BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications
 
ESS Tuning
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-30-2010, 12:23 PM   #23
LateBraking
Mezger. There is no substitute.
LateBraking's Avatar
United_States
64
Rep
3,880
Posts

 
Drives: Porsche 911
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Eastern Standard Time

iTrader: (27)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kWonM3 View Post
correct! because you need the right tools and machines to make the Polyurethane plastic lip. That's why you don't see alot of aftermarket parts are made of PU. They are mainly made of carbon fiber or FRP.

Fitment can be garantee; since they are going to make the prototype and mold on the actual M3 bumper. Fitment can be fixed and adjusts during the developing stages.

Non-Groupbuy will pay for the full price.
Thanks for the explanation, just runs counter to what I've normally experienced, where poly is much cheaper than CF. I like poly more personally, kinda sick and tired of CF overload, guess I could just paint the CF lip.

Not trying to be rude in any way, but I'm pretty sure everyone who has made a M3 lip has used an actual M3 bumper to make their lips, but that still never guaranteed fitment. If we could eventually get photos of the fitment of the first finalized products out, that would be great.

Lastly, I figured that non-group buy would pay for the full price, that's fairly clear to me. My question was, what is the non-group buy price? So, is it $850.00? $900.00? $1100?

Thanks in advance for your answers and efforts.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2010, 07:33 PM   #24
FruitCake
Banned
Taiwan
38
Rep
1,680
Posts

 
Drives: '10 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (19)

yea no thx
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2010, 11:27 PM   #25
shamoo
Captain
17
Rep
747
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3
Join Date: May 2010
Location: SoCal (Irvine & LA)

iTrader: (1)

Thanks for trying to put this together....but umm no thanks.

That price is on par with every other lip available (i.e.: too expensive for a lip in my opinion). Never really understood why lips for our cars are so expensive.
__________________
2008 E92 M3 | 2007 Honda S2000 | 2001 Honda S2000 | 1997 Turbo Integra
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2010, 05:14 PM   #26
Psylight
Brigadier General
Psylight's Avatar
Mexico
39
Rep
3,480
Posts

 
Drives: Teh Space Gray E92 M 6MT Scene
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Diamond Bar ,California

iTrader: (10)

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Psylight
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeJayKaying View Post
Thanks for the explanation, just runs counter to what I've normally experienced, where poly is much cheaper than CF. I like poly more personally, kinda sick and tired of CF overload, guess I could just paint the CF lip.

Not trying to be rude in any way, but I'm pretty sure everyone who has made a M3 lip has used an actual M3 bumper to make their lips, but that still never guaranteed fitment. If we could eventually get photos of the fitment of the first finalized products out, that would be great.

Lastly, I figured that non-group buy would pay for the full price, that's fairly clear to me. My question was, what is the non-group buy price? So, is it $850.00? $900.00? $1100?

Thanks in advance for your answers and efforts.

Quiet, just be the guinea pig.
__________________

The Ultimate Driving Scene
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2010, 08:32 PM   #27
FruitCake
Banned
Taiwan
38
Rep
1,680
Posts

 
Drives: '10 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamoo View Post
Thanks for trying to put this together....but umm no thanks.

That price is on par with every other lip available (i.e.: too expensive for a lip in my opinion). Never really understood why lips for our cars are so expensive.
cuz they think we're dumb and they wana make a raping
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2010, 12:00 PM   #28
kWonM3
Banned
2
Rep
54
Posts

 
Drives: ///M
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: e90post

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamoo View Post
Thanks for trying to put this together....but umm no thanks.

That price is on par with every other lip available (i.e.: too expensive for a lip in my opinion). Never really understood why lips for our cars are so expensive.


Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitCake View Post
cuz they think we're dumb and they wana make a raping

I guess we have to pay to play; but I don't want to spend $4000 on the OEM GTS lip.

Wonder how much other brands cost?

Vorsteiner Front Lip: $1346
Arkym Front Lip: $749
Challenge Front Lip: $1395
3D Studie, Hamann, ACS, etc: cost over $1300
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2010, 06:31 PM   #29
Kenyon
Lieutenant
10
Rep
441
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NYC / LA

iTrader: (13)

OP, you have to understand that this is a replica lip your guy is selling. Where is this company from? US? Asia? What kind of quality and fitment? The other lips you're comparing prices to are reputable companies that made they're own design and kits. In which their lips are replicated in Asia and sold by vendors such as JL Motoring in the price range of $300-500. To be honest that's the going price for replica lips. And I believe $4000 is the price for the GTR lip, not GTS

Last edited by Kenyon; 12-03-2010 at 10:08 PM.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2010, 10:01 PM   #30
Checkcaptain
Captain
Germany
40
Rep
995
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M3 E92
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to Checkcaptain Send a message via Skype™ to Checkcaptain
Here are the GTS and GT4 Lips compared. The GTS lip is PU, pretty heavy and not worth the money, the GT4 lip is a high end product and cost 2.890EUR as an OEM part. Due to the quality it is worth the money, but risk of damaging it is high.
Attached Images
         
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2010, 04:18 AM   #31
FruitCake
Banned
Taiwan
38
Rep
1,680
Posts

 
Drives: '10 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kWonM3 View Post
I guess we have to pay to play; but I don't want to spend $4000 on the OEM GTS lip.

Wonder how much other brands cost?

Vorsteiner Front Lip: $1346
Arkym Front Lip: $749
Challenge Front Lip: $1395
3D Studie, Hamann, ACS, etc: cost over $1300
yea but CF is CF

you're china made lip cost no more than the same ones made for any other car and because your target is this BMW demographic, you want to charge more because YOU CAN. But go ahead, Im sure some idiots will buy $150 lips for 10x the price.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2010, 05:34 AM   #32
ken@exoticstuning
ken@exoticstuning's Avatar
No_Country
44
Rep
478
Posts

 
Drives: E39 M5,E92 M3,Passat R36
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: HK,LA

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via MSN to ken@exoticstuning
How about our front lip ??

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...4.118307556743

Appreciate 0
      12-04-2010, 07:03 AM   #33
Checkcaptain
Captain
Germany
40
Rep
995
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M3 E92
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to Checkcaptain Send a message via Skype™ to Checkcaptain
Show some more pictures of the fitment and both side profiles...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken@exoticstuning View Post
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2010, 02:44 PM   #34
Locksmythe
Second Lieutenant
Locksmythe's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
213
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 e92 M3 AW/FR
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

nice but the e90 and e92 have different screw points for the lip, right?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2010, 10:51 PM   #35
e92_m3
Lieutenant Colonel
39
Rep
1,570
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 e92 m3
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bay Area, California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkcaptain View Post
Show some more pictures of the fitment and both side profiles...
+1!

Please show more side profile pics ken@exoticstuning!

Btw Checkcaptain,
Do you have pics of the GTS lip attached to an e90 or e92 m3? I know how it looks like on the orange GTS. I would really like to see the GTS lip on a different color m3.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2010, 12:28 AM   #36
bigjae1976
That's what she said...
bigjae1976's Avatar
84
Rep
5,651
Posts

 
Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Milwaukee, WI

iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.00]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken@exoticstuning View Post
I want something with brake ducts...more interested in this than the GTS lip if the splitter doesn't stick out as far and incorporates brake ducts.
__________________


Sponsored by Momentum BMW #593...We Bleed BMW BLUE!
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2010, 06:50 AM   #37
Checkcaptain
Captain
Germany
40
Rep
995
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M3 E92
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to Checkcaptain Send a message via Skype™ to Checkcaptain
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
I want something with brake ducts...more interested in this than the GTS lip if the splitter doesn't stick out as far and incorporates brake ducts.
I will have the right thing for you in a few days
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2010, 07:55 AM   #38
Jaypod
Brigadier General
Jaypod's Avatar
No_Country
64
Rep
4,962
Posts

 
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkcaptain View Post
I will have the right thing for you in a few days
Please keep me in the loop as well! interested in the same thing
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2010, 09:07 PM   #39
ee8
Private First Class
Portugal
3
Rep
148
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Portugal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [3.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken@exoticstuning View Post
Me like :cool!

More info please.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2010, 09:36 PM   #40
bbob
Second Lieutenant
bbob's Avatar
4
Rep
283
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 e90 328i, 2011 e92 m3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles/ Berkeley

iTrader: (1)

btw, isn't the challenger lip basically a replica of the GTS lip?!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2010, 05:24 AM   #41
ken@exoticstuning
ken@exoticstuning's Avatar
No_Country
44
Rep
478
Posts

 
Drives: E39 M5,E92 M3,Passat R36
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: HK,LA

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via MSN to ken@exoticstuning
Quote:
Originally Posted by e92_m3 View Post
+1!

Please show more side profile pics ken@exoticstuning!

Btw Checkcaptain,
Do you have pics of the GTS lip attached to an e90 or e92 m3? I know how it looks like on the orange GTS. I would really like to see the GTS lip on a different color m3.
Few more for you guys









Appreciate 0
      12-06-2010, 09:22 AM   #42
cipher5
cipher5's Avatar
United_States
53
Rep
2,801
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 535xi Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (10)

Looks like good fitment to me!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2010, 09:27 AM   #43
Checkcaptain
Captain
Germany
40
Rep
995
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M3 E92
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to Checkcaptain Send a message via Skype™ to Checkcaptain
For me it looks like photoshoped, except the one on the red bumper ?!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2010, 10:39 AM   #44
ee8
Private First Class
Portugal
3
Rep
148
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Portugal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [3.20]
Looks good to me and probably at a more reasonable price... so I hope...

I also like the fact that the lip follows through until the edge of the bumper...
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST