BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
Lux Angel Eyes
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-16-2010, 12:35 AM   #1
AlterZgo
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2010 BMW 535i 6MT M-Sport
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Orange County, CA

Posts: 391
iTrader: (0)

Opinions please on a 2009 used M3 coupe

Hi everyone. Just joined this forum as I'm interested in buying an M3 coupe. I found one in Southern California with the following specs:

2009 E92 lemans blue
6 spd manual
5800 miles
anthracite/black cloth/leather
ZTP tech pkg
2MT 19" wheels
6FL iPod adapter
Price: $53K


This car has pretty much the options I'm looking for. It has a clean carfax and is being sold by a dealership. Seems to be a pretty good deal. The only concerns I have are that the car was original titled in CA, then sold at auction in AZ and then resold to a CA dealer.

With such low miles, I assume it was a demo. Car looks to be in near perfect condition.

Any thoughts on this deal?

Thanks!
AlterZgo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-16-2010, 12:45 AM   #2
Finnegan
Major General
 
Finnegan's Avatar
 
Drives: Sapphire Black/Black Z4Mc
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: At the track..or wishing I were at the track

Posts: 6,442
iTrader: (17)

Price seems in the right range, but I'd see if I could push a couple of K lower given it's lightly optioned (not a bad thing, but less demand). No leather interior and no premium package (no comfort access, no autodimming mirror, speed cloth) and no premium audio, no PDK, no heated seats...

It has tech which great has that means MDM and other goodies. Like I said, I'd shoot for a couple thousand less given the options and try to work the deal. Make it like you're doing them a favor buying it (you're not, but it works in your favor). If you can't get anywhere, nothing lost, and 53K isn't bad at all. Edmunds would seem to agree.

Low miles aren't necessarily a result of it being a demo. It might have sat awhile before being sold, or been driven on weekends. Does it look like it's been cared for (paint, interior, leather)? Clutch seem okay?

I assume it's being sold with the remainder of warranty not CPO right? If CPO then that's worth about 2K and this is a pretty good deal. If not CPO, why isn't it? That's a question I'd ask....

Don't know about the sale resell auction thing.

Last edited by Finnegan; 09-16-2010 at 12:51 AM.
Finnegan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-16-2010, 01:24 AM   #3
AlterZgo
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2010 BMW 535i 6MT M-Sport
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Orange County, CA

Posts: 391
iTrader: (0)

Thanks for the info. Haven't test driven the car yet. It's about 70 miles away so I have to set some time to go check it out. Seems to have been at that dealer for a while now.

With respect to comfort access, it indicates the car has it under the ZTP tech pkg along with EDC, M Drive, nav and HD radio. Could this be an error?

It's not CPO and has the remaining mfg's warranty.
AlterZgo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-16-2010, 12:07 PM   #4
mywave
Private
 
Drives: yes
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rocky Mountains

Posts: 75
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterZgo View Post
Hi everyone. Just joined this forum as I'm interested in buying an M3 coupe. I found one in Southern California with the following specs:

2009 E92 lemans blue
6 spd manual
5800 miles
anthracite/black cloth/leather
ZTP tech pkg
2MT 19" wheels
6FL iPod adapter
Price: $53K


This car has pretty much the options I'm looking for. It has a clean carfax and is being sold by a dealership. Seems to be a pretty good deal. The only concerns I have are that the car was original titled in CA, then sold at auction in AZ and then resold to a CA dealer.

With such low miles, I assume it was a demo. Car looks to be in near perfect condition.

Any thoughts on this deal?

Thanks!
As an fyi I was in the market and found an 09 e92 at a Porsche dealer in Nebraska white with tech, premium, sound, heated seats etc. 6k miles for $53k, let me know if you want the info.
mywave is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-16-2010, 08:35 PM   #5
ZCPM3owner
Private
 
ZCPM3owner's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 E92 M3
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NH

Posts: 71
iTrader: (0)

CA->AZ->CA is Lease or Repo auction site transfer. BMWNA bank Hdqtrs are in Phoenix.
ZCPM3owner is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-17-2010, 12:38 AM   #6
AlterZgo
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2010 BMW 535i 6MT M-Sport
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Orange County, CA

Posts: 391
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCPM3owner View Post
CA->AZ->CA is Lease or Repo auction site transfer. BMWNA bank Hdqtrs are in Phoenix.
OK. I guess repo is better than a demo.
AlterZgo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-17-2010, 12:39 AM   #7
AlterZgo
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2010 BMW 535i 6MT M-Sport
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Orange County, CA

Posts: 391
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mywave View Post
As an fyi I was in the market and found an 09 e92 at a Porsche dealer in Nebraska white with tech, premium, sound, heated seats etc. 6k miles for $53k, let me know if you want the info.
Thanks for the lead, but I'm looking for something more local. Since I'm buying used, I'd like to see/test drive the actual car.
AlterZgo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-22-2010, 09:26 AM   #8
mdosu
Banned
 
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 8,517
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterZgo View Post
OK. I guess repo is better than a demo.
there's no way you can tell if it's a repo or lease or trade. An auction is an auction. Only the original dealers would know the history.
mdosu is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:16 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST