BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

GTB Performance

11-23-2010, 07:35 PM   #89
kscarrol
Colonel

Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Excellent!! A lot of smiling faces in CA today and tomorrow...
kscarrol is offline   United_States
      11-23-2010, 08:20 PM   #90
geneatals
Ninja

Drives: 2011.5 E90 M3

so here's my day...

I arrive at my dealership,

Reworked the numbers including the holiday credit, even better deal....go to finance...sign all the papers, cut my check...

My CA comes to get me, M3 floor mats in hand, we walk out to thel ot to my car (forward facing in the parking stall), he give me the key fobs and I unlock the doors for him to put in my floormats. I stay at the the rear of the car, snap a quick pic of the badge (for a quick fb upload ) and then open the trunk to put my messenger bag in the trunk. I come around to the driver side, open the door....see the steering wheel and notice there are NO PADDLE SHIFTERS....I quickly look over to the center console and....IT'S A MANUAL.

So, I let my CA no I ordered 2 clutches not one....we go upstairs and check the order and build sheet. My order started out as a DCT but when another customer wanted to change his E90 M3 order from DCT to manual on the same day my order was put in (about 5 minutes apart) the production numbers got swapped and mine got manual and his got DCT....

So where does that leave me....currently my CA has located an almost exact build E90 M3 to mine locally...he's contacting them now to try and see if he can get that car for me (it has sunshades and heated seats, my order did not). The extra cost my dealer will eat if they can get this M3...if not...I'm putting in my order again and extending my lease E60 lease with the holiday credit getting factored into my cap cost...

will keep you guys posted.....
      11-23-2010, 08:23 PM   #91
Chowster
E60_to_E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by geneatals View Post
so here's my day...

I arrive at my dealership,

Reworked the numbers including the holiday credit, even better deal....go to finance...sign all the papers, cut my check...

My CA comes to get me, M3 floor mats in hand, we walk out to thel ot to my car (forward facing in the parking stall), he give me the key fobs and I unlock the doors for him to put in my floormats. I stay at the the rear of the car, snap a quick pic of the badge (for a quick fb upload ) and then open the trunk to put my messenger bag in the trunk. I come around to the driver side, open the door....see the steering wheel and notice there are NO PADDLE SHIFTERS....I quickly look over to the center console and....IT'S A MANUAL.

So, I let my CA no I ordered 2 clutches not one....we go upstairs and check the order and build sheet. My order started out as a DCT but when another customer wanted to change his E90 M3 order from DCT to manual on the same day my order was put in (about 5 minutes apart) the production numbers got swapped and mine got manual and his got DCT....

So where does that leave me....currently my CA has located an almost exact build E90 M3 to mine locally...he's contacting them now to try and see if he can get that car for me (it has sunshades and heated seats, my order did not). The extra cost my dealer will eat if they can get this M3...if not...I'm putting in my order again and extending my lease E60 lease with the holiday credit getting factored into my cap cost...

will keep you guys posted.....
^^^UNBELIEVABLE... I'm sure you had some choice words for the CA. Good luck with the local car!
Chowster is offline   Canada
      11-24-2010, 12:42 AM   #92
swhat
Lieutenant

Drives: '11 MW E92

that fking sucks huge balls! i'd be soo piss, but then again, i ordered the manual
      11-24-2010, 12:04 PM   #93
kikidots

Drives: 2008 328i

gene - that really really sucks. So much anticipation and then finding out it's not perfect, Oh man I would have been pissed! I hope they are able to get that other M3 for you and you don't have to re-order.
      11-24-2010, 11:55 PM   #94
meeksdigital

Drives: 2011 335d

TOOK DELIVERY TODAY AT 10AM!!! WOOHOOOTIE!!!

Pics to below. I'm loving my 335d!

Last edited by meeksdigital; 11-25-2010 at 01:32 AM. Reason: added pics
      11-25-2010, 12:05 AM   #95
meeksdigital

I'm gonna be receiving my shadow/black kidney grills soon - those will be the only mod that I'll be doing to the car any time soon

Last edited by meeksdigital; 11-25-2010 at 12:12 AM.
      11-25-2010, 06:47 PM   #96
Chowster
E60_to_E90

Nice colour combo Meeks!
Chowster is offline   Canada
      11-25-2010, 10:20 PM   #97
meeksdigital

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowster View Post
Nice colour combo Meeks!
Thanks!! I REALLY enjoy the saddle brown... VERY happy with my decision... it's beautiful with the Montego Blue!
      11-29-2010, 07:13 PM   #98
kikidots

Drives: 2008 328i

meeks, congrats again! Gorgeous car.
Here is mine, took delivery last Wednesday evening. So happy she is finally here!!
Needs tint tho!
Attached Images

12-03-2010, 11:29 AM   #99
swhat
Lieutenant

sigh...i am still waiting. anyone else waiting or have received their car?
      12-03-2010, 11:52 AM   #100
geneatals
Ninja

Drives: 2011.5 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikidots View Post
gene - that really really sucks. So much anticipation and then finding out it's not perfect, Oh man I would have been pissed! I hope they are able to get that other M3 for you and you don't have to re-order.
had to order a another one, none of the e90 m3's on the lot had the new combox (all were pre sept builds)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swhat View Post
sigh...i am still waiting. anyone else waiting or have received their car?
that seems a bit too long, have you talked to your CA? Is it stuck at the VPC or something?
      12-04-2010, 01:58 AM   #101
mikentosh
Enlisted Member

Drives: '11.5 E90 M3, '05 R53 Cooper S

I'm still waiting as well. Mine has been stuck at the VPC since 11/24. Nobody can tell me why either. I'm going down tomorrow to harass my CA into finding me some answers...
mikentosh is offline   United_States
      12-08-2010, 11:57 PM   #102
swhat
Lieutenant

hey mikentosh, where did you order your car from? i ordered mine from fremont and still haven't gotten the car yet either. maybe because i scratched my rims while doing ED. let me know if you got some answers from your CA.
      12-09-2010, 01:29 AM   #103
mikentosh
Enlisted Member

Drives: '11.5 E90 M3, '05 R53 Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by swhat View Post
hey mikentosh, where did you order your car from? i ordered mine from fremont and still haven't gotten the car yet either. maybe because i scratched my rims while doing ED. let me know if you got some answers from your CA.
Mine's ordered through Stevens Creek. I finally got answers as to what is happening. There is a problem in the wiring harness going to the passenger side mirror which is requiring a new harness...apparently this is going to take 3-4 weeks to get and install because the new ETA for arrival at my dealer is Dec 24!!!

I'm thinking this might be a new record for longest VPC wait ever.
mikentosh is offline   United_States
      12-09-2010, 06:13 PM   #104
swhat
Lieutenant

ouch...my CA just called. I am picking mine up today after work! btw...if your car is arriving christmas eve, can you pick it up on christmas eve? that would be an awesome christmas present.