BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing
 
E92 Lighting
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-24-2011, 02:36 AM   #23
1
Captain
 
Drives: 991TTs
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Earth

Posts: 976
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougLikesBMW View Post
You play at that rez? FUUUUUUARK that must be amazing...

What monitor do you have? My native is 1920x1080.



Come on that's not true. My 8800GTX served me very well from Feb 2007. Just recently upgraded to a GTX 460 and they can be had for around $130 now.
HP ZR30w, its amazing, i actually have to turn my head to look at different parts of the screen, i never had to do that before LOL. tbh i put together one of my friends computers a few years back and he got one of the first Dell 30" monitors, ever since then i promised myself to get one haha.

and yeah i agree, the thing is i hate upgrading, i try to get the absolute best i can so i dont have to upgrade for at least another 5 years, but it sucks to know that you place an order one day and the next day you find out that a new model of a part is being released... then you find out 2 weeks later that the part you just bought is now 300$ cheaper, its like FML haha
1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2011, 02:41 AM   #24
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
 
DougLikesBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Plano, Texas

Posts: 2,659
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 View Post
HP ZR30w, its amazing, i actually have to turn my head to look at different parts of the screen, i never had to do that before LOL. tbh i put together one of my friends computers a few years back and he got one of the first Dell 30" monitors, ever since then i promised myself to get one haha.

and yeah i agree, the thing is i hate upgrading, i try to get the absolute best i can so i dont have to upgrade for at least another 5 years, but it sucks to know that you place an order one day and the next day you find out that a new model of a part is being released... then you find out 2 weeks later that the part you just bought is now 300$ cheaper, its like FML haha
$1200??!?!?!?

Apparently this shit is only for ballers.

One day...
DougLikesBMW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2011, 09:34 AM   #25
ragingclue
One cam is enough
 
ragingclue's Avatar
 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

Posts: 6,750
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 View Post
there will always be bugs and patches for those bugs, its hard to catch everything before release
Yeah but it's even worse if they're working out bugs in their PC release at the same time as they're working out the bugs in their multiple console releases.
ragingclue is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2011, 12:59 PM   #26
1
Captain
 
Drives: 991TTs
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Earth

Posts: 976
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougLikesBMW View Post
$1200??!?!?!?

Apparently this shit is only for ballers.

One day...
a lot of hard work and saving man, anyone can do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Yeah but it's even worse if they're working out bugs in their PC release at the same time as they're working out the bugs in their multiple console releases.
ohh i get you now, yeah that would probably be real hectic for them, hopefully an earlier release date for PC will be one of the perks!
1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2011, 01:04 PM   #27
FDfranklin
d[-_-]b
 
FDfranklin's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 LeMans Blue 135i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tampa, Fl

Posts: 764
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 View Post
a lot of hard work and saving man, anyone can do it!



ohh i get you now, yeah that would probably be real hectic for them, hopefully an earlier release date for PC will be one of the perks!
That is a very impressive monitor, I could not justify dropping that much on one though.

Ive never been "in" technology wise on monitor specs, do you think I will be fine running on a 1080 46" LED LCD?
__________________
FDfranklin is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2011, 01:13 PM   #28
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
 
DougLikesBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Plano, Texas

Posts: 2,659
iTrader: (0)



Last edited by DougLikesBMW; 02-24-2011 at 01:55 PM.
DougLikesBMW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2011, 02:07 PM   #29
Nedim
Captain
 
Nedim's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Des Moines, IA

Posts: 711
iTrader: (4)

I would need to upgrade my graphics card for this game lol
Nedim is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2011, 02:21 PM   #30
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 09 135 CPE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Socal

Posts: 1,870
iTrader: (8)

this is going to make me break down and get an Alienware Aurora I think.
HPFREAK is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2011, 02:31 PM   #31
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
 
DougLikesBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Plano, Texas

Posts: 2,659
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPFREAK View Post
this is going to make me break down and get an Alienware Aurora I think.
Please don't piss your money away on an Alienware. Seriously one of the worst ways you could think of to spend your money when buying a computer.


DougLikesBMW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2011, 02:32 PM   #32
FDfranklin
d[-_-]b
 
FDfranklin's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 LeMans Blue 135i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tampa, Fl

Posts: 764
iTrader: (0)

^ I wanna see that thing shoot so bad at the end.... I keep watching it over and over again hoping it will happen..
__________________
FDfranklin is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2011, 02:43 PM   #33
1
Captain
 
Drives: 991TTs
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Earth

Posts: 976
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDfranklin View Post
That is a very impressive monitor, I could not justify dropping that much on one though.

Ive never been "in" technology wise on monitor specs, do you think I will be fine running on a 1080 46" LED LCD?
haha i feel you, yeah that 46" will be perfect! really you dont need a resolution any better than 1080p since thats pretty much the highest resolution that almost all media uses, anything higher than that will require a pretty serious graphics card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougLikesBMW View Post

nice find, graphics look so sick!! look at the detail on the guns lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPFREAK View Post
this is going to make me break down and get an Alienware Aurora I think.
dont waste your money on alienware man, if you buy the parts separately and assemble the PC yourself you'll probably be saving around a grand. it really isnt that difficult to do, kinda like a puzzel, just put the part where it fits lol.
1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2011, 02:44 PM   #34
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
 
DougLikesBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Plano, Texas

Posts: 2,659
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDfranklin View Post
^ I wanna see that thing shoot so bad at the end.... I keep watching it over and over again hoping it will happen..
Lol I freakin know
DougLikesBMW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2011, 02:47 PM   #35
1
Captain
 
Drives: 991TTs
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Earth

Posts: 976
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDfranklin View Post
^ I wanna see that thing shoot so bad at the end.... I keep watching it over and over again hoping it will happen..
lmao the trailer is the worst tease! they barely show anything and it leaves you dying for more!

btw have any of you guys heard of a game called Brink? should be out this spring and from what ive seen it looks amazing
1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2011, 03:01 PM   #36
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
 
DougLikesBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Plano, Texas

Posts: 2,659
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 View Post
lmao the trailer is the worst tease! they barely show anything and it leaves you dying for more!

btw have any of you guys heard of a game called Brink? should be out this spring and from what ive seen it looks amazing
Yep, looks pretty cool...I like the acrobatics and stuff, plus the TF2-like classes.
DougLikesBMW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2011, 06:30 PM   #37
Nedim
Captain
 
Nedim's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Des Moines, IA

Posts: 711
iTrader: (4)

Hmm I have never worked on computers, never took one apart. How hard would it be to replace the video card? What are some good recommendations?
Nedim is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2011, 06:43 PM   #38
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 09 135 CPE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Socal

Posts: 1,870
iTrader: (8)

A grand? No way. I already priced out an Aurora with my discount at 1295 bucks with a ATI 5870 and 6G of RAM. I dont need a monitor mouse or keyboard just the tower. I looked at Fry's and they were going to be 400 more for similar parts. I also looked a many custome PC builders like ibuypower cyberpower, puget, and several others and they were going to be the same price but without the security of buying from a large company with a warranty.

The XPS series are great as well for around 200-400 less than the aurora but you cant run SLI or crossfire on them.

I think you are thinking of their Area 51 or Aurora ALX which is nothing more than a fancy tower for 700 more.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 View Post
haha i feel you, yeah that 46" will be perfect! really you dont need a resolution any better than 1080p since thats pretty much the highest resolution that almost all media uses, anything higher than that will require a pretty serious graphics card.



nice find, graphics look so sick!! look at the detail on the guns lol



dont waste your money on alienware man, if you buy the parts separately and assemble the PC yourself you'll probably be saving around a grand. it really isnt that difficult to do, kinda like a puzzel, just put the part where it fits lol.
HPFREAK is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2011, 06:46 PM   #39
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 09 135 CPE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Socal

Posts: 1,870
iTrader: (8)

Show me a better computer for 1300 with a warranty then? I would love to see it. I am not going to put my own PC together. I dont want to waste my time with that and screw something up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougLikesBMW View Post
Please don't piss your money away on an Alienware. Seriously one of the worst ways you could think of to spend your money when buying a computer.


HPFREAK is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2011, 06:58 PM   #40
NBRider88
I gave her my heart, she gave me crabs
 
NBRider88's Avatar
 
Drives: 06' 330i
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: OC :]

Posts: 142
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPFREAK View Post
Show me a better computer for 1300 with a warranty then? I would love to see it. I am not going to put my own PC together. I dont want to waste my time with that and screw something up.
It's really easy to do a little searching on current computer specs, as well as learn how to assemble a PC. I read a few threads on a computer forum, searched for good parts, and ordered from newegg/tigerdirect/etc for the cheapest components. You will save money and it is quite fun to build your own PC. You get warranty's on all the items you buy from the manufacture. Really hard to screw something up thb...Since 07', I have built 20+ computers with no prior experience other than reading a little bit. As mentioned, the parts just "fit" into certain slots.

If you don't care about saving hundreds of dollars, or learning a new skill (hobby for me now), go ahead and feel free to throw your money away on a Alienware...I can't say I didn't do the same with my first computer before I learned about the benefits of custom computers.
NBRider88 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2011, 07:06 PM   #41
FDfranklin
d[-_-]b
 
FDfranklin's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 LeMans Blue 135i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tampa, Fl

Posts: 764
iTrader: (0)

Ive been building computers for probably 10 years now.. its very easy and saves you TONS of money.. I already have a dvd drive and my hard drive, why pay for it on a new machine when you can just swap it in.

Getting a barebone system is the easiest way to do it, that way you don't have to put the processor on and its already wired to the power supply. Everything else literally just snaps in.
__________________
FDfranklin is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2011, 07:07 PM   #42
FDfranklin
d[-_-]b
 
FDfranklin's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 LeMans Blue 135i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tampa, Fl

Posts: 764
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedim View Post
Hmm I have never worked on computers, never took one apart. How hard would it be to replace the video card? What are some good recommendations?
It just snaps in.. very simple. If you have a recent computer mostly anything will be compatible with your motherboard.
__________________
FDfranklin is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2011, 07:07 PM   #43
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
 
DougLikesBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Plano, Texas

Posts: 2,659
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPFREAK View Post
Aurora with my discount at 1295 bucks with a ATI 5870 and 6G of RAM.
lol i was like lol...what a rip
DougLikesBMW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2011, 09:04 PM   #44
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
 
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tampa, FL

Posts: 4,765
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougLikesBMW View Post
Please tell me that TV will be hooked up to a PC. Honestly there is no point in playing this game if you're not going to play it on PC. 64 players in all out war and mayhem with crazy destruction, DX11, teamwork, the community on PC for this game will last at minimum several years to a decade...

If ever there was a time to get into PC gaming it is now, I would suggest building a rig in several months (as we get closer to the release of BF3, Skyrim, Deus Ex 3, etc).

If you are also into The Elder Scrolls series then you have no option but to build a gaming rig. Mods make TES games millions of times better (not exaggerating).
It's like you read my mind lol when i saw this, i came to accept the fact that i probably won't play a console game after this
TK-421 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST