BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-24-2011, 07:47 PM   #1233
2thdr
Lieutenant
 
Drives: '13 X5M/'10 R8 V10
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: E-town, Alberta

Posts: 484
iTrader: (0)

LOTS of radar/laser this weekend. I really need to put the Valentine back in the car.
2thdr is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2011, 12:39 AM   #1234
jjjheimer
Private
 
Drives: 2009 E90 M3 M-DCT
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Edmonton, AB

Posts: 53
iTrader: (0)

I've got a perennial favorite question: where do you buy your gas from and why? I used to run Husky 94 in a car that was tuned for the ethanol but I've since switched back to Esso for the M3. PetroCan was also recommended but I will never support anything that Trudeau's energy policy created. Interestingly, Shell V-Power was not recommended. Given the marketing spend Shell puts into V-Power it really must be shitty.
jjjheimer is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2011, 07:49 AM   #1235
2thdr
Lieutenant
 
Drives: '13 X5M/'10 R8 V10
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: E-town, Alberta

Posts: 484
iTrader: (0)

Only Petro Canada and only from two stations in Edmonton...the ones on Calgary Trail by the Chapters (just north of the new 23rd ave interchange) or on 97th st before 163rd Ave.

Both of these stations have dedicated premium pumps so no mixing of lower grade gas with the premium.

Personally speaking, the NEP is 30yrs old...time to move on. Do what's right for your car. Petro Canada is a private company now and the NEP is long dead. Otherwise, would you consider boycotting BMW's, seeing that they are a product of former Nazi Germany?

Just sayin'....
2thdr is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2011, 08:15 AM   #1236
Puckmaster
Private First Class
 
Drives: White 2008 E92 M3 Coupe DCT
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Edmonton, Canada

Posts: 155
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
LOL!!
Puckmaster is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2011, 10:30 AM   #1237
Kartelli
Private First Class
 
Drives: 08 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Edmonton

Posts: 144
iTrader: (0)

I have my M3 up for sale,

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...AdIdZ275324133

2008 Alpine White on Fox Red w/ 55k kms. Fully stock. Price is OBO.

If someone on the forum can provide a referal that leads to a sale, ill give $500 cash to that person.
Kartelli is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2011, 12:27 PM   #1238
sparkyg
Brigadier General
 
sparkyg's Avatar
 
Drives: EBII 2014 F31 328xi
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oil Country

Posts: 3,493
iTrader: (5)

I use Shell V power all the time with better results than Petro Can (Suncor now you know). Shell is recommended by BMW too.

I do not use Husky due to the high ethanol content.

Why no luv for Shell?
sparkyg is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2011, 12:29 PM   #1239
sparkyg
Brigadier General
 
sparkyg's Avatar
 
Drives: EBII 2014 F31 328xi
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oil Country

Posts: 3,493
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2thdr View Post
Only Petro Canada and only from two stations in Edmonton...the ones on Calgary Trail by the Chapters (just north of the new 23rd ave interchange) or on 97th st before 163rd Ave.

Both of these stations have dedicated premium pumps so no mixing of lower grade gas with the premium.

Personally speaking, the NEP is 30yrs old...time to move on. Do what's right for your car. Petro Canada is a private company now and the NEP is long dead. Otherwise, would you consider boycotting BMW's, seeing that they are a product of former Nazi Germany?

Just sayin'....
lol true

Now voting Liberal though.....mmmmmmeh
sparkyg is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2011, 12:33 PM   #1240
sparkyg
Brigadier General
 
sparkyg's Avatar
 
Drives: EBII 2014 F31 328xi
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oil Country

Posts: 3,493
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartelli View Post
I have my M3 up for sale,

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...AdIdZ275324133

2008 Alpine White on Fox Red w/ 55k kms. Fully stock. Price is OBO.

If someone on the forum can provide a referal that leads to a sale, ill give $500 cash to that person.
I sent it off to a buddy of mine.

Why the high km? Did you buy it with high miles from the US?

Thx
sparkyg is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2011, 02:44 PM   #1241
Kartelli
Private First Class
 
Drives: 08 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Edmonton

Posts: 144
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
I sent it off to a buddy of mine.

Why the high km? Did you buy it with high miles from the US?

Thx
PM'ed!
Kartelli is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2011, 09:16 PM   #1242
2thdr
Lieutenant
 
Drives: '13 X5M/'10 R8 V10
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: E-town, Alberta

Posts: 484
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
I use Shell V power all the time with better results than Petro Can (Suncor now you know). Shell is recommended by BMW too.

I do not use Husky due to the high ethanol content.

Why no luv for Shell?
Interesting observation, Glenn. The only times I have ever used Shell is if out of town, and even then, I circle like a vulture waiting for another high end car (or any car for that matter) that finished a fill with V-power Gold to leave and then I jump in. But, I would still say that I have had better results running in terms of sheer mileage on PetroC Supreme. What is your measuring stick?


Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
lol true

Now voting Liberal though.....mmmmmmeh
Don't even get me started. I think all three party suck ass. Harper is the closest to fascism that we have or likely ever will come. Unfortunately, both the other alternatives just don't understand the importance of this province and the oil industry to the prosperity of not only Alberta, but Canadians as a whole.

Too many f***ing idiots running this country.
2thdr is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2011, 12:38 AM   #1243
acs-e36
Private
 
Drives: 330xi
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Calgary, AB

Posts: 55
iTrader: (0)

any upcoming meets this weekend?
__________________
acs-e36 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2011, 12:03 PM   #1244
sparkyg
Brigadier General
 
sparkyg's Avatar
 
Drives: EBII 2014 F31 328xi
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oil Country

Posts: 3,493
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2thdr View Post
Interesting observation, Glenn. The only times I have ever used Shell is if out of town, and even then, I circle like a vulture waiting for another high end car (or any car for that matter) that finished a fill with V-power Gold to leave and then I jump in. But, I would still say that I have had better results running in terms of sheer mileage on PetroC Supreme. What is your measuring stick?




Don't even get me started. I think all three party suck ass. Harper is the closest to fascism that we have or likely ever will come. Unfortunately, both the other alternatives just don't understand the importance of this province and the oil industry to the prosperity of not only Alberta, but Canadians as a whole.

Too many f***ing idiots running this country.

I ust feel the car is more responsive on V power. I dunno. It could be all in my head. I just seem to fill up with it and all of a sudden there is a tick more responsiveness.

Give it a try, see what you think.

Politics in Canada is almost as bad as US these days. I just cant support any party that supports cap-n-trade. Its stupid. Punish the producer? wtf?

How about if you wanna reduce consumption, which is the ultimate goal, use a carbon tax. Seems fair, but oh wait Jack, then everyone has to pay not just the upper/middle class. Well thats no fair...tax the oil companies....its all their fault....

Idiots, all
sparkyg is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2011, 07:49 PM   #1245
2thdr
Lieutenant
 
Drives: '13 X5M/'10 R8 V10
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: E-town, Alberta

Posts: 484
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
I ust feel the car is more responsive on V power. I dunno. It could be all in my head. I just seem to fill up with it and all of a sudden there is a tick more responsiveness.

Give it a try, see what you think.

Politics in Canada is almost as bad as US these days. I just cant support any party that supports cap-n-trade. Its stupid. Punish the producer? wtf?

How about if you wanna reduce consumption, which is the ultimate goal, use a carbon tax. Seems fair, but oh wait Jack, then everyone has to pay not just the upper/middle class. Well thats no fair...tax the oil companies....its all their fault....

Very good point

Idiots, all
2thdr is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2011, 07:58 PM   #1246
sparkyg
Brigadier General
 
sparkyg's Avatar
 
Drives: EBII 2014 F31 328xi
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oil Country

Posts: 3,493
iTrader: (5)

Wheels+ can get the Michelin PSS if anyone is interested.

My 19" set gonna be $2100 installed

Thats a 255/35-19f and 295/30-19r combo so stock 18" or 19" will be cheaper
sparkyg is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2011, 08:35 PM   #1247
Taunto
Car Enthusiast
 
Taunto's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 CB M3 SMG
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sylvan Lake

Posts: 100
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to Taunto Send a message via Skype™ to Taunto
I have always ran Shell V-power in all my vehicles. From my 2002 Ford Lightning, even to my DD 2010 Dodge Caliber SXT. I get 100kms more to a tank on shell v-power than i do with regular fuel. Car also doesnt idle as rough on premium fuel..and thats just a shitty dodge caliber lol
Taunto is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2011, 11:45 PM   #1248
jjjheimer
Private
 
Drives: 2009 E90 M3 M-DCT
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Edmonton, AB

Posts: 53
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2thdr View Post
Personally speaking, the NEP is 30yrs old...time to move on. Do what's right for your car. Petro Canada is a private company now and the NEP is long dead. Otherwise, would you consider boycotting BMW's, seeing that they are a product of former Nazi Germany?
Dude, I'm in Hawaii right now and I couldn't give a shit whether you like my politics or not. Points for Godwin's law reference though. Honestly, you'll really enjoy conservative rule come May 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
Wheels+ can get the Michelin PSS if anyone is interested.
I ordered two Michelin PSS 275/35/19s from Wheels Plus for the 220M wheels on my car.
jjjheimer is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-28-2011, 08:51 PM   #1249
2thdr
Lieutenant
 
Drives: '13 X5M/'10 R8 V10
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: E-town, Alberta

Posts: 484
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
Wheels+ can get the Michelin PSS if anyone is interested.

My 19" set gonna be $2100 installed

Thats a 255/35-19f and 295/30-19r combo so stock 18" or 19" will be cheaper
Glenn, I need to meet up with you once you have them installed. Do you have the specs on your rearwheel?
2thdr is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-28-2011, 08:54 PM   #1250
2thdr
Lieutenant
 
Drives: '13 X5M/'10 R8 V10
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: E-town, Alberta

Posts: 484
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjheimer View Post
Dude, I'm in Hawaii right now and I couldn't give a shit whether you like my politics or not. Points for Godwin's law reference though. Honestly, you'll really enjoy conservative rule come May 2.

Chill out and eat some more pineapple. The comment wasn't meant to be as serious as you took it. And for the record, once again, I don't think I would enjoy anybody's rule right now...they are all fucking idiots.
2thdr is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-28-2011, 09:49 PM   #1251
schnell325
Bored at work....
 
schnell325's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 M3,'11 335xi
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: BC

Posts: 3,860
iTrader: (5)

All I care is for the ruling party to be is to keep taxes the same or lower. But, then anyone thinking differently is a moron.
__________________
'08 M3: AA G2L3, Catless X-Pipe & Sig Series Rear. AP rods. TC Kline EDC Coil Overs. MRF Alum Sub Frame Bushings. TMS Delrin Diff'l Bushings. BFI Motor Mounts. Recaro PP. BMW Perf Steering Wheel. P3 Gauge. PS Overflow Kit. APEX ARC-8 18"x9.5"/10.5". Conti Slicks 275/35F 305/30R. Stoptech Pads/SS Lines. Cantrell Brake Ducts.
http://5252motorsports.blogspot.ca/2...3-sleeper.html
schnell325 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-29-2011, 08:26 AM   #1252
Puckmaster
Private First Class
 
Drives: White 2008 E92 M3 Coupe DCT
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Edmonton, Canada

Posts: 155
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
All three of them are fucked in the head! Really, is that the best this country has to offer for leadership???


Happy Friday!
Puckmaster is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-29-2011, 08:31 AM   #1253
Puckmaster
Private First Class
 
Drives: White 2008 E92 M3 Coupe DCT
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Edmonton, Canada

Posts: 155
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Had my 3M put on my M car yesterday at Car Pretty. They do a awesome job!
Anyone looking to get 3M work done should check them out!
Puckmaster is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-29-2011, 08:45 AM   #1254
frenchM3dreamer
Captain
 
Drives: 08 Mitsu Eclipse Spyder GTP
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton, AB

Posts: 786
iTrader: (0)

as long as they dont raise taxes, keep the oil companies happy, so that they pay their people good, so that these people need more houses, developers need more lots to sell, and bam! more work for me

more work, more $$$, more cars !!! i wish
frenchM3dreamer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:16 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST