BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-03-2007, 07:40 PM   #23
scottwww
Brigadier General
 
scottwww's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA

Posts: 4,759
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
Yep, and SH was known to have piles of WMD...
I'd much rather have the bum off the street speak for our foreign policy than the empty headed warrior in the WH...

I thought that Iran was one of 3 "axis of evil", but then Bush's admin proposed to tal to them on Iraq issue... What the current admin actually wants???? Doo they know? Do YOU know?

Reasonable bill???
The whole country (at least the majority), the whole world wants us out of Iraq, and the Congress wanted that to be "signed", and we've seen what happened.

Our Gov't system is not going to work until they realize that we're one country, NOT two parties, and that they should work for US, not for their parties. We need an UNITER in the WH, not the divider that already have...

We definitely need a FRESH (and smart) start, otherwise...
Otherwise this will drag forever -- fear, threat, terror activity against us, tecnology, infrastructure and other stuff simply stagnant. I mentioned many times that 15 years ago (when I first started traveling to Asia), the US was way ahead of (most) of them with the infrastructure, transportation, cellular infrastructure...everything. Now, we're way, way, way behind. The reason is that in the past 6 years we've done nothing -- just a huge division and terror talks...
So often you say we need George W. Bush out of the White House. Tell us what you are proposing?

It is a moot point if you have no plan other than what is already a done deal.

George W. Bush will retire from the White House when the next president is sworn into the office of president in January of 2009. There is nothing you can do to move that timetable by talking how you want him out of the White House. Unless you have some plan.

So, what is it dr325i? What is your plan? Unless you are going to talk about that plan you might as well drop it.

Talk about who you want in there instead.

Let's hear it. Who do you want in the White House in 2009? And "anyone would do" is not an answer. Endorse a candidate or at least some specific people with support for your argument. If you can't do this, then your argument is worthless.
__________________
2007 BMW 335i E92, Montego Blue on Cream Beige, MT, ZSP, ZPP, CA, PDC, CWP and Style 188 for winter

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
scottwww is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2007, 07:48 PM   #24
scottwww
Brigadier General
 
scottwww's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA

Posts: 4,759
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
yep, agree...only, and ONLY the current admin is right and all they have ever done is justified and correct...
That is why they swept the senate and the house...people love their ideas... But I guess, I'm the only "illusional" one...

See ya in 20 years...(let me see how to say that in Chinese...or Indian...)
You are not just illusional. You are delusional. Nancy Pelosi received how many votes?

Pelosi represents an extremely left-wing representative district in one of our most liberal states. They are whom she represents. She does not represent me or any other district of voters. She has no right to make a vain attempt at foreign policy. She is not a patriot. She is a traitor. She is working for foreign interests over the interests of the United States. She should be removed from office. That is what we need.
__________________
2007 BMW 335i E92, Montego Blue on Cream Beige, MT, ZSP, ZPP, CA, PDC, CWP and Style 188 for winter

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto

Last edited by scottwww; 04-03-2007 at 08:08 PM. Reason: spelling
scottwww is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2007, 08:00 PM   #25
scottwww
Brigadier General
 
scottwww's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA

Posts: 4,759
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Pelosi receive 104.437 votes. That was her TOTAL number of votes received.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...s/2006/ca.html

This does not qualify her to represent the nation. It is not her position, and she is doing all she can to undermine those who do have the position and the responsibility. This is next to treasonous.
__________________
2007 BMW 335i E92, Montego Blue on Cream Beige, MT, ZSP, ZPP, CA, PDC, CWP and Style 188 for winter

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
scottwww is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2007, 08:23 PM   #26
dr335is
Brigadier General
 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 4,973
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
Pelosi receive 104.437 votes. That was her TOTAL number of votes received.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...s/2006/ca.html

This does not qualify her to represent the nation. It is not her position, and she is doing all she can to undermine those who do have the position and the responsibility. This is next to treasonous.
That is such a narrow minded comment...
W received 50 Mil out of 300 mil, so who gives him right to represent 250 million (including myself).
Remember, he lost the majority vote in 2000, so...
They are all elected politicians -- and I may dislike Bush, but he is the representative of my country and (in my eyes) nothing else. Nothing!
Unfortunately, when you have the representative of 300M people like W is, then the rating of the whole country goes down the drain. It is proven over the past 6 years...no doubt about that. None...

As to your previous question -- replacement...
Well, we almost forced Clinton out of the office for much, much much smaller "sin" that broke one or two hearts and just about that. This liar caused over a 1/2 million deaths in last 5 years.

Who would I like to see in the office instead of him? Anyone, including my 5-year-old would be a better representative and would bring some pride and honor back to this country.

On a serious note, the next President -- so far I have no favorites, hopefully next two years will make someone "real" surface...
dr335is is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2007, 08:45 PM   #27
Call
Call
 
Call's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 135i, 08 & 07 X5, 05 MCSC
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Gainesville, GA

Posts: 678
iTrader: (0)

I never mind someone who is willing to set down and have a rational discuss. They don't even have to agree with me. Just come to the table with facts...we can disagree with postions but you can not argue the facts. Why sit down and disagree with someone when you have no facts to bring to the table?

No proof has every been provided by anyone...that means either Democrat or Republican or dishwasher...that Bush lied. He has been accused of doing so but no facts, just the oppositions dreams. He has been accused of benefiting personally from the war...no facts, again the oppositions dreams.
He has been accused of being a divider, no facts, just oppositions dreams. What has the opposition offered to unify the country other than to oppose anything offered by the present administration. No answers from the Democratic side.

Now, if you want to have an intelligent conversation let's talk facts not dreams. I'm ready to set down and talk with you and I can bring whatever needs to be brought to the table. What will you bring?

As to Madam Speaker, she has no constitutional responsibility for foreign policy...none, zero...end of discussion. Don't even bother to bring it to the table.

As for what the governments of Syria or Iran can bring to the table, history is clear. Their past actions is clear. Their present actions are clear. They bring nothing to even compromise with. It's all or nothing with them. Diplomacy is the art of compromise. Their alternative is for everyone else to come under their rule or be killed. And you want to set down and talk with that on the table?

This post is getting long and I really want you to have an opportunity to reply. But keep it rational...bring facts to the table, lets discuss the facts, not something you wish to be but what is.

Call
Call is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2007, 08:52 PM   #28
scottwww
Brigadier General
 
scottwww's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA

Posts: 4,759
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
That is such a narrow minded comment...
W received 50 Mil out of 300 mil, so who gives him right to represent 250 million (including myself).
Read the US Constitution would you? You will have your answer. We live in a representative republic. The powers of elected officials are defined in the US Constituion. The speaker of the house does not represent the United States. She represents her district.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
On a serious note, the next President -- so far I have no favorites, hopefully next two years will make someone "real" surface...
On this we agree, but I would be very surprised if we end up supporting any of the same group of people.

This thread is supposed to be about Nancy Pelosi and her actions against the United States. So let's get on topic. To digress further you should find an appropriate thread or create a new one if it doesn't exist.
__________________
2007 BMW 335i E92, Montego Blue on Cream Beige, MT, ZSP, ZPP, CA, PDC, CWP and Style 188 for winter

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
scottwww is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2007, 09:08 PM   #29
dr335is
Brigadier General
 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 4,973
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call View Post
I never mind someone who is willing to set down and have a rational discuss. They don't even have to agree with me. Just come to the table with facts...we can disagree with postions but you can not argue the facts. Why sit down and disagree with someone when you have no facts to bring to the table?

No proof has every been provided by anyone...that means either Democrat or Republican or dishwasher...that Bush lied. He has been accused of doing so but no facts, just the oppositions dreams. He has been accused of benefiting personally from the war...no facts, again the oppositions dreams.
He has been accused of being a divider, no facts, just oppositions dreams. What has the opposition offered to unify the country other than to oppose anything offered by the present administration. No answers from the Democratic side.

Now, if you want to have an intelligent conversation let's talk facts not dreams. I'm ready to set down and talk with you and I can bring whatever needs to be brought to the table. What will you bring?

As to Madam Speaker, she has no constitutional responsibility for foreign policy...none, zero...end of discussion. Don't even bother to bring it to the table.

As for what the governments of Syria or Iran can bring to the table, history is clear. Their past actions is clear. Their present actions are clear. They bring nothing to even compromise with. It's all or nothing with them. Diplomacy is the art of compromise. Their alternative is for everyone else to come under their rule or be killed. And you want to set down and talk with that on the table?

This post is getting long and I really want you to have an opportunity to reply. But keep it rational...bring facts to the table, lets discuss the facts, not something you wish to be but what is.

Call
EDIT: For Scott, this is just the answer on the previous comment, not much about Pelosi...

I agree with you on most of it, however:
1) You can call it that he lied or not. He came out and said that SH had the WMD, and no discussion. He did not take Chinese, Russian or German or...word for it or the advice for patience. He rushed into it. There is NO, absolutely NO way that any American would have signed up for this war just to go and liberate some Iraq from the dictator. He put in that enormous thing, called the WMD to get the support. Then he sent Colin Powell to the UN with the PPT presentation. Colin quit after that -- the guy with the pride and honor. In the end, the washed it off telling us that it was simply the bad intel and the end???!!! Hey, people, just simply the bad intel -- some country was invaded, thousands killed, infrastructure destroyed, and just a bad intel!!! No, in my mind, he should be responsible for all that and should be tried for all that. Every mother that lost an innocent child over there (because of the bad intel) should be able to spit in his face for that. If he were not stubborn and more patient the situation would have been different.

2) I also acuse him of controlling the public in this country. Many times when his ratings hit the bottom just before the (re) elections, he (and his puppets) pulled the "threat" thing on us. Fear is the way to control the crowd. None, absolutely NONE of those "fake" elevated threats was real.

3) THe whole conspiracy theory and W benefiting off this whole thing is questionable. I do not believe in it at all, but there are some interesting points. Interesting enough to read, but not to believe for me.

4) Iran and Syria. I thought that Bush and his boys proposed to involve Iran into the Iraq solution??? Now, when the Dems did the Syria thing, Bush is all over them. Why??? What is the difference (supporting terror) between those two?

5) Foreign Policy:
Another thing is our horrible foreign policy or should I say politics.
We caused NK to go nuclear. Bush's speach after 9/11 did it. Yes, NK was fooling with that for a long time, but never made it to the end and never rushed it this much. He, and his "axis of evil" speach did it.
Same for Iran. Diplomacy could have solved many things, but this administration knows nothing about the diplomacy.

6) and the most unfortunate thing that I have experienced many times in last 3 years or so is the World respect. People around the world truly believe that the US is the greatest threat to the world's peace. And that propagates down, from Bush and our representatives to us, ordinary people. I see it once a month in Asia, and is getting worse...

Finally, Scott, calls Pelosi a traitor for trying to bring back our reputation and for trying to bring some diplomacy to the table. Yes, they may not be the ideal Government out there, however, here are a few examples for you:
a) North Korea. They wer one of three "axis of evil" but we did engage into diplomatic talks with them just a month ago. How come??? Does Syria need to build a nuke for us to realize that this cowboyism is not the answer???

b) Kosovo -- clearly the largest nest of terrorism in Europe. However, we're right there, protecting Kosovo Govrnment interests knowing that they support terrorism and other dirty things.

So, watching FOX or CNN or who knows what will definitely not depict a clear picture for you of what is happening out there...
dr335is is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2007, 09:12 PM   #30
dr335is
Brigadier General
 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 4,973
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
Read the US Constitution would you? You will have your answer. We live in a representative republic. The powers of elected officials are defined in the US Constituion. The speaker of the house does not represent the United States. She represents her district.

On this we agree, but I would be very surprised if we end up supporting any of the same group of people.

This thread is supposed to be about Nancy Pelosi and her actions against the United States. So let's get on topic. To digress further you should find an appropriate thread or create a new one if it doesn't exist.
To the first one:
WHo gave right for Jesse Jackson to go out and negotiate hostages situation in Serbia and where else (that is also a form of foreign diplomacy and representation)... No constitution does that, but in desperate times you bring desperate measures... Unfortunately our own government knows nothing about the diplomacy, so someone is jumping in...
dr335is is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST