BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-26-2010, 04:25 PM   #45
ss134
Brigadier General
ss134's Avatar
United Kingdom
69
Rep
3,806
Posts

 
Drives: ...a hard bargain...
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Germany/UK

iTrader: (1)

I wrote a full in depth and impartial comparison between my 335i and my M3. I posted it up in the E90 section to help other members who are considering making the switch/interested in the differences between the two cars.

Might help you with your decision:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7953563
__________________
2014 AW F80 M3 DCT
2011 AW E90 M3 DCT - Sold
2010 JZB E90 M3 DCT - Sold
2009 6MT E90 LCI 335i M -Sport - Sold
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2010, 04:37 PM   #46
bobbyd1961
Banned
26
Rep
2,411
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 M3 sedan LeMans Blue
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: new jersey

iTrader: (0)

the reason i cant compare is because of the 335 reliability issue (fuel pump)
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2010, 09:59 PM   #47
01'325rip
Captain
11
Rep
685
Posts

 
Drives: 08' E93 M3
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: miami

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss134 View Post
I wrote a full in depth and impartial comparison between my 335i and my M3. I posted it up in the E90 section to help other members who are considering making the switch/interested in the differences between the two cars.

Might help you with your decision:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7953563

Thanks great write up!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2010, 10:54 PM   #48
CarForHire
Major
CarForHire's Avatar
United_States
14
Rep
1,298
Posts

 
Drives: Slow in the left lane.
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NOVA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E90 328i  [0.00]
It's just so refined.
__________________
Race car driving is like sex...all men think they are good at it. - Jay Leno
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2010, 11:36 PM   #49
jacory12
New Member
0
Rep
18
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 M3 Jet Black
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: southeast

iTrader: (0)

31 and have had a 2011 M3 coupe for a month now, still smile every time I drive it, wife likes the car too Had a 2003 350 Z for 7 years before upgrading
__________________
2011 M 3 (E92) Jet Black
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2010, 12:23 PM   #50
brett1
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

 
Drives: 07 WRX
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

iTrader: (0)

Serge, Small world.
I remember seeing your car on base last year with that sticker.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2010, 06:54 PM   #51
Seven7
First Lieutenant
Canada
15
Rep
348
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 M3 E92
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver BC

iTrader: (1)

I just turned 18, I am picking up my E92 M3 in a week. I got it as my high school graduation present from my parents.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2010, 08:55 PM   #52
01'325rip
Captain
11
Rep
685
Posts

 
Drives: 08' E93 M3
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: miami

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by k7-seven View Post
I just turned 18, I am picking up my E92 M3 in a week. I got it as my high school graduation present from my parents.
wow nice gift enjoy !
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2010, 08:57 PM   #53
NYCMCBM3
Colonel
NYCMCBM3's Avatar
No_Country
50
Rep
2,718
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 MCB E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: South Ozone Park,NY

iTrader: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by k7-seven View Post
I just turned 18, I am picking up my E92 M3 in a week. I got it as my high school graduation present from my parents.
i had to buy my own at 20 =(
__________________
2012 MCB///M3
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2010, 09:18 PM   #54
radiantm3
Apex Everything!
radiantm3's Avatar
United_States
159
Rep
3,883
Posts

 
Drives: >1000 HP in my garage
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Danville, CA

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [4.80]
2013 BMW X5M  [4.33]
2014 BMW i3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NycE93M3 View Post
i had to buy my own at 20 =(
When I was 20 I was a poor college student who couldn't afford any new car. You guys are all spoiled.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2010, 09:38 PM   #55
Poppin Fresh
Colonel
Poppin Fresh's Avatar
Philippines
33
Rep
2,128
Posts

 
Drives: With a sunroof and front plate
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bergen County NJ

iTrader: (0)

I drove my first M3 (E36) when I was 20...it was my uncle's. At 23 got my first M3 (E46). Now I'm 29 I have the E92 M3. I guess once it's ingrained into your head, you won't want anything else. ///M for life!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2010, 09:56 PM   #56
track_warrior
Captain
track_warrior's Avatar
United_States
16
Rep
700
Posts

 
Drives: F-31 328d M-Performance
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Antonio, TX

iTrader: (1)

im 24 and love the m, its my first bmw and not my last.
__________________
l 2014 F31 328d X-drive M-sport l 2014 F30 328d M-Sport l BMW F-800 GSA l 1997 E-420 Sport l 2014 Touareg Tdi Armoured Level B5 l


Compensating a heavy car with horsepower is like giving an alcoholic cocaine to sober him up...
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2010, 10:37 PM   #57
Small Yellow
Track Addict
Small Yellow's Avatar
Taiwan
25
Rep
779
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 BMW M3 E92 | 2008 Z4M E86
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Orange County, California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by k7-seven View Post
I just turned 18, I am picking up my E92 M3 in a week. I got it as my high school graduation present from my parents.
Same here
__________________
BMW ///M3 Coupe
Completed November 16, 2009
Received December 29,2009
BMW //M Coupe
November 4, 2013
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 07:30 AM   #58
01'325rip
Captain
11
Rep
685
Posts

 
Drives: 08' E93 M3
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: miami

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by track_warrior View Post
im 24 and love the m, its my first bmw and not my last.
We've had quite a few in the family just hard to convince my mom This car is jus more then a 3 series with a bigger engine .


Any tips on how to convince lol
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 08:04 AM   #59
creepy coupe
Major General
creepy coupe's Avatar
98
Rep
8,173
Posts

 
Drives: M235i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2009 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01'325rip View Post
We've had quite a few in the family just hard to convince my mom This car is jus more then a 3 series with a bigger engine .


Any tips on how to convince lol

When I was 19 and into powerful motorbikes, I used to justify it to my Mum, saying I needed the extra power, to help get out of tricky situations, she believed me bless her.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 08:09 AM   #60
01'325rip
Captain
11
Rep
685
Posts

 
Drives: 08' E93 M3
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: miami

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy coupe View Post
When I was 19 and into powerful motorbikes, I used to justify it to my Mum, saying I needed the extra power, to help get out of tricky situations, she believed me bless her.
lol
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 08:46 AM   #61
VonSwoopington
Captain
United_States
15
Rep
636
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M3 e90
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NoVA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by k7-seven View Post
I just turned 18, I am picking up my E92 M3 in a week. I got it as my high school graduation present from my parents.
Damn I'm 23 and paying for it myself. I didn't even get a HS graduation gift let alone an M3. My grad gift was help with buying college books.

Right now I'm driving a 1998 Toyota Avalon
__________________
2011.5 JB/FR/ZCP/ZP2/ZCV/DCT/Heated Seats

Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 08:59 AM   #62
01'325rip
Captain
11
Rep
685
Posts

 
Drives: 08' E93 M3
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: miami

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonSwoopington View Post
Damn I'm 23 and paying for it myself. I didn't even get a HS graduation gift let alone an M3. My grad gift was help with buying college books.

Right now I'm driving a 1998 Toyota Avalon
Maybe be tough to answer, all depends on the person. You guys are around my age Do you guys find it hard not to speed. Am I wrong to assume the car is still amazing even though your not using it to it's full potential
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 12:11 PM   #63
gregj
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

 
Drives: m3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: california

iTrader: (0)

I am 62. Bought my '11 ZCP in July. I have been around the block with performance cars, i.e M5 E39, couple editions of the Porsche turbo 996 & 997, etc. The M3 is a great combo of usablility, performance, looks and comfort in the performance car arena - I love the car.. No Kids at home now so no need for a big people carrier. The tight economy moved me from the turbo to the M3. I am very happy I did, no need to go back to something else for an everyday car.
GregJ
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 04:59 PM   #64
01'325rip
Captain
11
Rep
685
Posts

 
Drives: 08' E93 M3
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: miami

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregj View Post
I am 62. Bought my '11 ZCP in July. I have been around the block with performance cars, i.e M5 E39, couple editions of the Porsche turbo 996 & 997, etc. The M3 is a great combo of usablility, performance, looks and comfort in the performance car arena - I love the car.. No Kids at home now so no need for a big people carrier. The tight economy moved me from the turbo to the M3. I am very happy I did, no need to go back to something else for an everyday car.
GregJ
Nice ! I'm creating a list of why I should get this car vs. Reg 3 series not for my convincing lol. Hopefully with your guys help i'll be able to swing it I got dad on my side now need mom.

Any ideas would help.

Got most reliable BMW
Made in diff factory more work went into engineering car
Better made leather components etc.
The M culture
Got a few more missing anything ?
N/a engine more reliable

Cons
Price
Gas
Faster
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 05:13 PM   #65
ss134
Brigadier General
ss134's Avatar
United Kingdom
69
Rep
3,806
Posts

 
Drives: ...a hard bargain...
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Germany/UK

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01'325rip View Post
Nice ! I'm creating a list of why I should get this car vs. Reg 3 series not for my convincing lol. Hopefully with your guys help i'll be able to swing it I got dad on my side now need mom.

Any ideas would help.

Got most reliable BMW
Made in diff factory more work went into engineering car
Better made leather components etc.
The M culture
Got a few more missing anything ?
N/a engine more reliable

Cons
Price
Gas
Faster
I don't know your mum but i would just tell her that you would always wish you had bought the ///M. Show her these vids to explain the difference between a regular BMW and an ///M car............she might understand/appreciate why you want this car



__________________
2014 AW F80 M3 DCT
2011 AW E90 M3 DCT - Sold
2010 JZB E90 M3 DCT - Sold
2009 6MT E90 LCI 335i M -Sport - Sold
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 05:31 PM   #66
bobbyd1961
Banned
26
Rep
2,411
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 M3 sedan LeMans Blue
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: new jersey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyd1961 View Post
i had a 335xi it was great right up until the time my supposed fuel pump went and the dealer couldnt fix it . 6 times in the shop in 5 weeks. i was done with the turbo and moved to the M3 which is in a different league than the 335 setting aside me sweating every morning when i started the car and the service engine light came on and the car sputtered horribly.
any other questions? oh i was 47 when i got the 335 and 48 when i got the m3.
im still upset over that 335
how about that the recall happened i think 2 days after i wrote this. i wouldnt touch a twin turbo until it is clearly resolved. its more than the fuel pump and there guessing with software upgrade. stay away unless you want to sweat every morning starting your car.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:10 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST