BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Electronics | Audio | Security
 
GT Haus
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-03-2009, 05:01 PM   #23
SlammedR8
Brigadier General
SlammedR8's Avatar
Canada
121
Rep
4,937
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 Audi R8 V10 +2013 Audi S4
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via MSN to SlammedR8
price drop yet?
__________________
2010 Audi R8 V10 Coupe 6MT-White on Red
GMG Exhaust | H&R Springs | H&R Spacers | Carbonio Intake | UniTronic ECU Upgrade| 15% Tints/50% Windshield|LED License Plate
2013 Range Rover Sport-Black on Black
Stock with 15% Tint & 50% Windshield
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2009, 05:40 PM   #24
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
tom @ eas's Avatar
United_States
327
Rep
10,630
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedm3 View Post
price drop yet?
Pricing has not changed, the modules have been selling very well as the current cost.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2009, 10:43 PM   #25
SlammedR8
Brigadier General
SlammedR8's Avatar
Canada
121
Rep
4,937
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 Audi R8 V10 +2013 Audi S4
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via MSN to SlammedR8
for those without comfort access, it is a great buy for the selling price
but for anyone with comfort access, and they are only purchasing the device in order to be able drop the top while moving, and being able to have a one touch button instead of having to hold it...its a bit pricey for those 2 features IMHO.

Again, Im not saying that it isn't worth it, because anyone who doesn't have CA, this is a deal and a half.


****I say this because if the car is equipped with Comfort Access, then you can open and close the roof from the key fob
__________________
2010 Audi R8 V10 Coupe 6MT-White on Red
GMG Exhaust | H&R Springs | H&R Spacers | Carbonio Intake | UniTronic ECU Upgrade| 15% Tints/50% Windshield|LED License Plate
2013 Range Rover Sport-Black on Black
Stock with 15% Tint & 50% Windshield
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2009, 01:50 AM   #26
AUH
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
43
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 M6 Gran Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: UAE

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedm3 View Post
for those without comfort access, it is a great buy for the selling price
but for anyone with comfort access, and they are only purchasing the device in order to be able drop the top while moving, and being able to have a one touch button instead of having to hold it...its a bit pricey for those 2 features IMHO.

Again, Im not saying that it isn't worth it, because anyone who doesn't have CA, this is a deal and a half.


****I say this because if the car is equipped with Comfort Access, then you can open and close the roof from the key fob
I have CA on my car and got the smartTOP module and I must say it is worth every penny. It's true that with CA you can open and close the top with the key however with this module you can do it from the key and walk away without having to wait for it to finish. The top will come up, windows will come up and the car will lock itself.

The other great thing is you can also open the top while approaching the car with the key and get in the car, start it and even drive off (all when the top is still folding). I used to hate having to stand outside and not be able to open the door until the top is done folding.

Anyway it's fortunate for most that spring is coming however here in the UAE the topdown season is close to an end (at least during the day) as the weather is starting to get warm!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2009, 02:04 PM   #27
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
tom @ eas's Avatar
United_States
327
Rep
10,630
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saif View Post
I have CA on my car and got the smartTOP module and I must say it is worth every penny. It's true that with CA you can open and close the top with the key however with this module you can do it from the key and walk away without having to wait for it to finish. The top will come up, windows will come up and the car will lock itself.

The other great thing is you can also open the top while approaching the car with the key and get in the car, start it and even drive off (all when the top is still folding). I used to hate having to stand outside and not be able to open the door until the top is done folding.

Anyway it's fortunate for most that spring is coming however here in the UAE the topdown season is close to an end (at least during the day) as the weather is starting to get warm!
Great post - good to get some actual feedback from users.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2009, 02:18 PM   #28
david @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
david @ eas's Avatar
United_States
113
Rep
4,054
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Anaheim

iTrader: (5)

Thanks for all the inquiries guys! All PM's replied to!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2009, 05:41 PM   #29
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
tom @ eas's Avatar
United_States
327
Rep
10,630
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
All orders have shipped - more in stock.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2009, 08:35 PM   #30
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
tom @ eas's Avatar
United_States
327
Rep
10,630
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
All weekend orders shipped - tracking numbers in email.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 07:37 PM   #31
CATAHOULA
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
46
Posts

 
Drives: E93 M3 Coming
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alberta, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saif View Post
I have CA on my car and got the smartTOP module and I must say it is worth every penny.
With CA is it really worth $365? Every penny???

26 seconds of your time must be worth a lot...
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2009, 05:57 PM   #32
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
tom @ eas's Avatar
United_States
327
Rep
10,630
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Thanks gentlemen - all orders shipping this afternoon.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 02:47 PM   #33
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
tom @ eas's Avatar
United_States
327
Rep
10,630
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Weekend orders are processing and will be shipped today.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 02:07 PM   #34
Zoominrex
First Lieutenant
Zoominrex's Avatar
7
Rep
387
Posts

 
Drives: E93 M3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

can you pm me the DIY instructions for this?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2009, 12:29 PM   #35
david @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
david @ eas's Avatar
United_States
113
Rep
4,054
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Anaheim

iTrader: (5)

Thanks for your orders gentlemen!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2009, 02:17 PM   #36
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
tom @ eas's Avatar
United_States
327
Rep
10,630
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
All inquiries replied - feel free to contact me with any questions you have.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2010, 11:03 AM   #37
pixelwiz
New Member
0
Rep
6
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 BMW 328i Convertible
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Anyone in Florida know how to install one of these for me? Does it void the warranty?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2010, 01:27 PM   #38
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
tom @ eas's Avatar
United_States
327
Rep
10,630
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelwiz View Post
Anyone in Florida know how to install one of these for me? Does it void the warranty?
Any +12V electronics installer should be able to perform the installation for you.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 09:44 PM   #39
ProjectM
New Member
ProjectM's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
24
Posts

 
Drives: E93
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SoCali

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saif View Post
Got it installed yesterday and must say it is really convenient to have this.

It's great to be able to walk to the car while opening the top using the one touch feature and the remote and just get in and drive away while the top is still being opened!

DID you Installed by yourself or u bring to the BMW?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2010, 04:33 AM   #40
AUH
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
43
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 M6 Gran Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: UAE

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectM View Post
DID you Installed by yourself or u bring to the BMW?
Did it myself. Instructions were pretty clear but it was time consuming
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:26 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST