BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery
 
E92-lighting
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-17-2007, 11:52 AM   #1
E92Alpine328i
Euro.Techniks-EAST
E92Alpine328i's Avatar
United_States
103
Rep
1,387
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 328i coupe
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Newark, NJ

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to E92Alpine328i
INTRODUCING.. The BMW M3 Concept Cabrio Photoshop. Side view.

Im sure you guys wanted to see this so i did it real quick. Enjoy :rocks:
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2007, 12:03 PM   #2
hands on
Private First Class
3
Rep
124
Posts

 
Drives: 07 335i coupe, Titanium/Saddle
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: UT

iTrader: (0)

+1
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2007, 12:27 PM   #3
-JLT-
First Lieutenant
-JLT-'s Avatar
5
Rep
365
Posts

 
Drives: '15 M3, '13 650xi GC
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CHITOWN

iTrader: (0)

Alpine, u need to stop b/c i thought i wanted the E90 M3 sedan when i saw ur PS but now u got my wanting the E93 M3 convertible

Help, i can't decide. LOL
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2007, 12:37 PM   #4
E92Alpine328i
Euro.Techniks-EAST
E92Alpine328i's Avatar
United_States
103
Rep
1,387
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 328i coupe
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Newark, NJ

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to E92Alpine328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jte92 View Post
Alpine, u need to stop b/c i thought i wanted the E90 M3 sedan when i saw ur PS but now u got my wanting the E93 M3 convertible

Help, i can't decide. LOL
well i personally dont like the e93 cabrio. the rear looks ugly and the hard top wasnt made right. the hard top on the e46 looks very hot. but the e93 cabrio doesnt match up its like there is something missing.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2007, 12:43 PM   #5
E36325is
Second Lieutenant
Hong Kong
5
Rep
220
Posts

 
Drives: 1M coupe
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Wow this is nice... but I'd still want the coupe for stiffer chassis and much lighter weight.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2007, 12:56 PM   #6
swamp2
Lieutenant General
swamp2's Avatar
United_States
214
Rep
10,201
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego, CA USA

iTrader: (1)

Nice

I'd love to see the same view with the top up as well (since it was such a quick job I don't feel bad about making a small request)
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2007, 01:08 PM   #7
E92Alpine328i
Euro.Techniks-EAST
E92Alpine328i's Avatar
United_States
103
Rep
1,387
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 328i coupe
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Newark, NJ

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to E92Alpine328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine325ci View Post
well i personally dont like the e93 cabrio. the rear looks ugly and the hard top wasnt made right. the hard top on the e46 looks very hot. but the e93 cabrio doesnt match up its like there is something missing.
for example:

top is the original which i dont like. the middle is the one i fixed up. i think the top should have looked more like the e46 style. who agrees with me?
Attached Images
   
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2007, 01:23 PM   #8
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
481
Rep
5,352
Posts

 
Drives: *
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine325ci View Post
for example:

top is the original which i dont like. the middle is the one i fixed up. i think the top should have looked more like the e46 style. who agrees with me?
I totally agree with you ! The E93 doesn't look as it should because the roof doesnt look solid. First of all, there's too much glass in the rear window ! I also think the pillar should be more like the chop you made, it looks more solid and complete !
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2007, 02:04 PM   #9
E92Alpine328i
Euro.Techniks-EAST
E92Alpine328i's Avatar
United_States
103
Rep
1,387
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 328i coupe
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Newark, NJ

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to E92Alpine328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
I totally agree with you ! The E93 doesn't look as it should because the roof doesnt look solid. First of all, there's too much glass in the rear window ! I also think the pillar should be more like the chop you made, it looks more solid and complete !
im glad you agree i hope others do also. maybe bmw will think about doing this for next time or change it for the following year. the e92 and e93 have the same exact shaped roof tops, just that one is hard top and one isnt. the e46 has the regular shaped coupe top and the hardtop has a different shape like what i posted here. why couldnt they just do the same with the e92 and e93?

Last edited by E92Alpine328i; 03-17-2007 at 02:06 PM. Reason: added more text
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2007, 04:35 PM   #10
esquire
Colonel
esquire's Avatar
United_States
58
Rep
2,801
Posts

 
Drives: 2011.5 Dakar Yellow M3 Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orange County, California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine325ci View Post
im glad you agree i hope others do also. maybe bmw will think about doing this for next time or change it for the following year. the e92 and e93 have the same exact shaped roof tops, just that one is hard top and one isnt. the e46 has the regular shaped coupe top and the hardtop has a different shape like what i posted here. why couldnt they just do the same with the e92 and e93?
actually alpine, the e93's top's design is not by any measure the same as the e92's. it's actually a pretty large departure. then angle at which the rear window segment joins the roof deviates from the e92 design, and also the flatness of the convertible roof itself varies a significant amount from the e92.

more to the point though:
convertible tops just never look right.
__________________

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2007, 05:19 PM   #11
Joop!
Major
Joop!'s Avatar
Netherlands
14
Rep
1,154
Posts

 
Drives: E92 330iA M-Sport HE
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: The Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Again nice PS, you're quite handy with Photoshop.
__________________


BMW - Maßstab für Fahrspaß
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2007, 05:54 PM   #12
Romo
Captain
Romo's Avatar
Netherlands
13
Rep
940
Posts

 
Drives: 1M, HP4 Comp, Cayman GTS
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brummelenj View Post
Again nice PS, you're quite handy with Photoshop.

Handy? The man is a genius
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2007, 06:35 PM   #13
Joop!
Major
Joop!'s Avatar
Netherlands
14
Rep
1,154
Posts

 
Drives: E92 330iA M-Sport HE
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: The Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romo View Post
Handy? The man is a genius
Ja,ja,ja, straks gaat ie nog naast zijn schoenen lopen
__________________


BMW - Maßstab für Fahrspaß
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2007, 07:21 PM   #14
E92Alpine328i
Euro.Techniks-EAST
E92Alpine328i's Avatar
United_States
103
Rep
1,387
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 328i coupe
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Newark, NJ

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to E92Alpine328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by brummelenj View Post
Ja,ja,ja, straks gaat ie nog naast zijn schoenen lopen

HUH?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2007, 09:05 PM   #15
BeBogus
New Member
2
Rep
15
Posts

 
Drives: 08' BMW 535i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

I love the Pshop, you are tallented.

But the only thing with your changed shot with the top up is that the kink in the rear pillar is a trademark BMW sign. So I don't think we would see it go any time soon.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2007, 04:08 AM   #16
Romo
Captain
Romo's Avatar
Netherlands
13
Rep
940
Posts

 
Drives: 1M, HP4 Comp, Cayman GTS
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine325ci View Post
HUH?
That was a Dutch joke

As I told him you are a genius, he told me to back off a little, mening you might become some what arrogant afterwards
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2007, 10:37 AM   #17
Markus03
Private First Class
4
Rep
162
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 330Ci
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Yeah, it would be interesting to know what the M3 convertible would like like with the top up! But I think BMW made the top the way it is because they wanted to preserve the graceful lines of the coupe without losing their famous Hoffmeister kink with the pillar. Can't wait for the convertible with top up!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2007, 11:06 AM   #18
E92Alpine328i
Euro.Techniks-EAST
E92Alpine328i's Avatar
United_States
103
Rep
1,387
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 328i coupe
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Newark, NJ

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to E92Alpine328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus03 View Post
Yeah, it would be interesting to know what the M3 convertible would like like with the top up! But I think BMW made the top the way it is because they wanted to preserve the graceful lines of the coupe without losing their famous Hoffmeister kink with the pillar. Can't wait for the convertible with top up!!!
just look atthe e92 335 cabrio its the same exact thing.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2007, 12:44 PM   #19
Joop!
Major
Joop!'s Avatar
Netherlands
14
Rep
1,154
Posts

 
Drives: E92 330iA M-Sport HE
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: The Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romo View Post
That was a Dutch joke

As I told him you are a genius, he told me to back off a little, mening you might become some what arrogant afterwards
You promised not to tell anyone about this...

Alpine325Ci: Your PS-skills go way beyond mine, get on with the great work. Credits are yours
__________________


BMW - Maßstab für Fahrspaß
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2007, 07:39 PM   #20
Last E92 M3
Lieutenant Colonel
17
Rep
1,507
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M3
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

coupe FTW!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2007, 08:25 PM   #21
ase2dais
//Mdicted
ase2dais's Avatar
United_States
126
Rep
9,874
Posts

 
Drives: a Cop Magnet
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 495 Ring

iTrader: (17)

Garage List
BRAVO!

can you do one with a red interior?:rocks:
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2007, 09:03 PM   #22
E92Alpine328i
Euro.Techniks-EAST
E92Alpine328i's Avatar
United_States
103
Rep
1,387
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 328i coupe
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Newark, NJ

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to E92Alpine328i
M3 Cabrio top up

top up.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST