BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing
 
European Auto Source
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-21-2011, 10:32 PM   #1
ryan970
Major
 
ryan970's Avatar
 
Drives: Tiag 328i,DGM F10 550
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Colorado

Posts: 1,303
iTrader: (0)

Crysis 2 or homefront

im thinking about getting either crysis 2 or homefront, so guys i need your help, which one should i get
__________________
08 TIAG 328i
13 DGM 550 x drive
ryan970 is offline   Hong Kong
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2011, 11:59 PM   #2
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
 
UltimateBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: MP4
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: South

Posts: 3,287
iTrader: (0)

Easily Crysis 2.
__________________
UltimateBMW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-22-2011, 12:43 AM   #3
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
 
DougLikesBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Plano, Texas

Posts: 2,659
iTrader: (0)

Wouldn't waste my money on either, but I'd probably pick Crysis.

If you're on PC just pirate it. Honestly, Crytek deserves it after fucking over the community who made them who they are.
DougLikesBMW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-22-2011, 04:29 PM   #4
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
 
UltimateBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: MP4
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: South

Posts: 3,287
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougLikesBMW View Post
Wouldn't waste my money on either, but I'd probably pick Crysis.

If you're on PC just pirate it. Honestly, Crytek deserves it after fucking over the community who made them who they are.
What are you talking about? Crytek released an early multiplayer demo because so many of their fans refused to play the early pirate that got leaked. Not to mention people then proceeded to cheat on the MP Demo. So what as Crytek done that we as gamer's should be so outraged about?

The only thing pirating a game like Crysis 2 does is ensure that we won't see any more high end games on the PC. Or any game save for an MMO. Which would be a shame since the PC is a much superior gaming interface than a console for the people with enough time, money, and/or competency.
__________________
UltimateBMW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-22-2011, 04:38 PM   #5
ragingclue
My interior is turrible
 
ragingclue's Avatar
 
Drives: stickferanaxle
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

Posts: 6,727
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
What are you talking about? Crytek released an early multiplayer demo because so many of their fans refused to play the early pirate that got leaked. Not to mention people then proceeded to cheat on the MP Demo. So what as Crytek done that we as gamer's should be so outraged about?

The only thing pirating a game like Crysis 2 does is ensure that we won't see any more high end games on the PC. Or any game save for an MMO. Which would be a shame since the PC is a much superior gaming interface than a console for the people with enough time, money, and/or competency.
+1
ragingclue is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-22-2011, 07:35 PM   #6
ryan970
Major
 
ryan970's Avatar
 
Drives: Tiag 328i,DGM F10 550
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Colorado

Posts: 1,303
iTrader: (0)

i bought crysis 2. multiplayer is amazing
__________________
08 TIAG 328i
13 DGM 550 x drive
ryan970 is offline   Hong Kong
0
Reply With Quote
      03-22-2011, 08:24 PM   #7
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
 
DougLikesBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Plano, Texas

Posts: 2,659
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
What are you talking about? Crytek released an early multiplayer demo because so many of their fans refused to play the early pirate that got leaked. Not to mention people then proceeded to cheat on the MP Demo. So what as Crytek done that we as gamer's should be so outraged about?

The only thing pirating a game like Crysis 2 does is ensure that we won't see any more high end games on the PC. Or any game save for an MMO. Which would be a shame since the PC is a much superior gaming interface than a console for the people with enough time, money, and/or competency.
Did you even play the demo? It is a console game.

Crysis 2 has been dumbed down for consoletards and it was designed with consoles in mind. (console game mechanics, console menus, console FoV, console aiming, no graphics options)

I mean it's just fucking disrespectful to the community who made them popular...the CEO claimed piracy and low sales on the PC version (bunch of fucking bullshit) and blamed PC gamers (they sold 3M+).

DICE knows what's up. Develop for the PC and then port to consoles, any other way is just fucking moronic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCGamer
" This game may look and play best on PC, but the cross-platform development has definitely had an impact. Specifically, it's disappointing to see that Crysis 2 makes some absolutely baffling technical omissions. The graphics settings menu offers just four areas to adjust: resolution, v-sync, HUD bobbing, and one of three pre-defined quality settings. Why can't I pick what level of anti-aliasing or shadow quality I want in PC gaming's most beautiful game? Quick-saving, too, is replaced by checkpoint autosaves; a developer console was also nowhere to be found."
Hell, DX11 isn't even implemented in the fucking PC version (which is god damned ridiculous for the company that gave us the graphics king since 2007) because Crytek was too busy designing for the fucking ancient shyte hardware that is in consoles.
DougLikesBMW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-22-2011, 10:18 PM   #8
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
 
UltimateBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: MP4
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: South

Posts: 3,287
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougLikesBMW View Post
Did you even play the demo? It is a console game.

Crysis 2 has been dumbed down for consoletards and it was designed with consoles in mind. (console game mechanics, console menus, console FoV, console aiming, no graphics options)
All this tells me is that it may already be too late then for the future of high quality of PC games. Plus, your argument was already used for MW2 and it unsuccessful then even with all the support it had from people boycotting the game.

Developers are in it to make money, it is a business. They aren't going to knowingly make a game just to lose money. All we can hope is that console piracy and hacking becomes more popular with the growth in the market, since thats really the only way to steer the industry back towards PC's.
__________________
UltimateBMW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-22-2011, 10:39 PM   #9
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
 
DougLikesBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Plano, Texas

Posts: 2,659
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
All this tells me is that it may already be too late then for the future of high quality of PC games. Plus, your argument was already used for MW2 and it unsuccessful then even with all the support it had from people boycotting the game.

Developers are in it to make money, it is a business. They aren't going to knowingly make a game just to lose money. All we can hope is that console piracy and hacking becomes more popular with the growth in the market, since thats really the only way to steer the industry back towards PC's.
lolwat. I never implied anything remotely close to this.

DICE will show developers how it's done with BF3... well and along with other great devs, Blizzard and Valve.
DougLikesBMW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2011, 08:11 AM   #10
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
 
UltimateBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: MP4
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: South

Posts: 3,287
iTrader: (0)

My comment about developers losing money wasn't a direct rebutle toward your argument, it was more a supporting statement towards mine.

Simple cause and effect covers it though. If the profits in the market has shifted to consoles, which for the most part it has since they are sick of their shit getting leaked, then developing for PC will diminish. And unfortunately Crytek has had a bad past with leaks and piracy, which is a shame because it had so much potential.
__________________
UltimateBMW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2011, 09:13 AM   #11
ragingclue
My interior is turrible
 
ragingclue's Avatar
 
Drives: stickferanaxle
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

Posts: 6,727
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
If the profits in the market has shifted to consoles, which for the most part it has since they are sick of their shit getting leaked, then developing for PC will diminish. And unfortunately Crytek has had a bad past with leaks and piracy, which is a shame because it had so much potential.
Yeah I understand their move, although I don't like it because I'm a PC guy before consoles for sure.

...and DICE will show us how to do a PC-first FPS, as they always do... Crytek decided to go a different direction, and I don't blame them. After all, cash rules everything around me....
ragingclue is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2011, 06:59 PM   #12
finagle69
Private
 
Drives: '08 X5 4.8i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sacramento, CA

Posts: 50
iTrader: (0)

Downloaded it today and is installing now. Can't wait to play it.
finagle69 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-25-2011, 01:03 AM   #13
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
 
DougLikesBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Plano, Texas

Posts: 2,659
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Yeah I understand their move, although I don't like it because I'm a PC guy before consoles for sure.

...and DICE will show us how to do a PC-first FPS, as they always do... Crytek decided to go a different direction, and I don't blame them. After all, cash rules everything around me....
Exactly.

It's unfortunate that the CEO is too fucking stupid to be in the position that he is in in Crytek.

The way they could have maximized their sales & maintained and grew their loyal fanbase for Crysis 2 was to develop for the PC as a lead platform and then ported to the 360 and PS3.

This is common sense and anyone with half a brain for business in general can see that. *I tip my hat to DICE*
DougLikesBMW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-26-2011, 08:41 PM   #14
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
 
UltimateBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: MP4
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: South

Posts: 3,287
iTrader: (0)

itt: DICE dick riding.

__________________
UltimateBMW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2011, 10:01 AM   #15
FStop7
I like cars
 
FStop7's Avatar
 
Drives: M6
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Newbury Park, CA

Posts: 5,059
iTrader: (3)

Crysis 2 is pretty rad
__________________
FStop7 is offline   Vatican City State
0
Reply With Quote
      03-28-2011, 05:57 PM   #16
Inzane
Lieutenant
 
Inzane's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 LCI 335i
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Edmonton, Alberta

Posts: 421
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougLikesBMW View Post
If you're on PC just pirate it.
Can we suspend members for making comments like that?

Piracy = THEFT
Inzane is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-28-2011, 08:47 PM   #17
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
 
UltimateBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: MP4
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: South

Posts: 3,287
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzane View Post
Can we suspend members for making comments like that?

Piracy = THEFT
I could care less about the Theft aspect. If the game is shit, the publisher doesn't deserve to make thousands+ because they rushed it out the door.

My only concern with piracy is keeping those that would otherwise create good games from doing so.
__________________
UltimateBMW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-28-2011, 09:39 PM   #18
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
 
DougLikesBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Plano, Texas

Posts: 2,659
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzane View Post
Can we suspend members for making comments like that?

Piracy = THEFT
rofl

pls go
DougLikesBMW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-29-2011, 11:45 PM   #19
Inzane
Lieutenant
 
Inzane's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 LCI 335i
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Edmonton, Alberta

Posts: 421
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougLikesBMW View Post
rofl

pls go
No. Please explain how you can condone piracy.

Just because a company makes a game that you deem not good enough doesn't mean they shouldn't be paid for it. What makes you think you have a right to take it for free?
Inzane is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-01-2011, 03:46 PM   #20
e92justin
LCpl
 
e92justin's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 328i coupe
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Hawaii

Posts: 193
iTrader: (0)

Crysis 2 hands down.
e92justin is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-01-2011, 05:57 PM   #21
FStop7
I like cars
 
FStop7's Avatar
 
Drives: M6
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Newbury Park, CA

Posts: 5,059
iTrader: (3)

i'm sorry but LOL @ people who have newer BMWs or VWs but are too busted to afford video games
__________________
FStop7 is offline   Vatican City State
0
Reply With Quote
      04-01-2011, 07:33 PM   #22
e92justin
LCpl
 
e92justin's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 328i coupe
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Hawaii

Posts: 193
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
i'm sorry but LOL @ people who have newer BMWs or VWs but are too busted to afford video games
...
e92justin is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:39 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST