BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-02-2011, 03:27 PM   #23
MONSTER11
Private First Class
 
Drives: '11 Mustang 5.0
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: HOUSTON, TEXAS

Posts: 196
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADV.1 Matt View Post
Are you liking it better than the e90 still?
Yeah, I like it better than the e90 but not sure about the e92... I really like my e92 but the engine and the sound of the 5.0 is amazing and the interior and technology that the new mustangs have is awesome. I still get to drive my e92 on the weekends so it wasn't a hard decision like it would have been if I was trading in my e92 instead of the e90.
MONSTER11 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2011, 03:30 PM   #24
MONSTER11
Private First Class
 
Drives: '11 Mustang 5.0
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: HOUSTON, TEXAS

Posts: 196
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jred22 View Post
328 = Mustang Killer
MONSTER11 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2011, 03:42 PM   #25
ragingclue
One cam is enough
 
ragingclue's Avatar
 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

Posts: 6,761
iTrader: (1)

Did you look into adding the FRPP suspension in at purchase? If you take delivery with those parts on (there's both a 1" and 1.5" kit), or if your dealer installs it once the parts come in (dealer-dependent), you'll be covered on those parts for 3/36k or whatever it is. IMO better than risking warranty hassle if you put aftermarket suspension on yourself.

Grats on the purchase though. Thinking about a Black or White one myself. But just noticed today that the 302 is on the online configurator.... Hmmm....
ragingclue is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2011, 03:48 PM   #26
Year's_End
RWD only.
 
Year's_End's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Pete, FL

Posts: 12,199
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peteypab2133 View Post
nice purchase!!! I hear the new stangs have interior that rival the best for $30,000....
The 5.0 is amazing in so many ways, but its interior is merely passable. It's not bad, but there's nothing special about the fitment or material quality. The best interior you can get for the 30k price range is a VW GTI's imo. That's head and shoulders above everything.
__________________
E92 335i: Space Grey|Coral Red|Aluminum Trim

Future Ride: 2015 Mustang GT Premium |Guard|401A|PP|Recaros|6MT
Year's_End is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2011, 04:53 PM   #27
MONSTER11
Private First Class
 
Drives: '11 Mustang 5.0
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: HOUSTON, TEXAS

Posts: 196
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Did you look into adding the FRPP suspension in at purchase? If you take delivery with those parts on (there's both a 1" and 1.5" kit), or if your dealer installs it once the parts come in (dealer-dependent), you'll be covered on those parts for 3/36k or whatever it is. IMO better than risking warranty hassle if you put aftermarket suspension on yourself.

Grats on the purchase though. Thinking about a Black or White one myself. But just noticed today that the 302 is on the online configurator.... Hmmm....
I bought it with 5k miles on it so I didn't have a choice with any options(it has brembo brakes, leather, 19" inch wheels, so it has most options except for navi and the suspension upgrade you speak of)... I got for $25k though, the window sticker new was at $36k so I think I got a pretty good deal.
MONSTER11 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2011, 05:03 PM   #28
ragingclue
One cam is enough
 
ragingclue's Avatar
 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

Posts: 6,761
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER11 View Post
I bought it with 5k miles on it so I didn't have a choice with any options(it has brembo brakes, leather, 19" inch wheels, so it has most options except for navi and the suspension upgrade you speak of)... I got for $25k though, the window sticker new was at $36k so I think I got a pretty good deal.
Wow yeah that is a good deal.
ragingclue is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2011, 07:39 PM   #29
Digital.James
Colonel
 
Digital.James's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NC

Posts: 2,609
iTrader: (7)

horrible downgrade imo, but i guess as long as you like it
Digital.James is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2011, 07:45 PM   #30
shockin330i
Brigadier General
 
Drives: blue
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: f y'all, I'm from Texas (RGV)

Posts: 4,191
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital.James View Post
horrible downgrade imo, but i guess as long as you like it
Why is that?

The new Mustang keeps up with the e9x m3 around the track. Gets pretty good gas mileage
I happen to like the interior as well...


My poor e90 creaks so bad when it flexes
__________________
ERnie 2011 AW/e90/n55 12.9@107.53mph
*N55 Moderator*
I'm crawling similar to a ant cuz I'm low to the earth
shockin330i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2011, 08:01 PM   #31
Year's_End
RWD only.
 
Year's_End's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Pete, FL

Posts: 12,199
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital.James View Post
horrible downgrade imo, but i guess as long as you like it
Have you driven a Mustang with the windows down on a sunny afternoon? I'd rather have a 5.0 to cruise around with than my 335i just to hear that exhaust.
__________________
E92 335i: Space Grey|Coral Red|Aluminum Trim

Future Ride: 2015 Mustang GT Premium |Guard|401A|PP|Recaros|6MT
Year's_End is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2011, 08:28 PM   #32
ragingclue
One cam is enough
 
ragingclue's Avatar
 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

Posts: 6,761
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital.James View Post
horrible downgrade imo, but i guess as long as you like it
How exactly is it a downgrade?
ragingclue is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2011, 09:10 PM   #33
Cdnrockies
Banned
 
Drives: BMW's
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Calgary

Posts: 1,113
iTrader: (0)

Ignore the clueless fanboi suggesting a downgrade.

Congrats on the pick up.

They're fun cars that are an amazing bang for the buck.

I'll agree with a few of the earlier posters that the interior is a great improvement....but still not what you would ever call luxurious. The stitching is nice, I liked the Sync, the leather was decent. However, that being said I found the seats to have very little support, especially in the bolsters and I personally wasn't a fan on the plasticky retro gauges.

I spent 3 days in one as a rental and enjoyed it immensely. You've got a car that has some great performance attributes. You can smirk at those of us that paid $30K more for our "luxury" performance cars when you're nipping at our heels.
Cdnrockies is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2011, 09:38 PM   #34
Chenry135
First Lieutenant
 
Chenry135's Avatar
 
Drives: former 2008 135i/ 2006 STI
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Atlanta, Ga

Posts: 304
iTrader: (0)

It wouldn't matter if the next mustang was better than a Veyron, some people will never give it the credit it deserves because of preconceived notions... I have arguments with people every day defending the Mustang. Hell, I even argue with people a lot about whether my Vette is a "worthy" sports-car.
Chenry135 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2011, 09:44 PM   #35
Digital.James
Colonel
 
Digital.James's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NC

Posts: 2,609
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenry135 View Post
It wouldn't matter if the next mustang was better than a Veyron, some people will never give it the credit it deserves because of preconceived notions... I have arguments with people every day defending the Mustang. Hell, I even argue with people a lot about whether my Vette is a "worthy" sports-car.
The Vette is a worthy car because it can back up numbers without the aid of American car magazines inflating their performance
Digital.James is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2011, 10:05 PM   #36
Inspired
Colonel
 
Inspired's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: California

Posts: 2,251
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital.James View Post
Fanboi? Lol like omgosh are you like a 12 year old girl?

It's downgrade because it's a Mustang. Mustang's are always overrated and slow. If you think Car and Driver has any credibility with their track numbers, you deserve that Mustang.

EDIT: Haha I just noticed you own an IS-F. The Mustang is perfect for you...
You seriously have no idea what you are talking about.. Mustang overrated and slow? Here are some real life numbers.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Ford-Mustan...lip-21072.html

Bone stock 5.0 that run 12.7 in the quarter mile.
Inspired is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2011, 10:17 PM   #37
powertrip
Scared money don't make money.
 
powertrip's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Irvine, CA

Posts: 1,458
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [0.00]
Get a 91 octane Lund tune on that beast and report back .
__________________
2009 E92 M3/DCT/Alpine White/Fox Red/Carbon Leather
OE Tuned 402 whp & 303 wtq/Gintani X-pipe/MXP Axle Back/Rogue Pulley/AFE Stage 2/Cosmetics By IND & EAS
HUGE THANKS: Gintani, OE Tuning, and EAS
powertrip is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2011, 10:42 PM   #38
Year's_End
RWD only.
 
Year's_End's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Pete, FL

Posts: 12,199
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital.James View Post
Fanboi? Lol like omgosh are you like a 12 year old girl?

It's downgrade because it's a Mustang. Mustang's are always overrated and slow. If you think Car and Driver has any credibility with their track numbers, you deserve that Mustang.

EDIT: Haha I just noticed you own an IS-F. The Mustang is perfect for you...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital.James View Post
The Vette is a worthy car because it can back up numbers without the aid of American car magazines inflating their performance
No offense but you sound like some kind of retard.

Insideline, whose numbers are typically slower across the board, regardless of a brand's nationality, scored amazing numbers at the track with the 5.0.

0-60: 4.8s (4.5s w/ rollout)
1/4: 13.0s @ 110.6mph
60-0: 109ft
Slalom: 67.3mph
Skidpad: .91g

Forget C&D. Just look at every magazine that's recorded their own independent tests. Motor Trend has video proof of a 5.0 sticking with an M3 within one-tenth of a second on a balanced track (not power-biased).

You're getting M3 performance with a completely livable interior for less than $40,000. I'd be more than happy to trade my 335i for a 5.0 if I knew gas prices aren't going to soar and insurance rates would spike.
__________________
E92 335i: Space Grey|Coral Red|Aluminum Trim

Future Ride: 2015 Mustang GT Premium |Guard|401A|PP|Recaros|6MT
Year's_End is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2011, 10:53 PM   #39
GregTheStig
derp
 
GregTheStig's Avatar
 
Drives: a Tuk Tuk
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA

Posts: 1,202
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Congrats! I absolutely love the new 'Stangs. Enjoy the f*ck out of her!


And yes, the new Mustang 5.0 means business and it's very fast for a car just over $30,000.
__________________
GregTheStig is offline   Armenia
0
Reply With Quote
      03-03-2011, 06:26 AM   #40
ibeclueless
What
 
ibeclueless's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 328xi
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Quincy, MA

Posts: 9,334
iTrader: (1)

nice car
__________________
E92 328xi Space Gray
Aero Lip | M3 Side Skirts | CF Performance Spoiler | ACS Roof | Gloss Black Grilles | LUX H8 Angels | BMW Performance Exhaust

My E92 Photos
ibeclueless is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-03-2011, 07:33 AM   #41
Digital.James
Colonel
 
Digital.James's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NC

Posts: 2,609
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkahtropolis View Post
No offense but you sound like some kind of retard.

Insideline, whose numbers are typically slower across the board, regardless of a brand's nationality, scored amazing numbers at the track with the 5.0.

0-60: 4.8s (4.5s w/ rollout)
1/4: 13.0s @ 110.6mph
60-0: 109ft
Slalom: 67.3mph
Skidpad: .91g

Forget C&D. Just look at every magazine that's recorded their own independent tests. Motor Trend has video proof of a 5.0 sticking with an M3 within one-tenth of a second on a balanced track (not power-biased).

You're getting M3 performance with a completely livable interior for less than $40,000. I'd be more than happy to trade my 335i for a 5.0 if I knew gas prices aren't going to soar and insurance rates would spike.
offense taken. you can fool yourself and think that 13.0 @ 110mph is fast for a car that makes 412 horsepower and 395 ft/lbs, but its not. especially considering it is a car has a solid rear end that is optimized for drag racing, unlike other cars. its the same reason why a GT500 that makes 552 horsepower loses to a car like Z06. Anyone in the know, knows that Mustangs are just dyno queens that are overrated when it comes to real life performance. add into that the shitty gas mileage, shitty build quality, shitty resale value and shitty interior. well shit. you sound like some kind of retard for wanting a car like that. me i'll pay more for something a bit nicer.


Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo335
You seriously have no idea what you are talking about.. Mustang overrated and slow? Here are some real life numbers.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Ford-Mustan...lip-21072.html

Bone stock 5.0 that run 12.7 in the quarter mile.
Haha you think that because someone posted on dragtimes its fact? if you believe that, then the mustang is a perfect car for you you're just another fool who buys into the motortrend and car and driver hype. they rate cars higher on subjective data.
Digital.James is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-03-2011, 07:45 AM   #42
MONSTER11
Private First Class
 
Drives: '11 Mustang 5.0
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: HOUSTON, TEXAS

Posts: 196
iTrader: (1)

Thanks for the compliments guys. I have never really cared for mustangs (except for the 03-04 Cobra) because they have always seemed kind of cheap but they really stepped it up with the 2011... As soon as I drove it, I fell in love and now that I have Flowmasters (full exhaust will come later) on it I love everytime I crank it up. I still have an e92 335i with a JB+, drop, wheels, etc. in my garage that my wife now drives so I still get to drive that on the weekends... Last night I was driving our e92 and I forgot how quick that thing is, so now I'm going to have to take it out and have a race between the 2 just to see how close the 335 stays to the 5.0.
MONSTER11 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-03-2011, 07:55 AM   #43
MONSTER11
Private First Class
 
Drives: '11 Mustang 5.0
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: HOUSTON, TEXAS

Posts: 196
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital.James View Post
offense taken. you can fool yourself and think that 13.0 @ 110mph is fast for a car that makes 412 horsepower and 395 ft/lbs, but its not. especially considering it is a car has a solid rear end that is optimized for drag racing, unlike other cars. its the same reason why a GT500 that makes 552 horsepower loses to a car like Z06. Anyone in the know, knows that Mustangs are just dyno queens that are overrated when it comes to real life performance. add into that the shitty gas mileage, shitty build quality, shitty resale value and shitty interior. well shit. you sound like some kind of retard for wanting a car like that. me i'll pay more for something a bit nicer.




Haha you think that because someone posted on dragtimes its fact? if you believe that, then the mustang is a perfect car for you you're just another fool who buys into the motortrend and car and driver hype. they rate cars higher on subjective data.
It sounds like someone might be a little angry/jealous because you probably can't afford a new 5.0. It seems like you are taking it personally that a lot of these guys have a different opinion about the 5.0 than you do. The funny thing is that there is proof that the new 5.0's are faster and better than you say but you just dismiss it by saying, "well that just can't be true because I say so".

You = then now (because you realized that I'm right)
MONSTER11 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-03-2011, 09:22 AM   #44
ragingclue
One cam is enough
 
ragingclue's Avatar
 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

Posts: 6,761
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital.James View Post
offense taken. you can fool yourself and think that 13.0 @ 110mph is fast for a car that makes 412 horsepower and 395 ft/lbs, but its not. especially considering it is a car has a solid rear end that is optimized for drag racing, unlike other cars. its the same reason why a GT500 that makes 552 horsepower loses to a car like Z06. Anyone in the know, knows that Mustangs are just dyno queens that are overrated when it comes to real life performance. add into that the shitty gas mileage, shitty build quality, shitty resale value and shitty interior. well shit. you sound like some kind of retard for wanting a car like that. me i'll pay more for something a bit nicer.


Funny how you say "anyone in the know" and then follow it with fallacies.

Look up the reliability and initial quality ratings (not so shitty build quality, eh?). Look up the residual values (rut-roh looks like the GT is above not only the vanilla 3er, but the M3 as well). Check out the observed MPG on the 5.0 and compare that to other 400+ HP V8 cars. See the unbiased reviews and track comparisons by people who do that stuff for a living....

You don't sound like anyone "in the know" at all. The only thing I see in there that is even remotely creditable is your subjective opinion of the interior. Some love it, some hate it, but in the end it's just an opinion. The rest of your tirade is refutable by statistics, facts, and objective tests by professionals.

Also, the comparison of the GT500 vs the Z06 didn't yield a surprising result whatsoever. There's more to a drag race than just what sort of peak HP numbers the car provides. Anyone who expected the GT500 to win obviously doesn't know that. The Z06 should win, and it's absolutely no surprise that it does. There is no "mystery shittiness resulting in subpar real life performance" that netted those results.

Also, the LRA seems to be a big sticking point for a lot of people, and I'll admit it does have its drawbacks.... But at least they include an LSD. Kinda an odd choice for a "rear end that is optimized for drag racing" eh?

Why you getting so mad bro? You don't even have a dog in this fight; you're just gonna come in here and spout ignorant nonsense to shit on OP's thread? Cool shit man. Way to be a douche.

Last edited by ragingclue; 03-03-2011 at 09:28 AM.
ragingclue is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST