BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

GetBMWParts
Closed Thread

04-08-2011, 02:56 AM   #1
mryakanisachoad
Lieutenant

Drives: '13 550xi + '09 M5 + '10 135i

Everything else being equal (weather, altitude, tires, driver, etc)

What would be the final score on say 50 1/4 miles runs for a smartly tuned 135i vs same year M3. Trap times, rolling starts etc.

Could the 135i win a few or like half?
      04-08-2011, 07:18 AM   #2
mkoesel

Drives: IB/PS M-DCT E93 M3

M3 wins by default after 15 runs to due N55 heat soak?

Hell I don't know. This is a pretty tough question to answer with so many variables.
      04-08-2011, 08:09 AM   #3
Gearhead999s
Major General

Drives: E93 335is(wifes)E92 M3 SQ5

Every 135 that I have seen on track has only lasted about half the session due to overheating and the christmas tree display on the dash!

Yep Must be Friday
      04-08-2011, 09:12 AM   #4
E92_SID
Colonel

Drives: 2011.5 MR/BB E92 M3

At altitude such as up here in Denver (5280ft), the tuned N54/N55 will always win against the stock NA M3. I just had this discussion with my buddies this morning.

At sea level though, I think the tables turn significantly!
      04-08-2011, 09:30 AM   #5
Kyoshi71
Colonel

Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Heat soak....and the HPFP??

2010 E92 M3|Silverstone II|M-DCT|NCSW|2MT|ZCW|ZPP|ZTP|302|507|Gas Guzzler Tax
      04-08-2011, 09:45 AM   #6
Erhan
Colonel

Drives: Cooper S

Quote:

Hell I don't know. This is a pretty tough question to answer with so many variables.
      04-08-2011, 09:53 AM   #7
erm324
Major

Drives: M3

I see you live in NYC^ we can meet up for a few funs and you decide for yourself lol (i am modded, but the 135 is too so itll be equal )
erm324 is offline   No_Country
      04-08-2011, 10:38 AM   #8
mkoesel

Ok, I thought through it a little more, ran it through the simulator, did some back-of-the-napkin math, and I think I figured it out. Remember, this is just a simulation, so results are approximate.

Ok. You and the M3 arrive at the track early Sunday morning (disclaimer: could have been a Wednesday night). Temp is a perfect 66 degrees F, or maybe it was 70. You get the idea - good weather for drag racing.

Now, the M3 guy arrives alone because M3 drivers have no friends (that's an estimation, he might have one friend, but no more). You arrive in the 135i with a whole posse in tow in various German cars (a C Class, a 335xi, and of course the obligatory Golf or GTI - there's always one of those, right?) consisting of lots of friends and family.

Soon the runs start and things are going well for you. After five runs the score is M3: 2, 135i: 3 (could be 1 and 4 respectively, I don't know for sure). Then after about five times down the strip, the M3 guy notices your girlfriend (or it could have been your sister or even your mom) is pretty hot. He casually starts hitting on the girl after each run, talking up his car, job - you know how it goes. This part was pretty easy to simulate because all M3 drivers are cocks - so we know this part is probably very accurate.

Anyway, he then stops concentrating on the races and starts hitting on the girl instead. After a few more runs, he's completely forgotten about the races and that's a good thing since he only won 3 of them. However he ends up taking your girl home (no, you know what, I re-ran it was definitely your mom. Or sister?), and she stays the night (that's a guess - she may have left late that night).

The next day, the M3 guy the posts to M3Post about the whole thing. Except the thread gets locked because a huge debate breaks out because he doesn't have any pics of the girl.

So, was I close? What do I win?
      04-08-2011, 10:50 AM   #9
Gearhead999s
Major General

Drives: E93 335is(wifes)E92 M3 SQ5

Quote:
Ok, I thought through it a little more, ran it through the simulator, did some back-of-the-napkin math, and I think I figured it out. Remember, this is just a simulation, so results are approximate.

Ok. You and the M3 arrive at the track early Sunday morning (disclaimer: could have been a Wednesday night). Temp is a perfect 66 degrees F, or maybe it was 70. You get the idea - good weather for drag racing.

Now, the M3 guy arrives alone because M3 drivers have no friends (that's an estimation, he might have one friend, but no more). You arrive in the 135i with a whole posse in tow in various German cars (a C Class, a 335xi, and of course the obligatory Golf or GTI - there's always one of those, right?) consisting of lots of friends and family.

Soon the runs start and things are going well for you. After five runs the score is M3: 2, 135i: 3 (could be 1 and 4 respectively, I don't know for sure). Then after about five times down the strip, the M3 guy notices your girlfriend (or it could have been your sister or even your mom) is pretty hot. He casually starts hitting on the girl after each run, talking up his car, job - you know how it goes. This part was pretty easy to simulate because all M3 drivers are cocks - so we know this part is probably very accurate.

Anyway, he then stops concentrating on the races and starts hitting on the girl instead. After a few more runs, he's completely forgotten about the races and that's a good thing since he only won 3 of them. However he ends up taking your girl home (no, you know what, I re-ran it was definitely your mom. Or sister?), and she stays the night (that's a guess - she may have left late that night).

The next day, the M3 guy the posts to M3Post about the whole thing. Except the thread gets locked because a huge debate breaks out because he doesn't have any pics of the girl.

04-08-2011, 11:02 AM   #10
Inerrant
Private First Class

Drives: 2011.75 BMW M3 E93

04-08-2011, 11:05 AM   #11
sameh
Major

Drives: 2011 E92 M3 DCT JetBlk

Quote:

The only thing you forgot to mention is: while the M3 driver was hitting on his mom (who WAS actually his mom but she is so hot the M3 driver understandably thought she is his sister) he managed to reverse the score to 7-M3/3-I35i. The N3 driver enjoyed his day very much (and as it turned out, his night too) he didn't know about the score till the GTI guy came after him while leaving to say "7-3 dude!!! That was awesome"
      04-08-2011, 11:09 AM   #12
mrkbbd
Lieutenant

Drives: e92 M3 DCT

Garage List
2008 Mercedes E63AMG  [0.00]
2009 M3  [0.00]
mkoesel, awesome response

However, does the model take into account the over-heating on the 135? and what horsepower assumption were you making?
mrkbbd is offline   United_States
      04-08-2011, 11:12 AM   #13
mkoesel

Well, as it turns out, the only overheating that occured was when the M3 driver got the girl back to his place.

And, just for the sake of incorporating a multi-thread inside joke - there was enough horse power to take down Chuck Norrisssss!!!1111!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkbbd View Post
mkoesel, awesome response

However, does the model take into account the over-heating on the 135? and what horsepower assumption were you making?
      04-08-2011, 11:18 AM   #14
E92_SID
Colonel

Drives: 2011.5 MR/BB E92 M3

Quote:

THAT IS THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER READ!!!!
      04-08-2011, 12:26 PM   #15
immiketoo
Colonel

Drives: Smoothly

Well played sir, well played!

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
      04-08-2011, 03:08 PM   #16
OC3
Havin' a blast!

Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP

Quote:

Quote:
Well, as it turns out, the only overheating that occured was when the M3 driver got the girl back to his place.

And, just for the sake of incorporating a multi-thread inside joke - there was enough horse power to take down Chuck Norrisssss!!!1111!!

Touche~

BRP CW13 1:58 | CVR CW 2:01 | CVR CCW 2:02 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34
2013 E92 M3 Jerez Black DCT ZCP | JRZ RS Pro | Brembo BBK | Endless ME20 | Volk TE37 18x10.5 squared | NT01/TD
OC3 is offline   United_States
      04-08-2011, 03:16 PM   #17
I Wanna go Fast!
Private First Class

Drives: 08 l E90 l AW l PREMIUM l TECH

Quote:

I call BS!!! Only chicks drive 135's
      04-08-2011, 08:59 PM   #18
Frozen Black
Private

Drives: M3 E92 2010 Frozen Black

Quote:

Closed Thread