BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

GTB Performance

09-01-2010, 04:05 PM   #45
MJC///M3
Colonel

Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3

Ahhh...the proverbial "Bushisms"......

here are a few beauties from YOUR president:

-I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go

-Let me be absolutely clear. Israel is a strong friend of Israel's. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under a McCain...administration. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under an Obama administration. So that policy is not going to change

-No, no. I have been practicing...I bowled a 129. It's like -- it was like Special Olympics, or something

-In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed." --on a Kansas tornado that killed 12 people

should I keep going???
"You will get there, but it is up to you and you alone. It is what you are willing to do, and how you are willing to get there. You must be relentless, you must be tireless, you must pursue at all costs, so that you are ready, when the time is right." -Dad
MJC///M3 is offline   United_States
      09-01-2010, 04:05 PM   #46
Negotiator
Lieutenant

Drives: 07 GTI

Financial reform, healthcare reform, reforging international relations with Russia, renegotiating a nuclear disarmament treaty, the second stimulus bill, begun withdrawal from Iraq, tech funding for public schools, saving the auto industry by both bailout (repayed or in the process of being repayed) and cash for clunkers, reaffirming US stance on torture,
revisiting the policy on Cuba, empowered the FDA further....etc. Haters gonna hate.
Negotiator is offline   Ukraine
      09-01-2010, 04:06 PM   #47
DenverJayhawk
Major

Drives: 2006 E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER11 View Post
That poor misguided fool(DenverJayhawk)... Looks like it's too late, Olberman and Matthews have already gotten to him.
You can keep believing that Obama is wrong for the country. That's certainly your right. I voted for Obama and have absolutely NO REGRET whatsoever. Obama is a breath of fresh air compared to the last administration.

330i, Black Sapphire, 6MT, Sport, Active Steering, Flux Capacitor
      09-01-2010, 04:07 PM   #48
DenverJayhawk
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC///M3 View Post
Ahhh...the proverbial "Bushisms"......

here are a few beauties from YOUR president:

-I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go

-Let me be absolutely clear. Israel is a strong friend of Israel's. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under a McCain...administration. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under an Obama administration. So that policy is not going to change

-No, no. I have been practicing...I bowled a 129. It's like -- it was like Special Olympics, or something

-In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed." --on a Kansas tornado that killed 12 people

should I keep going???

Please keep going. For every misstatement from Obama, I can name 10 from W.

09-01-2010, 04:07 PM   #49
MJC///M3
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
hahaha...

touche ....
"You will get there, but it is up to you and you alone. It is what you are willing to do, and how you are willing to get there. You must be relentless, you must be tireless, you must pursue at all costs, so that you are ready, when the time is right." -Dad
      09-01-2010, 04:09 PM   #50
DenverJayhawk
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
The bailouts which Bush and the previous Congress( while Democrats had majority, it was a slim majority which nothing could have been passed without Republican support) started. So why are you blaming Obama for that? Bush started the bank bailouts and auto bailouts. Obama simply took over that. The versions of the stimulus bill and healthcare bill we all got was all because the Republicans were being partisan shitbags and was unwilling to meet in the middle. The Democrats put in measures the Republicans wanted in the stimulus bill. And one of the measures the Democrats took was reduce the amount of the money that was going to be allocated to our AGING AND FALLING APART infrastructure. That was to appease the Republicans. Even when they did all that, the Republicans still voted no. With the Healthcare bill, the Democrats showed some kind of willingness to meet in the middle and the Republicans said, " FUCK YOU!". And because of that, the public option was removed and now we are required to buy health insurance from for profit private institutions trying to make money off our health. Fuck that and I put blame on both sides. Republicans for being obstructionists and the Democrats having no fucking balls to push the public option through after it was clear the Republicans were going to do nothing, but get in the way of any kind of healthcare reform.

I voted for Obama. I do not regret my vote. He is better then McCain/Palin( especially Palin). Now I am not entirely happy with Obama's job right now in office. It goes back to my Democrats having no balls comment. He tried so hard to reach across the aisle, nothing got done. He didn't show leadership or balls and telling the Republicans to fuck off after attempts to come to the table. Is he better then Bush? Hell yeah! Has he changed the way we play politics in DC? Fuck no. Still the same shit as always. Does he deserve a second term? I don't know. I know I am not voting for him again( I am not voting at all. No party deserves my vote right now).

I think the auto bailouts have been his biggest success with credit going to Bush as well for starting the process. While the oil spill could have been handled better, he still made BP take responsibility and pay for everything, etc( with that $20 billion account BP had to pay into).

Overall, I am sick of politics. I am sick of this partisanship. The Republicans are controlled by the extremists of the party, the Democrats have no balls, and the Tea Party is a tool. As already demonstrated in this thread, neither side is being respectful about the differing view points. Our government is broken and there is no fix in sight. Pretty much, we're fucked and we'll be joining Ancient Rome within 50 years I would say.
Slight correction. The "tea party" initially called themselves "Tea Baggers". No joke.

09-01-2010, 04:10 PM   #51
MONSTER11
Private First Class

Drives: '11 Mustang 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negotiator View Post
Financial reform, healthcare reform, reforging international relations with Russia, renegotiating a nuclear disarmament treaty, the second stimulus bill, begun withdrawal from Iraq, tech funding for public schools, saving the auto industry by both bailout (repayed or in the process of being repayed) and cash for clunkers, reaffirming US stance on torture,
revisiting the policy on Cuba, empowered the FDA further....etc. Haters gonna hate.
Quote:
You can keep believing that Obama is wrong for the country. That's certainly your right. I voted for Obama and have absolutely NO REGRET whatsoever. Obama is a breath of fresh air compared to the last administration.
It's all about government take over... How in the hell could any sane person be for that? Please answer, I'm curious.
      09-01-2010, 04:15 PM   #52
DenverJayhawk
Major

Quote:
Dude, get off Bush already... He's not the president anymore, NOBAMA is. He asked you to come up with something positive this clown has done for our country and all you could come up with was stem cells... That should tell you something. Also, you call Kagan a moderate??? What "right-wingers" thought she was a good choice... Lindsey Graham
Hey Tough Guy,

Stem Cells jumped first to my mind because that was one of the first things Obama did when taking office. IMO, with having a brother with a spinal injury due to a motorcycle accident, it was one of the best things Obama has done. Of course there's a ton of other things. Just see Negotiators post.

Let me guess, do you actually believe the government is out to get you and take over everything? Do you really believe that is their agenda?

09-01-2010, 04:16 PM   #53
Red Bread
Brigadier General

Drives: My wife's car

Garage List
Quote:
It's all about government take over... How in the hell could any sane person be for that? Please answer, I'm curious.

Maybe you could answer how deficit spending is any different than pushing things into the hands of the government anyway? You act like Republican hands aren't just as dirty as Democrats.
Red Bread is offline   United_States
      09-01-2010, 04:16 PM   #54
MJC///M3
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negotiator View Post
Might wanna go back and read facts...before you post this
      09-01-2010, 04:25 PM   #55
MONSTER11
Private First Class

Drives: '11 Mustang 5.0

Quote:
Hey Tough Guy,

Stem Cells jumped first to my mind because that was one of the first things Obama did when taking office. IMO, with having a brother with a spinal injury due to a motorcycle accident, it was one of the best things Obama has done. Of course there's a ton of other things. Just see Negotiators post.

Let me guess, do you actually believe the government is out to get you and take over everything? Do you really believe that is their agenda?
First off, I am now seriously thinking of change my name from MONSTER11 to TOUGH GUY. Thank you for that... What do you think Obama, Pelosi, Reed and countless others want... More power of course, which translates to government trying to take over every aspect of our lives.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Maybe you could answer how deficit spending is any different than pushing things into the hands of the government anyway? You act like Republican hands aren't just as dirty as Democrats.
Never said that... I just think the democrats are taking this country in the total opposite way that our founders would have wanted and the majority of Americans want.
      09-01-2010, 04:27 PM   #56
quagmire
I am Gundam

Drives: 2014 Cadillac ATS 3.6 AWD

Quote:
Slight correction. The "tea party" initially called themselves "Tea Baggers". No joke.
Quote:
This is perfect example of why I am sick of this shit.

I don't care what they originally called themselves. While I don't like the Tea Party, I am not going to go mudslinging. They call themselves the Tea Party now and that is what I will call them.

And monster, you show no respect for another persons views of the matter. You think that your view is the correct one and any other persons view makes them insane or stupid or something. In my view, the government buying GM Corporations good assets have been a good thing. GM is now profitable and doing relatively well. And as shown a couple weeks ago, the steps to GM becoming public again has been taken with the filing of the IPO and the government will be selling its equity in GM. I also believe that there needs to be some kind of protectionism in our country. Now nothing like Japan's or South Korea's policy, but you can't just let our industry go the way of the dodo and be dependent on foreign companies for our products. No one could tell us how letting GM and Chrysler go under would have effect the industry. Would it pull Ford under as well? How about the suppliers? The economy is in a state where it could not absorb the huge loss. You can't let the free market go unchecked. We learned this lesson right now with our current recession. There needs to be regulation. There can't be too much regulation, but there needs to be some. There needs to be a balance between protectionism and the free market. We need to find it. We can't go to either extreme.

Now that is my opinion and you might disagree which is fine. But, I wish I would not be called insane, stupid, etc because of our differing opinions and view points

Last edited by quagmire; 09-01-2010 at 04:33 PM.
      09-01-2010, 04:29 PM   #57
BimmerPod
Private First Class

Drives: e92 335i

Quote:
no, I've already stated I don't think he's perfect. But he's exponentially better in my opinion than the last president in the oval office.

Do you even know what you're talking about regarding big banking? Do you realize what happens when the fed does nothing when the financial industry is about to collapse? Look back to 1929-1933 when the Fed did nothing and even tightened up credit after the economic collapse in 1929. I'm guessing you also have a problem with the bail out of the Big 3 auto makers? Do you understand what happens to not only the U.S Economy but the world economy if Ford, GM, Chrysler, and AIG implode? You do realize that those are loans with the expectation of being paid back, right? They aren't grants.

This is the problem. You get people that don't understand all the details and draw conclusions based on misinformation from FOX news.

Do you have a job right now? Are you enjoying the benefits of employment and discretionary spending? Because I guarantee you we'd all be up shit creek right now with the "excessive government" spending that was necessary to save all our asses in late 2008 and early 2009. In fact, most economist will state what the fed (Obama appointed) did prevented an economic collapse of the likes we have never before seen.

Regarding BP, yes it could have been better. There should have been more pressure on BP to accept responsibility. But it was still infinitely better than W's handling of Katrina.

Do you not think that we deserve better, regardless of this clown or the last one that was in the oval office? How much longer can you play the "well, he's better than W" card? I will say that given our choices, yes, this guy won, big deal. But can you honestly say that Obama is good for the future of America? I'm pretty sure not...

He basically rode the dead cat bounce of this market. Sad as it is, the economy and the US is in it's current state IN SPITE of him. You think that govt intervention creates true economic growth or is it just a facade that provides a boost in poll numbers? I almost hope he gets re-elected so he can then "claim" the credit for this false bottom.
      09-01-2010, 04:39 PM   #58
DenverJayhawk
Major

Quote:
This is perfect example of why I am sick of this shit.

I don't care what they originally called themselves. While I don't like the Tea Party, I am not going to go mudslinging. They call themselves the Tea Party now and that is what I will call them.
you can call them whatever you want. I'm just stating the fact that those folks initially called themselves Tea Baggers still makes me laugh and think that whole movement is a joke.

09-01-2010, 04:52 PM   #59
schoy
Private First Class

Drives: Melbourne Red E90 M3

I don't get why people are comparing Obama to Bush. The choice that Americans had was never Obama vs Bush, but Obama vs. McCain (or some other person you voted for instead). I wish the Obama supporters would stop defending their President by saying "well our President was better than the last one ..." -- it seems to me that the argument is completely irrelevant.
      09-01-2010, 05:02 PM   #60
immiketoo
Colonel

Drives: Smoothly

Quote:
That's only because of the limited time Obama has had in office and the the fact that he never speaks without a script.

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
      09-01-2010, 05:03 PM   #61
immiketoo
Colonel

Drives: Smoothly

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoy View Post
I don't get why people are comparing Obama to Bush. The choice that Americans had was never Obama vs Bush, but Obama vs. McCain (or some other person you voted for instead). I wish the Obama supporters would stop defending their President by saying "well our President was better than the last one ..." -- it seems to me that the argument is completely irrelevant.
Good point, but comparisons are inevitable. Especially when both sides use the other as illustrative examples of why they are better or worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
      09-01-2010, 05:19 PM   #62
scollins
Bootleggin' 'n Gunrunnin'

Drives: 2010 e70 X5 35d

Quote:
In fact, most economist will state what the fed (Obama appointed) did prevented an economic collapse of the likes we have never before seen.
Really? I always thought Bernanke was appointed by Bush in 2006, and was again re-appointed by Obama in 2010. So which "Bernanke" saved us all from financial ruin? The Bush-Bernanke or the Obama-Bernanke?

Quote:
Regarding BP, yes it could have been better. There should have been more pressure on BP to accept responsibility. But it was still infinitely better than W's handling of Katrina.
How so? Millions of gallons of oil spilling into the gulf for months on end from a man-made disaster vs. the destruction from a natural occurrence?

In either case, there is plenty of blame to go around for politicians (local and federal.) But to say that Obama handled the BP situation better than Bush handled Katrina is just stupid. Neither performed well, and comparing one bad performance against another bad performance is an idiotic exercise.
ZAP | ZCW | ZPP | ZPS | ZRC | ZTP | 322 | 328 | 330 | 386 | 4AZ | 4UB | 655 | 6FL | 6NF
2008 Ducati 1098S Red naturally....
scollins is offline   No_Country
      09-01-2010, 05:38 PM   #63
ghosthi32
Banned

Drives: Water camel

ah the users of P/R...smartest people in the world. they should run for senate!
      09-01-2010, 06:05 PM   #64
SonnyJack
First Lieutenant

Drives: '09 E92 M3 6MT Jerez Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoy View Post
My 2 cents:

The comparisons are made because there is so much overlap between this administration and the last. The current administration inherited two wars, a nearly bankrupt financial system, a fallen housing market, etc, etc. I think you'd be hard pressed to find another instance where this has ocurred in the past, so because of all the carryover people like to make comparisons.

Clearly Bush started the two wars; Iraq by choice and Afghanistan by neccessity, but you can't blame him for the housing collapse and the corresponding financial crisis. Nor can he be blamed for the automotive issues.

In fact, the real culprits regarding the housing debacle were Fannie/Freddie, congress, and wall street. Greed is contagious.

Just remember that all administrations make mistakes. Bush made his and Obama will/has make/made his. If you are unhappy with things then just vote accordingly.

No need for anyone to resort to name calling as it nullifies the validity of any points you try to make.

At least we all love BMWs!
SonnyJack is offline   United_States
      09-01-2010, 06:52 PM   #65
MiddleAgedAl
First Lieutenant

Drives: M3

I think the bar of expectation has been set awfully low. It's really quite sad.

I hear some variation of this argument all the time "Yes, Obama screwed up X, but he's still better than the previous administration".

Seriously, that is the criteria now ? So, does that mean that if I kick you in the shin, that's OK because it's not as bad as if I were to kick you in the head ? That is where the bar is set now ? People are beyond the point of expecting/demanding to not be kicked anywhere ? Holy crap that is incredibly sad.
      09-01-2010, 07:54 PM   #66
BMWinNorthdakota
Banned

Drives: 2007 bmw 335i e90

Quote:
The bailouts which Bush and the previous Congress( while Democrats had majority, it was a slim majority which nothing could have been passed without Republican support) started. So why are you blaming Obama for that? Bush started the bank bailouts and auto bailouts. Obama simply took over that. The versions of the stimulus bill and healthcare bill we all got was all because the Republicans were being partisan shitbags and was unwilling to meet in the middle. The Democrats put in measures the Republicans wanted in the stimulus bill. And one of the measures the Democrats took was reduce the amount of the money that was going to be allocated to our AGING AND FALLING APART infrastructure. That was to appease the Republicans. Even when they did all that, the Republicans still voted no. With the Healthcare bill, the Democrats showed some kind of willingness to meet in the middle and the Republicans said, " FUCK YOU!". And because of that, the public option was removed and now we are required to buy health insurance from for profit private institutions trying to make money off our health. Fuck that and I put blame on both sides. Republicans for being obstructionists and the Democrats having no fucking balls to push the public option through after it was clear the Republicans were going to do nothing, but get in the way of any kind of healthcare reform.

I voted for Obama. I do not regret my vote. He is better then McCain/Palin( especially Palin). Now I am not entirely happy with Obama's job right now in office. It goes back to my Democrats having no balls comment. He tried so hard to reach across the aisle, nothing got done. He didn't show leadership or balls and telling the Republicans to fuck off after attempts to come to the table. Is he better then Bush? Hell yeah! Has he changed the way we play politics in DC? Fuck no. Still the same shit as always. Does he deserve a second term? I don't know. I know I am not voting for him again( I am not voting at all. No party deserves my vote right now).

I think the auto bailouts have been his biggest success with credit going to Bush as well for starting the process. While the oil spill could have been handled better, he still made BP take responsibility and pay for everything, etc( with that $20 billion account BP had to pay into).

Overall, I am sick of politics. I am sick of this partisanship. The Republicans are controlled by the extremists of the party, the Democrats have no balls, and the Tea Party is a tool. As already demonstrated in this thread, neither side is being respectful about the differing view points. Our government is broken and there is no fix in sight. Pretty much, we're fucked and we'll be joining Ancient Rome within 50 years I would say.