BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

OneEighty

03-31-2007, 03:10 AM   #1
ski360
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 325i

What kind of message does this send?

I love the fact that Nancy Pelosi thinks she can just travel to Syria and try and undermine foreign policy. Where will she head next? North Korea, or maybe she'll sit down with the Ayatollah Khamenei and talk shop. Wait and see these kind of stunts are going to come back and bite us.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2007, 03:17 AM   #2
tommydogsdad
On My Third Drop Top BMW!
United_States

Drives: E93 335i Convertible

Send a message via Yahoo to tommydogsdad
Pretty ridiculous! I can't even stand to hear her talk.
      03-31-2007, 03:20 AM   #3
ski360
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommydogsdad View Post
Pretty ridiculous! I can't even stand to hear her talk.
+1
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2007, 04:10 AM   #4
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
United_States

Drives: 2006 E90

who is nancy petskowski?
      03-31-2007, 04:13 AM   #5
tommydogsdad
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTuReB0Y View Post
who is nancy petskowski?
You've got to be kidding? Right?
      03-31-2007, 04:16 AM   #6
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
United_States

Drives: 2006 E90

Quote:
i am 100% serious......who is she?
      03-31-2007, 04:17 AM   #7
jbake
OG
United_States

Drives: 335i

Garage List
2007 335I  [0.00]
Quote:
that right there made me bust out laughing
      03-31-2007, 04:28 AM   #8
tommydogsdad
United_States

Speaker of the House
      03-31-2007, 04:34 AM   #9
dr335is
Brigadier General

Drives: GTI

I am the speaker of my house....
As for the Pelosi move...maybe she's trying to get us out of this arrogant Cowboy approach and another war and try to solve something peacefully and diplomaticaly?

Or should we just occupy someone else?
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2007, 06:09 AM   #10
ski360
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
I am the speaker of my house....
As for the Pelosi move...maybe she's trying to get us out of this arrogant Cowboy approach and another war and try to solve something peacefully and diplomaticaly?

Or should we just occupy someone else?
With Syria? Come on now, They are a known state sponsor of terrorism. All she wants to do is to continue to undermined the current administration, and while I could careless if she has no respect for GW at least have respect for the office. She doesn't speak for the US on foreign policy and all she wants to do is continue be a pain in the ass. If this is how congress is going to spend their spring break then why do they even have one? They're elected officials, and instead of parading around they should try and figure out a reasonable bill that the president will sign. But she decided to take a tax payer funded vacation to Syria.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2007, 08:03 AM   #11
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by ski360 View Post
With Syria? Come on now, They are a known state sponsor of terrorism. All she wants to do is to continue to undermined the current administration, and while I could careless if she has no respect for GW at least have respect for the office. She doesn't speak for the US on foreign policy and all she wants to do is continue be a pain in the ass. If this is how congress is going to spend their spring break then why do they even have one? They're elected officials, and instead of parading around they should try and figure out a reasonable bill that the president will sign. But she decided to take a tax payer funded vacation to Syria.
Yep, and SH was known to have piles of WMD...
I'd much rather have the bum off the street speak for our foreign policy than the empty headed warrior in the WH...

I thought that Iran was one of 3 "axis of evil", but then Bush's admin proposed to tal to them on Iraq issue... What the current admin actually wants???? Doo they know? Do YOU know?

Reasonable bill???
The whole country (at least the majority), the whole world wants us out of Iraq, and the Congress wanted that to be "signed", and we've seen what happened.

Our Gov't system is not going to work until they realize that we're one country, NOT two parties, and that they should work for US, not for their parties. We need an UNITER in the WH, not the divider that already have...

We definitely need a FRESH (and smart) start, otherwise...
Otherwise this will drag forever -- fear, threat, terror activity against us, tecnology, infrastructure and other stuff simply stagnant. I mentioned many times that 15 years ago (when I first started traveling to Asia), the US was way ahead of (most) of them with the infrastructure, transportation, cellular infrastructure...everything. Now, we're way, way, way behind. The reason is that in the past 6 years we've done nothing -- just a huge division and terror talks...
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2007, 08:23 AM   #12
ganeil
Colonel
United_States

Drives: 328i Coupe

Quote:
Ski, IMHO you are wasting your time trying to discus these matters with dr325i. Take a look at his previous posts and you cannot help to realize that the man is irrational and ignorant. It will do no good to explain to him things like the Congress is not responsible for foreign policy or the federal government is not responsible for his local taxes, he lives in his own deluded world where Bush is responsible for all that is wrong in the world.

He suffers from what is called Bush Derangement Syndrome. Sufferers of this affliction do not merely disagree with the President's policy decisions but need to assign malevolent motives for those decisions as well. They also need the current policies to fail, and the nation to fail as a result, to justify their hatred for the President. The bottom line is dr325i wants us to lose.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2007, 08:49 AM   #13
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
Ski, IMHO you are wasting your time trying to discus these matters with dr325i. Take a look at his previous posts and you cannot help to realize that the man is irrational and ignorant. It will do no good to explain to him things like the Congress is not responsible for foreign policy or the federal government is not responsible for his local taxes, he lives in his own deluded world where Bush is responsible for all that is wrong in the world.

He suffers from what is called Bush Derangement Syndrome. Sufferers of this affliction do not merely disagree with the President's policy decisions but need to assign malevolent motives for those decisions as well. They also need the current policies to fail, and the nation to fail as a result, to justify their hatred for the President. The bottom line is dr325i wants us to lose.
your copy/paste messages are a real benefit to the discussion...
I, as other normal people in this country want the best for our troops and Iraqi people. For you, it may be only about win or lose, and loose and that IS the problem of it all. If you only go to prove you can win then there will be much more colleteral damage and more casualties. Remember, it is not easy to clean them all, probably impossible.

But what our admin is doing right now is fueling more and more of them to join the opposite side making the "winning" situation less and less possible...

Anyway -- I give you the real-life reasoning and world views. And yes, I cannot stand the liar in the WH.
All you give us some crap lines that make no sense...

By the way -- enough with those new definitions -- axis of evil, evil doers, Bush Derangement Syndrome, ... Don't you see no one's buying that shit any more???
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2007, 08:50 AM   #14
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
They also need the current policies to fail, and the nation to fail as a result, to justify their hatred for the President. The bottom line is dr325i wants us to lose.
Tell us one of his (foreign) policies that did NOT fail!
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2007, 09:46 AM   #15
ganeil
Colonel
United_States

Drives: 328i Coupe

Quote:
I love the fact that Nancy Pelosi thinks she can just travel to Syria and try and undermine foreign policy. Where will she head next? North Korea, or maybe she'll sit down with the Ayatollah Khamenei and talk shop. Wait and see these kind of stunts are going to come back and bite us.
To answer your question, the message the Speaker's trip sends to our enemies is that we are divided. The only way our enemies can defeat us is if we let them by giving up. They know this and they do whatever they can to influence public opinion in the US.

Syria does not want what we want in Iraq. Syria does not want what we want in Lebanon. Speaker Pelosi is not a diplomat, nor is she representing the government of the US but our enemies will not see it that way. They will see a high-ranking US official kowtowing to a dictator.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2007, 09:48 AM   #16
ski360
Second Lieutenant

Quote:

I Know and I agree with you. The funny part is he believes that bill was really designed to make GW pull out.

Dr. Can you really tell me that is true. Bush said it best him self "political theater" thats all it is. First off great......no one wants us there, but we can't leave and anyone that has a rational thought in their head can figure that one out. To attach a time line to Iraq, is to just tell half the country to dig their own graves. Second if that Bill wasn't bought and paid for please explain what the 20 billion in domestic spending was intended for.

Pelosi is a nut job. All I'm saying is she has no business trolling the world talking on behalf of the American people thats not what she was elected for.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2007, 11:01 AM   #17
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
I Know and I agree with you. The funny part is he believes that bill was really designed to make GW pull out.

Dr. Can you really tell me that is true. Bush said it best him self "political theater" thats all it is. First off great......no one wants us there, but we can't leave and anyone that has a rational thought in their head can figure that one out. To attach a time line to Iraq, is to just tell half the country to dig their own graves. Second if that Bill wasn't bought and paid for please explain what the 20 billion in domestic spending was intended for.

Pelosi is a nut job. All I'm saying is she has no business trolling the world talking on behalf of the American people thats not what she was elected for.
yep, agree...only, and ONLY the current admin is right and all they have ever done is justified and correct...
That is why they swept the senate and the house...people love their ideas... But I guess, I'm the only "illusional" one...

See ya in 20 years...(let me see how to say that in Chinese...or Indian...)
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2007, 11:29 AM   #18
ski360
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
yep, agree...only, and ONLY the current admin is right and all they have ever done is justified and correct...
That is why they swept the senate and the house...people love their ideas... But I guess, I'm the only "illusional" one...

See ya in 20 years...(let me see how to say that in Chinese...or Indian...)
You're getting off track...Look at the title of the thread.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2007, 06:37 PM   #19
NaTuReB0Y