BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

BPM Sport

02-23-2011, 07:17 PM   #1
jimmy ny
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2011 bmw m3

Another oil change story

Habberstat BMW in Huntington cant even change oil. Car was delivered back to me unwashed, engine full of hand prints and grime. I check the oil guage and sure enough down oil. I know from the forums that you can only add a little at a time. So i added twice and will check tomorrow and hopefully it will be at max. 125 for oil 35 for filter and 50 labor needless to say i emailed service and want an explanation from service manager and a quart of oil that i did pay for. Lucky for me i bought 3 quarts just in case of usage. Not for this. Now i know why i didnt purchase car from them. I also had some Dinan stuff done while i was there. Very disappointed to say the least.
      02-23-2011, 10:04 PM   #2
1sikbmr
Brigadier General

Drives: E90 M3 6MT

look at it this way if their service was so bad to begin with imagine them washing your car? consider yourself lucky

E90 ///M3 6MT Atlantis Blue - Fox red
ESS VT1-550|Gloss black grilles/Gold gills|V1 hardwire|Filled reflectors|ZHP lighted shift knob|Volk TE37 Gloss Black|Mode Carbon GT4 Lip|Umnitza V4 full blackout kit|Agency Power exhaust|Sosi x-pipe|BMW Performance Steering Wheel V1|
      02-23-2011, 10:14 PM   #3
emthreeboy
Captain

Drives: E92 M3 & E46 M3

That sucks!

Little advice, I wouldn't add oil till max-level. You would want the metre to be 80% green. If you accidently add more then ''MAX'', you might end up damage the sealed engine gaskets and you don't want that.

-06 E46 JET BLACK/// m3 6MT!
      02-24-2011, 11:22 AM   #4
Sal@AUTOcouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: Techno Violet ESS M3

Send a message via AIM to Sal@AUTOcouture
That's unfortunate when your own local dealership can't even properly do the simplest tast.

We can handle your future needs if you'd like
      02-24-2011, 11:47 AM   #5
JDy80
Captain

Drives: 2010 E90 M3

Send a message via AIM to JDy80
I've had my fair share of stories at Habberstad Huntingon. Try taking it to their Bayshore location. I've had a much better experience there with their service dept. The space is way bigger and they've done pretty well for me so far. The guys that drive the car from the service bay actually take the time to inspect the car and are pretty careful with it. The Huntington guys tend to drive them off pretty aggressively. BTW, why did you pay for the oil service? Were you doing it between intervals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sikbmr View Post
look at it this way if their service was so bad to begin with imagine them washing your car? consider yourself lucky
I can attest to their wash not being so great either. They didn't scratch it, but Stevie Wonder could see the spots they missed.

2003 Cobra -> 2010 BMW e90 M3 - Space Grey - Black on Carbon Leather Int. - BRILLIANT CAR!!

Last edited by JDy80; 02-24-2011 at 12:02 PM.
JDy80 is offline   China
      02-24-2011, 12:32 PM   #6
jimmy ny
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2011 bmw m3

Yes this was in between service. I also had the Dinan pulley installed and Dinan stage 1 ecu tune. I already had their intake and I have a Borla touring exhaust and the AA HFC x pipe. Just wanted to get away from other vendors products that i had installed in the car and wanted to start with fresh oil after this freezing NY winter. I had oil done at 1200 service obviously and now at 3000 miles. The oil is at the max line now that i topped it off. Before the graph was always above that pegged to the top. But now people are saying not to fill it up that high. I dont want to overfill it and spill it everywhere. What pisses me of even worse is that emailed dealer and no reply or call back from service. NO PROBLEM. Just got the service survey and they are going to get all ZEROS. Sorry.

Last edited by jimmy ny; 02-24-2011 at 12:33 PM. Reason: misspelling
      03-01-2011, 06:04 PM   #7
SchnellM3
Digger

Drives: 03 E46 M3, 09 E92 M3, 09 X6 50

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sikbmr View Post
^ This. I can't stand when dealers touch my car with their "detail" guys. I've seen them using the same dam bucket on several cars and just keep adding water to it. I cannot stand crappy service I take my cars out of the way to good dealers who treat them well, I also put plastic wrap on anything that they can touch. That's the one nice thing about where my Mercedes goes is that where you drop the car off the first thing they do is put seat covers on and cover the interior.

Full Innotech Exhaust - DINAN Intake - IND Engine Bay Appearance - IND Hand Stitched Boot Covers - and much more....
SchnellM3 is offline   United_States
      03-02-2011, 10:17 AM   #8
Hawk Lax
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2008 M3 AW Coupe

The first thing I always tell my SA at the dealer is not to wash the car!!!
      03-02-2011, 10:41 AM   #9
Kyoshi71
Colonel

Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe

I was just at Habberstad and explained to then 10 times to be careful because every one of my cars has, in the past, been damaged at the dealer. As they were telling me that those kind of things "Never happen here," They rolled a new 7 series in with the front bumper split and hanging off because of the shitheads hired to move cars.

The guy even went so far as to tell me that the damage would "polish out." I laughed in his face.

2010 E92 M3|Silverstone II|M-DCT|NCSW|2MT|ZCW|ZPP|ZTP|302|507|Gas Guzzler Tax
      03-02-2011, 12:51 PM   #10
///Matthew
Major

Drives: 2013 M3, 1999 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk Lax View Post
The first thing I always tell my SA at the dealer is not to wash the car!!!
I told my CA that if they washed my car or drilled the front bumper I would come back and cut their hands off.

2013 Santorini Blue M3
1999 Estoril Blue M3
mfatuation.com
      03-02-2011, 04:58 PM   #11
JDy80
Captain

Drives: 2010 E90 M3

Send a message via AIM to JDy80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoshi71 View Post
I was just at Habberstad and explained to then 10 times to be careful because every one of my cars has, in the past, been damaged at the dealer. As they were telling me that those kind of things "Never happen here," They rolled a new 7 series in with the front bumper split and hanging off because of the shitheads hired to move cars.

The guy even went so far as to tell me that the damage would "polish out." I laughed in his face.
They do have some f*cktards driving the cars at Huntington. I had gone in to have my headlight checked cause the sensor kept going off that it broke, but the headlight was still working. They replaced it and still had the message go off. I called the service guy and I asked him how could it still be giving me the message when they replaced it already. he said maybe they had dropped the bulb prior to installing it. So he basically said they have incompetent people working there who put possible broken parts into the car. My ecu also had failed a week after my first maitnenance there and they blamed it on a loose connection from the factory. Not really inclined to believe them anymore. Don't know why the Bayshore location is so different in attitude. Having several chesty ital' desk girls helps the wait time too.

2003 Cobra -> 2010 BMW e90 M3 - Space Grey - Black on Carbon Leather Int. - BRILLIANT CAR!!
JDy80 is offline   China
      03-02-2011, 05:44 PM   #12
Kyoshi71
Colonel

Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDy80 View Post
Having several chesty ital' desk girls helps the wait time too.
It does seem to help the wait, huh?
So long as the perfume doesnt gag you and they dont snap their gum into the phone.

2010 E92 M3|Silverstone II|M-DCT|NCSW|2MT|ZCW|ZPP|ZTP|302|507|Gas Guzzler Tax