BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
Lux Angel Eyes
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-08-2007, 05:26 PM   #23
esquire
Colonel
 
esquire's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 Dakar Yellow M3 Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orange County, California

Posts: 2,800
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorM3 View Post
Sinner, please forgive me (no pun intended) if I took your post the wrong way, but you asked for opinions and I have 2 responses for you. Please refer to opinion #1 if I understood your post correctly (my thoughts being, that you are a Troll). If that is not the case then refer to opinion #2 (my thoughts being; here is a guy who simply wants a little help making an informed decision on what could potentially be a 70k purchase)

Opinion #1 You make me sick (don't take it personally, I've been lurking on this board for quite some time now and you aren't the only one to post such inane drivel, your post just happened to be the one that garnered a response) My opinion as to where and on what you spend your money should be of absolutely no consequence to you (unless I volunteered to buy the car for you...which isn't going to happen). I feel that you (and you ilk) are truly very indecisive people with little or no confidence or self esteem and rely, to a great extent, on the car you drive to make up for your perceived shortcomings as an individual. Some people have a very negative opinion concerning BMW owners and I believe it because of people like you. I saw the spy pics, I saw the concept, and I decided that I would have one in my garage...period. I don't care if it's not "exclusive", I don't care if it "turns heads", I want what I want, I deserve it and I will have it. This is not a "flame" because you talked "bad" about the M3. This is me getting sick and tired of adults refusing to make informed choices for themselves. It's simple...if you don't want to buy one...don't!!! You don't owe me or anyone else here an explanation as to why you decided not to make the purchase and nothing we can say will (or it shouldn't) change your mind.

Opinion #2 I completely understand. There are a number of vehicles in the 70k price range that would be viable M3 alternatives. I donít know your personal situation (wife, kids, income etc.) But I realize that there could be a lot of factors affecting your decision. My advice to you would be to make the decision that is right for you and your situation. Buy what makes you happy Sinner, for me the E92 M3 is the way to go!
uhmmm... bi-polar any?
__________________

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
esquire is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2007, 05:43 PM   #24
GatorM3
Registered
 
GatorM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 BMW X5 4.8
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia

Posts: 2
iTrader: (0)

Sorry Esquire

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
uhmmm... bi-polar any?

LOL I'm sorry my very first post to this forum had to be what it was. Just got a little fed up with the "help me decide how to spend my money and make me feel good about my decision to do so" crowd.
GatorM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2007, 07:07 PM   #25
sinner
New Member
 
Drives: 2001 S2000
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Wilmington, DE

Posts: 11
iTrader: (0)

Wow, that's one helluva response lol. I'm not trolling. I'm a member of several other forums, s2ki being the primary one. I'm really just having a difficult time deciding, and the fact that I can't test drive the new M for another year makes the decision that much more difficult. I don't need anyone to make up my mind for me. This forum is meant for like minded people and enthusiasts to discuss cars. That's what I'm doing, good or bad. Let me ask you this question. What price would the M have to be for you to write it off as an option? How much do you thinjk is too much for this car? I'm in no way putting the car down. As I said earlier, I think it will be amazing. But there has to be some cost justification. $70k is infringing on alot of other "performance" typr cars, and I'm not one to buy a car just because it has a BMW emblem on it. I mean for gods sake, the NSX is technically a Honda and it's one that I'm considering.
sinner is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2007, 08:02 PM   #26
chitown08
Second Lieutenant
 
chitown08's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Chicago

Posts: 277
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to chitown08
i'm not gonna call you a troll, but you keep comparing a 70k fully loaded M3 to other used alternatives...

everyone knows the main competitors at this price, and the M3 is not unreasonable compared to offerings from audi, mb, and porsche.

if you have a complex about being exclusive, and you think M3's are 'everywhere' then why are you even asking this question.

finally, if this is a weekend 'fun' car, then get an elise or something. the M3 is meant to be much more practical.
chitown08 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2007, 12:26 PM   #27
x bmw
Registered
 
Drives: nissan 350z turbo
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: south africa

Posts: 2
iTrader: (0)

I has an m3 e46, how many of you had one? Like I said it handles well, but not that great. bmw owners love to say that their cars are great track cars because they are slower than the competition( I hear it all the time) I drive my cars on the road and race on the road, unlike most bmw owners who only supposedly drive on the track. If I wanted a great track car I would not buy an M3. My choices would be noble, skuline gtr or elise. Most of you have never driven these cars so dont know what they are all about.
Anyway, I am glad I cancelled my order but You guys enjoy your new M3.

BTW, I owned many bmw's in the past including 4 e46. I just think they l;ost the plot when they made their cars slower than the competition. Its all about bragging rights, and who said that you cant have the fastest and the best handling.
Doug likes bmw check out http://www.supercars.net/PitLane?vie...10073&bottom=0 then tell me how great they handle. Check out the times for your 330ci.

I have said what I wanted to say and since I cancelled my order I will leave you guys to dream about the most anticipated and fastest car in the world.
x bmw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2007, 12:52 PM   #28
Mii
First Lieutenant
 
Mii's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: US

Posts: 371
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ase2dais View Post
I intend to get one but not at this point:
- maybe to get the 2-3rd year model so the bugs are surely worked out
- have a first buyer take the first year depreciation hits
- dealers will not discount them yet anyway
- still quite happy with the v6 e46 /M
- the v8 /M will be good 2nd car and not a my DD
$70k is too much as an estimate for these car, high 50s- low 60s IMO.
Not to mention first year model may not come with LED tail light initially and other upgraded stuff until production roll into second year as how BMW usually did on most of its line up. Savvy BMW shopper who purchase several BMWs in the past knew the tactic, never buy above MSRP.
Mii is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2007, 01:52 PM   #29
Robert
Major General
 
Drives: 135i, current is350
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Socal

Posts: 6,898
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner View Post
Wow, that's one helluva response lol. I'm not trolling. I'm a member of several other forums, s2ki being the primary one. I'm really just having a difficult time deciding, and the fact that I can't test drive the new M for another year makes the decision that much more difficult. I don't need anyone to make up my mind for me. This forum is meant for like minded people and enthusiasts to discuss cars. That's what I'm doing, good or bad. Let me ask you this question. What price would the M have to be for you to write it off as an option? How much do you thinjk is too much for this car? I'm in no way putting the car down. As I said earlier, I think it will be amazing. But there has to be some cost justification. $70k is infringing on alot of other "performance" typr cars, and I'm not one to buy a car just because it has a BMW emblem on it. I mean for gods sake, the NSX is technically a Honda and it's one that I'm considering.
If you are having second thoughts I suggest you to reevaluate. You definately don't want to make a 70k dollar mistake. I am in the same boat with the similar shopping list. If it's exclusivity you seek then prepare to spend 100k and above. Elise is a very nice track car but I can't imagine commuting in year on a daily basis, but if you want a track car I will definately buy that over the M. We will see whether 70k is worth it when the car is released.

Last edited by Robert; 04-09-2007 at 03:17 PM.
Robert is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2007, 01:59 PM   #30
M3onTwomps
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: '02 E46 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Sandbox

Posts: 319
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by x bmw View Post
I has an m3 e46, how many of you had one? Like I said it handles well, but not that great. bmw owners love to say that their cars are great track cars because they are slower than the competition( I hear it all the time) I drive my cars on the road and race on the road, unlike most bmw owners who only supposedly drive on the track. If I wanted a great track car I would not buy an M3. My choices would be noble, skuline gtr or elise. Most of you have never driven these cars so dont know what they are all about.
Anyway, I am glad I cancelled my order but You guys enjoy your new M3.

BTW, I owned many bmw's in the past including 4 e46. I just think they l;ost the plot when they made their cars slower than the competition. Its all about bragging rights, and who said that you cant have the fastest and the best handling.
Doug likes bmw check out http://www.supercars.net/PitLane?vie...10073&bottom=0 then tell me how great they handle. Check out the times for your 330ci.

I have said what I wanted to say and since I cancelled my order I will leave you guys to dream about the most anticipated and fastest car in the world.
Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
M3onTwomps is offline   Iraq
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2007, 02:59 PM   #31
bambam
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: VA

Posts: 39
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner View Post
I have a deposit on the new M but I'm starting to second guess the purchase. I've looked at a lot of different cars recently and had made up my mind on the M until the speculation started that the price for this car reasonably equipped would be close to 70k. Now I agree that this will be a badass car, but lacks alot of things compared to other cars in that price range including exclusivity. I've looked at NSX's (almost bought an 04), vipers, even a couple of early model F355's. Alot of other members have been comparing P- cars as well. Now I love the M line and all that it stands for. I think BMW is an innovative company and they make amazing cars, but lets call the M3 what it truly is. With all the name loyalty and heritage aside, it's a hopped up 3 series. You can even make the argument that the M3 to the 335 is what the EVO is to the lancer. Now I know I'll be flamed for this but I really think this is true. I do not think the E92 is a $70k car. The thing that made the E46 great was the amount of car that you could get with a pricetag starting under $50k. There's nothing exclusive about owning an M3. You see them on the road every day, and to someone who's not an enthusiast, it's just a bmw. The new E92 will shine for the first year, but once more are produced, I'm afraid that they'll be just like the E46. Let the flaming begin.
1. A brand new 2006 e46 M3 was close to 65K, so 70 is not much higher.
2. You have been considering cars such as vipers, etc? you are comparing apples to oranges. I'd advise to consider what kind of car do you really want? If you don't narrow your choices you will always be in this dilemma no matter what and you are just blaming it on price when truly you don't know what you want.
3. BMW is one of the few companies that completely redesigns their M cars. It is nothing like a 3 series.
bambam is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2007, 03:38 PM   #32
MI6
The World is Not Enough
 
MI6's Avatar
 
Drives: Aston DBS-R
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Skyfall

Posts: 1,054
iTrader: (0)

Hmmm, .......used NSX or F355, or something else used vs. New M3 V8...

Hmmmm............

Well here's the thing............the NSX and F355 are sooooooo yesterday....

You pull up in one of those and everyone knows you bought it second hand...lol

Look...........I say go for the "M".......Once you sit in it and DRIVE it you will want it.....to me IMHO nothing excites like an "M"....

If you want to spec it out to 70k or more that's your choice but for 65k it's untouchable..........I mean......... dude, a new, fully equipped 530i costs just as much..........!
MI6 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2007, 09:11 PM   #33
chitown08
Second Lieutenant
 
chitown08's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Chicago

Posts: 277
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to chitown08
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3onTwomps View Post
Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
haha, seriously
chitown08 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2007, 12:29 AM   #34
m3rxn
Daddy R
 
Drives: boosted Inline 6's
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Southern Cali

Posts: 815
iTrader: (0)

can't wait to see the real thing on the road!
__________________

15 F82 M4(on ship), YMB-6MT/ext Black Merino/carbon fiber/19"Black 437M/LEDs/HK
07 E90 335i, TiAg-ZPP/ZSP/step/AA FMIC/GIAC S1/Ar OC/Ar OCC/Forge DVs/BMW PE/Full M-tech OEM
04 E46 M3, TiAg-6MT/ VFE SC stage I/CDV delete/Beisan Sytems/F10 M5 shift knob
m3rxn is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2007, 01:18 AM   #35
Robert
Major General
 
Drives: 135i, current is350
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Socal

Posts: 6,898
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorM3 View Post
Opinion #1 You make me sick (don't take it personally, I've been lurking on this board for quite some time now and you aren't the only one to post such inane drivel, your post just happened to be the one that garnered a response) My opinion as to where and on what you spend your money should be of absolutely no consequence to you (unless I volunteered to buy the car for you...which isn't going to happen). I feel that you (and you ilk) are truly very indecisive people with little or no confidence or self esteem and rely, to a great extent, on the car you drive to make up for your perceived shortcomings as an individual. Some people have a very negative opinion concerning BMW owners and I believe it because of people like you. I saw the spy pics, I saw the concept, and I decided that I would have one in my garage...period. I don't care if it's not "exclusive", I don't care if it "turns heads", I want what I want, I deserve it and I will have it. This is not a "flame" because you talked "bad" about the M3. This is me getting sick and tired of adults refusing to make informed choices for themselves. It's simple...if you don't want to buy one...don't!!! You don't owe me or anyone else here an explanation as to why you decided not to make the purchase and nothing we can say will (or it shouldn't) change your mind.
I don't think sinner has really considered what he wants. Based from his criteria I believe he wants a head turning go-fast car at a good value regardless what it is. It's like having a Ford Lighting and M3 on the same shopping list.

Last edited by Robert; 04-10-2007 at 02:19 AM.
Robert is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST