BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-26-2010, 05:17 PM   #89
brandon @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
brandon @ eas's Avatar
United_States
225
Rep
3,552
Posts


 
Drives: F30 335i M-sport
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: So-Cal

iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11' AW M3 View Post
david, that is the setup you used on the zcp m3 you guys did with the wider tires. Tom (a few posts above) mentioned that oem tires would need a more aggressive spacer setup.

I would like to make them as flush as possible. When I eventually change my tires for a wider stance, I will change my spacer setup if needed...

You could do a 5mm in the rear, possibly even a 10mm since the stock tires are so stretched.

As for the front, I would stick with a 10mm or 12mm

Last edited by brandon @ eas; 07-26-2010 at 05:30 PM.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2010, 12:13 AM   #90
ducman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
5
Rep
257
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: OC

iTrader: (5)

I did the 12 front and 5 back last Wednesday at EAS. They look really really really flushed.

11' AW M3, I would recommend the same setup since our cars are the same. I don't think EAS have 10 in stock anyway.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2010, 12:27 AM   #91
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
tom @ eas's Avatar
United_States
325
Rep
10,621
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducman View Post
I did the 12 front and 5 back last Wednesday at EAS. They look really really really flushed.

11' AW M3, I would recommend the same setup since our cars are the same. I don't think EAS have 10 in stock anyway.
Actually, 10mm just arrived in stock today.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2010, 01:43 AM   #92
11' AW M3
Major
United_States
30
Rep
1,237
Posts

 
Drives: 11' ZCP E92 M3
Join Date: May 2009
Location: california

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducman View Post
I did the 12 front and 5 back last Wednesday at EAS. They look really really really flushed.

11' AW M3, I would recommend the same setup since our cars are the same. I don't think EAS have 10 in stock anyway.
Do you have pics by any chance? I didn't think the 12fr/5rr looked too flush on the white zcp that eas did with the wider tires....
__________________
2011 AW/FR Extended E92 M3... fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2010, 05:07 PM   #93
flipm3
E46 + E90
Philippines
43
Rep
2,787
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3 + E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
would an E90 M3 rub with Eibachs, 18mm/15mm, and OEM 18s? what about with H&Rs?

thanks!
__________________
E90 M3 DCT|Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth | My Build Thread
E46 M3 6MT|Jet Black . Black Nappa Leather | My Build Thread
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2010, 10:07 AM   #94
Psylight
Brigadier General
Psylight's Avatar
Mexico
39
Rep
3,480
Posts

 
Drives: Teh Space Gray E92 M 6MT Scene
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Diamond Bar ,California

iTrader: (10)

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Psylight
Great thread!
__________________

The Ultimate Driving Scene
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2010, 11:14 AM   #95
david @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
david @ eas's Avatar
United_States
113
Rep
4,054
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Anaheim

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11' AW M3 View Post
Do you have pics by any chance? I didn't think the 12fr/5rr looked too flush on the white zcp that eas did with the wider tires....
If you don't see the pictures on the thread, then it hasn't been done HERE at the shop. Best bet is to stay subscribed to see if this is done later down the road so you can get reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipm3 View Post
would an E90 M3 rub with Eibachs, 18mm/15mm, and OEM 18s? what about with H&Rs?

thanks!
Check the thread, I'm sure there are a few customers who have done this. This is why we created this thread.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2010, 12:02 AM   #96
SlamMan
Captain
SlamMan's Avatar
United_States
44
Rep
796
Posts

 
Drives: ED 5/19/2010, Interlagos E90
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Denver, 303

iTrader: (1)

Would the 12/5 setup be the same recommendation for an E90 M3 with competition package?
__________________
I play real sports. Not tryin' to be the best at exercising. - Kenny Powers
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2010, 12:11 PM   #97
EAS
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
EAS's Avatar
216
Rep
5,695
Posts


 
Drives: VF620 M3
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamMan View Post
Would the 12/5 setup be the same recommendation for an E90 M3 with competition package?
For OEM ZCP wheels and tires, yes it is
__________________
european auto source (eas)
email: info@europeanautosource.com web: www.europeanautosource.com
tel 866.669.0705 | ca: 714.369.8524 | fax: 714.908.1796


Blog | Facebook | YouTube | Flickr | Twitter
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2010, 01:05 PM   #98
Malek@MRF
Malek@MRF's Avatar
United_States
62
Rep
3,404
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3, E46 M3, F30, E30
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Irvine, California

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via AIM to Malek@MRF
I just got my ZCP this past saturday since it took forever to get here from ED.

I am going to be doing 15mm front and 12mm rear's. Measured it all out and should fit no problem.

I might be dropping by today or tomorrow to pick these up! I'll take pictures when done.

And for those who are wondering, yes I will be lowering the car as well. The route I am taking hasn't been determined, but for the sake of this thread, its all about if it will fit and look good without any trouble.

-Malek
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2010, 02:27 PM   #99
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
tom @ eas's Avatar
United_States
325
Rep
10,621
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malekreza11 View Post
I just got my ZCP this past saturday since it took forever to get here from ED.

I am going to be doing 15mm front and 12mm rear's. Measured it all out and should fit no problem.

I might be dropping by today or tomorrow to pick these up! I'll take pictures when done.

And for those who are wondering, yes I will be lowering the car as well. The route I am taking hasn't been determined, but for the sake of this thread, its all about if it will fit and look good without any trouble.

-Malek
Bring the M3 and we'll install them for you, and get some pictures afterwards
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2010, 04:59 AM   #100
Malek@MRF
Malek@MRF's Avatar
United_States
62
Rep
3,404
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3, E46 M3, F30, E30
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Irvine, California

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via AIM to Malek@MRF
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Bring the M3 and we'll install them for you, and get some pictures afterwards
Don't know why on earth I am awake right now (can't sleep) but I will be coming tomorrow to pick up 4 pairs of spacers. 2 for me, 2 for a buddy and will be installing them right after.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 10:59 PM   #101
MaverickNemesis
Captain
16
Rep
790
Posts

 
Drives: Your Girl Crazy
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Gotham City, New York

iTrader: (3)

is it me or does it seem that some 15/12 setups are equally as aggressive as 18/15 on some cars? Ive seen some pics on stock springs with 15/12 that are borderline touching the fenders. Is there any reason why its different on cars? Is there a realignment needed?
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2010, 01:28 AM   #102
a burrito
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
28
Rep
1,935
Posts

 
Drives: '14 W212 AMG S, '12 958 S
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Irvine, CA

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to a burrito
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickNemesis View Post
is it me or does it seem that some 15/12 setups are equally as aggressive as 18/15 on some cars? Ive seen some pics on stock springs with 15/12 that are borderline touching the fenders. Is there any reason why its different on cars? Is there a realignment needed?
Maverick, the differentiation is if the cars have a drop or not. As cars get lower the wheels go in and start tucking in more. Thats why a e92 without a drop + 15/12 spacers have the same/similar stance as a lowered + 18/15.

Realignment is not needed if only spacers are being applied.
__________________
Peanut Butter Chunky
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2010, 04:22 PM   #103
Malek@MRF
Malek@MRF's Avatar
United_States
62
Rep
3,404
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3, E46 M3, F30, E30
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Irvine, California

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via AIM to Malek@MRF
Here are my pictures are promised. Only 2 front shots for now.

Car is a 2011 ZCP Coupe. Lowered on H&R springs with custom guide supports, rear spring pads and bump stops.

Spacers:
Front 18mm
Rear 15mm.

For those wondering, it works perfectly and the 12mm front and 5mm recommendation is too conservative. Dont bother even putting a 5mm in the rear in my opinion, and don't bother with the 12 in the front either. The tires are stretched on the ZCP wheels, and you can even fit 20mm front and 18mm rear without ANY rubbing what so ever.

Here ya go.. Pictures were taken with a point and shoot camera, and not my SLR. I will take better pics soon.



Appreciate 0
      08-29-2010, 05:59 PM   #104
11' AW M3
Major
United_States
30
Rep
1,237
Posts

 
Drives: 11' ZCP E92 M3
Join Date: May 2009
Location: california

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malekreza11 View Post
Here are my pictures are promised. Only 2 front shots for now.

Car is a 2011 ZCP Coupe. Lowered on H&R springs with custom guide supports, rear spring pads and bump stops.

Spacers:
Front 18mm
Rear 15mm.

For those wondering, it works perfectly and the 12mm front and 5mm recommendation is too conservative. Dont bother even putting a 5mm in the rear in my opinion, and don't bother with the 12 in the front either. The tires are stretched on the ZCP wheels, and you can even fit 20mm front and 18mm rear without ANY rubbing what so ever.

Here ya go.. Pictures were taken with a point and shoot camera, and not my SLR. I will take better pics soon.



thanks for the pm & pics! It is obvious that the MS spacer set I purchased (12/5) is way too conservative. However, I did go wider in terms of tires- 255/285 so I probably can't go as aggressive as you. I am thinking 12/10 or 15/12 would be better for me...
__________________
2011 AW/FR Extended E92 M3... fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2010, 10:44 AM   #105
Malek@MRF
Malek@MRF's Avatar
United_States
62
Rep
3,404
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3, E46 M3, F30, E30
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Irvine, California

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via AIM to Malek@MRF
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11' AW M3 View Post
thanks for the pm & pics! It is obvious that the MS spacer set I purchased (12/5) is way too conservative. However, I did go wider in terms of tires- 255/285 so I probably can't go as aggressive as you. I am thinking 12/10 or 15/12 would be better for me...
If you are in Orange County, give me a call sometime and I will measure up for you using my spacer templates to see exactly what you can fit given your new tire setup.

-Malek
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2010, 08:49 AM   #106
Kwan04
New Member
0
Rep
7
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Just ordered 15/12 for a 2011 E92 with stock 19's and stock suspension.
Hope they're in stock.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2010, 09:42 AM   #107
Eddie_125i
BbbMmmWww
Eddie_125i's Avatar
Sweden
15
Rep
691
Posts

 
Drives: Bmw 335i E92 N55
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Malmö

iTrader: (0)

I have a set of Breyton GTSM-R 20 ! Lowered on RD sport

I want it real flush

Itīs 8,5 front and 10 rear

255 front and 295 rear

ET same as 19 stock

Should i go 10mm rear and 15mm front or

5mm rear and 10mm front ?
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2010, 06:37 PM   #108
OlegE90
Private
United_States
1
Rep
91
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 LeMans E90 M3, 2009 335i
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Maple Grove, MN

iTrader: (6)

What spacers would you suggest for an e90 with Dinan Stage 3 with OEM 19" wheels (OEM tire sizes)? The camber specs that the car will have (suspension not installed yet) would be -1.95 up front and -1.45 in the rear.

I would like to have the wheels be flush with the fenders with no rubbing. Do you think 18/15 will work?

Also, my track wheels don't require spacers so the spacers will need to be taken off and put back on multiple times during the summer, any issues with this?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2010, 07:37 PM   #109
EAS
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
EAS's Avatar
216
Rep
5,695
Posts


 
Drives: VF620 M3
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_125i View Post
I have a set of Breyton GTSM-R 20 ! Lowered on RD sport

I want it real flush

Itīs 8,5 front and 10 rear

255 front and 295 rear

ET same as 19 stock

Should i go 10mm rear and 15mm front or

5mm rear and 10mm front ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlegE90 View Post
What spacers would you suggest for an e90 with Dinan Stage 3 with OEM 19" wheels (OEM tire sizes)? The camber specs that the car will have (suspension not installed yet) would be -1.95 up front and -1.45 in the rear.

I would like to have the wheels be flush with the fenders with no rubbing. Do you think 18/15 will work?

Also, my track wheels don't require spacers so the spacers will need to be taken off and put back on multiple times during the summer, any issues with this?

Thanks.
PMed both of you.
__________________
european auto source (eas)
email: info@europeanautosource.com web: www.europeanautosource.com
tel 866.669.0705 | ca: 714.369.8524 | fax: 714.908.1796


Blog | Facebook | YouTube | Flickr | Twitter
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2010, 02:21 AM   #110
xiliy
Lieutenant
xiliy's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
491
Posts

 
Drives: Ride BMC
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (9)

David,

Do you have 15 and 12 ms spacers in stock? I am picking up few things from crevier next week and I think your shop is near by. Thank you
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:25 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST