BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

VF Engineering

11-19-2010, 02:26 PM   #67
enricob
First Lieutenant

Drives: Bmw M3 e92

Evo driver was too aggressive, if he want to make the time next time i'd better race in VLN. Everyone can risk life itself not with the life of another person. In the early morning breifing Darren Langeveld said very clearly that to overtake a car everyone must wait a signal !! Another thing: the M3 driver have to move from the accident place because a lot of car came at a very fast speed. Three years ago I've seen in the same place a mortal accident with the same dynamic
      11-19-2010, 02:58 PM   #68
Crisp
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: E60 M5 6 Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by enricob View Post
Evo driver was too aggressive, if he want to make the time next time i'd better race in VLN. Everyone can risk life itself not with the life of another person. In the early morning breifing Darren Langeveld said very clearly that to overtake a car everyone must wait a signal !! Another thing: the M3 driver have to move from the accident place because a lot of car came at a very fast speed. Three years ago I've seen in the same place a mortal accident with the same dynamic
+1

http://www.destination-nurburgring.com/trackday/rules

Overtaking on the LEFT ONLY.
No overtaking around corners.
No overtaking without clear consent/signal from car in front.
      11-19-2010, 03:45 PM   #69
The HACK
Garland Operator 7G

Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2013 Veloster Turbo

You guys are saying let the M3 recuperate from his mistake...The M3 has already lost traction and at the point of impact, had the EVO not been there the M3 would have spun off the track. The M3 driver, by braking right in the middle of a turn, had no chance to recover from an impending spin. You can see it clearly in the video that prior to the EVO trying to make the best of the situation, the guy in the driver's seat in the M3 wasn't driving. He was merely a passenger.

That wasn't an attempt at correcting his line. He had braked in the middle of the turn, the weight had shifted enough where the rear wheel no longer has any traction, and the pitch of the car is already rotating above the center of mass PAST the maximum slip angle.
Then why do you have $3,000 worth of suspension mods on your car?
Quote:
-Overheard at the last B****rfest.
      11-19-2010, 04:15 PM   #70
saeedg48
Brigadier General

Drives: 12 CLS63 + 14 M6 C

the evo knew his shit but was going too fast for the people in front of him. Overtaking is a risk to begin with.

2008 M3 Sedan + TestPipes + Tune [sold]

2012 CLS63 AMG + P30 Performance Package
2014 M6 Coupe + AMS Downpipes + KW V3
saeedg48 is offline   Iran
      11-20-2010, 01:13 AM   #71
skierman64
Brigadier General

Drives: 2008 E92 Space Gray M3 & E36M3

Garage List
1998 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2008 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to skierman64
Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
You guys are saying let the M3 recuperate from his mistake...
No, we're saying the evo needed to slow down and not pass while the M3 was crossed up. If the Evo had slowed, it would have been a one car spin, not a 2 car collision.
      11-21-2010, 12:35 AM   #72
M3 Pilot
First Lieutenant

Drives: 13' E92 M3 Comp Pack

For those of you who haven't done enough Motorsport to know this.

1) If possible overtake on straights when safe to do so.

2) If you are Fast on straights Slow around corners, YOU ARE SLOW. Don't be a dick, let faster cars pass by letting off throttle on straights by indicating where you want them to pass.

3) Don't overtake around the corners unless indicated by driver.

Clearly in this case, M3 driver was the slower car/driver, did not watch for traffic and give way to Evo Driver.

Evo Driver should not have overtaken the M3 around the corner unless he received hand or light signals.

Direct Quote from Evo Driver, "Its a relatively common occurrence for drivers to move over to the right when I come up behind them. In this case the driver did just that - and if you know the track you'll know that he has moved completely off the line - as well as putting on his anchors. I assumed consent, clearly not....."

And that is why we don't overtake around the corners unless indicated by the driver.

By indicating either through hand or light signals, it means the driver acknowledges you are behind him and wants you to overtake him in the direction in which he points or intend to keep to allow a safe overtaking route.

This is not a race meet. It is a track day. There is no room for psychic activities on track days.
M3 Pilot is offline   Australia
      11-21-2010, 01:35 AM   #73
skierman64
Brigadier General

Drives: 2008 E92 Space Gray M3 & E36M3

Garage List
1998 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2008 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to skierman64
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Pilot View Post
For those of you who haven't done enough Motorsport to know this.

1) If possible overtake on straights when safe to do so.

2) If you are Fast on straights Slow around corners, YOU ARE SLOW. Don't be a dick, let faster cars pass by letting off throttle on straights by indicating where you want them to pass.

3) Don't overtake around the corners unless indicated by driver.

Clearly in this case, M3 driver was the slower car/driver, did not watch for traffic and give way to Evo Driver.

Evo Driver should not have overtaken the M3 around the corner unless he received hand or light signals.

Direct Quote from Evo Driver, "Its a relatively common occurrence for drivers to move over to the right when I come up behind them. In this case the driver did just that - and if you know the track you'll know that he has moved completely off the line - as well as putting on his anchors. I assumed consent, clearly not....."

And that is why we don't overtake around the corners unless indicated by the driver.

By indicating either through hand or light signals, it means the driver acknowledges you are behind him and wants you to overtake him in the direction in which he points or intend to keep to allow a safe overtaking route.

This is not a race meet. It is a track day. There is no room for psychic activities on track days.
Well said!