BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-21-2011, 01:16 PM   #1
gr8one88
tru blu
United_States
10
Rep
215
Posts

 
Drives: 2005 Individual M3 ESTYblau
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Wheaton, Il

iTrader: (0)

Question Number Of Individuals Per Year

does anyone know how many individuals per year per model bmw allows?
im assuming it has increase over the years too with the e9x m3 it seems like there are more individuals being allowed?
anyway we can access this information for the model year or color?
im referring to the US not European markets...as there is a major difference.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 03:32 PM   #2
kaykay
Lieutenant Colonel
kaykay's Avatar
United_States
34
Rep
1,770
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
What?!??
__________________
'12 CLS550 Palladium Silver - loaded
'11 E92 M3 ZCP - SG/B-EXT/CF, M-DCT, loaded
'11 E93 328i, BSM over Saddle Brown, sport, loaded
'08 550i M-Sport, Carbon Black (Gone but not forgotten), '06 W211 E55 AMG (Gone, miss this animal),'01 E39 540i Sport
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 03:37 PM   #3
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
Prince_of_Persia's Avatar
Canada
47
Rep
2,390
Posts

 
Drives: 6MT E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
What?!??
+1 lol
Are you talking about the individual colors?
__________________

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 05:10 PM   #4
arter
collecting toys
arter's Avatar
8
Rep
780
Posts

 
Drives: M3 MCB
Join Date: May 2008
Location: rochester, ny

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8one88 View Post
does anyone know how many individuals per year per model bmw allows?
i
I don't think there is a target number, maximum, or anything, but they do change what colors they would allow each year. BMW does make extra money for Individual (and it probably doesn't cost them much to do it).
__________________
2011 e92 M3 Monte Carlo Blue ESS 535
2015 cayman GTS
2006 SLK 55 AMG
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 05:41 PM   #5
CarForHire
Major
CarForHire's Avatar
United_States
14
Rep
1,298
Posts

 
Drives: Slow in the left lane.
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NOVA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E90 328i  [0.00]
If I recall correctly, I remember it being two per model year for that specific color.
__________________
Race car driving is like sex...all men think they are good at it. - Jay Leno
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 06:31 PM   #6
mkoesel
Moderator
United_States
184
Rep
13,844
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 SO/CSAT F80 M3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canton, MI

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8one88 View Post
does anyone know how many {BMW} {I}ndividual {custom orders} per year per model bmw allows?
I doubt there is any limit. There may be some nebulous limit for a given color, but even that seems unlikely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarForHire View Post
If I recall correctly, I remember it being two per model year for that specific color.
I think we've already seen that exceeded with colors like Dakar and Monte Carlo.
__________________
A gen-u-ine BMW eff-eight-zero with them tandem clutches in the transmission and that dad gum sun roof on the top-a da cawr.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 07:03 PM   #7
Mr. ///M3 RD
Major General
Mr. ///M3 RD's Avatar
Canada
149
Rep
7,863
Posts

 
Drives: E350 & 280 SL on Weekends :)
Join Date: May 2010
Location: GTA, Ontario - Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
what was the question?
__________________
Cheers, Rolf-Dieter

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 07:07 PM   #8
esquire
Colonel
esquire's Avatar
United_States
58
Rep
2,801
Posts

 
Drives: 2011.5 Dakar Yellow M3 Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orange County, California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I doubt there is any limit. There may be some nebulous limit for a given color, but even that seems unlikely.



I think we've already seen that exceeded with colors like Dakar and Monte Carlo.

This is exactly right. There are no dispositive limitation in place regarding allocation of individual colors here in the US, at least none that are announced. there are already 4 orders for MCB in the US that I'm aware of, and the first one was delivered just 1.5 months ago, so the abstract 2/year figure is misplaced. Instead BMWs limitations seem to be more subjective than objective. If I had to offer an educated guess based on my many dealings with BMW Individual it would be that they operate on two factors 1) their operative concern is to prevent too many of a given color from becoming available, and 2) how befitting/attractive that color is to the model in question. These two factors are on a sliding scale in relation to one another.. or in other words, the more attractive the color, the more units they are willing to ship of that color to a given region in a given year, with less appealing colors being given more limited allocation. BMW will rotate certain colors in and other colors out from availability based on the above factors. Again, I have no hard science to substantiate that theory, but then I don't think BMW does either.
__________________

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 01:32 PM   #9
gr8one88
tru blu
United_States
10
Rep
215
Posts

 
Drives: 2005 Individual M3 ESTYblau
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Wheaton, Il

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
This is exactly right. There are no dispositive limitation in place regarding allocation of individual colors here in the US, at least none that are announced. there are already 4 orders for MCB in the US that I'm aware of, and the first one was delivered just 1.5 months ago, so the abstract 2/year figure is misplaced. Instead BMWs limitations seem to be more subjective than objective. If I had to offer an educated guess based on my many dealings with BMW Individual it would be that they operate on two factors 1) their operative concern is to prevent too many of a given color from becoming available, and 2) how befitting/attractive that color is to the model in question. These two factors are on a sliding scale in relation to one another.. or in other words, the more attractive the color, the more units they are willing to ship of that color to a given region in a given year, with less appealing colors being given more limited allocation. BMW will rotate certain colors in and other colors out from availability based on the above factors. Again, I have no hard science to substantiate that theory, but then I don't think BMW does either.


thanks ya it seems to be more now with the e9x but i thought it used to be pretty set as far as the total number allowed per year not color specific back with the e46 models
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 04:36 PM   #10
SchnellM3
Digger
SchnellM3's Avatar
United_States
56
Rep
2,616
Posts

 
Drives: 03 E46 M3, 09 E92 M3, 09 X6 50
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Pa

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
1 because they are all individual and each person is going to configure theirs differently
__________________
2009 E92 M3 /// Melbourne Red /// Fox Red /// M DKG

Full Innotech Exhaust - DINAN Intake - IND Engine Bay Appearance - IND Hand Stitched Boot Covers - and much more....
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
number of individuals

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:43 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST