BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery
 
VF Engineering
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-19-2010, 02:26 PM   #67
enricob
First Lieutenant
 
enricob's Avatar
 
Drives: Bmw M3 e92
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Italy

Posts: 340
iTrader: (0)

Evo driver was too aggressive, if he want to make the time next time i'd better race in VLN. Everyone can risk life itself not with the life of another person. In the early morning breifing Darren Langeveld said very clearly that to overtake a car everyone must wait a signal !! Another thing: the M3 driver have to move from the accident place because a lot of car came at a very fast speed. Three years ago I've seen in the same place a mortal accident with the same dynamic
enricob is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2010, 02:58 PM   #68
Crisp
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Crisp's Avatar
 
Drives: E60 M5 6 Speed
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NYC

Posts: 1,525
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by enricob View Post
Evo driver was too aggressive, if he want to make the time next time i'd better race in VLN. Everyone can risk life itself not with the life of another person. In the early morning breifing Darren Langeveld said very clearly that to overtake a car everyone must wait a signal !! Another thing: the M3 driver have to move from the accident place because a lot of car came at a very fast speed. Three years ago I've seen in the same place a mortal accident with the same dynamic
+1


http://www.destination-nurburgring.com/trackday/rules

Overtaking on the LEFT ONLY.
No overtaking around corners.
No overtaking without clear consent/signal from car in front.
__________________
Past BMWs: 2009 E93 335i -2010 E60 535i -2008 E60 M5 - 2013 M3
Current BMWs:2008 E64 M6 - 2014 F30 320i
Crisp is offline   Albania
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2010, 03:45 PM   #69
The HACK
Garland Operator 7G
 
The HACK's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2013 Veloster Turbo
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Welcome to Jamaica have a nice day

Posts: 3,400
iTrader: (1)

You guys are saying let the M3 recuperate from his mistake...The M3 has already lost traction and at the point of impact, had the EVO not been there the M3 would have spun off the track. The M3 driver, by braking right in the middle of a turn, had no chance to recover from an impending spin. You can see it clearly in the video that prior to the EVO trying to make the best of the situation, the guy in the driver's seat in the M3 wasn't driving. He was merely a passenger.

That wasn't an attempt at correcting his line. He had braked in the middle of the turn, the weight had shifted enough where the rear wheel no longer has any traction, and the pitch of the car is already rotating above the center of mass PAST the maximum slip angle.
__________________
Quote:
No way I'd ever take my BMW to the track.
Quote:
Then why do you have $3,000 worth of suspension mods on your car?
Quote:
...
-Overheard at the last B****rfest.
The HACK is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2010, 04:15 PM   #70
saeedg48
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 12 CLS63 + 14 M6 C
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Unknown

Posts: 3,499
iTrader: (1)

the evo knew his shit but was going too fast for the people in front of him. Overtaking is a risk to begin with.
__________________


2008 M3 Sedan + TestPipes + Tune [sold]

2012 CLS63 AMG + P30 Performance Package
2014 M6 Coupe + AMS Downpipes + KW V3
saeedg48 is offline   Iran
0
Reply With Quote
      11-20-2010, 01:13 AM   #71
skierman64
Brigadier General
 
skierman64's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 Space Gray M3 & E36M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Greater St Louis Metro area

Posts: 3,068
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
1998 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2008 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to skierman64
Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
You guys are saying let the M3 recuperate from his mistake...
No, we're saying the evo needed to slow down and not pass while the M3 was crossed up. If the Evo had slowed, it would have been a one car spin, not a 2 car collision.
__________________
Get a professional motorsports full featured stopwatch app for your Blackberry here: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/19464
Invest Wisely...The best mod for your money?? BMWCCA high performance driver's school. The mod that lasts a lifetime and improves the performance of any car you drive
skierman64 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-21-2010, 12:35 AM   #72
M3 Pilot
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 13' E92 M3 Comp Pack
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Australia

Posts: 369
iTrader: (0)

For those of you who haven't done enough Motorsport to know this.

1) If possible overtake on straights when safe to do so.

2) If you are Fast on straights Slow around corners, YOU ARE SLOW. Don't be a dick, let faster cars pass by letting off throttle on straights by indicating where you want them to pass.

3) Don't overtake around the corners unless indicated by driver.

Clearly in this case, M3 driver was the slower car/driver, did not watch for traffic and give way to Evo Driver.

Evo Driver should not have overtaken the M3 around the corner unless he received hand or light signals.

Direct Quote from Evo Driver, "Its a relatively common occurrence for drivers to move over to the right when I come up behind them. In this case the driver did just that - and if you know the track you'll know that he has moved completely off the line - as well as putting on his anchors. I assumed consent, clearly not....."

And that is why we don't overtake around the corners unless indicated by the driver.

By indicating either through hand or light signals, it means the driver acknowledges you are behind him and wants you to overtake him in the direction in which he points or intend to keep to allow a safe overtaking route.

This is not a race meet. It is a track day. There is no room for psychic activities on track days.
M3 Pilot is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      11-21-2010, 01:35 AM   #73
skierman64
Brigadier General
 
skierman64's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 Space Gray M3 & E36M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Greater St Louis Metro area

Posts: 3,068
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
1998 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2008 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to skierman64
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Pilot View Post
For those of you who haven't done enough Motorsport to know this.

1) If possible overtake on straights when safe to do so.

2) If you are Fast on straights Slow around corners, YOU ARE SLOW. Don't be a dick, let faster cars pass by letting off throttle on straights by indicating where you want them to pass.

3) Don't overtake around the corners unless indicated by driver.

Clearly in this case, M3 driver was the slower car/driver, did not watch for traffic and give way to Evo Driver.

Evo Driver should not have overtaken the M3 around the corner unless he received hand or light signals.

Direct Quote from Evo Driver, "Its a relatively common occurrence for drivers to move over to the right when I come up behind them. In this case the driver did just that - and if you know the track you'll know that he has moved completely off the line - as well as putting on his anchors. I assumed consent, clearly not....."

And that is why we don't overtake around the corners unless indicated by the driver.

By indicating either through hand or light signals, it means the driver acknowledges you are behind him and wants you to overtake him in the direction in which he points or intend to keep to allow a safe overtaking route.

This is not a race meet. It is a track day. There is no room for psychic activities on track days.
Well said!
__________________
Get a professional motorsports full featured stopwatch app for your Blackberry here: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/19464
Invest Wisely...The best mod for your money?? BMWCCA high performance driver's school. The mod that lasts a lifetime and improves the performance of any car you drive
skierman64 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:28 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST