BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

Strasse Wheels

08-02-2010, 08:53 AM   #23
M3Fool
Loves FFDP
Germany
Rep

Drives: 11 E90 M3 SOLD 11 5.0 'Stang

I had a C5 for a couple of weeks and I really did not like driving it on the autobahn due to all the construction, that car made me nervous driving through the narrowed lanes. Have not even sat in the C6.... any version so I dont know if it is any different width wise, but if it not......... count me out.
      08-02-2010, 10:10 AM   #24
elh0102
Captain
Rep

Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge View Post
No one said Corvettes can't handle. They are very effective at the track and pull some sick g's, no doubt about that. However, they're tricky to drive at the limit, especially the Z06.
I did a few track seasons in a C6 ZO6; great car ('til the engine blew). It is a super track car, and fine on the street too if you don't need a back seat and can tolerate the noise level. Don't think you will find another 500 hp car that will give you 30 mpg either! As with any high hp, rear drive car, it demands attention and, at times a delicate touch. But, it teaches throttle control and will absolutely make you a better driver. They do give the perception of being large, but that feeling goes away at speed. If you compare the Vette's dimensions with other cars, you might be surprised at what you discover. For example, the Vette is only 4' wider than the M3, but also 4" shorter and 9" lower.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2010, 10:27 AM   #25
M3Fool
Loves FFDP
Germany
Rep

Drives: 11 E90 M3 SOLD 11 5.0 'Stang

Quote:
Originally Posted by elh0102 View Post
I did a few track seasons in a C6 ZO6; great car ('til the engine blew). It is a super track car, and fine on the street too if you don't need a back seat and can tolerate the noise level. Don't think you will find another 500 hp car that will give you 30 mpg either! As with any high hp, rear drive car, it demands attention and, at times a delicate touch. But, it teaches throttle control and will absolutely make you a better driver. They do give the perception of being large, but that feeling goes away at speed. If you compare the Vette's dimensions with other cars, you might be surprised at what you discover. For example, the Vette is only 4' wider than the M3, but also 4" shorter and 9" lower.
4 inches on the width is HUGE going through narrow 2 lane roads.... at least it feels that way.
      08-02-2010, 12:15 PM   #26
fll335
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 991 C4S

Quote:
Spot on.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2010, 08:00 PM   #27
serge
Captain
Germany
Rep

Drives: '11 M3 ZCP (Sold) / '06 C6 Z06

Quote:
+1

I totally agree with you
Appreciate 0