BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Lux Angel Eyes

09-01-2010, 01:18 PM   #23
335e92tx
Major

Drives: 07-335e92 - monaco blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC///M3 View Post
still sipping the kool aid are we???
It comes in two flavors - red and green. And both sides are always keeping the bowl full.

And no, its not the speaking that causes me grief or costs me LOTS of $$. Its the actions - such as improving the US security (or was it bringing freedom to an nation's citizens?) by spending billlions and thousands of lives in an effort that is still quite likely a pipe dream. That koolaid was piped to everyone here and abroad.
replacement FP #3 installed on 11/18 @43K - probably more sig updates to follow :/

Last edited by 335e92tx; 09-01-2010 at 01:23 PM.
      09-01-2010, 01:25 PM   #24
DenverJayhawk
Major

Drives: 2006 E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by scollins View Post
Sure he does, when his teleprompters crash or don't work right. Just search YouTube for "Obama teleprompter" and you get all kinds of instances of him talking poorly.

Or, when he is calling a Navy Corpsman a "corpse man". Or that he visited "57 states with 1 left to go", or.....
Weak sauce if you're comparing speech stumbling due to a technical teleprompt
failure to Dubya's inherent inability to speak a complete sentence.

And don't get me started on the stupid ass things W has said. I could go all freakin day.

These are two of my favorites.

"I promise you I will listen to what has been said here, even though I wasn't here."

"We spent a lot of time talking about Africa, as we should. Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease."

Obama isn't perfect. But I'll gladly have him in the office over the last administration.

330i, Black Sapphire, 6MT, Sport, Active Steering, Flux Capacitor

Last edited by DenverJayhawk; 09-01-2010 at 01:40 PM.
      09-01-2010, 01:38 PM   #25
Zell
Captain

Drives: 330Ci ZHP 6sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
Weak sauce if you're comparing speech stumbling due to a technical teleprompt
failure to Dubya's inherent inability to speak a complete sentence.

And don't get me started on the stupid ass things W has said. I could go all freakin day.

These are two of my favorites.

"I promise you I will listen to what has been said here, even though I wasn't here."

"We spent a lot of time talking about Africa, as we should. Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease."

Obama isn't perfect. But I'll gladly have him in the office over the last
administration.
My personal favorite: "The breast and the brightest." That was a little worse than "corpseman."
      09-01-2010, 01:40 PM   #26
DenverJayhawk
Major

here are a few more gems from W:

"We found the weapons of mass destruction. We found biological laboratories ... And we'll find more weapons as time goes on. But for those who say we haven't found the banned manufacturing devices or banned weapons, they're wrong, we found them." --Washington, D.C., May 30, 2003

"Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." -

Last edited by DenverJayhawk; 09-01-2010 at 01:47 PM.
      09-01-2010, 02:15 PM   #27
immiketoo
Colonel

Drives: Smoothly

Despite both administration's propensity for idiotic rhetoric, you have to judge them by whom they surround themselves with. And in this case the current one wins hands down for corrupt, criminal and racist people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
      09-01-2010, 02:19 PM   #28
DenverJayhawk
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by immiketoo View Post
Despite both administration's propensity for idiotic rhetoric, you have to judge them by whom they surround themselves with. And in this case the current one wins hands down for corrupt, criminal and racist people.
yeah, that's nothing compared the last administration's preference of officials that would knowingly fabricate false reports and lies to the American public for a basis to invade Iraq and then sit around while a major American city drowns.

09-01-2010, 02:23 PM   #29
immiketoo
Colonel

So you're saying you believe Obama, trust him implicitly and think that he isn't complicit in all of the Illinois politics? Ever look into the people he surrounded himself with here? Do you think the way he has handled BP, big banking and bailouts is acceptable? Give the country a break.

Quote:
      09-01-2010, 02:35 PM   #30
DenverJayhawk
Major

Quote:
So you're saying you believe Obama, trust him implicitly and think that he isn't complicit in all of the Illinois politics? Ever look into the people he surrounded himself with here? Do you think the way he has handled BP, big banking and bailouts is acceptable? Give the country a break.
no, I've already stated I don't think he's perfect. But he's exponentially better in my opinion than the last president in the oval office.

Do you even know what you're talking about regarding big banking? Do you realize what happens when the fed does nothing when the financial industry is about to collapse? Look back to 1929-1933 when the Fed did nothing and even tightened up credit after the economic collapse in 1929. I'm guessing you also have a problem with the bail out of the Big 3 auto makers? Do you understand what happens to not only the U.S Economy but the world economy if Ford, GM, Chrysler, and AIG implode? You do realize that those are loans with the expectation of being paid back, right? They aren't grants.

This is the problem. You get people that don't understand all the details and draw conclusions based on misinformation from FOX news.

Do you have a job right now? Are you enjoying the benefits of employment and discretionary spending? Because I guarantee you we'd all be up shit creek right now with the "excessive government" spending that was necessary to save all our asses in late 2008 and early 2009. In fact, most economist will state what the fed (Obama appointed) did prevented an economic collapse of the likes we have never before seen.

Regarding BP, yes it could have been better. There should have been more pressure on BP to accept responsibility. But it was still infinitely better than W's handling of Katrina.

Last edited by DenverJayhawk; 09-01-2010 at 02:42 PM.
      09-01-2010, 02:41 PM   #31
EmmettBrown
Banned

Drives: cars

im just laughing at all the idiots who voted for the guy and how hard they are hitting themselves in the head just about now

no president will ever be perfect - but some will do the job better than others.
      09-01-2010, 02:42 PM   #32
immiketoo
Colonel

I see you have completely ignored the most telling part regarding his "people". Convenient. Also, you ignore the principles of capitalism and free market economy. I wan't you to know I am not defending Bush, but Obama is a train wreck from the word go. Tell me one thing he has done that is worthwhile...

Quote:
      09-01-2010, 02:43 PM   #33
immiketoo
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmettBrown View Post
im just laughing at all the idiots who voted for the guy and how hard they are hitting themselves in the head just about now

no president will ever be perfect - but some will do the job better than others.
This is exactly what I'm talking about. At least Bush knew what he was getting into. Nobody had the uh-oh wake up moment when they realized that what/who they voted for was a lie.

Quote:
      09-01-2010, 02:49 PM   #34
DenverJayhawk
Major

Quote:
I see you have completely ignored the most telling part regarding his "people". Convenient. Also, you ignore the principles of capitalism and free market economy. I wan't you to know I am not defending Bush, but Obama is a train wreck from the word go. Tell me one thing he has done that is worthwhile...
Bush admitted his "strategy" of free market economy may have been wrong and short sighted. Yes, the market should be free. But it still needs governance and oversight. Without it, you get what made the financial industry nearly collapse.

One thing Obama's done worth while? Are you serious? How about stem cells for one? It's too bad that idiot judge put a temporary road block on it last week. We have the technology to cure spinal injuries and genetic defects that is being setback because of the idealism of a few ultra powerful conservatives and the legacies they've left behind.

Here's another important decision Obama's made. How about appointing a moderate to the Supreme Court instead of a super liberal? Even many right wingers agree she was a good choice. Unfortunately, W's legacy of appointing ultra conservatives to the supreme court will set this country back for the next 30 years.

Last edited by DenverJayhawk; 09-01-2010 at 02:57 PM.
      09-01-2010, 02:52 PM   #35
DenverJayhawk
Major

as for the "my people" comment, Bush has said similar things and no one got riled up over it which is just fine because it's unsubstantial rhetoric.

From W:

"This is an impressive crowd -- the haves and the have mores. Some people call you the elite -- I call you my base." --at the 2000 Al Smith dinner

09-01-2010, 03:23 PM   #36
MONSTER11
Private First Class

Drives: '11 Mustang 5.0

Quote:
Bush admitted his "strategy" of free market economy may have been wrong and short sighted. Yes, the market should be free. But it still needs governance and oversight. Without it, you get what made the financial industry nearly collapse.

One thing Obama's done worth while? Are you serious? How about stem cells for one? It's too bad that idiot judge put a temporary road block on it last week. We have the technology to cure spinal injuries and genetic defects that is being setback because of the idealism of a few ultra powerful conservatives and the legacies they've left behind.

Here's another important decision Obama's made. How about appointing a moderate to the Supreme Court instead of a super liberal? Even many right wingers agree she was a good choice. Unfortunately, W's legacy of appointing ultra conservatives to the supreme court will set this country back for the next 30 years.
Dude, get off Bush already... He's not the president anymore, NOBAMA is. He asked you to come up with something positive this clown has done for our country and all you could come up with was stem cells... That should tell you something. Also, you call Kagan a moderate??? What "right-wingers" thought she was a good choice... Lindsey Graham
      09-01-2010, 03:36 PM   #37
immiketoo
Colonel

Thank you Monster

Quote:
      09-01-2010, 03:40 PM   #38
MJC///M3
Colonel

Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3

Quote:

This is the problem. You get people that don't understand all the details and draw conclusions based on misinformation from FOX news.

Do you have a job right now? Are you enjoying the benefits of employment and discretionary spending? Because I guarantee you we'd all be up shit creek right now with the "excessive government" spending that was necessary to save all our asses in late 2008 and early 2009. In fact, most economist will state what the fed (Obama appointed) did prevented an economic collapse of the likes we have never before seen.

Regarding BP, yes it could have been better. There should have been more pressure on BP to accept responsibility. But it was still infinitely better than W's handling of Katrina.
-As opposed to the plethora of accurate and meaningful information from CNBC???

-What economists are you referring too? You seriously think that by exorbitant government spending, we are all "in the clear." I guess you are watching too much CNBC. Although I will give you, Erin Burnett is so easy on the eyes.

-Can't disagree with you on BP/Katrina debate. While O's response was shit.... dubaya and the government basically watched Katrina as if it were a made for TV movie.
"You will get there, but it is up to you and you alone. It is what you are willing to do, and how you are willing to get there. You must be relentless, you must be tireless, you must pursue at all costs, so that you are ready, when the time is right." -Dad
MJC///M3 is offline   United_States
      09-01-2010, 03:50 PM   #39
immiketoo
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC///M3 View Post
-As opposed to the plethora of accurate and meaningful information from CNBC???

-What economists are you referring too? You seriously think that by exorbitant government spending, we are all "in the clear." I guess you are watching too much CNBC. Although I will give you, Erin Burnett is so easy on the eyes.

-Can't disagree with you on BP/Katrina debate. While O's response was shit.... dubaya and the government basically watched Katrina as if it were a made for TV movie.
This is true. You'd think the G would have learned for future reference...

Quote:
      09-01-2010, 03:52 PM   #40
Freakazoid
Captain

Drives: Saturn Redline

c'mon guys...the greatest thing obama did was win the noble peace prize...... nominated before he was in office, he surely deserved it right? I mean for everything he's done...

I really hate that guy... can't wait for the next election.
      09-01-2010, 03:54 PM   #41
immiketoo
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
c'mon guys...the greatest thing obama did was win the noble peace prize...... nominated before he was in office, he surely deserved it right? I mean for everything he's done...

I really hate that guy... can't wait for the next election.
YOU ARE RIGHT! I find it interesting that his biggest proponent here didn't mention that. How exactly does one get the Nobel for something he is going to do? O is nothing more than a brand.

Quote:
      09-01-2010, 04:00 PM   #42
MONSTER11
Private First Class

Quote:
Thank you Monster
That poor misguided fool(DenverJayhawk)... Looks like it's too late, Olberman and Matthews have already gotten to him.
      09-01-2010, 04:02 PM   #43
MONSTER11
Private First Class

Quote:
YOU ARE RIGHT! I find it interesting that his biggest proponent here didn't mention that. How exactly does one get the Nobel for something he is going to do? O is nothing more than a brand.
When you're the "messiah" nothing is impossible.
      09-01-2010, 04:03 PM   #44
quagmire
I am Gundam

Drives: 2014 Cadillac ATS 3.6 AWD

Quote:
The bailouts which Bush and the previous Congress( while Democrats had majority, it was a slim majority which nothing could have been passed without Republican support) started. So why are you blaming Obama for that? Bush started the bank bailouts and auto bailouts. Obama simply took over that. The versions of the stimulus bill and healthcare bill we all got was all because the Republicans were being partisan shitbags and was unwilling to meet in the middle. The Democrats put in measures the Republicans wanted in the stimulus bill. And one of the measures the Democrats took was reduce the amount of the money that was going to be allocated to our AGING AND FALLING APART infrastructure. That was to appease the Republicans. Even when they did all that, the Republicans still voted no. With the Healthcare bill, the Democrats showed some kind of willingness to meet in the middle and the Republicans said, " FUCK YOU!". And because of that, the public option was removed and now we are required to buy health insurance from for profit private institutions trying to make money off our health. Fuck that and I put blame on both sides. Republicans for being obstructionists and the Democrats having no fucking balls to push the public option through after it was clear the Republicans were going to do nothing, but get in the way of any kind of healthcare reform.

I voted for Obama. I do not regret my vote. He is better then McCain/Palin( especially Palin). Now I am not entirely happy with Obama's job right now in office. It goes back to my Democrats having no balls comment. He tried so hard to reach across the aisle, nothing got done. He didn't show leadership or balls and telling the Republicans to fuck off after attempts to come to the table. Is he better then Bush? Hell yeah! Has he changed the way we play politics in DC? Fuck no. Still the same shit as always. Does he deserve a second term? I don't know. I know I am not voting for him again( I am not voting at all. No party deserves my vote right now).

I think the auto bailouts have been his biggest success with credit going to Bush as well for starting the process. While the oil spill could have been handled better, he still made BP take responsibility and pay for everything, etc( with that $20 billion account BP had to pay into).

Overall, I am sick of politics. I am sick of this partisanship. The Republicans are controlled by the extremists of the party, the Democrats have no balls, and the Tea Party is a tool. As already demonstrated in this thread, neither side is being respectful about the differing view points. Our government is broken and there is no fix in sight. Pretty much, we're fucked and we'll be joining Ancient Rome within 50 years I would say.