BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

PYSPEED

09-14-2010, 12:09 AM   #45
montreal red
chris

Drives: White Boat

Send a message via MSN to montreal red
damn that brown leather looks amazing in the ruby car.

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2013 GLK350
997.1 GT3RS (gone)
2009 WRX STI (gone)
e92 M3 (gone)
montreal red is offline   Canada
      09-14-2010, 12:35 AM   #46
1cleanm3
Brigadier General

Drives: ///E92M3*RR Sport*Prius

i wish us usa customers got euro seats -_-
      09-14-2010, 12:39 AM   #47
H2
Second Lieutenant

Drives: LSB E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
I'm curious about the exact same thing. OP, can you comment on whether the interior on the Dakar M3 is something that can even be ordered on Individual? and if so, can it be ordered in the US (perhaps via ED)?

- esquire
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i Piotr View Post
From what the guy there told me, is that's part of the Special Edition. Not sure if it can be ordered Individual.
Quote:
That's very odd. I wonder what "special edition" this is. It's also a little weird to me that the one place any of us have seen this unique interior is from pics of the car on a dealership floor, rather than official BMW pics. I wish we had some solid details on this. I'm completely enamored.
It looks like that Dakar Yellow M3 is an "Edition" model as mentioned in the following thread: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287538. However, it looks like the black gloss wheels were replaced with the standard 19" wheels. The "Edition" models were not available in the U.S. As far as contrast stitching goes, some people have been able to get it through the Individual program in the U.S. (e.g., "Ringmeister").
      09-14-2010, 12:40 AM   #48
cipher5

Drives: 2011 535xi Sedan

I really with Ruby Black was a standard color, that would be my choice in a hearbeat
cipher5 is offline   United_States
      09-14-2010, 01:53 AM   #49
esquire
Colonel

Drives: 2011.5 Dakar Yellow M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2 View Post
It looks like that Dakar Yellow M3 is an "Edition" model as mentioned in the following thread: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287538. However, it looks like the black gloss wheels were replaced with the standard 19" wheels. The "Edition" models were not available in the U.S. As far as contrast stitching goes, some people have been able to get it through the Individual program in the U.S. (e.g., "Ringmeister").
Quite possibly. Thanks for the links... I'll check them out!

EDIT - H2, Looks like your'e right about it being an "Edition" package interior. But regarding Ringmeister's car, it looks like Ringmesiter has contrast stitching like you mentioned, but not the wide contrast stripe on the top backrest, and lower legrest, which is yellow on the dakar coupe in this thread. In fact, Ringmeisters seat, don't even have the "indentation" (if you want to call it that), where the colored contrast stripe would go. Odd. Interestingly though, there was a car in THIS INDIVIDUAL COLOR THREAD, which had Individual Platinum Interior, Piano Black Trim on a Moonstone Metallic car, and the seats on that car did have the "indentation", though they were the same color as the rest of the seats. Now I'm more curious than ever

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]

Last edited by esquire; 09-14-2010 at 02:44 AM.
esquire is offline   United_States
      09-14-2010, 12:37 PM   #50
M3 Piotr
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: E90 M3 Frozen Black

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sor View Post
"Alle Priese inkl MwSt"... all prices include taxes, there's a 19% sales tax, and an emissions tax, and not sure what else... even then you have to compare cost of living as well. It's more expensive to live there, therefore wages are higher, but taxes are also higher, so it's really next to impossible to look at a pricetag like that and compare cost.
I wouldn't say they make more, there aren't that many nice cars in Europe as there are in US. And you're right, they do get taxed on everything. When I told my neighbors that I have a V8 4.0 liter in my car, they almost cried. They have to pay for insurance based on the size of the engine, hence the cars with like 1.1L, 1.5L, 2.0L engines here. Plus gas is twice as expensive.

2011 E90 M3 Frozen Black (1 of 1)
///M Flight
M3 Piotr is offline   Poland
      09-14-2010, 02:48 PM   #51
sbm3
Private

Drives: 2010 BMW M3 coupe

Garage List
2010 M-3 Coupe  [0.00]
2002 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
Thanks for posting the Ruby Black coupe. That is the color I most would like to get. You did as good a job of capturing the true color as I have seen in a photo...
      09-14-2010, 04:27 PM   #52
MikeM5

Drives: E90 M3, BRZ, X5 4.8is

the interior on the ruby car is gorgeous. super classy
      09-14-2010, 04:34 PM   #53
H2
Second Lieutenant

Drives: LSB E92 M3

Quote:
Quite possibly. Thanks for the links... I'll check them out!

EDIT - H2, Looks like your'e right about it being an "Edition" package interior. But regarding Ringmeister's car, it looks like Ringmesiter has contrast stitching like you mentioned, but not the wide contrast stripe on the top backrest, and lower legrest, which is yellow on the dakar coupe in this thread. In fact, Ringmeisters seat, don't even have the "indentation" (if you want to call it that), where the colored contrast stripe would go. Odd. Interestingly though, there was a car in THIS INDIVIDUAL COLOR THREAD, which had Individual Platinum Interior, Piano Black Trim on a Moonstone Metallic car, and the seats on that car did have the "indentation", though they were the same color as the rest of the seats. Now I'm more curious than ever
The standard seats available for the E90 and E92 M3 in the U.S. do not have that "indentation" on the seat thigh supports/lower leg rest. They do for M3s for just about every other place in the world (and for U.S. E93 M3s). The "Edition" M3s have that indentation (and the one on the top backrest) in a contrasting color. The M3 you pointed out was a regular Individual M3 in Australia, which by default would have the indentation. You can replace the leather thigh support covers with the "euro" cover that has the "indentation" as "Technic" has done.
      09-14-2010, 05:30 PM   #54
esquire
Colonel

Drives: 2011.5 Dakar Yellow M3 Coupe

Great information H2. I probably should have known that indentation is a Euro vs. US issue. I wonder if its possible to get the indentation via BMW individual if, like me, you are situated int he US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2 View Post
The standard seats available for the E90 and E92 M3 in the U.S. do not have that "indentation" on the seat thigh supports/lower leg rest. They do for M3s for just about every other place in the world (and for U.S. E93 M3s). The "Edition" M3s have that indentation (and the one on the top backrest) in a contrasting color. The M3 you pointed out was a regular Individual M3 in Australia, which by default would have the indentation. You can replace the leather thigh support covers with the "euro" cover that has the "indentation" as "Technic" has done.

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
esquire is offline   United_States
      09-14-2010, 06:25 PM   #55
fastrack
Captain

Drives: 11 MW e92 M3

Love the yellow, but i would never buy one

Mineral White + HRE + Brembo + Eisenmann + Challenge = Perfection
fastrack is offline   Canada
      09-14-2010, 07:45 PM   #56
vinnycg
Captain

Drives: 2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe

Ruby is nutz

-Vin
      09-14-2010, 11:00 PM   #57
crackberry
Major

Drives: Porsche Carrera GTS (997.2)

would be nice if they made those colors in mass production.
crackberry is offline   United_States
      09-15-2010, 04:48 PM   #58
TTG

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
I am currently in Europe for vacation...........(now in Ireland)

Almost every single M3 i saw in London was an individual and they had one in at a dealership in Park Lane in Ruby (Audi S8 looks much better in that color :-) ! Still an amazing color but I still love the Dakar Yellow!
      09-15-2010, 05:10 PM   #59
JSCO
Brigadier General

Drives: SLOW

ruby red....
JSCO is online now   United Arab Emirates