BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

ESS Tuning

10-08-2010, 10:48 PM   #45
chris s
Major General

Drives: 2012 e92 M3

That's my worst nightmare! Sorry to see it!

2012 MR e92 M3 DCT, fully loaded... ESS VT2-625, Brembo 380, BBS FI's, Akra/Challenge Sport, KW Sleeve kit, Full OEM CF Interior
2008 e92 M3 Coupe 6MT | AW/BLK Extended...SOLD!
      10-17-2010, 12:32 AM   #46
edlin303
Private

Drives: 2011 E90 M-DCT ZCP

Sorry for the late reply...here is the latest for anyone interested. I am also looking for a bit of feedback.

The adjuster put the initial quote at just shy of $10k. Here is what he said:

PDR for few dents in passenger side
New hood, roof, trunk lid, driver side doors.
Evaluate PDR for driver side pillar, but likely will need new rear quarter panel all the way through the front pillar.
New full wrap clear bra on hood and one headlight that was damaged.

I will be surprised if the $ doesn't go up by another 3-5k. Now for the questions.

There is one shop in Tucson that BMW sends their cars to. However, if anyone has stellar reviews of anyone who can work some real magic, I might look to drive it to CA or another nearby state for the work. If I am going up to 2 months without it, I don't mind a little drive to get it done right. LA/SD would be my top choice.

I also found out my new plan does not have rental coverage. I may have to find a $500 beater to buy to tide me over, but if anyone has any creative ideas on going about 2 months without a car, I am open to any ideas.

Next up I am going to find out how much the CF roof will be. I think I am sold on it if they are cutting up the car anyway. I just hope it is close to the same price. Has anyone here tried it out yet? Are you happy with it?
      10-17-2010, 12:08 PM   #47
Quisp
Does not play well with others

Drives: BMW

I live in the area and had to rent a car a few days ago. You may want to buy the beater. It seems that most of the Phoenix area rental cars were also hit by hail. Lost 35-45% of their fleet. They are getting $200 a day for a tiny economy car, then the added insurance coverage(if you get it), plus tax and fees and you bought a car by ther time you are done.
There are places that do monthly rentals for corporate type situations, maybe that wouldbe an option but rental cars are scarce right now and possibly for a little while yet.
If you take your car to a BMW dealership for the work wont they give you a loaner? If not maybe they can work it into the bill somewhere to help you out since you are going to be giving them a hefty insurance check for the work they do.
Good luck with your car, I hope you find a good place since it is a lot of major work.
      10-17-2010, 01:33 PM   #48
PKL
Colonel

Drives: 2011 335i

These pictures are heartbreaking. I hope it works out.
      10-18-2010, 10:29 AM   #49
Salespunk
First Lieutenant

Drives: Slow

Amato's in San Diego does fantastic work. Also you may want to rent a car in SD instead of Phoenix to avoid costs. Otherwise look for an old Honda or Toyota beater. Maybe an old Toyota truck that way you have some use for it long term. The other option is an old E30 that you can strip afterwards and make a dedicated track car.
      10-18-2010, 11:13 AM   #50
FredVMI
Second Lieutenant

Drives: E92 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by edlin303 View Post
Sorry for the late reply...here is the latest for anyone interested. I am also looking for a bit of feedback.

The adjuster put the initial quote at just shy of $10k. Here is what he said:

PDR for few dents in passenger side
New hood, roof, trunk lid, driver side doors.
Evaluate PDR for driver side pillar, but likely will need new rear quarter panel all the way through the front pillar.
New full wrap clear bra on hood and one headlight that was damaged.

I will be surprised if the $ doesn't go up by another 3-5k. Now for the questions.

There is one shop in Tucson that BMW sends their cars to. However, if anyone has stellar reviews of anyone who can work some real magic, I might look to drive it to CA or another nearby state for the work. If I am going up to 2 months without it, I don't mind a little drive to get it done right. LA/SD would be my top choice.

I also found out my new plan does not have rental coverage. I may have to find a $500 beater to buy to tide me over, but if anyone has any creative ideas on going about 2 months without a car, I am open to any ideas.

Next up I am going to find out how much the CF roof will be. I think I am sold on it if they are cutting up the car anyway. I just hope it is close to the same price. Has anyone here tried it out yet? Are you happy with it?
Advanced Auto Body does excellent work. I'm familiar with the shop in Chandler. The Chandler shop is a newer location with a modern building and excellent capabilities. Oh, and their receptionist is HOT (at least the last time I was in there). They also have shops in Tempe and Anthem. A link to their website is below. Good luck!

http://www.advancedautobodyinc.com/

Mods: /// Modular Concept 01s /// Meisterschaft Exhaust / Aero Shield / Carbon Tips /// Smoked Tails /// Matte Black Grills ///
FredVMI is offline   United_States
      12-04-2010, 07:44 PM   #51
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey

Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

What has happened with your car??? Is it fixed yet???
      12-04-2010, 08:21 PM   #52
kaykay
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP

Garage List
Those pictures made me sick!!!! That sucks, sorry for your inconvenience and pain!

But, you'll get the car good as new once they replace everything. From the looks of the adjusters repair estimates (hood, trunk, roof, doors, quarter panel, an a pillar) you're looking at a solid 4-6 weeks of repair - but they'll do it right.

Just make sure you go to the best shop you can, drive 100 miles if you have to but make sure you go to the best shop, BMW certified, etc.
'08 550i M-Sport, Carbon Black (Gone but not forgotten), '06 W211 E55 AMG (Gone, miss this animal),'01 E39 540i Sport
kaykay is offline   United_States
      12-04-2010, 11:35 PM   #53
SIIK2NR
Captain

Drives: AW E92 M3

Surprised the windshield didnt crack.
2004 AP2 S2000 - Sold
SIIK2NR is offline   South Korea