BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

VF Engineering

10-21-2010, 10:36 AM   #23
purespeed
Private First Class

Drives: 67 cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyJack View Post
You just keep your head in the sand Tex.
Yes and you can keep your Hoax and Chains.

My head has no effect on the facts before us. Admit the truth if you want or just keep thinking that Obama's policies are working.

Even the Democrats running for re election are staying away from Obama.
      10-21-2010, 11:46 AM   #24
SonnyJack
First Lieutenant

Drives: '09 E92 M3 6MT Jerez Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by purespeed View Post
Yes and you can keep your Hoax and Chains.

My head has no effect on the facts before us. Admit the truth if you want or just keep thinking that Obama's policies are working.

Even the Democrats running for re election are staying away from Obama.
Hoax and chains! Good one!

It took us eight years to come to the brink of disaster, and now after less than two you think we should be right back on track? That about right? You sir, are the one desperately needing to admit the truth.

There are no known policies that can quickly fix our economy. Obama is trying to put us on track to rebound at some point in the future. I think in time it will work and and you don't.

Nothing wrong with that.
SonnyJack is offline   United_States
      10-21-2010, 12:37 PM   #25
purespeed
Private First Class

Drives: 67 cobra

Quote:
Hoax and chains! Good one!

It took us eight years to come to the brink of disaster, and now after less than two you think we should be right back on track? That about right? You sir, are the one desperately needing to admit the truth.

There are no known policies that can quickly fix our economy. Obama is trying to put us on track to rebound at some point in the future. I think in time it will work and and you don't.

Nothing wrong with that.
The Bush adminstration asked Congress to stop Fannie & Freddie - starting in 2001, because it was financially risky for the U.S. economy, but no one was listening.

Barney Frank, in his most detailed explanation to date about his actions, said in an interview he missed the warning signs because he was wearing ideological blinders.

“I was late in seeing it, no question,’’ Frank said about the lenders’ descent into insolvency.

The issue that day in 2003 was whether mortgage backers Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were fiscally strong. Frank declared with his trademark confidence that they were, accusing critics and regulators of exaggerating threats to Fannie’s and Freddie’s financial integrity. And, the Massachusetts Democrat maintained, “even if there were problems, the federal government doesn’t bail them out.’’

Your favorite Democrats nailed our economy and Obama is wearing his ideological blinders to finish us off.

Keep denying the facts laid out before you...that's what Barney Frank did.

10-21-2010, 01:14 PM   #26
ghosthi32
Banned

Drives: Water camel

legalize marijuana will solve it all...

trollface
      10-21-2010, 06:21 PM   #27
OldArmy
Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si

Thanks teach, I really appreciate you explaining all these complex subjects--I'm all better now.

Actually, what I really appreciate (and will stay up all night to watch it happen) is the electoral tidal wave that is about to land on the democrat party and the single man responsible for that happening. He was never qualified, has a bizarre picture of what America should be and his election was a validation of P.T. Barnum's (or old Abe) most notable saying.

Quote:
What exactly has been squandered? Midterm elections are usually where losses are sustained by the party in power? You see this as strange? Democrats aren't the party that is splintering at the moment (Tea Party candidates knocking off GOP vets), voters are pissed at everyone in congress.

IMO, stating that Obama has squandered his presidency says that you don't really understand the impact of a global recession/near depression and how close the U.S. came to 15-20% unemployment. Don't worry though, you've got lots of company in that regard. Until you can appreciate how bad things could have been you will have no appreciation for how to judge the current state of the U.S. economy.
OldArmy is offline   United_States
      10-21-2010, 07:07 PM   #28
quagmire
I am Gundam

Drives: 2014 Cadillac ATS 3.6 AWD