BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

MaxcySpeed & Company

02-23-2011, 08:10 AM   #23
CalgaryX3
Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 E90 335i / 2011 E90 M3

Just an update. I received this email from my SA which clarifies that Canadian non-Mdrive equipped cars do not come with the M-button:

"Other than saving the settings and having a pre-set on the steering wheel, you only miss M Dynamic Mode and “Sport” servotronic. You get full DSC on or DSC off.

Without M Drive, there is no M Drive button. Only the US cars get the M Drive button without M Drive (but they traded off deleting electric seats without a price decrease to get the M Drive button). M Drive Button gives you all of the settings that comes with M Drive, except for the screen display. I have yet to use it myself, so I’m not certain as to how you set/scroll through the driver desired pre-sets. But it doesn’t apply to Canadian cars anyways."

This email is in reference to a MT equipped car.

That being said, I finally bit the bullet and put down a deposit for a '11 E90 slated for April production. Rumour has it that May might be the last month for Canadian E90 M3 production, with the US cars continuing for a month or two after May before winding down as well.

Can't wait for the new M-a car I've lusted over since my youth

Thanks for all your help/advice fellas.

Asif
CalgaryX3 is offline   Canada
      02-23-2011, 11:43 AM   #24
Chowster
E60_to_E90

Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryX3 View Post
Just an update. I received this email from my SA which clarifies that Canadian non-Mdrive equipped cars do not come with the M-button:

"Other than saving the settings and having a pre-set on the steering wheel, you only miss M Dynamic Mode and “Sport” servotronic. You get full DSC on or DSC off.

Without M Drive, there is no M Drive button. Only the US cars get the M Drive button without M Drive (but they traded off deleting electric seats without a price decrease to get the M Drive button). M Drive Button gives you all of the settings that comes with M Drive, except for the screen display. I have yet to use it myself, so I’m not certain as to how you set/scroll through the driver desired pre-sets. But it doesn’t apply to Canadian cars anyways."

This email is in reference to a MT equipped car.

That being said, I finally bit the bullet and put down a deposit for a '11 E90 slated for April production. Rumour has it that May might be the last month for Canadian E90 M3 production, with the US cars continuing for a month or two after May before winding down as well.

Can't wait for the new M-a car I've lusted over since my youth

Thanks for all your help/advice fellas.

Asif
^^^Wow... May/Jun/Jul is quite a bit earlier than the late 2011 previously suggested by others in different threads. I hope others waiting for an E90 M3 don't wait too long to pull the trigger.

Congratulations on the order Asif! You're going to love it. What are your final order specs?
Chowster is offline   Canada
      02-23-2011, 02:20 PM   #25
CalgaryX3
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowster View Post
^^^Wow... May/Jun/Jul is quite a bit earlier than the late 2011 previously suggested by others in different threads. I hope others waiting for an E90 M3 don't wait too long to pull the trigger.

Congratulations on the order Asif! You're going to love it. What are your final order specs?
As you know, I was humming and hawwing for a few weeks before ordering. During that time, I learned that another customer had also ordered an E90 M3, however it had taken BMW Canada two weeks to accept the order. Again, according to the dealer (unknown reliability) there are no more allocations for M3 sedans in Canada, only coupes and cabrios. Each sedan order is judged on it's own merit as to whether or not it will be filled as production draws to a close. You are right; those considering the sedan will need to act quickly for fear of disappointment.

As for my final specs:

'11 E90 M3
Alpine white on FR (non extended for subjective reasons)
Carbon Leather trim
Manual Transmision (again due to personal preference)
Executive Package
M-Drive
19" wheels

Can't wait!

Asif
      02-24-2011, 10:24 AM   #26
ns2000x
Converted

Drives: '11 E90 M3

Quote:
Quote:

As you know, I was humming and hawwing for a few weeks before ordering. During that time, I learned that another customer had also ordered an E90 M3, however it had taken BMW Canada two weeks to accept the order. Again, according to the dealer (unknown reliability) there are no more allocations for M3 sedans in Canada, only coupes and cabrios. Each sedan order is judged on it's own merit as to whether or not it will be filled as production draws to a close. You are right; those considering the sedan will need to act quickly for fear of disappointment.

As for my final specs:

'11 E90 M3
Alpine white on FR (non extended for subjective reasons)
Carbon Leather trim
Manual Transmision (again due to personal preference)
Executive Package
M-Drive
19" wheels

Can't wait!

Asif
Excellent Asif!

Seems that a few Canadian E90's have been ordered recently. I'm about 2.5 weeks from European Delivery of mine.

Not sure if my car is a Feb or March build. I'm curious if in Canada we will get the BMW apps update as we get all the smart phone stuff as part of the basic build.

'11 BMW M3 E90 Jerez - Fox
ns2000x is offline   Canada
      02-24-2011, 01:02 PM   #27
horsie

Drives: '11 M3 Sedan

Hi OP:

My '11 E90 M3 ZCP was ordered in October 2010 for November production, took delivery January 10. I did not order the MDrive as I prefer the one-hump look and mine does not have the M button. Don't miss it, as all I'm missing is the Sport Plus throttle, MDM and Sport servotronic steering adjustments. I can live with this. This car is all about the ENGINE. But as others have commented, the iDrive and Mdrive options are worth considering. Mine also has electric seats (Speed Cloth), no manual seats like the US. Good luck with your order and the wait.

Didn't know E90 order allocations are so low. Does that mean if Canada's allocations are spoken for, that it is impossible to factory order a new M3?

I'm still in break-in, 1900 km so far, service next week. This car is will blow you away, it is just a thrill and a pleasure to drive.
horsie is offline   Canada
      02-24-2011, 01:18 PM   #28
SiRR
Private First Class

Drives: ///M & Si

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [4.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsie View Post
Hi OP:

... I prefer the one-hump look and mine does not have the M button. Don't miss it, as all I'm missing is the Sport Plus throttle, MDM and Sport servotronic steering adjustments. I can live with this. This car is all about the ENGINE...

Didn't know E90 order allocations are so low. Does that mean if Canada's allocations are spoken for, that it is impossible to factory order a new M3?

I am in the same boat, I just order an E90 M3 as well (on Tuesday - Factory order), awaiting the paper work and more information on ED I have requested for May of this year...

Congrats on ordering the car!
SiRR is offline   Canada
      02-24-2011, 04:20 PM   #29
CalgaryX3
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ns2000x View Post
Excellent Asif!

Seems that a few Canadian E90's have been ordered recently. I'm about 2.5 weeks from European Delivery of mine.

Not sure if my car is a Feb or March build. I'm curious if in Canada we will get the BMW apps update as we get all the smart phone stuff as part of the basic build.
Therein lies the million dollar challenge. It's amazing how different BMW Canada is from BMW NA!

A
      02-24-2011, 04:21 PM   #30
CalgaryX3
Lieutenant

Quote:
Hi OP:

My SA tells me that a dealer can change one of their E92 or E93 allocations to a sedan if they have a confirmed order with a deposit. At least, thats what the case is with my order. When I last spoke with him yesterday, I was advised that I'll likely see my car in mid May.

Asif
      02-26-2011, 03:27 PM   #31
Cold Steel
Cutter

Drives: 2011 E90

Quote:
Having searched this forum, and asked two SA at my local dealerships, both with conflicting responses, here is my question:

I'm about to bite the bullet and factory order a new 2011 E90 M3. I'm choosing not to get the MDrive package for $2500 purely for aesthetic reasons-I don't like the look of the dash with the two humps!

In any event, do our Canadian cars come with an M-button on the steering wheel with this configuration, or do I have to order M-Drive in order to get the infamous M-button?

Thanks in advance
Asif
I would include it. Personally I hate the thought of having a nonfunctioning button in the car, or some option I didn't get. When you're spending that kind of money on a car, why not get all the bells and whistles? I ordered everything on mine and I love it.
Cold Steel is offline   Canada
      02-27-2011, 06:31 PM   #32
Chowster
E60_to_E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by ns2000x View Post
Excellent Asif!

E90s FTW!

Quote:
Hi OP:

My '11 E90 M3 ZCP was ordered in October 2010 for November production, took delivery January 10. I did not order the MDrive as I prefer the one-hump look and mine does not have the M button. Don't miss it, as all I'm missing is the Sport Plus throttle, MDM and Sport servotronic steering adjustments. I can live with this. This car is all about the ENGINE. But as others have commented, the iDrive and Mdrive options are worth considering. Mine also has electric seats (Speed Cloth), no manual seats like the US. Good luck with your order and the wait.

I'm still in break-in, 1900 km so far, service next week. This car is will blow you away, it is just a thrill and a pleasure to drive.
Horsie, I think we must've been side-by-side on the assembly line, and on the same vessel. I took delivery of mine on Dec 31. Just wait till you take a few runs to 8000 rpm after next week's service. It's totally addicting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiRR View Post
I am in the same boat, I just order an E90 M3 as well (on Tuesday - Factory order), awaiting the paper work and more information on ED I have requested for May of this year...

Congratulations SiRR on the order! What are your specs? ED sounds like a great idea.

Quote:
My SA tells me that a dealer can change one of their E92 or E93 allocations to a sedan if they have a confirmed order with a deposit. At least, thats what the case is with my order. When I last spoke with him yesterday, I was advised that I'll likely see my car in mid May.

Asif
May sounds like a great time of the year to take delivery guys. No need to worry about getting the winter setup on, and getting the car salty on day 1!
      02-27-2011, 06:48 PM   #33
CalgaryX3
Lieutenant

Quote:

May sounds like a great time of the year to take delivery guys. No need to worry about getting the winter setup on, and getting the car salty on day 1!
Haha...this is Calgary afterall. Who remembers that big snow dump last June 14th?

The M will be for fair weather only, and if it arrives while the roads are less than ideal, the dealer has agreed to deliver it to my home in an enclosed trailer.

Can't wait!

A
      02-27-2011, 07:24 PM   #34
Chowster
E60_to_E90

Quote:
Haha...this is Calgary afterall. Who remembers that big snow dump last June 14th?

The M will be for fair weather only, and if it arrives while the roads are less than ideal, the dealer has agreed to deliver it to my home in an enclosed trailer.

Can't wait!

A
^^^THAT I would like to see!
      02-28-2011, 03:57 PM   #35
SiRR
Private First Class

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [4.75]
Quote:
E90s FTW!
Congratulations SiRR on the order! What are your specs? ED sounds like a great idea.
E90 M3
Alpine White - Speed Cloth
Carbon Leather Trim
6MT
Competition Package

Cannot believe I ordered an M3 still - been dreaming of one since seeing M3 CSL!
SiRR is offline   Canada
      02-28-2011, 04:17 PM   #36
CalgaryX3
Lieutenant

Quote:

Cannot believe I ordered an M3 still - been dreaming of one since seeing M3 CSL!
'Aint that the truth?! Sometimes I'm in disbelief that I actually signed to fork out that much cash!

It will be worth it come spring though

A
      03-01-2011, 10:49 AM   #37
ns2000x
Converted

Quote:
'Aint that the truth?! Sometimes I'm in disbelief that I actually signed to fork out that much cash!

It will be worth it come spring though

A
Agreed. But my down payment is paid now, and I'll take delivery in 12 days, I guess I'm hoping that it will then seem worth the large number an the invoice I just signed!

03-01-2011, 11:36 AM   #38
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey

Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

Quote:

Congrats Ricky!!!

Hopefully Jack took good care of you!!!

I am going to be at the NA BMW show and shine at Bavaria BMW on the 12th of June, you should stop over for a chat. I know you probably won't have your car redelivered by then but that don't matter, I would like to put a face to the name. I will definitely check out your beautiful M3 some other time I am in the city.
      03-01-2011, 05:34 PM   #39
goldminer
Lieutenant

Drives: 2011 SG E92 M3, 6MT

Quote:

I ordered an E92 2 weeks ago yesterday and also am trying for ED in May. I hope there is not too many trying for that month. They must be pretty limited on spots.
goldminer is offline   Canada
      03-01-2011, 05:57 PM   #40
ns2000x
Converted

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldminer View Post
I ordered an E92 2 weeks ago yesterday and also am trying for ED in May. I hope there is not too many trying for that month. They must be pretty limited on spots.
It took BMW Canada 5 weeks to confirm my ED date. Not that it will take that long for you, but just a warning if it seems to be dragging out. Funny thing is, when I wanted to move the date by 5 days after it was confirmed, they did that in 1 day!

03-02-2011, 01:21 AM   #41
SiRR
Private First Class

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [4.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post
Congrats Ricky!!!

Hopefully Jack took good care of you!!!

I am going to be at the NA BMW show and shine at Bavaria BMW on the 12th of June, you should stop over for a chat. I know you probably won't have your car redelivered by then but that don't matter, I would like to put a face to the name. I will definitely check out your beautiful M3 some other time I am in the city.
Thanks Jamie

Once again thanks for the recommendation! Jack was a very helpful!

Indeed, I already have the date marked off, it is unfortunate the M3 will not be back in time for redelivery and make it for the show and shine.

Only thing now is holding off on mods for the time being...:

Last edited by SiRR; 03-02-2011 at 01:38 AM.
SiRR is offline   Canada