BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-13-2010, 07:36 PM   #1
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
119
Rep
8,517
Posts

 
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (6)

Christine O'Donnell

So I heard a bit about Christine O'Donnell, tea-party/Rep. candidate for Delaware senate seat. She unseated a heavy favority in the primaries.

she's on Fox News now debating against the other candidate Coons.

It's obvious she's either:
1. grossly under-prepared or
2. not very bright

She's only a inch deep and unfortunately only an inch wide too.

If I were her, I would hire a new campaign manager, she needs to be prepped better at a minimum, she's making a fool out of herself.

If you're not very smart, surround yourself with smart people
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2010, 08:05 PM   #2
SonnyJack
First Lieutenant
United_States
8
Rep
361
Posts

 
Drives: '09 E92 M3 6MT Jerez Black
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Laurel, MD

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
So I heard a bit about Christine O'Donnell, tea-party/Rep. candidate for Delaware senate seat. She unseated a heavy favority in the primaries.

she's on Fox News now debating against the other candidate Coons.

It's obvious she's either:
1. grossly under-prepared or
2. not very bright

She's only a inch deep and unfortunately only an inch wide too.

If I were her, I would hire a new campaign manager, she needs to be prepped better at a minimum, she's making a fool out of herself.

If you're not very smart, surround yourself with smart people
Hey, at least she ain't a witch!

However, her winning the primary tells you that way too many people are just plain 'ole pissed off and willing to try anything at this point. That's down right scary.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2010, 07:52 PM   #3
doc1911
First Lieutenant
8
Rep
361
Posts

 
Drives: Sold my 335i and looking
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pinehurst, NC

iTrader: (0)

I'm not dissagreeing bc I don't know her but how are you making your argument? Give us facts
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2010, 08:06 PM   #4
doc1911
First Lieutenant
8
Rep
361
Posts

 
Drives: Sold my 335i and looking
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pinehurst, NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyJack View Post
Hey, at least she ain't a witch!

However, her winning the primary tells you that way too many people are just plain 'ole pissed off and willing to try anything at this point. That's down right scary.
Isn't that what happened with Obama? Now look were we are.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2010, 08:48 AM   #5
TMNT
Captain
41
Rep
875
Posts

 
Drives: 330ci ZHP
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1911 View Post
Isn't that what happened with Obama? Now look were we are.
Where are we?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2010, 01:53 PM   #6
SonnyJack
First Lieutenant
United_States
8
Rep
361
Posts

 
Drives: '09 E92 M3 6MT Jerez Black
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Laurel, MD

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1911 View Post
Isn't that what happened with Obama? Now look were we are.
Hardly an accurate comparison. Obama was/is a mainstream Democrat who collected the independent vote. Nothing strange about that.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2010, 04:07 PM   #7
ChrisFastM3
Captain
ChrisFastM3's Avatar
25
Rep
676
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3 vert w/ LOTS of mods
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (0)

There's no doubt in my mind that she's not the brightest crayon in the box but, she'll vote correctly. Compared to her Mike Castle, her republican rival, I'd choose her over & over again. Mike's pockets are lined by George Soros.

Don't even get me started about Chris Coons.
(Self claimed Marxist and black liberation theology)

When Castle couldn't stand on his record, he went for character assassination instead. Politics as usual.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2010, 08:57 PM   #8
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
119
Rep
8,517
Posts

 
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (6)

Republican Senate Candidate Christine O'Donnell today challenged her Democratic opponent Chris Coons on his statement that the Constitution disallowed the integration of religion into the federal government, asking, "Where in the Constitution is the separation of church and state?"

The exchange, which prompted laughs from the studio audience, came during a debate this morning at Delaware's Widener School of Law, which was aired by WDEL radio.

In a discussion over the whether or not public schools should be allowed to integrate religion-based ideas into science curricula, O'Donnell argued that local school districts should have the choice to teach intelligent design if they choose.

When asked point blank by Coons if she believed in evolution, however, O'Donnell reiterated that her personal beliefs were not germane. "What I think about the theory of evolution is irrelevant," she emphasized, adding later that the school of thought was "not a fact but a theory."

Coons said that creationism, which he considers "a religious doctrine," should not be taught in public schools due to the Constitution's First Amendment. He argued that it explicitly enumerates the separation of church and state.

"The First Amendment does?" O'Donnell asked. "Let me just clarify: You're telling me that the separation of church and state is found in the First Amendment?"

"Government shall make no establishment of religion," Coons responded, reciting from memory the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. (Coons was off slightly: The first amendment actually reads "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion.")

"That's in the First Amendment...?" O'Donnell responded.

Also during the debate, O'Donnell stumbled when asked whether or not she would repeal the 14th, 16th, or 17th Amendments if elected.

"The 17th Amendment I would not repeal," she said, before asking the questioner to define the 14th and 16th amendments, adding: "I'm sorry, I didn't bring my Constitution with me."

The 16th Amendment allows Congress to raise taxes without apportioning them among the states or tying the taxation to Census results. The 14th Amendment grants citizenship to everyone born in the United States. The 17th Amendment established direct election by popular vote of two U.S. Senators to each state .

Earlier in the debate, O'Donnell accused Coons of constitutional ignorance, saying that "perhaps they didn't teach you Constitutional law at Yale Divinity School."
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2010, 09:11 PM   #9
OldArmy
Lieutenant
United_States
17
Rep
523
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Central Virginia

iTrader: (0)

She's an embarrassment and a lightweight and not worthy. The only thing she has going for her is that she is not a democrat. She was a mistake and democrats will hold that seat because she's the weakest of candidates.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2010, 09:41 AM   #10
lkw15
Major
lkw15's Avatar
United_States
23
Rep
1,076
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M3
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
1991 318is  [0.00]
2015 M3  [5.00]
1976 BMW 2002  [4.67]
2013 BMW X5 35i Pre ...  [5.00]
She's strange.

Republicans may not have liked Mike Castle, but if you look at the bigger picture he would've given the GOP a much greater chance of taking over the Senate.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2010, 08:14 PM   #11
GregTheStig
derp
GregTheStig's Avatar
Armenia
15
Rep
1,202
Posts

 
Drives: a Tuk Tuk
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1911 View Post
Isn't that what happened with Obama? Now look were we are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT View Post
Where are we?
Out of Iraq, so at least we can focus more on fixing our own problems.
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:31 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST