BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
Racewerkz Engineering
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-05-2010, 01:15 PM   #133
richard313
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: F10 535xi M-sport
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: 604

Posts: 330
iTrader: (0)

how much $ does it usually cost to bring in a M3 into Canada?
richard313 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-05-2010, 02:07 PM   #134
warden
Owning It
 
Drives: 2012 911 Carrera S
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 152
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard313 View Post
how much $ does it usually cost to bring in a M3 into Canada?
Varies by province: http://www.importcartocanada.info/to...ce-calculator/
warden is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-05-2010, 03:52 PM   #135
revol3m
New Member
 
Drives: Looking for a m3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada

Posts: 7
iTrader: (0)

In B.C we pay 6.1 % duty on cars that aren't made in north america. 5% Federal Goverment Tax and 7% Provincial goverment tax on cars' purchase price + Duty. $100 air conditioning tax, $200 something for regista of imported vehicles and around $150 for provincial inspection. BMW Canada wants $1000 for recall letter and warranty transfer stuff.
overall, we pay quite a bit to import the car, but it's still worth it because the price is cheaper and there are alot more cars to choose from in the south.
revol3m is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-05-2010, 04:10 PM   #136
WangTa
First Lieutenant
 
WangTa's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 SSII E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Maryland

Posts: 308
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to WangTa Send a message via MSN to WangTa
Am I crazy or is this too high?

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?paId=372296880

Looks nice, but an '08 with 15K miles for $50K+???
WangTa is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-05-2010, 04:26 PM   #137
WangTa
First Lieutenant
 
WangTa's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 SSII E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Maryland

Posts: 308
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to WangTa Send a message via MSN to WangTa
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
I got a loaded 08 E90 with 8K miles for 46k cash in June. Tell him he better have put at least $4k of cash in the trunk too. A good used car profit for a dealer should be about $500.

Keep offering the low $40s price +$500, offer it once a week or so, I bet you someone will bite after 2 weeks. But you have to be persistent and say the same offer every time, "that you're the same guy from last week and you have cash on hand to do the deal".
Mdosu - I'm guessing your $46K cash was before TTL? And sorry, but what does "$4k in cash in the trunk" mean?

And not quite sure I'm following you on the "$40s price +$500"?
WangTa is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-05-2010, 05:51 PM   #138
revol3m
New Member
 
Drives: Looking for a m3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada

Posts: 7
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WangTa View Post
Am I crazy or is this too high?

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?paId=372296880

Looks nice, but an '08 with 15K miles for $50K+???
It's a little high but it's certified which would worth 2-3k alone
revol3m is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-05-2010, 06:40 PM   #139
cohenfive
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 e92 m3 space grey dct
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: sf bay area

Posts: 258
iTrader: (0)

bought the following a week ago:

2011 e92 m3, space grey, dct, tech, prem, heated seats, premium audio, ipod/usb, etc. 2k miles, not a sign of use anywhere. also has a light tint on the windows and aftermarket tsw wheels with pzeros..plus i also have the oem 19s with conti tires. sticker was $74.3k, paid $62.5k. other buyers around might have paid more but the seller wanted a fast and painless cash transaction so i got the car. great buying experience, would highly recommend this high end dealer in the bay area.
cohenfive is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-05-2010, 07:13 PM   #140
ramyar
Member BMW CCA Los Angeles
 
ramyar's Avatar
 
Drives: 11.5 M3 Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 436
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW M5  [0.00]
Just ordered a 2011 M3 ZCP Sedan EVERY option (can't wait!!). Haggled with every dealer within 50 miles of me in socal and Drew Sebring at Rusnak in Thousand Oaks/Westlake Village gave me the most insane deal as usual. He's the sales manager there and has been taking good care of me and my entire family for the last 5 year. Hit him up and tell him RJ sent you.

BTW I'm in no way affiliated with Rusnak or getting a kick back for this. I just feel that when people are good and take care of you (a rare-ity in the car sales business), it's only right to be good right back at them. Besides it's win-win-win for everyone.
__________________
Current Rides:
2014 ///M5 ZCP

Much enjoyed:
2011.5 ///M3 Sedan || 2007 ///M Coupe || 2008 550i Sport || 2006 ///M3 ZCP || 2008 X3 3.0si || 2006 325i || 2003 Z4 3.0 Roadster || 2003 330ci || 2002 325i
ramyar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-05-2010, 07:27 PM   #141
mdosu
Banned
 
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 8,517
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WangTa View Post
Mdosu - I'm guessing your $46K cash was before TTL? And sorry, but what does "$4k in cash in the trunk" mean?

And not quite sure I'm following you on the "$40s price +$500"?
My $46k cash was before taxes and titling the car b/c I bought it out of state, but I walked out the dealership only playing $46k cash no more no less. I suggest negotiating the price as what you would walk out the door with, some dealers add in their own "processing" fees, negotiate it all together.

When I said "$4k in cash in the trunk", i meant it as a sarcastic joke saying if he gave you that car for that high price, he better have also included $4k of cash with it, or the price is $4k overvalued.

When i said "$40s price +$500", I meant offer the guy the low $40k price,the minimum price, and then add in $500 for dealer profit.
mdosu is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      11-05-2010, 11:25 PM   #142
cohenfive
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 e92 m3 space grey dct
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: sf bay area

Posts: 258
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramyar View Post
Just ordered a 2011 M3 ZCP Sedan EVERY option (can't wait!!). Haggled with every dealer within 50 miles of me in socal and Drew Sebring at Rusnak in Thousand Oaks/Westlake Village gave me the most insane deal as usual. He's the sales manager there and has been taking good care of me and my entire family for the last 5 year. Hit him up and tell him RJ sent you.

BTW I'm in no way affiliated with Rusnak or getting a kick back for this. I just feel that when people are good and take care of you (a rare-ity in the car sales business), it's only right to be good right back at them. Besides it's win-win-win for everyone.
so let's hear how insane your deal was!
cohenfive is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2010, 08:57 AM   #143
ramyar
Member BMW CCA Los Angeles
 
ramyar's Avatar
 
Drives: 11.5 M3 Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 436
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW M5  [0.00]
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohenfive View Post
so let's hear how insane your deal was!
I've promised him I wouldn't say the actual figure, but if anyone's in the market for this car you wouldn't go wrong at least giving him a shot. Let's just say that Valencia and Camarillo are doing a no-haggle $500 over invoice and Drew at Rusnak is doing much better -- this info you found on your own

Also, was considering SG before ordering my AW and he told me that he's got an SG on black w/ carbon (non-priority 1) coming mid-Dec if anyone's looking: Competition. Convenience. Premium 2. Double clutch. Moonroof. Heated seats. XM. Enhanced sound. So you might even be able to get a better deal on this since it's dealer inventory and not p1.
__________________
Current Rides:
2014 ///M5 ZCP

Much enjoyed:
2011.5 ///M3 Sedan || 2007 ///M Coupe || 2008 550i Sport || 2006 ///M3 ZCP || 2008 X3 3.0si || 2006 325i || 2003 Z4 3.0 Roadster || 2003 330ci || 2002 325i
ramyar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2010, 04:29 PM   #144
Marvelous
Private
 
Marvelous's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 m3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: California

Posts: 50
iTrader: (0)

purchased 8/10

09 E92 DCT. 10k miles. fully loaded.

cpo - $58k
Marvelous is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-08-2010, 02:24 PM   #145
src5tt
New Member
 
Drives: Honda Accord
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Washington DC

Posts: 5
iTrader: (0)

Been following these threads for a while now and they get more encouraging by the day. I'll be looking to pick up a low mileage 2008 E92 Sparkling Graphite this coming summer and hoping to see prices in the high 30's. What do you all think? Possible?

SRC5tt
src5tt is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-09-2010, 01:29 PM   #146
01'325rip
Captain
 
Drives: 08' E93 M3
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: miami

Posts: 685
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by src5tt View Post
Been following these threads for a while now and they get more encouraging by the day. I'll be looking to pick up a low mileage 2008 E92 Sparkling Graphite this coming summer and hoping to see prices in the high 30's. What do you all think? Possible?

SRC5tt
I have been following very close as well. If your looking at next summer i would say its possible. Price have been dropping, and a lot could happen within the next few months.

I always thought that prices were cheaper during the winter but i don't know how much truth that has.
01'325rip is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-09-2010, 07:03 PM   #147
Amar
New Member
 
Drives: Future owner of 2011 BMW M3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SoCal

Posts: 7
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramyar View Post
I've promised him I wouldn't say the actual figure, but if anyone's in the market for this car you wouldn't go wrong at least giving him a shot. Let's just say that Valencia and Camarillo are doing a no-haggle $500 over invoice and Drew at Rusnak is doing much better -- this info you found on your own

Also, was considering SG before ordering my AW and he told me that he's got an SG on black w/ carbon (non-priority 1) coming mid-Dec if anyone's looking: Competition. Convenience. Premium 2. Double clutch. Moonroof. Heated seats. XM. Enhanced sound. So you might even be able to get a better deal on this since it's dealer inventory and not p1.
I sent Rusnak an email on Sunday and they never got back to me with a price... Neither did 4 others out of 11 dealers which I contacted. Guess nobody wants to sell...
Amar is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-09-2010, 07:28 PM   #148
Jsnscot
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011.5 E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SoCal

Posts: 359
iTrader: (1)

Seems like no one wants to sell me an m3
Jsnscot is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-10-2010, 08:07 AM   #149
Gamoto
Private First Class
 
Drives: 08 E93 M3 6MT/13 335ix/ 13 X3/
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ohio

Posts: 183
iTrader: (0)

I bought a 2008 M3 Convertible from a exotic car dealer in Florida received it 10/23/2010
12,500 miles, 6 speed, Every option. Premium sound, Technology, Sport package, extended leather, 19" wheels, heated seats, etc. Jerez Black with Silver Novillo which is the color combo I wanted.

I paid the asking price of $54,900 but he gave me the full kelly blue book for my trade in. A 2004 Lexus SC 430 coupe with 68,800 miles. Without trade I think I could have got it for 53 or 53.5K

If you configure a 2011 on BMW website this car would list at 80k with only difference being updated I Drive.

I Love this car

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-...US_Cars_Trucks

Last edited by Gamoto; 11-10-2010 at 08:23 AM.
Gamoto is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-10-2010, 08:30 AM   #150
Dntlvet
Dntlvet
 
Dntlvet's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 M3 Sedan,13 GT-R BE,13 Pors
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wisconsin

Posts: 448
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WangTa View Post
Am I crazy or is this too high?

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?paId=372296880

Looks nice, but an '08 with 15K miles for $50K+???
My bet it's a buy back problem car.
Dntlvet is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-10-2010, 01:37 PM   #151
WangTa
First Lieutenant
 
WangTa's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 SSII E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Maryland

Posts: 308
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to WangTa Send a message via MSN to WangTa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dntlvet View Post
My bet it's a buy back problem car.
What does that mean?

Also, on interesting note - saw this on the WSJ today:

For Used Car Buyers, the Price May Not be Right

With the price of used cars at a 15-year high, many buyers may be better off buying new. WSJ's Joseph B. White reports.

http://online.wsj.com/video/for-used...BBF75D98E.html
WangTa is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-10-2010, 04:20 PM   #152
Scrappy
Private First Class
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Posts: 166
iTrader: (0)

How does this look?
http://www.carmax.com/enus/view-car/...3-564d3330fc40
Scrappy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-11-2010, 08:48 PM   #153
mdosu
Banned
 
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 8,517
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WangTa View Post
What does that mean?

Also, on interesting note - saw this on the WSJ today:

For Used Car Buyers, the Price May Not be Right

With the price of used cars at a 15-year high, many buyers may be better off buying new. WSJ's Joseph B. White reports.

http://online.wsj.com/video/for-used...BBF75D98E.html


uh....wtf is that guy saying? Dealers think the car's value will go up? He must be smoking crack, or he meant they're taking a hit on a trade in, and it may not be bad since the car's value wont' drop as fast...

Anyways, that article didn't say much. It's a big generalization and you can't really use his information to apply to a car in a niche market. All I know is in for my 08 model, 8k miles with a 67k sticker, I paid $46k excluding tax cash with no trade in June. Good deal for me.
mdosu is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      11-11-2010, 09:00 PM   #154
mdosu
Banned
 
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 8,517
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WangTa View Post
Am I crazy or is this too high?

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?paId=372296880

Looks nice, but an '08 with 15K miles for $50K+???
not good deal, too expensive by at least $5 dollars.
mdosu is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:41 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST