BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California
 
BPM Sport
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-01-2011, 01:17 PM   #1
Mark
Administrator
United_States
1774

 
Mark's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA


Posts: 3,999
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Official Bay Area Chat Thread! (#2)

Happy new year 2011!
__________________
The new beast. BMW M5.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2011, 05:31 PM   #2
xsb00st
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
80

 
Drives: Slow
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Earth


Posts: 1,530
iTrader: (21)

Happy New Year!
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2011, 07:26 PM   #3
duk
///M
United_States
71

 
Drives: 2011 AW/FR 6MT E92
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Jose, CA


Posts: 2,961
iTrader: (0)

hey anyone up for cars and coffee next saturday the 8th at santana row?
__________________
2011 AW/FR 6MT E92 | Powered by Premier | Alekshop | ESS |
Rok n Peace Clothing: www.roknpeace.com

Appreciate 0
      01-01-2011, 11:24 PM   #4
xsb00st
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
80

 
Drives: Slow
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Earth


Posts: 1,530
iTrader: (21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duk View Post
hey anyone up for cars and coffee next saturday the 8th at santana row?
I'm moving to SJ on the 8th. But I'd be down to go any week after that. I frequent the Irvine C&C often.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2011, 11:29 AM   #5
Joonsup
Lieutenant General
South Korea
226

 
Joonsup's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3, E30 325i
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bay Area


Posts: 17,311
iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [4.75]
Send a message via AIM to Joonsup
Quote:
Originally Posted by duk View Post
hey anyone up for cars and coffee next saturday the 8th at santana row?
My car still need two struts replaced, or else I'd probably stop by. I haven't been to cars and coffee in a pretty long time
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 10:05 AM   #6
Wretched Creature
Private First Class
United_States
7

 
Wretched Creature's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 E90 M3 Interlagos Blue
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Gatos, CA


Posts: 114
iTrader: (0)

Service Advisor Recommendations in the South Bay?

Hello SF Bay Area M3 forum members!

I posted this to the original "Official Bay Area Chat Thread!" several days ago. Now that the new (and improved?) thread is available I thought I'd re-post here. Thanks in advance for any recommendations!
---------------------

I'm currently biding my time as I wait for my M3 to arrive at the end of the month, or early next month. While I wait, I thought I would seek the advice of SF Bay Area forum members.

While I'm purchasing the car at a dealership in the central coast area, I'll likely have my service done in the San Jose area. I bought my current 325i in Mountain View and my service experience has been good there until the last year or so. I used to see the same advisor at every visit but now I'm passed around from one advisor to the next like a piece of meat. And the newer advisors don't seem to be as well informed which is a serious concern when it comes to an M car.

I would like to find a good (hopefully great) advisor at either the Mountain View or Stevens Creek dealerships. Any recommendations?

Thanks and Happy New Year!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 06:49 PM   #7
Joonsup
Lieutenant General
South Korea
226

 
Joonsup's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3, E30 325i
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bay Area


Posts: 17,311
iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [4.75]
Send a message via AIM to Joonsup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched Creature View Post
Hello SF Bay Area M3 forum members!

I posted this to the original "Official Bay Area Chat Thread!" several days ago. Now that the new (and improved?) thread is available I thought I'd re-post here. Thanks in advance for any recommendations!
---------------------

I'm currently biding my time as I wait for my M3 to arrive at the end of the month, or early next month. While I wait, I thought I would seek the advice of SF Bay Area forum members.

While I'm purchasing the car at a dealership in the central coast area, I'll likely have my service done in the San Jose area. I bought my current 325i in Mountain View and my service experience has been good there until the last year or so. I used to see the same advisor at every visit but now I'm passed around from one advisor to the next like a piece of meat. And the newer advisors don't seem to be as well informed which is a serious concern when it comes to an M car.

I would like to find a good (hopefully great) advisor at either the Mountain View or Stevens Creek dealerships. Any recommendations?

Thanks and Happy New Year!
back when i had leased my 335i from end of 2007 till this past year, Stevens Creek had a bad reputation for service..but I am not sure if that pertains to CA's or even the SA's. East Bay BMW in pleasanton has always ranked high in the nation for service quality but it may be a bit of a drive for you. Hopefully others will chime in. There may even be a section on dealerships in the bay area somewhere in here or the 3 series section
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2011, 12:59 AM   #8
49ER ROLL
///Mmm
101

 
49ER ROLL's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 M3 E92 SG
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Peninsula Bay Area


Posts: 3,059
iTrader: (0)

woohooooo HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE! PRETTY STOKED ON MY END...just received my production number.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2011, 01:39 AM   #9
Sean@PYSpeed.com
United_States
243

 
Sean@PYSpeed.com's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 AW E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bay Area


Posts: 8,956
iTrader: (22)

Send a message via AIM to Sean@PYSpeed.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar This View Post
woohooooo HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE! PRETTY STOKED ON MY END...just received my production number.
Sweet. Btw you order from peterpan? Oh, there's a nice peter pan facility in burlingame for service!
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2011, 12:16 PM   #10
49ER ROLL
///Mmm
101

 
49ER ROLL's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 M3 E92 SG
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Peninsula Bay Area


Posts: 3,059
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean@PYSpeed.com View Post
Sweet. Btw you order from peterpan? Oh, there's a nice peter pan facility in burlingame for service!
we have ties with weatherford. so i ordered it there from my friend who's one of the mgrs over there. PP new facilities are vedy nice though! that service building is giant!
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2011, 12:17 PM   #11
49ER ROLL
///Mmm
101

 
49ER ROLL's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 M3 E92 SG
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Peninsula Bay Area


Posts: 3,059
iTrader: (0)

i am pretty excited to come out to some of the meets, can't wait.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2011, 12:43 PM   #12
49ER ROLL
///Mmm
101

 
49ER ROLL's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 M3 E92 SG
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Peninsula Bay Area


Posts: 3,059
iTrader: (0)

i saw you guys do a C&C meet and the Berkley meet. anything in SF? my wife and i are coming from mazda where we liked to host meets. i'd love to put one on. i know i am new here, but hey its a great way to meet local peeps

here's a couple slideshows from our mazda meets



Appreciate 0
      01-08-2011, 01:26 PM   #13
Wretched Creature
Private First Class
United_States
7

 
Wretched Creature's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 E90 M3 Interlagos Blue
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Gatos, CA


Posts: 114
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joonsup View Post
back when i had leased my 335i from end of 2007 till this past year, Stevens Creek had a bad reputation for service..but I am not sure if that pertains to CA's or even the SA's. East Bay BMW in pleasanton has always ranked high in the nation for service quality but it may be a bit of a drive for you. Hopefully others will chime in. There may even be a section on dealerships in the bay area somewhere in here or the 3 series section
Thanks for the reply joonsup!

I've heard good things about East By BMW but was hoping to find something closer to home. I've also heard that Stevens Creek has had a bad reputation for service in the past but I'm not sure if that's changed.

Where are all the South Bay M3 owners taking their cars for service???
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 01:57 AM   #14
Joonsup
Lieutenant General
South Korea
226

 
Joonsup's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3, E30 325i
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bay Area


Posts: 17,311
iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [4.75]
Send a message via AIM to Joonsup
my friend takes his M3 to Fremont. there's an SA there named Nick who seems to be one of the cooler guys to deal with
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 09:59 PM   #15
xsb00st
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
80

 
Drives: Slow
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Earth


Posts: 1,530
iTrader: (21)

Any good detailers in the San Jose area? One where I can leave my car with for a couple days.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 09:44 PM   #16
Wretched Creature
Private First Class
United_States
7

 
Wretched Creature's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 E90 M3 Interlagos Blue
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Gatos, CA


Posts: 114
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched Creature View Post
Thanks for the reply joonsup!

I've heard good things about East By BMW but was hoping to find something closer to home. I've also heard that Stevens Creek has had a bad reputation for service in the past but I'm not sure if that's changed.

Where are all the South Bay M3 owners taking their cars for service???
No love for the South Bay dealerships? Anyone? Bueller?..
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2011, 11:23 AM   #17
49ER ROLL
///Mmm
101

 
49ER ROLL's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 M3 E92 SG
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Peninsula Bay Area


Posts: 3,059
iTrader: (0)

Happy Friday!!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2011, 03:03 PM   #18
truflip611
New Member
0

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: CA


Posts: 12
iTrader: (1)

I'm considering upgrading the subs to SWS8s and was wondering if anyone local has done this upgrade. Would love to be able to demo the sound quality difference as well get your input on the installation.

I'm located in Fremont. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 05:46 PM   #19
cyberkaa
:facepalm:
United_States
58

 
cyberkaa's Avatar
 
Drives: '03 332i, '89 325i, '02 M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA


Posts: 5,214
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2003 M/332i (325i b ...  [4.67]
2002 M3  [0.00]
1989 325i  [0.00]
Send a message via ICQ to cyberkaa Send a message via AIM to cyberkaa
Sup everyone.
__________________
-Kalim (klx photo studio)

-
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Truong
Donuts make you go nuts
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2011, 11:40 PM   #20
TommyK
Brigadier General
United_States
87

 
TommyK's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i LCI
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Orange County, CA


Posts: 3,326
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i LCI  [0.00]
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to TommyK
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberkaa View Post
Sup everyone.
oh hai kalim
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2011, 11:48 PM   #21
cyberkaa
:facepalm:
United_States
58

 
cyberkaa's Avatar
 
Drives: '03 332i, '89 325i, '02 M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA


Posts: 5,214
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2003 M/332i (325i b ...  [4.67]
2002 M3  [0.00]
1989 325i  [0.00]
Send a message via ICQ to cyberkaa Send a message via AIM to cyberkaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModProjeKt.com View Post
oh hai kalim
Hello Jay.
__________________
-Kalim (klx photo studio)

-
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Truong
Donuts make you go nuts
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2011, 12:54 PM   #22
Joonsup
Lieutenant General
South Korea
226

 
Joonsup's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3, E30 325i
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bay Area


Posts: 17,311
iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [4.75]
Send a message via AIM to Joonsup
this chat is so dead
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
e92 > e30, orlykalim@yarlykalim.com, wtb: good weather

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:10 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST