BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Lux Angel Eyes

04-07-2011, 10:38 AM   #1
lm1z
Major

Drives: 2013 Singapore Grey F10 M5

Trump for President, 2012

Thoughts?
Check out this interview...

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/424697...-today_people/

"We go to Afghanistan. We build a road. We build a school. Two days later, they blow up the road, they blow up the school -we start building the road and the school again..."

I'm not paying much attention to the Obama's citizenship issue...

As much as this guy is a pompous ass, I hate to say it, but I agree with a lot of his views. Again, though, no one offers any solutions to how we are going to fix issues. It seems that all the recent candidates love to propose new policies but have no effective solutions to current problems.

Would he make a good President? Absolutely not.
Do we need an ethical businessman to lead the U.S. from where we currently stand? 100% Yes.
PAST 2012 Mineral White E92 M3
CURRENT 2013 Singapore Grey F10 M5
      04-07-2011, 10:47 AM   #2
OdomPHD
I break for no one

Drives: e9o "Vanity 2"

Yeah, we gotta have a good businessman in office. Not a man with no business experience who is GUIDED by multiple businessmen.

Example, Dick Cheney, VP. NO ONE would ever dare to stand in Cheney's way. Ever. Halliburton is a massive company, some would say evil.....I say productive. THAT is what we need right now.

He personally over saw the first gulf war with great success under Bush Sr. and helped Bush Jr. kick ass over in the sandbox again. Unfortunately today's warfare ethics dictate we re build what we blow up (screw that).

Point is most of America hate businessmen, but hate always stems from jealousy. They have what most of America doesn't (money and brains). We need a hard nosed bastard like Patton who takes shit from no one to strong arm the lobby groups out of the way and establish a stable foothold for our economy to springboard off of. NO democrat is currently capable of doing that. Catering to the lowest socio-economic class has got us no where (re: Obama moma) so let's ditch the spare weight and get something done.
OdomPHD is offline   United_States
      04-07-2011, 10:55 AM   #3
lm1z
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdomPHD View Post
Yeah, we gotta have a good businessman in office. Not a man with no business experience who is GUIDED by multiple businessmen.

Example, Dick Cheney, VP. NO ONE would ever dare to stand in Cheney's way. Ever. Halliburton is a massive company, some would say evil.....I say productive. THAT is what we need right now.

He personally over saw the first gulf war with great success under Bush Sr. and helped Bush Jr. kick ass over in the sandbox again. Unfortunately today's warfare ethics dictate we re build what we blow up (screw that).

Point is most of America hate businessmen, but hate always stems from jealousy. They have what most of America doesn't (money and brains). We need a hard nosed bastard like Patton who takes shit from no one to strong arm the lobby groups out of the way and establish a stable foothold for our economy to springboard off of. NO democrat is currently capable of doing that. Catering to the lowest socio-economic class has got us no where (re: Obama moma) so let's ditch the spare weight and get something done.
+1.

As much as I am a moderate, I believe that if you look at the majority of successful businessmen in this country they tend to be Republican. Obviously this seems stereotypical, but there is a reason as to why this would prove to be true. Money managing, business saavy, ball-busting motherfuckers. The only reason I didn't vote for McCain is because of his pro-war stance, and well, because yeah...the guy's a fool. However, its obvious that military experience would be beneficial if used responsibly.

Last edited by lm1z; 04-07-2011 at 11:04 AM.
      04-07-2011, 11:07 AM   #4
OdomPHD
I break for no one

Yeah, we don't need a businessman in office forever, I'm moderate as well but I know as well as anyone that Obama means well.....but you can;t spend trillions in a recession. Sure, the bulk of US citizens (and mexicans) like to see he's spending money one them and that might prompt them to spend more pocket money somewhat stimulating the economy...but the upper classes see him not "spending" money but "pissing money away."

35.8% of US citizens pay in come tax. That leaves 64% who don't.

Want my frank opinion? If you haven't paid taxes in the last 5 years you should have no say in who leads this government. Late taxes are ok, thanks to the system being THAT fkd up, but if you get exempted from funding the government then you shouldn't be able to ASK FOR FUNDS you don't help pay.

This is why I'm the #1 fan of flat tax. There is no way around it. Even drug dealers and pimps will have to pay taxes... And then the tax attorneys and CPAs would be out of business...boohoo. With a comprehensive flat tax every single fiscal issue will be solved in 5 years, max. We could afford a trillion dollar "free insurance for everyone" program and still have money left over for energy R&D and road/bridge/dam restoration (more "shovel ready" jobs).

But, the lower class feels that something on that scale would cripple their budgets. Why? Oh, that'ssssss right.... They don't pay taxes as it is so ANY tax big or small would "cripple" their budgets.

As a US Naval officer I feel sickened by the people I serve and protect, this should not have to be said. America is a disgrace, and needs economic reform and social dis-reform badly.
      04-07-2011, 11:18 AM   #5
lm1z
Major

Quote:
Yeah, we don't need a businessman in office forever, I'm moderate as well but I know as well as anyone that Obama means well.....but you can;t spend trillions in a recession. Sure, the bulk of US citizens (and mexicans) like to see he's spending money one them and that might prompt them to spend more pocket money somewhat stimulating the economy...but the upper classes see him not "spending" money but "pissing money away."

35.8% of US citizens pay in come tax. That leaves 64% who don't.

Want my frank opinion? If you haven't paid taxes in the last 5 years you should have no say in who leads this government. Late taxes are ok, thanks to the system being THAT fkd up, but if you get exempted from funding the government then you shouldn't be able to ASK FOR FUNDS you don't help pay.

This is why I'm the #1 fan of flat tax. There is no way around it. Even drug dealers and pimps will have to pay taxes... And then the tax attorneys and CPAs would be out of business...boohoo. With a comprehensive flat tax every single fiscal issue will be solved in 5 years, max. We could afford a trillion dollar "free insurance for everyone" program and still have money left over for energy R&D and road/bridge/dam restoration (more "shovel ready" jobs).

But, the lower class feels that something on that scale would cripple their budgets. Why? Oh, that'ssssss right.... They don't pay taxes as it is so ANY tax big or small would "cripple" their budgets.

As a US Naval officer I feel sickened by the people I serve and protect, this should not have to be said. America is a disgrace, and needs economic reform and social dis-reform badly.
Totally agree in reference to your tax statements.

However, I do believe that we needed to spend a large chunk of change during the recessional period - this is what most people don't understand. If you compare the government to a business, you will see that many businesses (with liquid capital) invest millions in projects dealing with technology and logistics during periods such as this one. Take a look at the 80's. When times get better, you come out of the tough times on top - leaner and meaner than ever. Obama wanted to do exactly this, and as you said, he meant well. However, WHERE the money was allocated was completely wrong...Healthcare? NOW? Education...NOW? It had to be done NOW? He specifically stated that small businesses are what drive this country. He's right. But was it right to take more money out of small businesses pockets, which in turn led to many businesses filing for bankruptcy OR using their cash just to stay afloat. There was no room for improvement. The bottom line is that he felt that he could get this done in a 4 year term. It is going to take much longer than one Presidential term for either of those sectors to dramtically change. And here's the kicker...I would have invested this money in technology and you guessed it, logistics. Guess what would have happened? An increase in technological efficiency, an increase in jobs, improved EDUCATION, improved HEALTHCARE, and a more efficient market economy. This could have been a great start to climbing our way back up the International ladder.

It took him over 3 years to propose something along these lines - a $54b high-speed rail project.

You can't deny his values and his heart, but that's not what we need to be instilling in Americans right now. There's no more room for lovey-dovey bullshit. We need to get to work or we're all screwed.

Last edited by lm1z; 04-07-2011 at 11:26 AM.
      04-07-2011, 11:23 AM   #6
OdomPHD
I break for no one

"An increase in technological efficiency, an increase in jobs, improved EDUCATION, improved HEALTHCARE, and a more efficient market economy."

PRECISELY. I mean you nailed it on the head. I have no problem with the government spending money on people...I'm not a libertarian exactly, but WHERE you spend it means a lot. Sure, it sounds wonderful to directly invest in education and healthcare (can I smell the stench of vote grabbing? Only the ignorant will fall for that ploy), but when it comes down to the wire it is way more efficient to do exactly what you said: invest in peripheral industries that will HELP foster growth in the other sectors.
      04-07-2011, 11:26 AM   #7
infinitekid2002
Creepin while ya sleepin

Drives: Like a Bat out of Hell

Garage List
2008 135i  [3.71]
Ethics and business don't always mix; and his track record suggests the same. Now i do agree with a lot of what he says but he's not a serious candidate because of his past. What he will do however is stir up debate and expose a lot of the BS that will be flung around by both camps..so i think his involvement will ultimately help things. He wont be afraid to say what the Republican candidates are afraid to say, even though they want to say it.
      04-07-2011, 11:26 AM   #8
OdomPHD
I break for no one

Obama seems to be under the impression that the government manipulating the economy is cool. But this is NOT a command economy. It's a market economy, and every time he dabbles with it and regulates yet another project (limiting its potential) and requires just one morep ermit for whatever (limiting potential investment money) he hurts the forward progress.

Obama means well, but this term was a term meant for a businessman, not a social hippy. Hippies have their purpose and that is to limit market growth (sometimes its good cause it fights inflation and sees to it that people are treated fairly) but really..? NOW...?
      04-07-2011, 11:31 AM   #9
lm1z
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
Ethics and business don't always mix; and his track record suggests the same. Now i do agree with a lot of what he says but he's not a serious candidate because of his past. What he will do however is stir up debate and expose a lot of the BS that will be flung around by both camps..so i think his involvement will ultimately help things. He wont be afraid to say what the Republican candidates are afraid to say, even though they want to say it.
+1. Exactly. I added my last comment right after you posted this.

Quote:
"An increase in technological efficiency, an increase in jobs, improved EDUCATION, improved HEALTHCARE, and a more efficient market economy."

PRECISELY. I mean you nailed it on the head. I have no problem with the government spending money on people...I'm not a libertarian exactly, but WHERE you spend it means a lot. Sure, it sounds wonderful to directly invest in education and healthcare (can I smell the stench of vote grabbing? Only the ignorant will fall for that ploy), but when it comes down to the wire it is way more efficient to do exactly what you said: invest in peripheral industries that will HELP foster growth in the other sectors.
Totally agree. It's almost like his campaign for "CHANGE" should have gone into affect after his presidency...haha. Now we REALLY need to re-look at our actions. It sucks because I love the guy. His charm and social skills can really light up a room. But guess what? We voted in a fucking motivational speaker. I can't remember the last time I met a CEO of a successful company that was known as the 'nice guy."

Quote:
Obama seems to be under the impression that the government manipulating the economy is cool. But this is NOT a command economy. It's a market economy, and every time he dabbles with it and regulates yet another project (limiting its potential) and requires just one morep ermit for whatever (limiting potential investment money) he hurts the forward progress.

Obama means well, but this term was a term meant for a businessman, not a social hippy. Hippies have their purpose and that is to limit market growth (sometimes its good cause it fights inflation and sees to it that people are treated fairly) but really..? NOW...?
+1. Agree as well.
      04-07-2011, 11:38 AM   #10
lm1z
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
Ah, I re-read this. I still agree 100%. I misunderstood before.
I like the fact that Trump is voicing his concerns. If he was a smart man, he'd continue to do the same thing until his show ends and decide not to declare. Soak up the spotlight, voice your opinions then GTFO. If he practices any sort of self-observance, he should know that his personality cannot offer the traits that the President of The United States must portray.

Sorry, I can't imagine Trump going up to a little kid and/or reading in schools.
Can you imagine? "And here's how I became a billionaire...Now here's a a dollar. Run along!"

Hey, maybe that's what we need, though? The President should take care of business. Let the VP do all of the charity work!
      04-08-2011, 08:47 AM   #11
darkcloud
Colonel

Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to darkcloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by lm1z View Post

Sorry, I can't imagine Trump going up to a little kid and/or reading in schools.
Can you imagine? "And here's how I became a billionaire...Now here's a a dollar. Run along!"

Hey, maybe that's what we need, though? The President should take care of business. Let the VP do all of the charity work!
The President being a baby kisser and reading to 5th graders is PR bullshit and only became popular this last century. You think presidents in the 1700 and 1800 gave a shit about that stuff other then when they were campaigning? hell no they didn't, they were too busy running an massively expansive country.

it wasn't till our country filled up with a bunch of whiney bitches that put their hands into the pot without putting forth any work that like a picture of the president wasting a day reading to 5 year olds that will hardly remember or even care that they met the president that day.

personally all I care is if the president has an educational plan to bring our school up in line with some of the better nations. not that he's reading to kids, I don't give a damn. maybe he should be there reviewing the teacher/school to make sure they have their shit together.

is Trump a great idea for president, who knows. you can argue that was Regan a good idea, a actor, for president. I just want a president that will stand up to the bs, not be afraid to kick some ass and straighten out this damn country before it's too late. Trump may be able to do that. the country needs to be ran like a hard nosed business for a minute, then we can have our baby ass kissing, agenda pushing, hippie president back.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
darkcloud is offline   United_States
      04-08-2011, 09:56 AM   #12
lm1z
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post
The President being a baby kisser and reading to 5th graders is PR bullshit and only became popular this last century. You think presidents in the 1700 and 1800 gave a shit about that stuff other then when they were campaigning? hell no they didn't, they were too busy running an massively expansive country.

it wasn't till our country filled up with a bunch of whiney bitches that put their hands into the pot without putting forth any work that like a picture of the president wasting a day reading to 5 year olds that will hardly remember or even care that they met the president that day.

personally all I care is if the president has an educational plan to bring our school up in line with some of the better nations. not that he's reading to kids, I don't give a damn. maybe he should be there reviewing the teacher/school to make sure they have their shit together.

is Trump a great idea for president, who knows. you can argue that was Regan a good idea, a actor, for president. I just want a president that will stand up to the bs, not be afraid to kick some ass and straighten out this damn country before it's too late. Trump may be able to do that. the country needs to be ran like a hard nosed business for a minute, then we can have our baby ass kissing, agenda pushing, hippie president back.
I think the main point I was trying to make is that there are personality traits that I feel every President should have. A family man? I could give a damn. I'd rather be Clinton getting my dick sucked in the oval office, but I do believe that having a humble, likable personality definitely helps to close deals that work in our favor. As both a political and international figure, I believe the President needs to express this type of demeanor. Behind closed doors, however, I hope he bends everyone over and does work.

It's funny that you are entertaining the idea of Trump as President. At this point I wouldn't care if it was Charlie Sheen as long as the job got done. Maybe he does have what it takes.
All in all EVERYONE knows that things really need to change or our generation, as well as future generations, will be set up for failure.
      04-08-2011, 10:01 AM   #13
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?

Drives: Bandwagon

Quote:
Do we need an ethical businessman to lead the U.S. from where we currently stand? 100% Yes.
wtf is an ethical business man? Sounds like a poor person.
      04-08-2011, 10:40 AM   #14
bolinp78
G35 convertee

Drives: 2008 335i (AW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
haha. They definitely exist, although they are becoming harder and harder to find.
      04-08-2011, 10:53 AM   #15
lm1z
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
hahahah
      04-08-2011, 01:32 PM   #16
darkcloud
Colonel

Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to darkcloud
Quote:
I think the main point I was trying to make is that there are personality traits that I feel every President should have. A family man? I could give a damn. I'd rather be Clinton getting my dick sucked in the oval office, but I do believe that having a humble, likable personality definitely helps to close deals that work in our favor. As both a political and international figure, I believe the President needs to express this type of demeanor. Behind closed doors, however, I hope he bends everyone over and does work.

It's funny that you are entertaining the idea of Trump as President. At this point I wouldn't care if it was Charlie Sheen as long as the job got done. Maybe he does have what it takes.
All in all EVERYONE knows that things really need to change or our generation, as well as future generations, will be set up for failure.
I get that. but honestly I could care less how much the president is liked. sometimes it's better to be feared then liked. either way I too could care less who the president is next time around as long as he's kicking ass and taking names to get this country together. obama's hearts in the right place but it's not a popularity contest being president and I think he sometimes puts off that vibe aka televising him picking final 4 brackets.

I don't give a rats ass who you're picking for the final 4. I get he's a guy like all of us but to televise that shit, give me a freaking break. run the damn country better and stop having comments on espn dammit.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
darkcloud is offline   United_States
      04-08-2011, 02:18 PM   #17
lm1z
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post
I get that. but honestly I could care less how much the president is liked. sometimes it's better to be feared then liked. either way I too could care less who the president is next time around as long as he's kicking ass and taking names to get this country together. obama's hearts in the right place but it's not a popularity contest being president and I think he sometimes puts off that vibe aka televising him picking final 4 brackets.

I don't give a rats ass who you're picking for the final 4. I get he's a guy like all of us but to televise that shit, give me a freaking break. run the damn country better and stop having comments on espn dammit.
+1. I definitely agree with that.
I don't support any of that shit at all.
      04-08-2011, 03:04 PM   #18
gary88
Ikea enthusiast

Drives: '07 E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [3.91]
I've gotten to the point of thinking "what's the worst that could happen?".

garyhebdingjr.com | flickr | Instagram@garyhebding
gary88 is offline   United_States
      04-08-2011, 03:58 PM   #19
carve
Major

Drives: 335i

While I agree a successful businessman would be a good choice...I don't think Donald Trump would be. He's kind of a double-crossing used-car-salesman sleezbag that just deals in things more expensive than cars. I'd picture someone more like Bill Gates as a good choice.

Odom: I agree with much of what you said. It really does make sense to only allow people who put money in decide how it gets spent. I could see it being a problem in, say, the great depression though.

A good way to implement this...better than a flat tax, I think (which could turn into a shell game) is a national sales tax on new consumer goods and services. That way, if you choose to invest money rather than spend it, you get to invest before taxes, which is good for the economy. By being on new items only, the value of the tax stays with an item

For instance, I nearly bought a RAV4 for a great deal recently. However, I'd spend a couple grand in taxes and fees, and a new one comes out in a year and I'd want to upgrade. As soon as I sell, I'd be out depreciation plus taxes, so my loss would be about double in the first year. If there was a new item sales tax only, the value would stick with the car- they'd be worth that much more since tax never needs to be paid on them again. As a result I decided not to buy the car becauses taxes would be a total loss, which is bad for the economy.
      04-10-2011, 10:42 PM   #20
VenomBMW
Banned

Drives: 128i Convertible

Hells yes he should run. Trump would literally trump any opponent in a debate, including the so called greatest speaker in our lifetime Barack Obama. I think it'd be best if he ran as an independent but he's a prominent conservative. He would definitely help get this country back on track and wouldn't keep up with the usual status quo of appeasing his party. He gets my vote!
VenomBMW is offline   United_States
      04-10-2011, 10:48 PM   #21
VenomBMW
Banned

Drives: 128i Convertible

Flat tax FTW. That would fix so many issues and make it way easier to come up with budgets and programs. A 25% federal income tax should be put in place and state taxes can vary.
VenomBMW is offline   United_States
      04-15-2011, 09:11 AM   #22
rs6655
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2009 X3 (MT)

Quote:
If you haven't paid taxes in the last 5 years you should have no say in who leads this government.

VA disability payments are 100% exempt from taxation of any kind. There are many vets that have come back so screwed up that they will never again engage in gainful employment.... and will never pay taxes.

As a Naval Officer you should know that.

Also, many of the elderly living on nothing but SS pay no taxes either.

In my opinion these are two groups that have more right to vote than most.