BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Wheels and Tires Items
 
PYSPEED
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-25-2011, 12:46 PM   #1
11' AW M3
Major
 
Drives: 11' ZCP E92 M3
Join Date: May 2009
Location: california

Posts: 1,237
iTrader: (2)

Brand New Powdercoated OEM ZCP Wheels GTS Style

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None
Item Interest
EDIT: SOLD. I will leave the pics:

UPDATE: PICTURES
(very hard to accurately capture the finish, so turned off flash)





__________________
2011 AW/FR Extended E92 M3... fully loaded

Last edited by 11' AW M3; 03-08-2011 at 09:41 PM.
11' AW M3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2011, 01:20 PM   #2
11' AW M3
Major
 
Drives: 11' ZCP E92 M3
Join Date: May 2009
Location: california

Posts: 1,237
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift@red View Post
Not trying to sound negative, but wouldnt spending the money to powercoat and raise the price be counterproductive as far as a sale goes when you can buy the GTS wheels already in that finish new for about the same price.

GLWS and bump.
Not quite. From what I understand, the "GTS" wheels you can buy are painted, not powdercoated. Huge difference there. I can have these painted for half the cost of powdercoat. Plus, I can have them powdercoated any color. I am actually debating selling the set that's on my car and getting these powdercoated a dark gunmetal to try something different
__________________
2011 AW/FR Extended E92 M3... fully loaded
11' AW M3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2011, 01:25 PM   #3
PKL
Colonel
 
PKL's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335i
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Santa Monica

Posts: 2,467
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11' AW M3 View Post
I am actually debating selling the set that's on my car and getting these powdercoated a dark gunmetal to try something different
Do it, sounds sweet.
__________________
2011 E90 335i M-Sport 6MT
PKL is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2011, 01:35 PM   #4
DeepSeaLandry
First Lieutenant
 
DeepSeaLandry's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 M3 E90 DCT
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Honolulu, HI

Posts: 348
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKL View Post
Do it, sounds sweet.
+1 cause I want to see how good they look
DeepSeaLandry is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2011, 03:11 PM   #5
11' AW M3
Major
 
Drives: 11' ZCP E92 M3
Join Date: May 2009
Location: california

Posts: 1,237
iTrader: (2)

bump
__________________
2011 AW/FR Extended E92 M3... fully loaded
11' AW M3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-27-2011, 12:40 AM   #6
Sean05
Putcha ang ganda...
 
Sean05's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 MR E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles, Brea CA.

Posts: 5,326
iTrader: (9)

Send a message via Yahoo to Sean05
GTS wheels are not powdercoated they are painted...

Also not sure where u getting them powdercoated but usually they ran 60-70 per wheel..

If i were u dont powdercoat... Get them annodized or paint it..

This is the reason why major company's dont powdercoat... IE: VOLKS, BBS etc.
__________________
Sean05 is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      01-27-2011, 01:15 AM   #7
11' AW M3
Major
 
Drives: 11' ZCP E92 M3
Join Date: May 2009
Location: california

Posts: 1,237
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean05 View Post
GTS wheels are not powdercoated they are painted...

Also not sure where u getting them powdercoated but usually they ran 60-70 per wheel..

If i were u dont powdercoat... Get them annodized or paint it..

This is the reason why major company's dont powdercoat... IE: VOLKS, BBS etc.
Sean, with all due respect, I have to disagree with you. I saw your posts raving about how horrible powdercoating is. It is simply not true and I think your claims don't have much merit. You mentioned you bent all your wheels that were powdercoated... I am guessing you bent the lip, not the face- so did you powdercoat the lip? How do you know they would not have bent if they were painted?

HRE, DPE, IFORGED, ETC all powdercoat... why? Because it is 100x more durable than painting. Any professional powdercoating shop knows the proper temperature to do the baking process. Its those half-ass shops that you mention that charge 1/3-1/2 the rate where you would have problems.

I have been through over 20 sets of wheels between my last three cars, and the few that I have had painted I regretted every time. The finish looks like crap within a few months. With powdercoating, the finish could last you years without needing a refinish. I have NEVER had any problems with powdercoated wheels. My own zcp wheels are powdercoated and have had no problems for over 1500 miles. I have hit quite a few major potholes over and over with 0 problems!

Please, keep this thread on topic. If you are not interested, I am politely asking for you to stay out. Thanks
__________________
2011 AW/FR Extended E92 M3... fully loaded
11' AW M3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-27-2011, 11:50 AM   #8
persian54
Lieutenant General
 
persian54's Avatar
 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

Posts: 15,768
iTrader: (291)

you should make a photoshop of what they would look like
persian54 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-27-2011, 01:07 PM   #9
11' AW M3
Major
 
Drives: 11' ZCP E92 M3
Join Date: May 2009
Location: california

Posts: 1,237
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
you should make a photoshop of what they would look like
Or I can email someone a pic of the powdercoated set currently on my car
__________________
2011 AW/FR Extended E92 M3... fully loaded
11' AW M3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-27-2011, 01:16 PM   #10
Sean05
Putcha ang ganda...
 
Sean05's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 MR E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles, Brea CA.

Posts: 5,326
iTrader: (9)

Send a message via Yahoo to Sean05
I am just merely suggesting. with all do respect. powdercoat company will not or would not tell you the truth about powdercoating wheels wheater its a good idea or not. just my experience yes i have powdercoat the entire wheels not just the lip you mentioned its the entire wheels that was out of balance while balancing the wheels without tires. this is just my experience and others that have powdercoat wheels.

YES i totally agree with you that is the reason why some manufacture powdercoat to make it look nice and expensive. AND YES powdercoat wheels haev a better finish than painted wheels.. and again in my previous thread THIS IS AN OPTION FOR CONSUMER, WHATEVER YOU PREFER THEY WILL DO IT FOR YOU.

i have had 4 maybe 5 sets of wheels that were powdercoated then found out on my 1st set of wheels that powdercoating wheels will weaken the wheels. THIS IS CONFIRMED BY SOMEONE, A SPONSOR HERE IN M3POST THAT YES IT WILL WEAKEN YOUR WHEELS but not to an extent that wheel ( ) kill you.

LIKE MY PREVIOUS POST I SAID ITS AN OPTION FOR CONSUMER

LETS DO THIS DRIVE YOUR CAR WITH THE POWDERCOATED WHEELS FOR AT LEAST 1 SET OF TIRES AND BEFORE PUTTING NEW TIRES PUT THE WHEELS IN THE WHEEL BALANCER AND YOU WILL SEE THE WABBLE ON THE WHEEL, AND IT USUALLY WILL BALANCE ANYWAYS AFTER PUTTING TIRES AND LEAD ON THE WHEELS.

IM JUST SAYING THIS IS SOMETHING THAT I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS IS JUST MY OWN EXPERIENCE...

IF YOU THINK POWDERCOATING IS BEST FOR WHEELS THEN DO IT IM NOT STOPPING YOU IM JUST SUGGESTING PAINTING IT OR ANNODIZING THE WHEELS ARE OTHER OPTION.

SORRY DUDE NOT TRYING TO TRASH YOUR THREAD JUST A SUGGESTION

well good luck ...


Quote:
Originally Posted by 11' AW M3 View Post
Sean, with all due respect, I have to disagree with you. I saw your posts raving about how horrible powdercoating is. It is simply not true and I think your claims don't have much merit. You mentioned you bent all your wheels that were powdercoated... I am guessing you bent the lip, not the face- so did you powdercoat the lip? How do you know they would not have bent if they were painted?

HRE, DPE, IFORGED, ETC all powdercoat... why? Because it is 100x more durable than painting. Any professional powdercoating shop knows the proper temperature to do the baking process. Its those half-ass shops that you mention that charge 1/3-1/2 the rate where you would have problems.

I have been through over 20 sets of wheels between my last three cars, and the few that I have had painted I regretted every time. The finish looks like crap within a few months. With powdercoating, the finish could last you years without needing a refinish. I have NEVER had any problems with powdercoated wheels. My own zcp wheels are powdercoated and have had no problems for over 1500 miles. I have hit quite a few major potholes over and over with 0 problems!

Please, keep this thread on topic. If you are not interested, I am politely asking for you to stay out. Thanks

Last edited by Sean05; 01-27-2011 at 01:30 PM.
Sean05 is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      01-29-2011, 04:05 PM   #11
11' AW M3
Major
 
Drives: 11' ZCP E92 M3
Join Date: May 2009
Location: california

Posts: 1,237
iTrader: (2)

Sean, having known the owners of two of the largest wheel companies, personally been through over 20+ sets, etc... I disagree with many things you said but its not worth my time to respond. Please don't spread information as fact when it is merely opinion. It does no good for the community as many inexperienced people will read your posts and take it for fact. Have you ever heard of correlation does not imply causation? If not, look it up- it particularly applies to your experience with the three sets of powdercoated wheels that bent.



Back on topic: Just got updated that the wheels will be back on Monday (they were suppose to be done today). I replied to all pms.

I am open to trades + cash (front lip, csl trunk, zcp spoiler, etc), but no wheels as I have too many sets here as is.
__________________
2011 AW/FR Extended E92 M3... fully loaded
11' AW M3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-29-2011, 04:31 PM   #12
MonteCarloM3
Banned
 
MonteCarloM3's Avatar
 
Drives: a shitty M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Uranus

Posts: 577
iTrader: (0)



Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean05 View Post
I am just merely suggesting. with all do respect. powdercoat company will not or would not tell you the truth about powdercoating wheels wheater its a good idea or not. just my experience yes i have powdercoat the entire wheels not just the lip you mentioned its the entire wheels that was out of balance while balancing the wheels without tires. this is just my experience and others that have powdercoat wheels.

YES i totally agree with you that is the reason why some manufacture powdercoat to make it look nice and expensive. AND YES powdercoat wheels haev a better finish than painted wheels.. and again in my previous thread THIS IS AN OPTION FOR CONSUMER, WHATEVER YOU PREFER THEY WILL DO IT FOR YOU.

i have had 4 maybe 5 sets of wheels that were powdercoated then found out on my 1st set of wheels that powdercoating wheels will weaken the wheels. THIS IS CONFIRMED BY SOMEONE, A SPONSOR HERE IN M3POST THAT YES IT WILL WEAKEN YOUR WHEELS but not to an extent that wheel ( ) kill you.

LIKE MY PREVIOUS POST I SAID ITS AN OPTION FOR CONSUMER

LETS DO THIS DRIVE YOUR CAR WITH THE POWDERCOATED WHEELS FOR AT LEAST 1 SET OF TIRES AND BEFORE PUTTING NEW TIRES PUT THE WHEELS IN THE WHEEL BALANCER AND YOU WILL SEE THE WABBLE ON THE WHEEL, AND IT USUALLY WILL BALANCE ANYWAYS AFTER PUTTING TIRES AND LEAD ON THE WHEELS.

IM JUST SAYING THIS IS SOMETHING THAT I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS IS JUST MY OWN EXPERIENCE...

IF YOU THINK POWDERCOATING IS BEST FOR WHEELS THEN DO IT IM NOT STOPPING YOU IM JUST SUGGESTING PAINTING IT OR ANNODIZING THE WHEELS ARE OTHER OPTION.

SORRY DUDE NOT TRYING TO TRASH YOUR THREAD JUST A SUGGESTION

well good luck ...
MonteCarloM3 is offline   Uzbekistan
0
Reply With Quote
      02-03-2011, 08:15 PM   #13
11' AW M3
Major
 
Drives: 11' ZCP E92 M3
Join Date: May 2009
Location: california

Posts: 1,237
iTrader: (2)

__________________
2011 AW/FR Extended E92 M3... fully loaded
11' AW M3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-03-2011, 11:29 PM   #14
11' AW M3
Major
 
Drives: 11' ZCP E92 M3
Join Date: May 2009
Location: california

Posts: 1,237
iTrader: (2)

First post updated with pics of these gorgeous wheels!
__________________
2011 AW/FR Extended E92 M3... fully loaded
11' AW M3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-04-2011, 11:52 AM   #15
MonteCarloM3
Banned
 
MonteCarloM3's Avatar
 
Drives: a shitty M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Uranus

Posts: 577
iTrader: (0)

OEM ZCP matte black wheels from tischer bmw is $2140 + $35 for shipping.
check it out here...
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...catalogid=4462
MonteCarloM3 is offline   Uzbekistan
0
Reply With Quote
      02-04-2011, 11:53 AM   #16
chris s
Major General
 
chris s's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 e92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York

Posts: 5,290
iTrader: (8)

Uh oh, here we go again...
__________________

2012 MR e92 M3 DCT, fully loaded... ESS VT2-625, Brembo 380, BBS FI's, Akra/Challenge Sport, KW Sleeve kit, Full OEM CF Interior
2008 e92 M3 Coupe 6MT | AW/BLK Extended...SOLD!
chris s is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-04-2011, 12:30 PM   #17
11' AW M3
Major
 
Drives: 11' ZCP E92 M3
Join Date: May 2009
Location: california

Posts: 1,237
iTrader: (2)

if people can't read, I can't help them. These are powdercoated, oem are painted. Big difference. Nuff said. Thanks for the bumps
__________________
2011 AW/FR Extended E92 M3... fully loaded
11' AW M3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-04-2011, 01:47 PM   #18
Leonardo629
Major
 
Drives: 2013 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Walnut, CA

Posts: 1,202
iTrader: (9)

dayum they look nice!
Leonardo629 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-04-2011, 02:26 PM   #19
Darth335
Captain
 
Darth335's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 AW E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SoCal

Posts: 694
iTrader: (16)

Wheels Look Sick! I want!! Wanna Trade
Darth335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-04-2011, 02:30 PM   #20
persian54
Lieutenant General
 
persian54's Avatar
 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

Posts: 15,768
iTrader: (291)

not gonna lie... those are extremely sexy
persian54 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-04-2011, 03:30 PM   #21
drburton
Lieutenant
 
Drives: e92 M3 Alpine
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Minneapolis

Posts: 449
iTrader: (3)

Wheels look great! Do you have a picture of the backside?

On a side note the M stickers are upside down.
drburton is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-04-2011, 03:39 PM   #22
11' AW M3
Major
 
Drives: 11' ZCP E92 M3
Join Date: May 2009
Location: california

Posts: 1,237
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth335 View Post
Wheels Look Sick! I want!! Wanna Trade
Sorry, I have no use for stock zcp's. I still have my powdercoated set thats on my car... just trying to clear my massive collection of wheels right now. Even though a few sold, I still have too many here

Quote:
Originally Posted by drburton View Post
Wheels look great! Do you have a picture of the backside?

On a side note the M stickers are upside down.
I can take pics of the backside when I get home later tonight. Curious- what are you trying to see on the backside?

Regarding the stickers... they are just siliconed on, so you can take them off and reposition. I took mine off on my set thats on my car.

Also, the cf you see in the centercaps are just stickers... I wanted to see how it would look before ordering the real cf caps. These come with the oem blue caps.

All pm's replied!
__________________
2011 AW/FR Extended E92 M3... fully loaded
11' AW M3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST