BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

09-08-2010, 01:49 AM   #1
atolius
Private

Drives: 11 M3 E92 AW/FR DCT ZCP

Who is planning to be attend Wheelin' in Vegas event?

I registered for BMW CCA's driving event in Vegas that will take place on October 2-3. More details here:
http://www.bmwccavegasdrivingevents.com/

I was wondering who else is planning to be there...
Cheers
atolius is offline   United_States
      09-08-2010, 12:02 PM   #2
wuzupfoo
First Lieutenant

Drives: 08 Jet Black MTrizz Cpe

Im in, gonna sign up this weekend.. hopefully lots of m3posters come out so I can meet some ppl off the board..
HRE C20/Remus Race/MS Filter/KWV3/Vorsteiner Diffuser/JL Lip/Murdered Grills/Pinnacle F1 Ceramic/ZCP Wing/Alcantara Wheel/Custom Alcantara Boots/Custom ZCP Shifter/MRF Subframe Bushings/Turner Delrin Diff Bushings
      09-16-2010, 01:41 PM   #3
MVEED3
Second Lieutenant

Drives: '08 e90 M3/'12 S1k

I'll be there but it's for a bachelor party. Vegas Motor Speedway is a track I still need to hit.

Allen
AST~Vorshlag~Akra~Advan~Yoko~Pagid~BMW Performance
MVEED3 is offline   United_States
      09-16-2010, 03:22 PM   #4
chili cheese
Captain

Drives: '13 E92 M3, Santorini Blue

I'm registered.

There is another thread that was started here:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=428818
      09-16-2010, 06:38 PM   #5
aus
Major General

Drives: Odysse

You guys who are thinking of going need to sign up ASAP before they cancel it!!!!
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
      09-16-2010, 06:44 PM   #6
aus
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuzupfoo View Post
Im in, gonna sign up this weekend.. hopefully lots of m3posters come out so I can meet some ppl off the board..
Unfortunately, that's just not going to happen. 99% of the people who buy these cars are just internet/virtual racers who like to tune their cars, and show dyno graphs, but have no intention of going on a track- regardless of how many times you tell them it's really safe with the CCA; that you won't tear up your tires or brake pads/rotor because you'll be slow as sh#t out there as a newb, but you'll still get a HUGE thrill out of it.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
      09-16-2010, 06:53 PM   #7
WillC310
Lieutenant

Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Unfortunately, that's just not going to happen. 99% of the people who buy these cars are just internet/virtual racers who like to tune their cars, and show dyno graphs, but have no intention of going on a track- regardless of how many times you tell them it's really safe with the CCA; that you won't tear up your tires or brake pads/rotor because you'll be slow as sh#t out there as a newb, but you'll still get a HUGE thrill out of it.
You forgot to include the sticker whores.
      09-16-2010, 07:16 PM   #8
aus
Major General

One friend said he couldnt go because his car was just detailed- the event was 3 weeks away!!!
Another guys said, "I can't do that. I'm married and have a kid." WTF!!! I have 3 kids. But he ran catless exhaust, pulley, intake filter, scoops, and was not happy with his dyno numbers... AGAIN.
      09-17-2010, 04:58 PM   #9
wuzupfoo
First Lieutenant

Drives: 08 Jet Black MTrizz Cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
One friend said he couldnt go because his car was just detailed- the event was 3 weeks away!!!
Another guys said, "I can't do that. I'm married and have a kid." WTF!!! I have 3 kids. But he ran catless exhaust, pulley, intake filter, scoops, and was not happy with his dyno numbers... AGAIN.
haha.. thats great! lame but funny nonetheless... yeah ive been trying to convince my buddy to go, I even offered to let him share my room free! and he's still got to think about it!! boo! hes also a track virgin so Im like dude, its all about the experience! but hes a bartender so his money shifts are on the weekend and I can understand hes gonna get married in June, but Im like thats June!!!
HRE C20/Remus Race/MS Filter/KWV3/Vorsteiner Diffuser/JL Lip/Murdered Grills/Pinnacle F1 Ceramic/ZCP Wing/Alcantara Wheel/Custom Alcantara Boots/Custom ZCP Shifter/MRF Subframe Bushings/Turner Delrin Diff Bushings
      09-17-2010, 11:49 PM   #10
aus
Major General

Does he really think he's going to go AFTER he gets married???
He'd better put that in his pre-nup.

What's the point of owning such an awesome car and driving in on the street only, where you can't come close experiencing to what it can do.

I've seen a grandpa out there in a Dodge Magnum station wagon, and a painfully slow soccor mom in an AMG E63. There's this older guy with a HUGE S55 that comes out pretty regularly.
Then you get these young guys with M3's who come up with all kinds of excuses why they can't do a HPDE. It's just plain chicken sh!t.
      09-18-2010, 12:02 PM   #11
chili cheese
Captain

Ha Ha! Aus, you're totally right. There are a lot of dare I say "poseurs" out there and on this board. They aren't at the track events. Yeah, I'm no track junkie, I've only done a handfull of events. Seriously though these guys spend 10k on wheels, exhaust and on and on, clear the bra the whole F-ing car and can't seem to get out to a HDPE to see what the car can really do. I've tried to get 3 other M3 owners I know to get out there and all I get is excuses....waaaaah!
      09-18-2010, 06:14 PM   #12
aus
Major General

This event has been canceled.

If you have already registered and paid via PayPal, your refund will be processed and returned to you via PayPal. If you paid by check your check has been shredded.

We apologize for any inconvenience. Although entries were still coming in, we couldn't take the chance that enough people would sign up (and pay) and we couldn't take the risk of going too far into the red.

With the rising costs of putting on driving events, and the current economic problems our nation faces, Chapters are being forced to cancel events more and more. If you have suggestions that could help make track events more feasible (while still meeting the BMW CCA Driving School Minimum Standards), please share your ideas with your Chapter's Board of Directors and Driving Events Committee.

If you have questions about this event, or about your refund, please contact
event: bmwccaVegasDrivingEvents@cox.net

Sorry chilli. I'm really bummed too.
      09-21-2010, 12:20 AM   #13
chili cheese
Captain

F-ing hell.

I was going to try and break the land speed record on the way out there too....guess it'll have to wait.
      09-21-2010, 02:54 AM   #14
aus
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by chili cheese View Post
F-ing hell.

I was going to try and break the land speed record on the way out there too....guess it'll have to wait.

Don't do it. I got busted driving out to Vegas by CHP. Luckily, he game me a ticket for 85 instead of the 92 he clocked me at (which was better than the 100 I was just at passing people). Anything over 85 means you have to show up to court and explain why you were driving so fast.

There are a couple Audi event's coming up soon. One at Buttonwillow and one at Infineon, but I didn't plan for those days.

http://www.sccaudi.com/happenings.asp

I hope Delight still honor's your credit for AAA Speedway next year.

09-21-2010, 02:50 PM   #15
chili cheese
Captain

Yeah, I may have to look elsewhere for an event. I can't wait until next May for AAA again! I'm sure my credit with Delight will still be good though.