BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

E92 Lighting

03-14-2011, 08:09 PM   #1
mike33176
Lieutenant

Drives: 09 Jerez/ Black, E90 M3

Send a message via ICQ to mike33176
3/13/11 Pics and slips from Racing the 1/4 at PBIR. ISF's all around, beat them all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
LC works great but....

Only if

1. There is not a long line of folks queueing up at the strip. If so your tranny will cool down and you will not be able to us LC - it will be disabled based on the temperature being too low.
2. You have great traction - not a problem at most strips.

What worked out best for me on street tires was to use the "pseudo LC mode" by simply mashing the gas way early in the lighting sequence so the revs have time to build and the car launches just at green. My other settings were Drivelogic in D5 and using DSC = MDM, EDC = comfort (to try to allow maximum weight transfer). Since using only street tires I found it best to do one quick burnout with DSC off then just stage up. The burnouts can give some terrible axle hop and I hate that feeling of beating on the car a bit when that happens. Using this technique I was able to get a sub 2 second 60' time, which on street tires I was quite happy with.
So, I didn't think I'd really get a rise out of 1/4 mile racing since I've done the Florida Mile but, I was wrong, what a blast! The Huge Crowd was cool to race in front of also, Huge Turnout. I had LC issues, the first 2 times I tried it, when it was banging off the limiter, the car was lurching forward and caused me to red light both times. I wish I woluld have seen the post quoted above because those turned out to be the best settings and procedures. I beat up on a few ISF's , a Civic turbo, a lexus sc400 turbo and a C5 vette convertable. I lost to a GTR, a ZO6 and a Cobra with a larger supercharger. I think if I can get the LC issues with the AA tune lowering the revs to 4300, I can get it into the high 11's. Here's my slips, remember, 1st time at the 1/4 mile ever.
BEST ET vs ISF

Best RT VS ISF

Versus the GTR with a mid pipe, look at his RT!

mike33176 is offline   United_States
      03-14-2011, 08:16 PM   #2
Daft
Captain

Drives: 2011 ZCP E92 M3 & 2003 E46 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [4.85]
2003 BMW M3  [5.00]
Nice times. All pretty consistant. Do you have DCT or manual, what other mods you got besides AA tune?

2011 M3 ZCP | ESS SUPERCHARGED | AKRAPOVIC EVOLUTION | 20" HRE P40 | BREMBO BBK | B&G SPRINGS
Daft is offline   Canada
      03-14-2011, 08:22 PM   #3
mike33176
Lieutenant

Drives: 09 Jerez/ Black, E90 M3

Send a message via ICQ to mike33176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft View Post
Nice times. All pretty consistant. Do you have DCT or manual, what other mods you got besides AA tune?
AA cat-back, HFC X-Pipe and tune. Times were very consistant, not happy with the launch though.
mike33176 is offline   United_States