BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

GetBMWParts

05-02-2011, 05:38 PM   #353
monkawekrue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: e46 M3 AW/f25 X3 AW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo335 View Post
This is not common sense. You are a sheep if you believe everything the media and government say is true.
+1 no one here knows the truth cuz none of us were there. so either a) drink a 6 pack and celebrate....or b) drink a 6 pack.

(dont get behind the wheel though)
      05-02-2011, 05:38 PM   #354
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
People's reactions are their reactions. In the end we're all people. Not sure why you want to begrudge someone for being elated that their country's #1 enemy has been slain. Maybe you weren't or didn't know anyone directly or personally affected by 9/11. No one I know died, but I've seen it in friends and their family. They're allowed to cheer as long as they want in my book.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 05:39 PM   #355
Chenry135
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: former 2008 135i/ 2006 STI

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bHd:. View Post
Seeing the public cheer for someones death outside the white house reminded me of the footage from middle east when an American soldier dies.

Pretty sad that our citizens are no different than theirs.
Did you just compare the death of a soldier to the death of Bin Laden? I would say cheering someone who organizes the mass murder of citizens all around the world is more acceptable than a soldier defending a country.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 05:42 PM   #356
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo335 View Post
This is not common sense. You are a sheep if you believe everything the media and government say is true.
Who's saying anyone believes everything they say? Common sense says why the fuck would the president say he was dead if he wasn't dead? You don't think the potential backlash of his administration lying and Bin Laden showing up alive somewhere greatly outweighs any short term "gains" made by claiming he's dead? You think Obama won't have life after he's president? He would seriously risk the potential backlash towards him, his family, and his co-workers for a hoax to boost his chances at re-election? You sure you know what common sense is?
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 05:43 PM   #357
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Drives: VF

I guess I just don't understand the celebrations.... Kill 'em all and then I'll think about celebrating.

Also, I'm not sure that killing Osama will make things more dangerous. I'm not seeing how this would make existing radical terrorists "try harder" or "hate us even more" (that concept actually makes me lol). We need to worry more about inadvertently spurring the recruitment of sympathizers or more extremists. The celebrations plastered all over the media don't help us out at all, and this shit with Pakistan is about to get even worse.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 05:47 PM   #358
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
I guess I just don't understand the celebrations.... Kill 'em all and then I'll think about celebrating.
The media overdramatized the celebrations like they do anything. It was almost funny watching CNN keep trying to "cut to the crowd cheering" and there was nothing audible, just people gathered outside of the White House, with a few chants here and there.

A few people wanna get together and be happy, I'm not going to tell them not to. Climb a lamppost, make an idiot of yourself, we all know it happens when something as trivial as the home sports team wins a championship. At least in this case, something of consequence was the catalyst. FWIW, we'll never kill em all.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 05:49 PM   #359
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep

Drives: E92 335i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenry135 View Post
Did you just compare the death of a soldier to the death of Bin Laden? I would say cheering someone who organizes the mass murder of citizens all around the world is more acceptable than a soldier defending a country.
Organizing mass murder? I'm just gonna point to the war in Iraq and leave it there.

Let them celebrate I don't care about that, it just saddens me knowing how stupid the public is and how they will believe anything they see.

Was Bin Laden the head of the biggest terrorist group? maybe

Did he have connections to the Bush family? Yes
Did he have connections with the CIA? Yes
Was he treated at an American hospital when we were looking for him? Yes
Is there any evidence that he was responsible for the 9/11 attacks? No

All i'm saying is don't just get your news from one source and believe that as the truth.

LOL at the tags

Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 05:50 PM   #360
Tag
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: bimmer

Quote:

Also, I'm not sure that killing Osama will make things more dangerous. I'm not seeing how this would make existing radical terrorists "try harder" or "hate us even more" (that concept actually makes me lol). We need to worry more about inadvertently spurring the recruitment of sympathizers or more extremists. The celebrations plastered all over the media don't help us out at all, and this shit with Pakistan is about to get even worse.
So by your rational it's better if he was still alive as their leader helping plan future attacks. That sounds like a fantastic option.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 05:53 PM   #361
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tag824 View Post
So by your rational it's better if he was still alive as their leader helping plan future attacks. That sounds like a fantastic option.
He's not saying that, he's saying it isn't over. Which I agree with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue
Also, I'm not sure that killing Osama will make things more dangerous. I'm not seeing how this would make existing radical terrorists "try harder" or "hate us even more" (that concept actually makes me lol)
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 05:55 PM   #362
Tag
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
He's not saying that, he's saying it isn't over. Which I agree with.
OK, maybe I misread. Of course it's not over. Anyone that thinks that is a fool.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 05:57 PM   #363
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
OK, maybe I misread. Of course it's not over. Anyone that thinks that is a fool.
Right, I think simply put he's saying that it's a victory, but instead of celebrating, we need to stay focused. None of the hooligans climbing streetlights have any say in foreign operations, though, thankfully
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 05:58 PM   #364
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
FWIW, we'll never kill em all.
I'm well aware. That was my point really.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 05:59 PM   #365
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I'm well aware. That was my point really.
lol but you've already been misunderstood...Direct, concise text Jusin!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 06:01 PM   #366
Tag
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Right, I think simply put he's saying that it's a victory, but instead of celebrating, we need to stay focused. None of the hooligans climbing streetlights have any say in foreign operations, though, thankfully
It's like you said, it looked like a victory celebration after some sports game. Almost everyone in that crowd looked like a teen. You didn't see many elders at all. I don't care that they were celebrating that sob's death. They cut off the heads of our people and drag their bodies through their streets with mobs behind them chanting death to America while lighting our flags on fire and declaring war on us. We have a bunch of what looked like college kids climbing poles cheering. Big fucking deal!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 06:03 PM   #367
Chenry135
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: former 2008 135i/ 2006 STI

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bHd:. View Post
Organizing mass murder? I'm just gonna point to the war in Iraq and leave it there.

Let them celebrate I don't care about that, it just saddens me knowing how stupid the public is and how they will believe anything they see.

Was Bin Laden the head of the biggest terrorist group? maybe

Did he have connections to the Bush family? Yes
Did he have connections with the CIA? Yes
Was he treated at an American hospital when we were looking for him? Yes
Is there any evidence that he was responsible for the 9/11 attacks? No

All i'm saying is don't just get your news from one source and believe that as the truth.

LOL at the tags
If you are going to compare the Iraq war to Bin Laden's antics, then there really is no way anyone can ever convince you of anything. I understand people having different views about the war and all, but that is just taking it too far in my opinion. By the way, where do you get your information/ news from that is 100% correct and non-biased from? That is the first thing conspiracy theorists always say to discredit anyone, is that you cant always trust the news... blah blah
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 06:06 PM   #368
GregTheStig
derp
Armenia
Rep

Drives: a Tuk Tuk

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Footage of this event coming soon to teh interwebz...

http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/web/05/...deo/index.html
      05-02-2011, 06:07 PM   #369
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

05-02-2011, 06:08 PM   #370
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregTheStig View Post
Footage of this event coming soon to teh interwebz...

http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/web/05/...deo/index.html
yea but they faked that moon landing you know...
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 06:10 PM   #371
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
You did misread or misunderstand my post. I'm glad he's dead. It is a step in the right direction, but like BTM said, we'll never kill them all. I was simply responding to this mass perception that there will be severe and widespread backlash because we killed him. I don't think that's the case. Now, if we would have tied him to the back of a truck and dragged him through the streets, and put it on the news on every channel in the states, then I would expect retaliation due to increasing the sympathizer base and recruitment material.

I really rather would have fed him to pigs. Dumping him at sea was too pussy for my taste. Having his remains transformed into pig shit would have been a fitting end IMO. Of course, nothing could be publicized or videotaped, because of the fact that it would only make the situation worse, but it would be a bit of justice IMO.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 06:10 PM   #372
GregTheStig
derp
Armenia
Rep

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
      05-02-2011, 06:10 PM   #373
KGB7
Crazy Russian Bastard
United_States
Rep

Drives: 01 740i sport

Quote:
So true, i was there making fake moon rocks.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 06:11 PM   #374
GregTheStig
derp
Armenia
Rep

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Oh of course. And Hitler died in 1989 too. (Although there actually are a bunch of theories he faked his suicide and fled to Argentina. Some compelling evidence but that's another topic all together...)