BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos
 
Evolve Automotive
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-19-2011, 08:26 PM   #1
John 070
Lieutenant General
157
Rep
11,513
Posts

 
Drives: 335i cpe
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: ZSP/ZPP/ZCW

iTrader: (0)

coworker got new S4

Have to admit, in person, it's beautiful! He's only had it 6 days...Got some prestige package, 7 speed, best of all, he tried to get an incentive and all they threw at him were leases, so he said F it and he bought it outright, though the bonuses from last week helped!

Have to admit my 4 y.o. 335 is nowhere nearly as exciting, but after I Zaino'd the leather last weekend it smells 1/2 like a new car and it helps with the ingress/egress....and I still love it although I do envy that S4 just a little...
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 08:30 PM   #2
BTTGMan
Banned
9
Rep
539
Posts

 
Drives: 335xi coupe - space gray
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pennsylvania

iTrader: (0)

Different cars, excel in different ways. 335 is the sleeper. S4 is the rich man's slightly less functional evo x.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 08:41 PM   #3
grimlock
Lieutenant Colonel
59
Rep
1,811
Posts

 
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

I rather have the S4 than the Zaino..
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 08:41 PM   #4
dreamingat30fps
Captain
United_States
15
Rep
904
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335i (RIP) - 2006 Z4MR
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (1)

I test drove the new S4 and I must say I wasn't a fan. Don't want to sound like a BMW fanboy since I love me some Audi. The S4 just seemed to refined for my taste. Might be because it wasn't broken in yet but it just didn't have that connected feel.

Plus no coupe so that's a deal breaker for me. It's a nice ride though.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 08:42 PM   #5
TheRox
Colonel
TheRox's Avatar
50
Rep
2,312
Posts

 
Drives: 6mt
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Here and there

iTrader: (2)

Lol its the novel of something new as well

You should check out his interior...the S4 interior is taste specific, its very young and sporty....not traditional like BMW...as a novelty thing, its nice


S4 is quite a nice car...esp if you need AWD...not my cup of tea, but it is what it is.

Audi is def coming up in many ways. The Engine is especially strong in the S4.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 08:49 PM   #6
kw515
Private First Class
kw515's Avatar
2
Rep
100
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Oakville

iTrader: (1)

the S5 makes me **** in my pants
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 08:52 PM   #7
TheRox
Colonel
TheRox's Avatar
50
Rep
2,312
Posts

 
Drives: 6mt
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Here and there

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kw515 View Post
the S5 makes me **** in my pants
Its very close to having that BOSS look

ESp on big rims...S5 looks straight mean.

Meanest car for the money in that segment. Baller. Even the A5 with mods is mean.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 08:53 PM   #8
John 070
Lieutenant General
157
Rep
11,513
Posts

 
Drives: 335i cpe
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: ZSP/ZPP/ZCW

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRox View Post
Lol its the novel of something new as well

You should check out his interior...the S4 interior is taste specific, its very young and sporty....not traditional like BMW...as a novelty thing, its nice


S4 is quite a nice car...esp if you need AWD...not my cup of tea, but it is what it is.

Audi is def coming up in many ways. The Engine is especially strong in the S4.
I agree, it's the newness and even the 4 years of added youthfulness when compared to my '07. There are several Panamera 4S in our parking lot, a new one showed up today, but seriously they are not exciting as this new S4. My car still excites me, but that brake squeaking is really annoying me now that it's sunroof season. I am toying with the idea of just getting new brakes even though they have 26,000 left on the rears, anything to get rid of it!
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 08:55 PM   #9
Thrasher
New Member
Canada
0
Rep
28
Posts

 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Plus no coupe so that's a deal breaker for me. It's a nice ride though.
The coupe is the S5, one sexy car
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 08:58 PM   #10
kw515
Private First Class
kw515's Avatar
2
Rep
100
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Oakville

iTrader: (1)

lol yea, being the creature of habit that most of us 9-5er are, i often encounter this black S5 at the red light leaving my neighborhood. We always catch each other staring at the other guys cars and making slight eye contact after realizing that we were staring lol.. its starting to get a bit awkward now..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRox View Post
Its very close to having that BOSS look

ESp on big rims...S5 looks straight mean.

Meanest car for the money in that segment. Baller. Even the A5 with mods is mean.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 09:03 PM   #11
BTTGMan
Banned
9
Rep
539
Posts

 
Drives: 335xi coupe - space gray
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pennsylvania

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kw515 View Post
lol yea, being the creature of habit that most of us 9-5er are, i often encounter this black S5 at the red light leaving my neighborhood. We always catch each other staring at the other guys cars and making slight eye contact after realizing that we were staring lol.. its starting to get a bit awkward now..
Drove an s5 for fun when picking my car up. Sales guy was laughing that it looks better than it drives and that 335 is nicer all around. He was right. To be fair it was a trade, but mint condition.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 09:07 PM   #12
RaceBlood
Going nowhere fast.
RaceBlood's Avatar
United_States
31
Rep
2,243
Posts

 
Drives: 2 wheels
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Downtown

iTrader: (0)

S4 is damn nice, S5 is darn nice, 335i is nice enough...LOL
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 09:08 PM   #13
skow
First Lieutenant
skow's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
304
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Detroit

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 335XI  [4.50]
I must say I do like the S4. As i require AWD, had the new turbo'd model been out when i was shopping i woulda been on the fence between it and the XI.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 09:12 PM   #14
kw515
Private First Class
kw515's Avatar
2
Rep
100
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Oakville

iTrader: (1)

Completely agree, totally in love with my 335i. Heck, i get a chuckle every time i accelerate too fast and the seat belt locks up on me. which forces me to jerk my shoulders forward a couple of times in order to avoid suffer blood loss in my upper body =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceBlood View Post
S4 is damn nice, S5 is darn nice, 335i is nice enough...LOL
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 09:22 PM   #15
hipnotic
Major General
hipnotic's Avatar
United_States
76
Rep
6,574
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335i
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: So. Cal

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2008 335i coupe  [3.50]
i love my 335
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 09:25 PM   #16
TheRox
Colonel
TheRox's Avatar
50
Rep
2,312
Posts

 
Drives: 6mt
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Here and there

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kw515 View Post
lol yea, being the creature of habit that most of us 9-5er are, i often encounter this black S5 at the red light leaving my neighborhood. We always catch each other staring at the other guys cars and making slight eye contact after realizing that we were staring lol.. its starting to get a bit awkward now..
But if you look at the reviews, the S5 simply doesn't have the steering feel of BMW..

Thats prob the major difference...and according to Clarkson it still understeers despite Audi's attempts to address that.

I dunno, you'll def get more looks in an A5

A4 though...no offence, not that good looking...A4 needs to be wider, and neds the solid "L" shaped LED from the A5...that swooping thing they having going on just doesn't go with the solid lines of the car. Not very well thougth out.

A5 is BOSS look...A4 is most certainly not. Kinda looks like a meek little VW.


That being said, I have an e90 LCI....which ain't exactly a beauty queen by any standard; she's just lucky to have the BMW badge!!! THe e92 is timeless tho.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 09:42 PM   #17
kw515
Private First Class
kw515's Avatar
2
Rep
100
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Oakville

iTrader: (1)

once again, you hit the point straight on. A4 just doesn't it for me. It's a nice entry level sedan for the folks who wants get into a german car and experience what all the hype about "german engineering" is all about. I think we all pretty much agree that A5 and S5 will get you some head turning from onlookers. Never test driven any of those cars, so I cant really give any performance related opinion. Those LEDs on the S5 are just gorgous, so are our angel eyes. I still feel like a champ owning my 335i. =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRox View Post
But if you look at the reviews, the S5 simply doesn't have the steering feel of BMW..

Thats prob the major difference...and according to Clarkson it still understeers despite Audi's attempts to address that.

I dunno, you'll def get more looks in an A5

A4 though...no offence, not that good looking...A4 needs to be wider, and neds the solid "L" shaped LED from the A5...that swooping thing they having going on just doesn't go with the solid lines of the car. Not very well thougth out.

A5 is BOSS look...A4 is most certainly not. Kinda looks like a meek little VW.


That being said, I have an e90 LCI....which ain't exactly a beauty queen by any standard; she's just lucky to have the BMW badge!!! THe e92 is timeless tho.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 10:14 PM   #18
IancoleTX
Dillo boxers
IancoleTX's Avatar
United_States
40
Rep
3,041
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: USA

iTrader: (13)

Cant even hate on the S4/5. Sick cars.
__________________
2011 135i 6MT - Alpine White / Savannah Beige
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 10:42 PM   #19
iBMW05
Enlisted Member
1
Rep
35
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: UNITED STATES

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Plus no coupe so that's a deal breaker for me. It's a nice ride though.
I just bought my 335i coupe and the only reason I disregarded the S4 entirely when I was looking for a car was for this reason.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 10:43 PM   #20
CAPSGOD
Major
19
Rep
1,136
Posts

 
Drives: Diesel Son
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: #yolo

iTrader: (0)

I think the A4 with that new titanium package looks nice. Not the most thrilling car to drive but it's not trying to be either




Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 11:32 PM   #21
abisson
Canada FTW.
abisson's Avatar
Canada
37
Rep
516
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 GTI MKVI
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Maple Syrup Country

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E=mc2 View Post
M3
Same price range much?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 11:55 PM   #22
kyleb350
Brigadier General
kyleb350's Avatar
United_States
51
Rep
4,196
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: LoMbard, IL

iTrader: (6)

Wouldn't mind getting one with the titanium package and sport diff
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:15 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST