BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
ESS Tuning
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-14-2010, 10:41 PM   #1
brandonwuwux3
Captain
United_States
22
Rep
703
Posts

 
Drives: Jet black E92 m3 DCT
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SOCAL 626

iTrader: (2)

got followed then pulled over today!

So i was driving down the street and i came across a motorcycle cop who had pulled someone over and i reached a red light. I then look in my mirror and see the cop let the guy go and runs to his motorcycle and starts to follow me. He folllows me for 5 blocks till he pulls me over and the first thing he says is "ive been looking for you for a while" as you know in a previous thread i have had complaints posted on my mailbox for my loud exhuast. So this officer tells me how neighbors and even businesses have been complaing and he mentions that a guy reported that i was doing 100+ on a street i mean really? 100 is REALLY fast i usually go aorund 40 on my streets but i guess my exhaust makes it seem like its double...so he says hes been searching for this "black bmw" in the area that has been terrorizing the neighborhood. He then gives me a lecture about driving fast and endangering other people, keep in mind i was not speeding and he is going on off other peoples complaints. so he then hands me a fix it ticket for my exhaust. sigh bad day!!

/endrant
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2010, 10:44 PM   #2
cmk227
Major
cmk227's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
1,333
Posts

 
Drives: Goal: ED on 2015 M6GC
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Irving, TX & Northern England

iTrader: (2)

F#$(*#(&$*( that sucks bro...

How are you planning on avoiding the cop know that he knows where you live?
__________________

14 Lexus GX460 & 14 Lexus ES300H
14 BMW 528d Touring Estate - UK
Previous M's: 11 BMW M3 JZB ZCP 6MT, 02 BMW M3 Conv 6MT & 02 BMW M3 Coupe 6MT
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2010, 10:48 PM   #3
brandonwuwux3
Captain
United_States
22
Rep
703
Posts

 
Drives: Jet black E92 m3 DCT
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SOCAL 626

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk227 View Post
F#$(*#(&$*( that sucks bro...

How are you planning on avoiding the cop know that he knows where you live?
he wasnt even near my house he got lucky and spotted me leaving from KFC and started following me! he said hes been wanting to find me for a while...thats pretty creepy, and are they allowed to say that??
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2010, 10:56 PM   #4
cmk227
Major
cmk227's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
1,333
Posts

 
Drives: Goal: ED on 2015 M6GC
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Irving, TX & Northern England

iTrader: (2)

It call profiling... Take it to court.

How many dark color M3 are sold in California Alone?
Do you have any speeding tickets? If no than what are the chances of a police officer pulling you over if you normally speed over 100 mph on the road... The chances are that it is another M3 driver that is driving like crazy...
3. Ignore the fix it ticket...
__________________

14 Lexus GX460 & 14 Lexus ES300H
14 BMW 528d Touring Estate - UK
Previous M's: 11 BMW M3 JZB ZCP 6MT, 02 BMW M3 Conv 6MT & 02 BMW M3 Coupe 6MT
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2010, 11:00 PM   #5
M3maniac20
Captain
M3maniac20's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
651
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 BMW 335is Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Austin, Texas

iTrader: (0)

Wow...just wow...
people need to get over themselves.
I would just ask him where is proof was. Since he had no license plate number to go off of and just a "black BMW" is total BS. That brings in every model of BMW that could have that exhaust. I would take that to court so fast. Is your exhaust in the legal limit of db's?
__________________
2011.5 M3 Coupe ZCP
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2010, 11:04 PM   #6
brandonwuwux3
Captain
United_States
22
Rep
703
Posts

 
Drives: Jet black E92 m3 DCT
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SOCAL 626

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk227 View Post
It call profiling... Take it to court.

How many dark color M3 are sold in California Alone?
Do you have any speeding tickets? If no than what are the chances of a police officer pulling you over if you normally speed over 100 mph on the road... The chances are that it is another M3 driver that is driving like crazy...
3. Ignore the fix it ticket...
i do have one in the last month for 40 in a 25...and is profiling illegal??
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2010, 11:05 PM   #7
brandonwuwux3
Captain
United_States
22
Rep
703
Posts

 
Drives: Jet black E92 m3 DCT
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SOCAL 626

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3maniac20 View Post
Wow...just wow...
people need to get over themselves.
I would just ask him where is proof was. Since he had no license plate number to go off of and just a "black BMW" is total BS. That brings in every model of BMW that could have that exhaust. I would take that to court so fast. Is your exhaust in the legal limit of db's?
my exhaust would probably be as loud as an catless gintani? LOL so no not legal :/ i have secondary cat and resonator removed with a custom muffler which is very small and light weight
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2010, 11:18 PM   #8
M3maniac20
Captain
M3maniac20's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
651
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 BMW 335is Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Austin, Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwuwux3 View Post
my exhaust would probably be as loud as an catless gintani? LOL so no not legal :/ i have secondary cat and resonator removed with a custom muffler which is very small and light weight
hahah well if its illegal theres not much to be defended. But that cop is still way out of line. I would still take it to court and report the cop. 1-cops really aren't allowed to follow and for him following you that long is pretty obnoxious. 2-the entire fact that he was going off of what everyone is saying is total BS-there is no proof.
__________________
2011.5 M3 Coupe ZCP
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2010, 11:21 PM   #9
FruitCake
Banned
Taiwan
38
Rep
1,680
Posts

 
Drives: '10 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (19)

maybe ur exhaust really is too loud
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2010, 11:27 PM   #10
tmqb
New Member
0
Rep
18
Posts

 
Drives: E92 AW BMW/Audi A5
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: DFW, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3maniac20 View Post
hahah well if its illegal theres not much to be defended. But that cop is still way out of line. I would still take it to court and report the cop. 1-cops really aren't allowed to follow and for him following you that long is pretty obnoxious. 2-the entire fact that he was going off of what everyone is saying is total BS-there is no proof.
1. why aren't cops allowed to follow? is there law against that? Obviously cop's pc was loud exhaust, that's why he followed OP for 5 blocks before pulling him over..

2. yes he was going off on what everyone was saying, but if you have enough complaints regarding same color/model vehicle creating loud noise, cops can patrol that particular area for that problem vehicle and pull it over to investigate. Again cop did not write him for going 100mph because he did not witness that, but just for loud exhaust noise...

Last edited by tmqb; 12-14-2010 at 11:46 PM.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2010, 11:43 PM   #11
brandonwuwux3
Captain
United_States
22
Rep
703
Posts

 
Drives: Jet black E92 m3 DCT
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SOCAL 626

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitCake View Post
maybe ur exhaust really is too loud
yea true it is quite loud..
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2010, 11:54 PM   #12
M3maniac20
Captain
M3maniac20's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
651
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 BMW 335is Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Austin, Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmqb View Post
1. why aren't cops allowed to follow? is there law against that? Obviously cop's pc was loud exhaust, that's why he followed OP for 5 blocks before pulling him over..

2. yes he was going off on what everyone was saying, but if you have enough complaints regarding same color/model vehicle creating loud noise, cops can patrol that particular area for that problem vehicle and pull it over to investigate. Again cop did not write him for going 100mph because he did not witness that, but just for loud exhaust noise...
1) I am partially wrong on that. They have to have some sort of reason for following you-and in this case that would be the exhaust. But unless he had a decibel meter with him, how could he write the ticket for that unless he just automatically knows? But I don't know all of the details on this or have heard the exhaust myself to make any firm judgments.
The whole situation is rough.
__________________
2011.5 M3 Coupe ZCP
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2010, 12:07 AM   #13
emthreeboy
Captain
emthreeboy's Avatar
15
Rep
918
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 & E46 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: socal

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3maniac20 View Post
1) I am partially wrong on that. They have to have some sort of reason for following you-and in this case that would be the exhaust. But unless he had a decibel meter with him, how could he write the ticket for that unless he just automatically knows? But I don't know all of the details on this or have heard the exhaust myself to make any firm judgments.
The whole situation is rough.
Obviosuly don't know do much about socal cops, if you were to tell him, but sir, how can you write me a fix it ticket for my exhaust? You don't have your db-meter on you, he'd probably just laugh at you!
__________________
-09 e92 SPACE GRAY/// m3 w/ m-dct!

-06 E46 JET BLACK/// m3 6MT!
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2010, 12:08 AM   #14
tmqb
New Member
0
Rep
18
Posts

 
Drives: E92 AW BMW/Audi A5
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: DFW, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3maniac20 View Post
1) I am partially wrong on that. They have to have some sort of reason for following you-and in this case that would be the exhaust. But unless he had a decibel meter with him, how could he write the ticket for that unless he just automatically knows? But I don't know all of the details on this or have heard the exhaust myself to make any firm judgments.
The whole situation is rough.
really? are you still stating that they HAVE to have some sort of reason for following you? WRONG!

cops do not need any reason to follow someone(but most case they do see an offense when they start follow someone and find a safe spot to pull them over)... but they can follow someone all they want, why?

because anyone can follow you if they want to, is there a law against that.? nope.. unless you find law stating that its illegal to follow random veh, prove it to me..
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2010, 12:13 AM   #15
GOLFFRR
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
GOLFFRR's Avatar
276
Rep
17,376
Posts


 
Drives: Golf Cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Solvang, CA/Camarillo, CA

iTrader: (4)

sounds like your neighbors or neighbor has been prob calling non stop complaining. usually the cops require the person or persons who are having the issue sign the complaint as well, so if you see any cops outside any of their houses it could be connected. sorry to hear that man you better get it fixed asap bc im sure the person who turned you in has nothing better to do then to turn you in again.
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL US FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Need a quote or assistance from David? GO HERE-->bmwdavid@icloud.com or 202-262-2900
David's ED special ALL M cars-->http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1042739
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2010, 12:28 AM   #16
///Mmmm Good
Private
///Mmmm Good's Avatar
0
Rep
99
Posts

 
Drives: 2002 330i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: UT

iTrader: (0)

Being in law enforcement I can tell you that in the state I live your muffler can't exceed a certain noise level and that hearing it alone is enough to cite you for it. Sorry bro
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2010, 12:35 AM   #17
richardbb85
Major
26
Rep
1,467
Posts

 
Drives: e92 m3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: annandale, va

iTrader: (0)

i have a much better cop story, lol
__________________
2011 E92 Space Grey/black + Tech + Premi + Heated Seats
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2010, 12:37 AM   #18
FruitCake
Banned
Taiwan
38
Rep
1,680
Posts

 
Drives: '10 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwuwux3 View Post
yea true it is quite loud..
then why you complaining that you got a ticket for it?
its like someone bitching when a CHP gave u a ticket for speeding
wouldn't you be annoyed if you're at home enjoying time with your family when some 370Z or some classic mustang with an equally loud exhaust, M3 drivers would prob think "how obnoxious/rice", but "regular" ppl see BMW's with loud exhaust and think the same thing, "how obnoxious". please don't add to the stereotype blaring ur exhaust around, its just a 3 series


:grouphug:
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2010, 12:51 AM   #19
track_warrior
Captain
track_warrior's Avatar
United_States
16
Rep
700
Posts

 
Drives: F-31 328d M-Performance
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Antonio, TX

iTrader: (1)

I honestly hate your neighbors!! Fcking sissies!!
__________________
l 2014 F31 328d X-drive M-sport l 2014 F30 328d M-Sport l BMW F-800 GSA l 1997 E-420 Sport l 2014 Touareg Tdi Armoured Level B5 l


Compensating a heavy car with horsepower is like giving an alcoholic cocaine to sober him up...
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2010, 12:57 AM   #20
SlamMan
Captain
SlamMan's Avatar
United_States
44
Rep
796
Posts

 
Drives: ED 5/19/2010, Interlagos E90
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Denver, 303

iTrader: (1)

Annoying, but it looks like you're on the wrong side of the law on this one. You'll have to fix the exhaust of course. I wouldn't give a shit about what some pain in the ass neighbor, or the cop they tattled to, thinks. Now, if someone is driving around the neighborhood like a jerk-off then they probably should be warned.
__________________
I play real sports. Not tryin' to be the best at exercising. - Kenny Powers
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2010, 01:02 AM   #21
1MORELAP
Captain
1MORELAP's Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
616
Posts

 
Drives: '13 Audi S4
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Issaquah, WA

iTrader: (0)

There is an exhaust out there that comes with a switch. Maybe its time to pay up. Secondly, I assume that $300 and a lawyer can get you off...
__________________
I apologize for spelling mistakes up front, they are a result of multitasking.

Appreciate 0
      12-15-2010, 01:20 AM   #22
farbarg
First Lieutenant
8
Rep
311
Posts

 
Drives: SSII e90
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitCake View Post
then why you complaining that you got a ticket for it?
its like someone bitching when a CHP gave u a ticket for speeding
wouldn't you be annoyed if you're at home enjoying time with your family when some 370Z or some classic mustang with an equally loud exhaust, M3 drivers would prob think "how obnoxious/rice", but "regular" ppl see BMW's with loud exhaust and think the same thing, "how obnoxious". please don't add to the stereotype blaring ur exhaust around, its just a 3 series
:grouphug:
Yeah, gotta agree with this. I *hate* noise around the home. Leaf blowers / Harley's / grapefruit pipes hanging off accords / Ferrari's revving their engines. Well, the last doesn't happen, but it'd still piss me off in evening.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:38 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST