BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
GT Haus
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-11-2011, 06:18 PM   #89
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
285
Rep
15,812
Posts

 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post
you can. new ultrasn0w came out today (i had to install it to fix one bar issue)


you can only unlock 4.3.1 if you retained your 1.59.00 baseband
oo

well i don't have my 1 bar issue... so I'm good
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2011, 06:21 PM   #90
skinnycow
condoms prevent minivans
United_States
45
Rep
223
Posts

 
Drives: Batmobile
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kitchen

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to skinnycow
Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post
you can. new ultrasn0w came out today (i had to install it to fix one bar issue)


you can only unlock 4.3.1 if you retained your 1.59.00 baseband
yeah i installed the repo666.ultrasn0w and from the pushfix, but it still didn't work :/

my only option is to downgrade it, but i keep getting these error messages
__________________
I have strong opinions about things that don't matter.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2011, 06:24 PM   #91
solefald
Nigerian Prince
solefald's Avatar
Vatican City State
71
Rep
2,171
Posts

 
Drives: '11 F25
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnycow View Post
yeah i installed the repo666.ultrasn0w and from the pushfix, but it still didn't work :/

my only option is to downgrade it, but i keep getting these error messages
did you reboot the phone after installing it? respring wont work

what is your baseband version?

Quote:
AFTER INSTALLING ULTRASN0W 1.2.1, PLEASE REBOOT YOUR iPHONE using the normal “slide to power off” swipe. T-Mobile users in the USA also should disable 3G mode in Settings->General->Network.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2011, 06:29 PM   #92
skinnycow
condoms prevent minivans
United_States
45
Rep
223
Posts

 
Drives: Batmobile
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kitchen

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to skinnycow
05.16.02



i was successful in jail breaking my phone which was already a 4.2.1, but my cousin upgraded
__________________
I have strong opinions about things that don't matter.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2011, 06:33 PM   #93
yakev724
Brigadier General
yakev724's Avatar
Russian Federation
66
Rep
3,559
Posts

 
Drives: 00 RX300
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ithaca, NY

iTrader: (49)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnycow View Post
05.16.02



i was successful in jail breaking my phone which was already a 4.2.1, but my cousin upgraded
If you need to unlock the phone, you first need to update the baseband to 6.15.00. Run redsnow, select your 4.3.1 firmware, then check 'install iPad baseband' when given the option. After it runs, your phone's baseband will be an unlockable 6.15.00. Install ultrasnow through Cydia (don't need to enter the repo like you did above, it's already entered for you) and it'll be unlocked.

Note that updating to 6.15.00 is permanent, you won't be able to simply hit 'restore' in iTunes and restore, and your GPS will stop working. But it is, as of now, the only way to unlock your phone.

EDIT: the above may not work for 4.3 or 4.3.1, in which case you'll need to downgrade to 4.2.1 or earlier (if at all possible, depends on the history of the phone), then update the baseband to 6.15.00, then update firmware to 4.3.1 if you'd like.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2011, 06:36 PM   #94
skinnycow
condoms prevent minivans
United_States
45
Rep
223
Posts

 
Drives: Batmobile
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kitchen

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to skinnycow
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakev724 View Post
If you need to unlock the phone, you first need to update the baseband to 6.15.00. Run redsnow, select your 4.3.1 firmware, then check 'install iPad baseband' when given the option. After it runs, your phone's baseband will be an unlockable 6.15.00. Install ultrasnow through Cydia (don't need to enter the repo like you did above, it's already entered for you) and it'll be unlocked.

Note that updating to 6.15.00 is permanent, you won't be able to simply hit 'restore' in iTunes and restore, and your GPS will stop working. But it is, as of now, the only way to unlock your phone.
thanks i'll give it a try tonight and let you know if it works.
__________________
I have strong opinions about things that don't matter.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
another gay iphone thread, persian 54 = worst poster, persian54 <3 ladyboy cock

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:19 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST