BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

GTB Performance

11-16-2010, 12:45 AM   #23
EJ_92606
Ultimate Driving Machine

Drives: '13 F10 550i; '11 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by skierman64 View Post
MDM does not learn your driving style or adjust the amount of intervention based on how you're driving.
Actually not true...you are right, it doesn't learn but certainly intervention is based on how you're driving...if not, what is it based on?
EJ_92606 is offline   United_States
      11-16-2010, 08:33 AM   #24
mkoesel

Drives: 2015 Felt IA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 424D57 View Post
Or just the stock M3 manual which has the automatic descriptions for "7 gear sport automatic transmission" as well.
Right, but the issue isn't whether he has DCT or not - he does (and I know it was a little confusing because he said "yes it is an M3 manual" - he meant the book, not the transmission). The issue is that this description:

"A car that has a "sport button" behind the shifting lever, a car that pushing the shifting lever to the left put it in a "sport mode", a car that if you leave it on manual mode without shifting for a while it goes back to "D"??? A car that has a button in the middle of the front middle vents says DTC on it and apparently it deactivated DSC and finally a car that has run flat tires!!!"

fits the 335is, not the M3. So if this is indeed coming from an M3 manual (booklet) then that's a mistake (a big one). This would not be a surprise - BMW (especially BMW NA) is notorious for letting such misinformation make it to print.

Quote:
That said, the M3 supplemental manual doesn't mention anything about learning behavior either.
Yeah I think we can safely conclude the guy who suggested that above was mistaken.
      11-16-2010, 08:40 AM   #25
sameh
Major

Drives: 2011 E92 M3 DCT JetBlk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 424D57 View Post
Or just the stock M3 manual which has the automatic descriptions for "7 gear sport automatic transmission" as well.

Right, but the issue isn't whether he has DCT or not - he does (and I know it was a little confusing because he said "yes it is an M3 manual" - he meant the book, not the transmission). The issue is that this description:

"A car that has a "sport button" behind the shifting lever, a car that pushing the shifting lever to the left put it in a "sport mode", a car that if you leave it on manual mode without shifting for a while it goes back to "D"??? A car that has a button in the middle of the front middle vents says DTC on it and apparently it deactivated DSC and finally a car that has run flat tires!!!"
You're right Mkoesel I do have DCT, and the book I have that you guys think it's a 335 book has a white M3 picture on the front page. And does have few things that are M3 specific as well like talking about the high performance V8 engine. It's very confusing. It has another routine for launch control that wants you to hold the brake with left foot while flooring it with right!!!
      11-16-2010, 11:28 AM   #26
424D57
Private

Drives: 2011.5 E92

Garage List
2011.5 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sameh View Post
You're right Mkoesel I do have DCT, and the book I have that you guys think it's a 335 book has a white M3 picture on the front page. And does have few things that are M3 specific as well like talking about the high performance V8 engine. It's very confusing. It has another routine for launch control that wants you to hold the brake with left foot while flooring it with right!!!
Yea this is what I was getting at - the "2011_M3series_ownersmanual_withidrive[1].pdf" from the my bmw site (again I don't know what comes with the car) has a bunch of total junk in it including that non-existent transmission and brake hold launch control. The "2011_M3seriessupplemental_ownsersmanual[1].pdf" listed seems to be more accurate. Looks like you can download without login from:

http://www.bmwusa.com/PDF_60532873-d...e206d504f.arox

-424D57