BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Strasse Wheels

08-27-2010, 12:19 PM   #133
ellipsis212
I bought my ski mask in Aspen
Rep

Drives: MB 330i 6MT

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
Further, the American dream is something completely arbitrary and different to everyone - don't assume your own interpretation is commonly accepted. For many, the American dream is living in a nice small town, working and living off the land, and otherwise living a humble and out of the spotlight existence. It's not mine, certainly isn't yours, but for these people's American dream, NYC is far from an ideal locale
copy that. the American dream IS different for everyone though i guess what i meant was probably the American "ideal" which is to say that America is a place where people from all backgrounds, colors, languages, and creeds can come and live together in peace and harmony blah blah etc. NYC happens to be a pretty good example of that ideal (if one even agrees that we are about that)

does it work? barely, but it does work.

when i go home to the South i realize that a lot of otherwise "good" people that i know are really closet racists and xenophobes. to them America is a white Christian nation and everyone coming into it is supposed to assimilate with the prevailing culture, but what if the prevailing culture changes? will white Christians accept change as part of what the country is (a dynamic entity) or do they act as though they are being infringed upon? will they forget how they came to possess this land in the first place?

i think if NY'ers (and other city-dwellers) have 1 advantage over other people it's that they are forced to live alongside others with whom they have nothing in common. it's often difficult and frustrating but here you have to make it work. it makes you a better person if not a more nasal sounding and obnoxious one. too bad for that!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2010, 07:33 PM   #134
Javi335
Troll but nice
Spain
Rep

Drives: 335i E92

Loor to Vladimir Putin

He do know how to deal with the Islamist scum who murdered his people, unlike our weak leaders. Nothing compared with the shows that got in the West.

Russia's policy towards the Islamic terrorist scum is annihilation. They understand that to deal with these savages is nonsense wasting time judging them, but it is much easier, faster and finish them effective anti-terrorist operations of punishment and national security. Nothing to do with Spain, where we have prisons full of son of Mohamed planning another 11-m, and in the end legalizing al-Qaeda as" Cultural Association "with the subsidy paid rigor of our pockets.
But the Russians, they do not go around with nonsense.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2010, 07:37 PM   #135
ghosthi32
Banned
Rep

Drives: Water camel

too bad the russians support iran...oh arent they run by radical muslims?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2010, 08:01 PM   #136
Javi335
Troll but nice
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthi32 View Post
too bad the russians support iran...oh arent they run by radical muslims?
Russia support many sanctions against them too, but the oil bussines is complicated ... ask Bush and Laden family
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2010, 08:07 PM   #137
ghosthi32
Banned
Rep

Drives: Water camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi335 View Post
Russia support many sanctions against them too, but the oil bussines is complicated ... ask Bush and Laden family
right...
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2010, 08:24 PM   #138
Javi335
Troll but nice
Spain
Rep

Its human nature. At the end we are just animals hunting, protecting and expanding our territory. For eat, for oil ... it makes no difference. No LHC cant beat our instincts.

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2010, 10:20 AM   #139
mfeltiii
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: '10 AW E92 6mt

whoa
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2010, 07:34 AM   #140
Javi335
Troll but nice
Spain
Rep

Santiago y cierra España!!! Al ataqueeeeeeeeeee!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2010, 04:00 AM   #141
zetaxi165
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: '07 e92 335, TiAg

In my country, something similar happened over the last 500 years.

Many temples were destroyed and mosques were built on their spots - this is a symbol of conquest.

And anyone who reads the Quran will know that there is no such thing as peace. Their duty is to be at war with the non-believers - i.e the rest of the world.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2010, 03:45 PM   #142
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka
United_States
Rep

Drives: Exceptionally well :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
I think people are fucking confused. They're taking an entire religion: an entire religion, and are considering them ALL terrorists because some select extremists in that religion caused 9/11. It's stupid. People say that it's a religion full of hate, lack of rights, etc.

If I were to cut down the Bible piece-by-piece, I'd find some ridiculous things in there too that makes Christianity seem like an extremely restrictive and hating religion. But people like to pick-and-choose, so they'll conveniently ignore those little quotes from the Bible

Dear America: stop being fucking ignorant and retarded.
There is a slight difference between Christian extremists and Islamic extremists. World wide, in modern times, Islamic extremists kill more people in a few months than Christian extremists in a few decades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetaxi165 View Post
In my country, something similar happened over the last 500 years.

Many temples were destroyed and mosques were built on their spots - this is a symbol of conquest.

And anyone who reads the Quran will know that there is no such thing as peace. Their duty is to be at war with the non-believers - i.e the rest of the world.
Seems like this would be obvious to everyone...

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2010, 04:29 PM   #143
AdmiralAdama
Rep

Drives: 128i Coupe. Color TBD.

One of the least pleasant parts of this argument has been the refusal of mosque proponents from ascribing anything other than "racism" or 'islamophobia" to the 60-70% of Americans who would like the mosque to be built elsewhere.

So I ask a question: when the Pope asked the Carmelite Nuns who wanted to build a convent right next to Auschwitz to move, was he being an anti-Catholic bigot?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2010, 06:42 PM   #144
fdsasdasdf
Captain
Rep

Drives: 330Ci ZHP 6sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
There is a slight difference between Christian extremists and Islamic extremists. World wide, in modern times, Islamic extremists kill more people in a few months than Christian extremists in a few decades.
That is true, though. It's unfortunate that is what happens when people twist their religion into something terrible. Unfortunately, some Muslims out there have done that. To me, it's not necessarily the religion but it is the person that creates such hate to kill others. People can perform a lot of mental gymnastics to justify what they are doing. I just hate it when people think that they are so correct about something that they need to go convert everyone else, and if they refuse to convert then they'll kill 'em. Shit's messed up.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2010, 02:00 PM   #145
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
That is true, though. It's unfortunate that is what happens when people twist their religion into something terrible. Unfortunately, some Muslims out there have done that. To me, it's not necessarily the religion but it is the person that creates such hate to kill others. People can perform a lot of mental gymnastics to justify what they are doing. I just hate it when people think that they are so correct about something that they need to go convert everyone else, and if they refuse to convert then they'll kill 'em. Shit's messed up.
Totally messed up.

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2010, 02:10 PM   #146
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralAdama View Post
One of the least pleasant parts of this argument has been the refusal of mosque proponents from ascribing anything other than "racism" or 'islamophobia" to the 60-70% of Americans who would like the mosque to be built elsewhere.

So I ask a question: when the Pope asked the Carmelite Nuns who wanted to build a convent right next to Auschwitz to move, was he being an anti-Catholic bigot?
Good point.

Appreciate 0