BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications
 
ESS Tuning
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-20-2010, 01:36 PM   #265
Leonardo629
Major
 
Drives: 2013 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Walnut, CA

Posts: 1,204
iTrader: (9)

I just installed GP Thunder 8500K V2 bulbs, very satisfied with the white angel eyes now. It's still not as white/bright as the LCI E92 non-Ms...but for the money spent, you really can't beat what you get for $20~$30. I'm glad I saved more than 2 large ones, which I'll put toward an exhaust or an ESS ECU tune....
Leonardo629 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-20-2010, 01:51 PM   #266
zibawal
Major
 
Drives: 2012 X5D
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SFO BAY AREA

Posts: 1,057
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo629 View Post
I just installed GP Thunder 8500K V2 bulbs, very satisfied with the white angel eyes now. It's still not as white/bright as the LCI E92 non-Ms...but for the money spent, you really can't beat what you get for $20~$30. I'm glad I saved more than 2 large ones, which I'll put toward an exhaust or an ESS ECU tune....
are they same?

http://www.amazon.com/GP-Thunder-Pla...5008615&sr=8-3

do i need one or two packs?
zibawal is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-20-2010, 02:24 PM   #267
Leonardo629
Major
 
Drives: 2013 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Walnut, CA

Posts: 1,204
iTrader: (9)

I got mine from E-92 lighting, he's a sponsor on this forum. Only downside is CA sales tax, but the seller ships out your order usually same day or next day.

http://www.e92-lighting.com/products...A_V2-61-0.html

After you get the bulbs, follow this DIY

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186302
Leonardo629 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-22-2010, 12:17 PM   #268
zibawal
Major
 
Drives: 2012 X5D
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SFO BAY AREA

Posts: 1,057
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo629 View Post
I got mine from E-92 lighting, he's a sponsor on this forum. Only downside is CA sales tax, but the seller ships out your order usually same day or next day.

http://www.e92-lighting.com/products...A_V2-61-0.html

After you get the bulbs, follow this DIY

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186302
great! Are these same lights?

http://www.amazon.com/GP-Thunder-Pla...6&sr=1-2-fkmr0
zibawal is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-05-2010, 01:20 AM   #269
kaykay
Lieutenant Colonel
 
kaykay's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SoCal

Posts: 1,770
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Let's resurrect this thread...

Anything new since we started this thing?

Are we still working with only OSS/AiBs/LUX/Alpine HIDs?

Would love a product that works, has an easy install (or a quick install by a shop) and doesn't break.

I really was about to pull the trigger on the AiBs but have heard a lot of bad reviews, people complaining, etc. I know EAS is solid when they come to supporting their products but I just don't understand what the problem(s) is/are.

Alex mentioned he's got something new in the works.

Let's go new Angel Eyes!!!!
__________________
'12 CLS550 Palladium Silver - loaded
'11 E92 M3 ZCP - SG/B-EXT/CF, M-DCT, loaded
'11 E93 328i, BSM over Saddle Brown, sport, loaded
'08 550i M-Sport, Carbon Black (Gone but not forgotten), '06 W211 E55 AMG (Gone, miss this animal),'01 E39 540i Sport
kaykay is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-05-2010, 01:41 AM   #270
GewoW
#thatsanicemovebro
 
GewoW's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 LSB/Black 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal, Canada

Posts: 3,834
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [4.67]
Send a message via Skype™ to GewoW
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Let's resurrect this thread...

Anything new since we started this thing?

Are we still working with only OSS/AiBs/LUX/Alpine HIDs?

Would love a product that works, has an easy install (or a quick install by a shop) and doesn't break.

I really was about to pull the trigger on the AiBs but have heard a lot of bad reviews, people complaining, etc. I know EAS is solid when they come to supporting their products but I just don't understand what the problem(s) is/are.

Alex mentioned he's got something new in the works.

Let's go new Angel Eyes!!!!
lol!

just get GP thunders till new things come out...
only thing that's worth it. i have some. AiB's REALLY not worth 270$ more
__________________
GewoW is offline   Greece
0
Reply With Quote
      12-05-2010, 05:15 AM   #271
Maseroche
Major
 
Maseroche's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 BMW M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bahrain

Posts: 1,402
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GewoW View Post
lol!

just get GP thunders till new things come out...
only thing that's worth it. i have some. AiB's REALLY not worth 270$ more
+1! Everytime I want to order the AiB's, someone posts a complaint about them going wrong. For the time being, GP Thunders it is.
__________________
Khalid
'08 BMW M3


Maseroche is offline   Bahrain
0
Reply With Quote
      12-06-2010, 11:23 AM   #272
Psylight
Brigadier General
 
Psylight's Avatar
 
Drives: Teh Space Gray E92 M 6MT Scene
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Diamond Bar ,California

Posts: 3,480
iTrader: (10)

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Psylight
I really think LUX is a great price/brightness/color solution.
__________________

The Ultimate Driving Scene
Psylight is offline   Mexico
0
Reply With Quote
      12-06-2010, 12:52 PM   #273
mds82
Major General
 
mds82's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325xi
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: South Central Connecticut

Posts: 5,837
iTrader: (40)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to mds82 Send a message via Yahoo to mds82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psylight View Post
I really think LUX is a great price/brightness/color solution.
THANKS!!!!
__________________

19" Breyton Race GTS Matt Grey, Eisenmann 4x70 Exhaust with SR Pipes. Vorsteiner Hood, Bilstein Shocks, CFEverywhere, mtec rear,
Carbon Fiber Headlights
mds82 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-06-2010, 01:55 PM   #274
Fsarc
Lieutenant
 
Fsarc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 E92 M3 LMB
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: BC-Northern NJ

Posts: 417
iTrader: (3)

mds82- Is there any pending solution for the Lux H8 in a 2011 E92 M3? I know the 2010s were having problems, are the issues the same with the 2011? I'd be willing to give it a try if a 2011 hasn't been tested yet. Just cancelled my AiB order so I'm looking for an alternative. Thx.
Fsarc is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-06-2010, 02:05 PM   #275
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
tom @ eas's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

Posts: 10,218
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fsarc View Post
mds82- Is there any pending solution for the Lux H8 in a 2011 E92 M3? I know the 2010s were having problems, are the issues the same with the 2011? I'd be willing to give it a try if a 2011 hasn't been tested yet. Just cancelled my AiB order so I'm looking for an alternative. Thx.
AiB shipment arrived literally 5 minutes ago via UPS, orders are being shipped in the the order received and tracking info sent today.

Let me know if you change your mind.
__________________
tom @ eas is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-06-2010, 04:46 PM   #276
11' AW M3
Major
 
Drives: 11' ZCP E92 M3
Join Date: May 2009
Location: california

Posts: 1,237
iTrader: (2)

vendors... update us! I know e92lighting and alpine both said they had something up their sleeve months ago...
__________________
2011 AW/FR Extended E92 M3... fully loaded
11' AW M3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2011, 06:17 PM   #277
Jlnike
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 08 e90 m3 07 e90 328xi
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York

Posts: 261
iTrader: (1)

what model bmw's and my's will these bulbs specifically the aib's work for

i just got the aibs and so far i'm happy with them but i have an x6 2011 on order and not sure if they will work with that car, what will?
Jlnike is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2011, 12:32 AM   #278
savaho
Second Lieutenant
 
savaho's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NorCal

Posts: 217
iTrader: (0)

whats funny is if m3s had come out with these colors stock, people would be clamoring for yellowish lights. seems some people need to feel as if they've one-up others all the time with something different - even when the quality isn't as good as oem. go figure.
savaho is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2011, 08:53 AM   #279
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
 
MMMorish's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 2,836
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psylight View Post
I really think LUX is a great price/brightness/color solution.
+1 but... If Alpine comes out with an LED solution that is brighter than LUX in sunlight without the night time blob of light effect, I just may jump ship.
__________________
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
MMMorish is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2011, 12:47 PM   #280
mds82
Major General
 
mds82's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325xi
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: South Central Connecticut

Posts: 5,837
iTrader: (40)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to mds82 Send a message via Yahoo to mds82
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMorish View Post
+1 but... If Alpine comes out with an LED solution that is brighter than LUX in sunlight without the night time blob of light effect, I just may jump ship.
LOL, you just contradicted yourself a bit there, ha ha. There's no way to make it brighter during the day without making it just as bright at night. The lights will only look like a blob if there is little to no ambient light to compare it to.
__________________

19" Breyton Race GTS Matt Grey, Eisenmann 4x70 Exhaust with SR Pipes. Vorsteiner Hood, Bilstein Shocks, CFEverywhere, mtec rear,
Carbon Fiber Headlights
mds82 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2011, 01:10 PM   #281
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
tom @ eas's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

Posts: 10,218
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by savaho View Post
whats funny is if m3s had come out with these colors stock, people would be clamoring for yellowish lights. seems some people need to feel as if they've one-up others all the time with something different - even when the quality isn't as good as oem. go figure.
I 100% agree. If EU M3s came stock with bumper reflectors and US didn't, we'd likely be punching them in bumpers here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlnike View Post
what model bmw's and my's will these bulbs specifically the aib's work for

i just got the aibs and so far i'm happy with them but i have an x6 2011 on order and not sure if they will work with that car, what will?
At the moment, they will not fit within the X6 lighting housing due to clearance with the heatsink, which is critical for proper cooling of the LED.

M3 is covered. LCI applications for other BMW models are next.
__________________

Last edited by tom @ eas; 01-10-2011 at 01:21 PM.
tom @ eas is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2011, 02:04 PM   #282
Jlnike
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 08 e90 m3 07 e90 328xi
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York

Posts: 261
iTrader: (1)

but if the heatsink could fit they technically would work and wouldn't light up any codes?
Jlnike is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2011, 03:09 PM   #283
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
tom @ eas's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

Posts: 10,218
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlnike View Post
but if the heatsink could fit they technically would work and wouldn't light up any codes?
Correct. I would not trust any high-powered LED solution does does not have proper heat dissipation (ie:heatsink).

The bulb sockets ride very close to the service caps on the headlamps on most LCI models - we'll have a solution presented very soon.
__________________
tom @ eas is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2011, 07:21 PM   #284
Jlnike
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 08 e90 m3 07 e90 328xi
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York

Posts: 261
iTrader: (1)

what was causing many angel eye solutions not to work on lci m3's?

were they showing codes?
Jlnike is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2011, 09:02 PM   #285
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
tom @ eas's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

Posts: 10,218
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlnike View Post
what was causing many angel eye solutions not to work on lci m3's?

were they showing codes?
Not sure, there never was an issue with compatibility with AiB - we've installed a number of them on MY10/MY11s.
__________________
tom @ eas is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-23-2011, 10:30 AM   #286
Fsarc
Lieutenant
 
Fsarc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 E92 M3 LMB
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: BC-Northern NJ

Posts: 417
iTrader: (3)

This looks very promising................. LUX H8.3. Hopefully they worked out a solution for the 2010-11 as well.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=478104
Fsarc is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:28 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST