BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

09-17-2010, 02:45 PM   #23
Red Bread
Brigadier General

Drives: My wife's car

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
But the cars you are mentioning are all rear weight biased, which is the way it should be when weight is light and power is high.
Yes, that would be ideal, but if we're talking ideals, most would still prefer rwd to awd.
Red Bread is offline   United_States
      09-17-2010, 03:39 PM   #24
footie
Major General

Drives: ????????????

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Yes, that would be ideal, but if we're talking ideals, most would still prefer rwd to awd.
I can't deny that more prefer rwd instead of awd as it offers more excitement and interaction. But I don't really believe it's any better than awd when it comes to getting from A to B, probably a far bit slower for most people in fact.

Personally I think each method has it's plus points and minus points. But there is no denying that with huge amounts of power comes every increasing issues of traction which is mostly irrelevant with awd. Well not irrelevant but certain far less of a problem as it spreads the power across both axles instead of just the one.
footie is offline   No_Country
      09-18-2010, 07:20 AM   #25
footie
Major General

Drives: ????????????

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
I thought this might interest you since this thread is titled M3 vs TTRS. It's three videos, 2 of the TT-RS, 1 stock and the other chipped to 445hp and a video of what I imagine is a stock M3 DCT. Please test this out on your own stopwatches to see just how close in acceleration a stock TT-RS is to the M3 and how little is needed to be quite a bit quicker.

[u2b]DEkBth3OlbY&feature=related[/u2b]
[u2b]8_RPitIRkDo&feature=related[/u2b]
[u2b]KCopTJEIi9g&feature=related[/u2b]

Crackling little car with an amazing little engine to be able to sit with the hugely impressive M3.
footie is offline   No_Country