BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos
 
BPM Sport
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-27-2011, 12:54 PM   #67
NYC6
Banned
 
Drives: '10 135i PPKI/06 C6 Z51 Vette
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: LI/NY

Posts: 2,078
iTrader: (0)

Since 1953 that 'kit car' has been Americas premire Sports Car. From that day to the present the Corvette has been a cherished icon and has taken many checkered flags in sanctioned races around the globe and has earned the respect of those in the know. Those who arent, make silly, immature comments.
NYC6 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-27-2011, 01:09 PM   #68
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: Turbo Festiva
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal

Posts: 1,721
iTrader: (2)

To all the haters out there. The Vette is a real sports car the M3 is not. Bang for the buck you can't beat it. My only (beef) with the car is that around here when you drive a Vette automatically people start associating you with drugs or any other shady activites.
__________________
Originally Posted by corneredbeast
An engine from a Z06 Corvette. A differential from a Vespa. Damn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severious View Post
Its because a lot of BMW owners are housewives or business professionals and know little about cars other than BMW's are a status symbol in their own circles so that have to have one. But exotic car owners know cars, that's why they are willing to spend for a killer car and they know something different when they see one.
mtla4 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-27-2011, 09:07 PM   #69
alms211
Banned
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: MD

Posts: 746
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxnix View Post
Best kit car GM ever made!
...and one that blows away that chick car that you drive IN EVERY CONCEIVABLE way (looks, performance, balls, et al)
alms211 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-27-2011, 10:35 PM   #70
NYCMCBM3
Colonel
 
NYCMCBM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 MCB E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: South Ozone Park,NY

Posts: 2,717
iTrader: (13)

great car bro congratsz!
__________________
2012 MCB///M3
NYCMCBM3 is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      02-28-2011, 02:31 PM   #71
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
 
OBI_agent's Avatar
 
Drives: ABS,American bargain supercar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dubai

Posts: 2,094
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre01SS View Post
It was a fun ride, yeah. I had it cammed out, dumped true-duals, 315s out the back. Sold it to get the Z06.

The Vette was raw as well, but I sold it because I was so busy at the time, I really wasn't getting to enjoy the car, and wanted to get back into road-racing (motorcycle). The Vette became a SUV & Streetbike.

Later on, sold the SUV and got the 335. Kept it for a little over a year, but sold it because of a business I'm starting right now.

The 335 had all the bells and whistles, and it was easier to push than the Vette. On the other hand, the Z06 was just raw power/performance, and in the end, more fun overall - I miss the Z more than any of them.

You're in good hands with the C6
315s at the back...now I need some of that...lol...even this basic C6 is so powerful that I lose control..GOD, this car is insane.

ZO6 is and will remain ....I love the raw crackling exhaust note of the 7.0 V8....pure awesomeness ..lol.

Man, good luck with the business ....I hope everything goes well for you.
__________________
11 corvette C6
OBI_agent is offline   United Arab Emirates
0
Reply With Quote
      02-28-2011, 02:38 PM   #72
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
 
OBI_agent's Avatar
 
Drives: ABS,American bargain supercar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dubai

Posts: 2,094
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxnix View Post
Best kit car GM ever made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC6 View Post
Since 1953 that 'kit car' has been Americas premire Sports Car. From that day to the present the Corvette has been a cherished icon and has taken many checkered flags in sanctioned races around the globe and has earned the respect of those in the know. Those who arent,
make silly, immature comments.
Did he mean it in a offensive way..?? Anyway, F**K that...I don't care.For this sort of money, CORVETTE is the best car I could ever buy. I'm really loving it


Quote:
Originally Posted by mtla4 View Post
To all the haters out there. The Vette is a real sports car the M3 is not. Bang for the buck you can't beat it. My only (beef) with the car is that around here when you drive a Vette automatically people start associating you with drugs or any other shady activites.
Lol....so I'm a gangster ..lol. Good one.



Quote:
Originally Posted by NycE93M3 View Post
great car bro congratsz!
It feels nice that a M3 owner appreciates a Corvette. Thanks man
__________________
11 corvette C6
OBI_agent is offline   United Arab Emirates
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2011, 10:17 PM   #73
TheRox
Colonel
 
TheRox's Avatar
 
Drives: 6mt
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Here and there

Posts: 2,312
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augenbrauezug View Post
You open this thread with "So I bought a 11' covette!", and include, "But he spotted the Corvette and wanted to get it for me."

Nice car, but forgive me for being mislead.
in some cultures, dad buying and you owning is the same thing

no differentiation


i once saw someone on this website who said they sold their bmw to their parents...who the hell does that?
TheRox is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2011, 10:52 PM   #74
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: Turbo Festiva
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal

Posts: 1,721
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBI_agent View Post



Lol....so I'm a gangster ..lol. Good one.




Well put it this way...even a lowly 128I puts you in the baller category in Quebec. 50% of the cars here are compacts Mazda 3,corolla etc. When you see a nice car especially vettes you look shady.
__________________
Originally Posted by corneredbeast
An engine from a Z06 Corvette. A differential from a Vespa. Damn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severious View Post
Its because a lot of BMW owners are housewives or business professionals and know little about cars other than BMW's are a status symbol in their own circles so that have to have one. But exotic car owners know cars, that's why they are willing to spend for a killer car and they know something different when they see one.
mtla4 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2011, 10:53 PM   #75
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: Turbo Festiva
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal

Posts: 1,721
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRox View Post

i once saw someone on this website who said they sold their bmw to their parents...who the hell does that?

I would, I'm not balling enough to giveaway cars..I need my trade in value. Well you can always sell it cheaper then to a stranger but giving it away not a lot of guys can do that around here.
__________________
Originally Posted by corneredbeast
An engine from a Z06 Corvette. A differential from a Vespa. Damn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severious View Post
Its because a lot of BMW owners are housewives or business professionals and know little about cars other than BMW's are a status symbol in their own circles so that have to have one. But exotic car owners know cars, that's why they are willing to spend for a killer car and they know something different when they see one.
mtla4 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2011, 11:20 PM   #76
NYC6
Banned
 
Drives: '10 135i PPKI/06 C6 Z51 Vette
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: LI/NY

Posts: 2,078
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxnix View Post
How soon we forget about the Shelby Cobra which actually beat Ferrari, the Ford GT and GT 40, not to mention a smattering of others in limited production.

Sorry, but the fiberglass phallus doesn't cause me to bow down.

Transverse leaf springs? Puuuuhhhhleeeeze!

Since 1953 the Corvette has been in production non stop(except one year). The Cobra was a couple year flash in the pan, the GT the same but even shorter production run and the GT 40 which was a dedicated track car with less than 10 street legal detuned versions. As good as they were, all gone, short lived limited production vehicles. Corvettes have taken more checkered flags than all of them together, and still doing so and it will continue. America's Sports Car.

Funny how some love to point out the leaf springs on the Vette yet drive cars who cant keep up with one when the road starts to turn. Your 135 would be left smoking in a tire barrier trying to turn like a C6 on a track. Forget about the straights all together! You might as well keep it parked. Puuuuhhhhleeeeze! that!

Often times fear and jealousy comes across as hatred and disdain. Thats you.

Last edited by NYC6; 03-02-2011 at 11:40 PM.
NYC6 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-03-2011, 02:31 AM   #77
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
 
OBI_agent's Avatar
 
Drives: ABS,American bargain supercar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dubai

Posts: 2,094
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtla4 View Post
Well put it this way...even a lowly 128I puts you in the baller category in Quebec. 50% of the cars here are compacts Mazda 3,corolla etc. When you see a nice car especially vettes you look shady.
Hmm, I dunno what to say but aren't people aware of what corvette are priced at? Its not like its a 100k car.
Anyway, there are loads of corvettes around here so its ok to own a Corvette in Dubai. I'm more of a commoner





Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRox View Post
in some cultures, dad buying and you owning is the same thing

no differentiation


i once saw someone on this website who said they sold their bmw to their parents...who the hell does that?
Might I add, a little more attention to the thread will give all the answers you seek

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtla4 View Post
I would, I'm not balling enough to giveaway cars..I need my trade in value. Well you can always sell it cheaper then to a stranger but giving it away not a lot of guys can do that around here.
This.
__________________
11 corvette C6

Last edited by OBI_agent; 03-08-2011 at 04:02 AM.
OBI_agent is offline   United Arab Emirates
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST