BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

GTB Performance

09-07-2010, 11:29 AM   #1
Feyd
Major

Drives: a DEEZZULL

Burning the Quran

Is this dude really so short sighted that he can't see what he's about to do?

http://www.nctimes.com/news/national...0642bc23d.html

How do you think he'd react if a Muslim group was holding a bible burning?

I normally don't get caught up to much in this kind of thing, but to think that he could potentially put American lives in danger by this and he's still not going to back down because "the book is evil".

FUUUUUCK it's infurating.
      09-07-2010, 11:45 AM   #2
fdsasdasdf
Captain

Drives: 330Ci ZHP 6sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyd View Post
How do you think he'd react if a Muslim group was holding a bible burning?
:
He'd get all pissy and bitchy; probably try to convince people to pass some sort of law against it and act like burning a Bible was unforgivable while completely ignoring the sheer disrespect of his own Quran burning act.
      09-07-2010, 01:36 PM   #3
Negotiator
Lieutenant

Drives: 07 GTI

Who cares? Someone linked a video of some dude loling at the guy. Isn't burning the book the only appropriate way of disposing of the Quaran?
Negotiator is offline   Ukraine
      09-07-2010, 05:48 PM   #4
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka

Drives: Exceptionally well :)

I'm not sure if you all read the whole article, but the irony is thick.

By no means should anyone who claims to be a christian organize a demonstration of this nature. I'm glad he only has about 50 followers at that so called church.

But when you consider the political point of view it really makes America seem like a big pussy. I mean you don't see americans ready to invade the embassy of a country who's people recently burned an American flag or posted a video of our country men being publicly mutilated and hung for all to see. After all the freedom America provides to all of it's citizens (and non citizens) gives him the right do burn what ever books he wants to. The irony i see is that the powers at be will typically say of an american publicly defiling an american flag; it's the american freedom which allows them to that. But when an american threatens to burn a religious book all the powers at be say that it's wrong.

More disturbing is why they say it's wrong. they don't want him to do it because they fear the WORLD WIDE repercussions or as they stated retaliations of Islamic people. I find it disturbing because of everyone who applauds the peaceful muslim religion, yet fear the lethal repercussions that may come on all americans world wide because of the actions of one jackass.

I mean you have a crap load of religious leaders having a summit about this issue and what will happen around the world if this guy goes through with his intentions.
Quote:
The Vatican newspaper on Tuesday published an article in which Catholic bishops, including Archbishop Lawrence John Saldanha of Lahore, Pakistan, criticized Jones' plan.
"No one burns the Quran," read the headline in Tuesday's L'Osservatore Romano
Do you think that muslims would be worried about what would happen to the people of islam if one muslim burned a bunch of bibles? Hell, you could even make it a normal muslim guy, not even an "extremest" and most americans wouldn't give two craps about what they did. But should one christian extremest who has maybe 300 people who will openly share his views burn some Qurans and death will rain down upon all americans and christians world wide. Even the the friggin general who commands the worlds most powerful army fears the wrath of islam should their book be burned. You can bet your ass that the Vatican news paper wouldn't publish a paper where the headline would read "No one burns the Bible" if a muslim were planning on burning some bibles.

Really? America's stones are that small?

Again, i'm fully against the actions this idiot wants to take, but i'm also prepared to sit by idly because it's his constitutional right to do so. And i kinda feel like America should make the world aware that this persons freedom of speech will not be impeded upon. This is America, and for at least a little while longer; The land of the Free!

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
Mr Tonka is offline   United_States
      09-07-2010, 06:47 PM   #5
Feyd
Major

Drives: a DEEZZULL

I see your point of view fully... and I had thought about elaborating on it in my original post. These people have rights... and if they want to burn copies of the Quran, then so be it. I guess where I take issue is the spin that "it's a church that wants to do it" rather than "some guy and his 50 followers want to do it".

It's nothing new that things like this and even entire wars are fought over religion... but if this guy is in fact religious and he's doing it in the name of God, what about that bit of scripture "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."?

Maybe it's the selective interpretation of the bible that is pissing me off.

In my home town (rural Southern Illinois) there was a super conservative group of Southern Baptists that literally during a sermon (I was there with a friend casually) said that all of the gays should be killed since they were an abomination. Statements like that are a bit hypocritical when one of the fundamental commandments is "thou shalt not kill".

So to paraphrase, "Praise God" out of one side of the mouth while "kill those mother fuckers" is being spewn out of the other...

Anyway.. I'll admit that I'm not the biggest fan of organized religion but I hate it when idiots like this are giving the good people a bad name.
      09-07-2010, 08:09 PM   #6
Javi335
Troll but nice

Drives: 335i E92

The last 5 threads are about muslims

Tell Obama nuke em all at once, fuck!!
Javi335 is offline   Spain
      09-07-2010, 09:03 PM   #7
ghosthi32
Banned

Drives: Water camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi335 View Post

so much hate...
      09-07-2010, 09:11 PM   #8
TMNT
Captain

Drives: 330ci ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthi32 View Post
so much hate...
He's from Spain. What did you expect?
      09-07-2010, 09:32 PM   #9
ak335
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: Cayman S

Quote:

Useless fuck
      09-07-2010, 09:35 PM   #10
Javi335
Troll but nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthi32 View Post
so much hate...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak335 View Post
Useless fuck
Hhahaha. So clear you US(?) people never deal directly with they. My country since centuries till now.

We win

We will do it again. In the name of God our lord. (or whatever)

Last edited by Javi335; 09-07-2010 at 09:43 PM.
      09-07-2010, 09:50 PM   #11
ghosthi32
Banned

Drives: Water camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT View Post
true
      09-07-2010, 09:56 PM   #12
hks786
Major General

Drives: *

Quote:

Fuckin dick.

Quote:
Hhahaha. So clear you US(?) people never deal directly with they. My country since centuries till now.

We win

We will do it again. In the name of God our lord. (or whatever)

Deal with what directly? Muslims? This kind of thinking is what is wrong with the world. I dont see how burning the Quran solves any problems.
      09-07-2010, 10:08 PM   #13
len56
Private

Drives: like a gentleman, yo

this is why religions are useless and only a deviation of human progress.

i can't wait till we shrug them off fully and get our science on
      09-08-2010, 04:28 AM   #14
Javi335
Troll but nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
Fuckin dick.

Deal with what directly? Muslims? This kind of thinking is what is wrong with the world. I dont see how burning the Quran solves any problems.
Oooooh, mr. tolerance forgets about 11-m or the London explosions. Did that solved any problems for they?

Can you imagine a radical spaniard group bombing netherlands for ask Flandes to be Spain territory like Al-Qaeda claims for Andalucia region? do you, fuckin stupid tea drinker?
      09-08-2010, 08:30 AM   #15
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない

Drives: 2009 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
I'm glad I'm living in Japan and I don't hear about this stuff every day anymore.
Mega Man is offline   United_States
      09-08-2010, 11:51 AM   #16
Nedim
Captain

Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Fuck religion
Nedim is offline   United_States
      09-08-2010, 12:38 PM   #17
Javi335
Troll but nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedim View Post
Fuck religion
hahaha

the main conflict with muslism countrys doesnt have none with the religion. It just they got oil, and we need it
      09-08-2010, 02:53 PM   #18
CIGARGUY
Second Lieutenant

Drives: '06 e90

I'm Christian, and pretty strong about my convictions, but I don't agree with this display. No matter what religion you look into, there are normal people and there are extremists. Unfortunantly, most groups get judged by the extremists that exist on the fringe of their global beliefs. Does this guy have a right to do this? Yes. Is it going to aid in people siding with him? Highly unlikely. In the Bible, Jesus never promoted this type of behavior. It basically all boils down to...love God, love people. It's sad what people will do and pin "God's" name to it.
      09-08-2010, 03:44 PM   #19
hks786
Major General

Drives: *

Quote:
Oooooh, mr. tolerance forgets about 11-m or the London explosions. Did that solved any problems for they?

Can you imagine a radical spaniard group bombing netherlands for ask Flandes to be Spain territory like Al-Qaeda claims for Andalucia region? do you, fuckin stupid tea drinker?
9/11 and 7/7 were events carried out by terrorists, not muslims and def not representing the religion or the majority of muslims' beliefs. Terrorism has been widely hated by muslims across the world.

However, for dicks like you terrorism and islam seem to be the same thing and you use that mentality to justify burning the Quran. Actually in your previous post you said that noone deals with the problem directly i.e. muslims/islam and suggested that maybe burning the Quran would solve it.

You got the problem WRONG and the solution even more WRONG. Anyway, you say Islam is wrong and I say you are wrong. Everyone likes to think they are right but doesnt mean they actually are.
      09-08-2010, 03:48 PM   #20
Nedim
Captain

Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

They werent carried out by terrorists.
Nedim is offline   United_States
      09-08-2010, 05:09 PM   #21
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner

Drives: E90 325i Arctic

HKS, don't buy into this. There are more of us who understand this is wrong, just as you understand it's wrong for extremist to burn the US flag.
UncleWede is offline   United_States
      09-08-2010, 05:30 PM   #22
carve
Major

Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
9/11 and 7/7 were events carried out by terrorists, not muslims and def not representing the religion or the majority of muslims' beliefs. Terrorism has been widely hated by muslims across the world.

However, for dicks like you terrorism and islam seem to be the same thing and you use that mentality to justify burning the Quran. Actually in your previous post you said that noone deals with the problem directly i.e. muslims/islam and suggested that maybe burning the Quran would solve it.

You got the problem WRONG and the solution even more WRONG. Anyway, you say Islam is wrong and I say you are wrong. Everyone likes to think they are right but doesnt mean they actually are.
You're setting up a false dichotomy. They were carried out by terrorists who were Muslims. They carried out their attack for religous reasons, that are rationalizable in the Koran, whether you agree with their interpertation or not. Plenty of others DO agree with their interpertation. I remember a couple of years ago, a survey in Pakistan found Bin Laden to have a ~50% approval rating.

Most Muslims are peaceful and just want a good life like everyone else, but Islam has a disproportionately huge number of fundamentalists, and, consequently, extremists and terrorists. It's also hyper-sensitive to criticism, and a lot of people have been killed or threatened for criticising, or merely not obeying Islam. Not exactly an environment the discourages terrorism now, is it?