BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

INDustry distribution

03-23-2011, 01:02 PM   #1
Suprane
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 09 M3 E90

Another Wheel Mounting Gone Wrong!

Got a couple nails in a rear tire a few weeks ago so picked up a new tire and decided to let the same guys that mounted them a year ago (no issues), do the M&B (Autoscope Plano). They have good equipment and they work on European cars.

Well, dropped off wheel on Friday for pick up Sat. Got a call on Sat saying wheel got "scratched" during mounting and will need repair. I figured its a small scratch and probably won't notice it after repair. After calling today and being told it was ready and "repaired"..went and picked it up.
(FYI, prior to all this, the wheel had some very small scratches in lug wells only..otherwise they were perfect).

Luckily, the face of the wheel is clean. Moral of the story is even though you think your'e going to a "high end" place, does not guarantee anything. I would have been better off at the Goodyear near my house.
As far as the "repair" goes, not really sure what they did but just wanted to get my wheels back and not risk any more damage.
Attached Images