BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
European Auto Source
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-06-2010, 08:28 PM   #23
flipm3
E46 + E90
Philippines
43
Rep
2,785
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3 + E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fsarc View Post
$499 Here.
oh man...what a good price! especially if the power increase is legit. good find!
__________________
E90 M3 DCT|Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth | My Build Thread
E46 M3 6MT|Jet Black . Black Nappa Leather | My Build Thread
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2010, 09:31 PM   #24
duk
///M
United_States
42
Rep
2,967
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 AW/FR 6MT E92
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (0)

dynos or bust

also the ability to flex is important too
__________________
2011 AW/FR 6MT E92 | Powered by Premier | Alekshop | ESS |
Rok n Peace Clothing: www.roknpeace.com

Appreciate 0
      08-07-2010, 12:22 AM   #25
kitw
Colonel
kitw's Avatar
61
Rep
2,628
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 MW M3/2014 Boxster S
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipm3 View Post
oh man...what a good price! especially if the power increase is legit. good find!
I still can't see how ironing a few wrinkles out of the stock intake is going to provide a significant power increase, especially over a drop in.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2010, 10:12 AM   #26
kitw
Colonel
kitw's Avatar
61
Rep
2,628
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 MW M3/2014 Boxster S
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (14)

Heh, that said, I wonder if this gets rid of the resonance in the stock box with a drop in filter at 3-4k rpm. It's annoying, but I'm not convinced I'd pay $499 to get rid of it.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2010, 05:08 PM   #27
sid33
Enthusiast
sid33's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
269
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 BMW 335xi Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
I like this a lot. Good price point as well....... Be great to see some dynos ..
__________________
2012 BMW 335xi Coupe - Black
2011 BMW 335d - Titanium Silver
2011 BMW M3 Coupe - Space Gray
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2010, 04:28 PM   #28
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
MMMorish's Avatar
Canada
58
Rep
2,836
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitw View Post
I still can't see how ironing a few wrinkles out of the stock intake is going to provide a significant power increase, especially over a drop in.
+1
__________________
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2010, 12:21 AM   #29
endofanera7
Major General
endofanera7's Avatar
No_Country
118
Rep
5,188
Posts

 
Drives: 08 JB E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (15)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to endofanera7 Send a message via MSN to endofanera7
I have been running this kit for around a week or so now and i have come to a conclusion that it's a great addition to my performance part of the mod list.

Back story: Before installing this intake kit, I have stock intake system combined with aFe air filter.

Differences:

The differences are noticeable between this and the stock intake system. Look, sound, and performance gain.

From the look of it, the volume of the elbow is larger and I spoke to the guys at EAS and they verified that it is indeed larger. They tested and compared it. Apart from being bigger, it looks completely stealth with Matte Black exterior. It looks more like OEM than the stock one does...

Under hard acceleration, I can hear air being inducted loudly under the bonnet. Like what you hear in the video but louder and sexier in person, of course Not only that but as soon as the kit was installed, the car almost got louder in general since I have an aftermarket exhaust system (Eisenmann Race). Before this, I have been itching to delete my secondary cats to increase the sound level of the exhaust system and also gain some additional ponies. However, when combined with this intake kit from MS, I dont feel the need for that anymore. The car is running stronger, pulling harder and sounds incredible!
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2010, 03:01 AM   #30
kitw
Colonel
kitw's Avatar
61
Rep
2,628
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 MW M3/2014 Boxster S
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by endofanera7 View Post
I have been running this kit for around a week or so now and i have come to a conclusion that it's a great addition to my performance part of the mod list.

Back story: Before installing this intake kit, I have stock intake system combined with aFe air filter.

Differences:

The differences are noticeable between this and the stock intake system. Look, sound, and performance gain.

From the look of it, the volume of the elbow is larger and I spoke to the guys at EAS and they verified that it is indeed larger. They tested and compared it. Apart from being bigger, it looks completely stealth with Matte Black exterior. It looks more like OEM than the stock one does...

Under hard acceleration, I can hear air being inducted loudly under the bonnet. Like what you hear in the video but louder and sexier in person, of course Not only that but as soon as the kit was installed, the car almost got louder in general since I have an aftermarket exhaust system (Eisenmann Race). Before this, I have been itching to delete my secondary cats to increase the sound level of the exhaust system and also gain some additional ponies. However, when combined with this intake kit from MS, I dont feel the need for that anymore. The car is running stronger, pulling harder and sounds incredible!
Just curious, does it affect the resonance from 3000-4000 rpm from the stock intake?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2010, 04:43 AM   #31
endofanera7
Major General
endofanera7's Avatar
No_Country
118
Rep
5,188
Posts

 
Drives: 08 JB E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (15)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to endofanera7 Send a message via MSN to endofanera7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitw View Post
Just curious, does it affect the resonance from 3000-4000 rpm from the stock intake?
You mean when I had my stock intake w/ aFe air filter?

If that's what you're asking, yes, with the aFe air filter it had that lil woot sound under hard acceleration above 3000rpm. But not as loud as this setup.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2010, 07:33 AM   #32
phrogbubbaE92
Heavy Footed..
phrogbubbaE92's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
206
Posts

 
Drives: '08 DCT E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (0)

CHERRY POPPED.... Just ordered intake (first mod on vehicle), and will have a dyno chart to follow..
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2010, 08:17 AM   #33
AMPowerJ
One mod leads to another ...
AMPowerJ's Avatar
United_States
62
Rep
2,613
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 F80 M3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Blythewood, SC

iTrader: (9)

Looking forward to the dyno.
__________________

Current: 2015 F80 M3 (SS, Full Black Interior, 6MT, LED Lights, Adaptive Suspension, 19's)
Previous: 2013 E92 M3, 2013 F10 M5, 2009 E90 M3, 1998 E36 M3
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2010, 09:25 AM   #34
hammbone50
Private
2
Rep
73
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Wilmington DE

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMPowerJ View Post
Looking forward to the dyno.
That makes two of us, having a hard time believing its going to give that much gains over just the drop in.

Also has anyone been able to find out if we can purchase just the elbow pieces without the filter or scoops.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2010, 09:46 AM   #35
Tio///M
///M South Lead
Tio///M's Avatar
United_States
14
Rep
863
Posts

 
Drives: Jerez Blk / Fox Red Ext
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In Miami Serving all of SoFLA

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via MSN to Tio///M Send a message via Yahoo to Tio///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammbone50 View Post
That makes two of us, having a hard time believing its going to give that much gains over just the drop in.

Also has anyone been able to find out if we can purchase just the elbow pieces without the filter or scoops.
Apparently you can not, the filter is designed differently. The first gen filter can not be used due to different openings to accomodate the charge pipe's design. I already asked and bitched on the EAS thread in the sponsors section.
__________________
///AA ///Challenge ///MS ///EAS ///OEM ///H&R ///

MFlight!! .......NOW
///M SOUTH
on Facebook!!
FOR SALE!!
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2010, 09:54 AM   #36
hammbone50
Private
2
Rep
73
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Wilmington DE

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tio///M View Post
Apparently you can not, the filter is designed differently. The first gen filter can not be used due to different openings to accomodate the charge pipe's design. I already asked and bitched on the EAS thread in the sponsors section.
Damn that sucks! Thanks for the update!
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2010, 01:16 PM   #37
Leonardo629
Major
United_States
13
Rep
1,206
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Walnut, CA

iTrader: (9)

Waiting for the dyno chart..without it..this is just a very expensive kit that makes nothing but loud noise...
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2010, 02:06 PM   #38
M3 Montreal
Colonel
30
Rep
2,188
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 M3 SG ,DCT & 2011 S4
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montreal , Canada

iTrader: (0)

This is VERY interesting...

I would definitely pick one up if they supply dynos.
__________________
2012 E92-M3 Space Grey on Fox Red, DCT

2011 B8 S4 S-Tronic , Black on magma red
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2010, 10:49 PM   #39
Fsarc
Lieutenant
Fsarc's Avatar
United_States
12
Rep
418
Posts

 
Drives: 2011.5 E92 M3 LMB
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: BC-Northern NJ

iTrader: (3)

I would tend to think dynos should be readily available if any R&D went into designing this product. If it performs as good as it looks the dynos would be one of the first things I would want released as a manufacturer.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2010, 11:17 PM   #40
Jack28
HUSTLER
Jack28's Avatar
13
Rep
1,319
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3-E92 M3
Join Date: May 2006
Location: So/Ca Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Jack28
Great Kit...
__________________

E92 M3 ZCP- AW/FR w/Extended Leather) Packages: ZCP, 6MT, Fully Loaded
E46 M3 - AW/IR 6 Spd, Fully Loaded. 19'' BBS LM DBK, V-CSL C/F Bmpr, Botld, Diff, V-CSL Custum IR-CF Center Counsel, V-GTR Hood, Dixis Ti 76mm, Meisterschaft Ti Sec. 1&2, EvoSport Headers, CAI, D/A Chip, tck d/a, Alcantera Headliner with Imola Red Sttitching....
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2010, 12:42 AM   #41
mocsman
Second Lieutenant
mocsman's Avatar
Philippines
5
Rep
263
Posts

 
Drives: AW E90 M3
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Montreal View Post
This is VERY interesting...

I would definitely pick one up if they supply dynos.
same here
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2010, 02:53 AM   #42
duk
///M
United_States
42
Rep
2,967
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 AW/FR 6MT E92
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (0)

dyno or bust
__________________
2011 AW/FR 6MT E92 | Powered by Premier | Alekshop | ESS |
Rok n Peace Clothing: www.roknpeace.com

Appreciate 0
      08-13-2010, 03:19 PM   #43
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Nate@IND's Avatar
482
Rep
10,444
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (19)

Just went to the dyno today. Will post the photos and info soon
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2010, 04:18 PM   #44
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Nate@IND's Avatar
482
Rep
10,444
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (19)

Install video and dyno will be up on Monday

We did a back to back dyno run in 100+ temps here in Chicago.

__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST