BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav
 
Strasse Wheels
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-06-2010, 03:00 PM   #1
Robertyu
Private First Class
Robertyu's Avatar
4
Rep
118
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Honolulu

iTrader: (0)

Hifi Harness Connectors?

Can anyone point into the right direction to source the hifi harness connectors? I'm looking to do an audio upgrade with a processor, amps, subs, speakers, etc., and I don't want to cut into the rear amp harness.

I was waiting for Technic to start selling the hifi interface harness he was working on, the wait got down to two weeks, but not that's now past and he's let me know via PM he does not have an ETA for this product anymore.

With that source of a pre-made harness gone, I now need to source the connectors to make my own. I got pretty good at sourcing some of the Japanese OEM connectors for ECUs and sensors, but that was a few years ago. Any hints people know where would be the best place to start the hunt?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2010, 03:30 PM   #2
kmarei
Major General
kmarei's Avatar
Egypt
130
Rep
6,481
Posts

 
Drives: 1988 E30 M3 Evo II
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Reston, VA

iTrader: (33)

Garage List
buy a used E46 hifi amp, and extract the connector from that
i paid $15 for mine
but i overdid it on the soldering and melted the plastic
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2010, 04:45 PM   #3
Technic
Lieutenant General
Technic's Avatar
United_States
174
Rep
11,205
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 320i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

iTrader: (18)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
I got a tracking number saying that they will be delivered the 15 of September now...
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2010, 07:19 PM   #4
Robertyu
Private First Class
Robertyu's Avatar
4
Rep
118
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Honolulu

iTrader: (0)

Whoa, that's GREAT news Technic! Please PM me ordering instructions to 96706. Hallelujah!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2010, 08:05 PM   #5
kmarei
Major General
kmarei's Avatar
Egypt
130
Rep
6,481
Posts

 
Drives: 1988 E30 M3 Evo II
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Reston, VA

iTrader: (33)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
I got a tracking number saying that they will be delivered the 15 of September now...
So when do we start the queue?
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2010, 09:47 AM   #6
gemurdock
BMWCCA Member
gemurdock's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
50
Posts

 
Drives: '11 AW ZCP ZTP E92
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Roanoke, VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarei View Post
So when do we start the queue?
I don't know, but please put me in the queue
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2010, 10:44 AM   #7
Technic
Lieutenant General
Technic's Avatar
United_States
174
Rep
11,205
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 320i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

iTrader: (18)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
No need for queue, there will be plenty of harnesses available.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2010, 01:05 PM   #8
ssabripo
HALA MADRID!
ssabripo's Avatar
United_States
53
Rep
2,102
Posts

 
Drives: camels & donkeys
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Plantation, Fl

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via AIM to ssabripo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
No need for queue, there will be plenty of harnesses available.
technic, can you PM me the part numbers and suppliers please?
__________________

__________________________________________________ ____________
e90 M3, Interlagos Blue / M individual two-tone, ZCP, ZP2, ZCV, DCT, ED.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2010, 02:28 PM   #9
ersin
Brigadier General
ersin's Avatar
United_States
42
Rep
4,070
Posts

 
Drives: 08 IB E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
I got a tracking number saying that they will be delivered the 15 of September now...
__________________

I've been assimilated. 6MT/ZPP/18"/PS extended.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2010, 05:15 PM   #10
Technic
Lieutenant General
Technic's Avatar
United_States
174
Rep
11,205
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 320i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

iTrader: (18)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssabripo View Post
technic, can you PM me the part numbers and suppliers please?
Sure...
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2010, 05:35 PM   #11
mrtm2008
Lieutenant
mrtm2008's Avatar
18
Rep
442
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E90 M3 Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Palm Beach Gardens, FL

iTrader: (2)

Question

Technic...did a search but nothing came up...what does this connector do & what does it look like? How much will it cost? I still haven't finished my sound system yet, been too busy with a moving, a new job 7 now a new baby boy.
__________________
08 E90 M3, JrzB/BB, 360 Forged 8 Mesh, H&R Springs, RPI Scoops, Eisenmann Sport Exh, VRS Lip, CF Decklid, CF Diffuser, OSS LED AE, Rear Headrest V1, '09 iDrive Controller, Euro Rear Fog, OEM BlackLine TL, MRTM Design E90 Pedals & Door Lock Studs
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2010, 06:38 PM   #12
Technic
Lieutenant General
Technic's Avatar
United_States
174
Rep
11,205
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 320i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

iTrader: (18)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtm2008 View Post
Technic...did a search but nothing came up...what does this connector do & what does it look like? How much will it cost? I still haven't finished my sound system yet, been too busy with a moving, a new job 7 now a new baby boy.
It just facilitates replacing the OEM HiFi amp with aftermarket without cutting/splicing or tapping any OEM wires.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2010, 09:21 PM   #13
Ryboy98
Private First Class
Ryboy98's Avatar
6
Rep
178
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Florida

iTrader: (11)

Remember, I'm in for one! My car is torn apart already, Sound deadening entire car ATM.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2010, 05:52 PM   #14
Robertyu
Private First Class
Robertyu's Avatar
4
Rep
118
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Honolulu

iTrader: (0)

Hey Technic,

If you also sell a kit that includes the speaker connection adapters, I'm in! That would of great service to us all. Let me know please. Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2010, 09:28 PM   #15
Technic
Lieutenant General
Technic's Avatar
United_States
174
Rep
11,205
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 320i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

iTrader: (18)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertyu View Post
Hey Technic,

If you also sell a kit that includes the speaker connection adapters, I'm in! That would of great service to us all. Let me know please. Thanks again.
I posted the P/N of the speaker connectors in this forum, it will be cheaper for you to buy them at the dealer although I can add them to the harness (even the battery distribution OEM plug also) if you want all together in one package for an extra cost.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2010, 09:33 PM   #16
Robertyu
Private First Class
Robertyu's Avatar
4
Rep
118
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Honolulu

iTrader: (0)

That would be an excellent package, and I would be willing to pay extra for it as the convenience is well worth it. Our dealer would never stock that stuff, so I'd have along wait for it anyways. I'm in luck that the guy that makes the speaker adapter rings lives on my island, so at least I can get that part locally.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2010, 01:52 PM   #17
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness
United_States
31
Rep
2,731
Posts

 
Drives: Slowly
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: At home

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
I posted the P/N of the speaker connectors in this forum, it will be cheaper for you to buy them at the dealer although I can add them to the harness (even the battery distribution OEM plug also) if you want all together in one package for an extra cost.
If there were two speaker lines going into the doors and rear deck from the amp I'd do this as well since it's that much easier. But since I have to run at least one wire anyway I might as well run two.

I AM interested in the power wire connectors, Elias. Direct lines to the batter for each amp??? Yes please. I'd still need power for the MS-8 though. Dammit, I really didn't want to run a distro block. Oh well, as always, let me know when they're in and I'll pick one up and the battery distribution plugs as well. Maybe I should see if I have any live slots first. lol
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2010, 02:56 PM   #18
Technic
Lieutenant General
Technic's Avatar
United_States
174
Rep
11,205
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 320i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

iTrader: (18)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality_sound View Post
If there were two speaker lines going into the doors and rear deck from the amp I'd do this as well since it's that much easier. But since I have to run at least one wire anyway I might as well run two.

I AM interested in the power wire connectors, Elias. Direct lines to the batter for each amp??? Yes please. I'd still need power for the MS-8 though. Dammit, I really didn't want to run a distro block. Oh well, as always, let me know when they're in and I'll pick one up and the battery distribution plugs as well. Maybe I should see if I have any live slots first. lol
Yes, check it out... the distribution block is really custom made depending your options. You cannot add slots if you do not have one available, you have to buy a new distribution block with all the slots.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2010, 03:00 PM   #19
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness
United_States
31
Rep
2,731
Posts

 
Drives: Slowly
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: At home

iTrader: (1)

I'll do that and get back to you. Did you get me other OM about the harness? I didn't hear back from you but I figured you got busy. I just wanted to make sure.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2010, 03:46 PM   #20
808MGuy
Colonel
808MGuy's Avatar
49
Rep
2,287
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Oahu, Hawaii

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Yes, check it out... the distribution block is really custom made depending your options. You cannot add slots if you do not have one available, you have to buy a new distribution block with all the slots.
How do you buy one with all the slots hot? I wouldn't mind going that route for future upgrades.
__________________
09 E90 M3 - Interlagos Blue / Black Novillo / Sycamore Anthracite / Eibach / HRE

Appreciate 0
      09-13-2010, 05:24 PM   #21
Technic
Lieutenant General
Technic's Avatar
United_States
174
Rep
11,205
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 320i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

iTrader: (18)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality_sound View Post
I'll do that and get back to you. Did you get me other OM about the harness? I didn't hear back from you but I figured you got busy. I just wanted to make sure.
Send it again... I don't remember the question.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2010, 05:30 PM   #22
Technic
Lieutenant General
Technic's Avatar
United_States
174
Rep
11,205
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 320i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

iTrader: (18)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808MGuy View Post
How do you buy one with all the slots hot? I wouldn't mind going that route for future upgrades.
Slot = fuse



P/N 61146971370 ~$40.00: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...46&hg=61&fg=30
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:48 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST