BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
GTB Performance
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-27-2011, 09:17 PM   #1
1cleanm3
Brigadier General
 
1cleanm3's Avatar
 
Drives: ///E92M3*RR Sport*Prius
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: the 818

Posts: 3,606
iTrader: (7)

Ess vt-535 kit owners...

Im really eager to get this kit, and wanted to get owners insights. How do you guys like kit? Is it a big difference from stock? Does the car pull way harder? Any problems? How much wheel/crack hp and torque should i expect.

I know the kit cost 8000 dollars , how much extra is the tune? What exactly does not having the intercooler mean? Is this bad? Do i need an intercooler? Will my car over heat? What is the best place to get it installed in Socal? Rennspec..autotalent? Does the kit come with EVERYTHING needed? Or is there other things needed to install.

What is the difference between the 535,575,600, 625 kits besides the intercooler and power. I see theres a big jump from the 535 to 575 in pricing.

How does the dealer treat you guys, did they automatically void the drivetrain warranty?

The ones with big brakes kits and not, do you guys think its a must or must not.

This is a big step for me for obvious reasons, not really the money. I dont want to deal with issues/headaches and stuff like that because I have no time for this stuff right now in my life. I want something that is headache free and ive heard gintani and ess are the ish. However Gintani kits are more $$. Not trying to start a war here between the two so dont get into that. Please only honest answers from owners or owners friends and such, I know theres a lot of ESS fan boys here (m33) , please keep this decision peaceful. Ess i would greatly appreciate a comment . I havent heard one thing negative about ESS and after speaking with Romen at one of the meets, im convinced.

Thanks guys!
__________________
HRE + CHALLENGE + KW V3 + GINTANI + ARKYM + YOKOHAMA AD08

Last edited by 1cleanm3; 01-27-2011 at 09:26 PM.
1cleanm3 is offline   Armenia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-27-2011, 09:22 PM   #2
1cleanm3
Brigadier General
 
1cleanm3's Avatar
 
Drives: ///E92M3*RR Sport*Prius
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: the 818

Posts: 3,606
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
I'm pretty interested in the answers as well, but I'm pretty sure you'll be fine with the stock brakes though.
i love your brembos
__________________
HRE + CHALLENGE + KW V3 + GINTANI + ARKYM + YOKOHAMA AD08
1cleanm3 is offline   Armenia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-27-2011, 09:24 PM   #3
AJ@ESS
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: E60 M5
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: USA

Posts: 199
iTrader: (0)

All ESS SC kits include injectors and matching software.

VT1-535 is night and day difference from stock. Typically 110+WHP over stock.
AJ@ESS is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-27-2011, 09:28 PM   #4
Chako
Private First Class
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Canada

Posts: 185
iTrader: (1)

If one were to install it themself, does the warranty coverage still apply?

Is the coverage transferable?
Chako is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-27-2011, 09:31 PM   #5
1cleanm3
Brigadier General
 
1cleanm3's Avatar
 
Drives: ///E92M3*RR Sport*Prius
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: the 818

Posts: 3,606
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ@ESS View Post
All ESS SC kits include injectors and matching software.

VT1-535 is night and day difference from stock. Typically 110+WHP over stock.
I would appreciate it if you spent more then 30 seconds on a reply post and answer the other questions.

__________________
HRE + CHALLENGE + KW V3 + GINTANI + ARKYM + YOKOHAMA AD08
1cleanm3 is offline   Armenia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-27-2011, 09:53 PM   #6
AJ@ESS
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: E60 M5
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: USA

Posts: 199
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cleanm3 View Post
I would appreciate it if you spent more then 30 seconds on a reply post and answer the other questions.

You asked for inputs from owners I assumed, not manufacturer. I just cleared up the factual questions.

The kit is virtually maintenance free, change SC oil and basically forget about it.

The VT1-535 is a low pressure kit that is extensively tested in 120+F heat with no issues whatsover. In fact it is one of my favorite kits as it gives so much power with no headache and top build quality at a reasonable price point.

The warranty is valid for self installers, and this kit is actually very easy to install so anyone with basic wrenching skills can easily install it themselves.

The major difference between VT1 and VT2 is the intercooler system and boost pressure. Personally I find the VT1-535 more than quick enough.
AJ@ESS is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-27-2011, 10:41 PM   #7
m33
Banned
 
m33's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 VT650 MCB Individual
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CT

Posts: 2,697
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cleanm3 View Post
Im really eager to get this kit, and wanted to get owners insights. How do you guys like kit? Is it a big difference from stock? Does the car pull way harder? Any problems? How much wheel/crack hp and torque should i expect.

I know the kit cost 8000 dollars , how much extra is the tune? What exactly does not having the intercooler mean? Is this bad? Do i need an intercooler? Will my car over heat? What is the best place to get it installed in Socal? Rennspec..autotalent? Does the kit come with EVERYTHING needed? Or is there other things needed to install.

What is the difference between the 535,575,600, 625 kits besides the intercooler and power. I see theres a big jump from the 535 to 575 in pricing.

How does the dealer treat you guys, did they automatically void the drivetrain warranty?

The ones with big brakes kits and not, do you guys think its a must or must not.

This is a big step for me for obvious reasons, not really the money. I dont want to deal with issues/headaches and stuff like that because I have no time for this stuff right now in my life. I want something that is headache free and ive heard gintani and ess are the ish. However Gintani kits are more $$. Not trying to start a war here between the two so dont get into that. Please only honest answers from owners or owners friends and such, I know theres a lot of ESS fan boys here (m33) , please keep this decision peaceful. Ess i would greatly appreciate a comment . I havent heard one thing negative about ESS and after speaking with Romen at one of the meets, im convinced.

Thanks guys!
1) IMO The M3 with a supercharger is a super car ! It puts a smile on your face every time you drive it ( i call it therapy )
2) It's a big difference from stock it's a totally different car .
3) i have never experienced any issues with my kit.
4) I personally would recommend getting a inter cooled kit ( power is more efficient & keeps temps down )
5) The difference in the ESS staged kits are Software, injectors , intercooler & pulley/boost .
6) I get my oil changes and services as i would with out the blower with out any problems ( I've went to 4 different dealer's with out any problems whatsoever )
7) They won't void your warranty just because they see a blower now if you came across a problem due to the blower that's a different story .......
8) Choose the Kit/company that best suits your needs "" Peaceful""
9) BBK is not really needed if your a spirited driver , now if you have a heavy foot then yeah get BBK ( although it's smart if you equally upgrade all levels on the car Power/Brakes/Suspension )
10) you said it yourself their is not one unhappy ESS SC'r owner ( problem free and that's with 150+ kits sold )

Good Luck on your Purchase
m33 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-27-2011, 10:46 PM   #8
m33
Banned
 
m33's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 VT650 MCB Individual
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CT

Posts: 2,697
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
I'm pretty interested in the answers as well, but I'm pretty sure you'll be fine with the stock brakes though.

I would like to add a question regarding the service... I'm in Bumblef#ck Upstate NY, what kind of issues could I run into in terms of service? Are these kits failry maintenance free?

Thanks as well!
You have to change the oil in the blower every 7,500 miles and it takes about 15 min to do ( real simple )
If you want a ride in mine i'm in Stamford CT & your more than welcome to come by for a ride, probably a 30 min ride from your neck of the woods to mine .
m33 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-27-2011, 10:53 PM   #9
sensi09
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: .
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: socal

Posts: 1,765
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ@ESS View Post
You asked for inputs from owners I assumed, not manufacturer. I just cleared up the factual questions.

The kit is virtually maintenance free, change SC oil and basically forget about it.

The VT1-535 is a low pressure kit that is extensively tested in 120+F heat with no issues whatsover. In fact it is one of my favorite kits as it gives so much power with no headache and top build quality at a reasonable price point.

The warranty is valid for self installers, and this kit is actually very easy to install so anyone with basic wrenching skills can easily install it themselves.

The major difference between VT1 and VT2 is the intercooler system and boost pressure. Personally I find the VT1-535 more than quick enough.
How much do you think one would save by installing on their own then going to a shop for tuning. Rather than going for a shop for everything?
sensi09 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-27-2011, 11:06 PM   #10
Bart@AUTOcouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Bart@AUTOcouture's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 GT-R
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Fair Lawn, NJ

Posts: 4,120
iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to Bart@AUTOcouture
Quote:
Originally Posted by m33 View Post
1) IMO The M3 with a supercharger is a super car ! It puts a smile on your face every time you drive it ( i call it therapy )
2) It's a big difference from stock it's a totally different car .
3) i have never experienced any issues with my kit.
4) I personally would recommend getting a inter cooled kit ( power is more efficient & keeps temps down )
5) The difference in the ESS staged kits are Software, injectors , intercooler & pulley/boost .
6) I get my oil changes and services as i would with out the blower with out any problems ( I've went to 4 different dealer's with out any problems whatsoever )
7) They won't void your warranty just because they see a blower now if you came across a problem due to the blower that's a different story .......
8) Choose the Kit/company that best suits your needs "" Peaceful""
9) BBK is not really needed if your a spirited driver , now if you have a heavy foot then yeah get BBK ( although it's smart if you equally upgrade all levels on the car Power/Brakes/Suspension )
10) you said it yourself their is not one unhappy ESS SC'r owner ( problem free and that's with 150+ kits sold )

Good Luck on your Purchase
Never a dull answer from you broski
__________________
Installs|Service|Sales - BMW Master Tech on staff!
ESS, Akrapovic, Eisenmann, HRE, OEM BMW, Cobb and more!


15-01 Pollitt Drive #6 | Fair Lawn, NJ 07642 | P: 201.666.3500 | Bart@autocouturemotoring.com | Facebook | youTube
Bart@AUTOcouture is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-27-2011, 11:09 PM   #11
AJ@ESS
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: E60 M5
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: USA

Posts: 199
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensi09 View Post
How much do you think one would save by installing on their own then going to a shop for tuning. Rather than going for a shop for everything?
750-1000 for VT1
AJ@ESS is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-27-2011, 11:16 PM   #12
m33
Banned
 
m33's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 VT650 MCB Individual
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CT

Posts: 2,697
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart@AUTOcouture View Post
Never a dull answer from you broski
Why thank you Bart
m33 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-28-2011, 03:19 AM   #13
phusion974
Lieutenant
 
phusion974's Avatar
 
Drives: OE Tuned C63
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: L.A.

Posts: 435
iTrader: (0)

Im not too familiar with the M3 SC kits but, I would definitely get the intercooled kit along with Water/Meth injection. This would GREATLY reduce heat.
phusion974 is offline   Armenia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-28-2011, 03:39 AM   #14
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
 
Eugene-TAIWAN's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Taiwan

Posts: 3,112
iTrader: (4)

if the price is not a huge difference get the kit will the cooler.
__________________

Past: Gintani stage3 M3
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6, 991C4S, i3 in September
Eugene-TAIWAN is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      01-28-2011, 03:51 AM   #15
biglare
******
 
Drives: ?
Join Date: May 2008
Location: ?

Posts: 3,134
iTrader: (3)

I have had the intercooled ESS S/C kit for over a year and have had no issues. I have tracked the car and the temps have been normal at all times. The reliability of this kit speaks volumes for its tuning, craftsmanship and design. It just works!

As for the dealer questions, I speak to the service manager before I take my car to a new dealer. After a quick conversation they let me know which service advisor to work with and then we are all set. I have had warranty work performed no problem.

... and the BBK. It would help, but it is not required. I mean if you track the car you will need to get some track pads for the stock brakes or a BBK would greatly help.

The added power in the car is just amazing! I have a smile ear to ear every time I drive it. When I give people rides they are amazed how fast the car is and how hard it pins them in the seat. I could not imagine my M3 without it now!

I would highly recommend the ESS S/C for your M3. I hope this helps!


biglare is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-28-2011, 03:54 AM   #16
Bob MG
Moderating
 
Bob MG's Avatar
 
Drives: like a muppet
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Vienna

Posts: 1,768
iTrader: (0)

Having a SC is like having your penis enlarged.

Would you like 2 inches or four mate???

535 < 600

Just get the 600 VT2 kit with the inter cooler. You wont be sorry.

I started with 575 and then upgraded virtually immediately to 600 since power is addictive and unless you have the most you can have you wont be happy for long.

If on the other hand you only have 8000, then its a money thing and we all understand.
Bob MG is offline   Greenland
0
Reply With Quote
      01-28-2011, 03:55 AM   #17
Bob MG
Moderating
 
Bob MG's Avatar
 
Drives: like a muppet
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Vienna

Posts: 1,768
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cleanm3 View Post
I would appreciate it if you spent more then 30 seconds on a reply post and answer the other questions.

Don't be so hard on AJ dude!! He is the one that does those special tunes if he really likes you!!
Bob MG is offline   Greenland
0
Reply With Quote
      01-28-2011, 07:35 AM   #18
Rshane
M-Flight Member
 
Rshane's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Tampa, FL

Posts: 1,086
iTrader: (0)

How dıffıcult would ıt be to upgrade from the 535 to the 575, and any ıdea of the cost?
__________________
2011 Le Mans Blue M3// Black extended Novillo w/ Blue Grey Aluminum trim/DCT/ZTP/ZCW/ZPP/ZCP Premium Sound ///Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust

2012 Le Mans Blue 135i M Pkg DCT
2013 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew
Rshane is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-28-2011, 08:14 AM   #19
AJ@ESS
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: E60 M5
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: USA

Posts: 199
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rshane View Post
How dıffıcult would ıt be to upgrade from the 535 to the 575, and any ıdea of the cost?
Quite easy: You replace the intake manifold, install the IC circuit, change pulley/belt and load new software. Around 5K in cost.

Personally I am a big VT1-535 fan, the kit is so simple to install and provides a massive power gain at reasonable cost. Since it is only 4.5PSI, and our SC air intake system is very efficient, heat development is not an issue at all.
AJ@ESS is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-28-2011, 09:11 AM   #20
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
 
Eugene-TAIWAN's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Taiwan

Posts: 3,112
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob MG View Post
Having a SC is like having your penis enlarged.

Would you like 2 inches or four

You really know how to put it down on paper
__________________

Past: Gintani stage3 M3
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6, 991C4S, i3 in September
Eugene-TAIWAN is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      01-28-2011, 09:45 AM   #21
chris s
Major General
 
chris s's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 e92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York

Posts: 5,362
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
Now I know how to sell it to the wife! Thanks!
__________________

2012 MR e92 M3 DCT, fully loaded... ESS VT2-625, Brembo 380, BBS FI's, Akra/Challenge Sport, KW Sleeve kit, Full OEM CF Interior
2008 e92 M3 Coupe 6MT | AW/BLK Extended...SOLD!
chris s is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-28-2011, 10:08 AM   #22
g2
New Member
 
Drives: E46,E85,E30
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Atlanta

Posts: 26
iTrader: (0)

Do the SC cars pass emission inspections with stock cats?

What about these high flow 100 cell cats?
g2 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:58 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST