BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

View Poll Results: What will you do if DSG is not available for the M3's release?
immediately purchase car in manual, rather than wait for DSG to be released 30 27.78%
order the car in DSG as soon as its available 56 51.85%
wait til i can test drive both and then make a decision 22 20.37%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

03-15-2007, 10:31 AM   #23
Last E92 M3
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: BMW M3

testdrive then decide!
      03-15-2007, 12:18 PM   #24
Hans Delbruck
BMW & MB - friends in my garage

Drives: C63, 135i, 1959 BUICK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyB View Post
At least they're launching the car with the good tranny. Tell you what, I'll wait to get a 6-speed manual until the 'automatic' comes out. I'm looking at '09 or '10 models anyways.

"the good tranny" The E92 M3 will be the first car I've ever bought WITHOUT a manual! I even had a manual in my E39 528i! But, I'm getting old.....
Hans Delbruck is offline   United_States
      03-15-2007, 02:10 PM   #25
DonM3
Captain

Drives: AW e92 M3

I'm preparing myslef for the DSG tranny not being available at launch. Will tell my dealer if it is'nt availabe at the time of my allocation, which I'm presuming will be around early oct, I will kindly decline and insist on being in no. 1 position when it does become available. Will also tell my friends and bitches that I wont be getting the car this year:mad: and that they will have to wait until spring 2008 to use me like a expensive taxi cab. I can tolerate a 6 month delay of the DSG, but not much more. If it is'nt available by Mar 2008 I will get a 6 speed manual.
DonM3 is offline   United Kingdom
      03-16-2007, 02:42 AM   #26
esquire
Colonel

Drives: 2011.5 Dakar Yellow M3 Coupe

anyone here thinking of picking up the car in stick and then turning around to sell it when the DSG tranny becomse available?

given how few M3's will be on the road initially, you could probably get away with selling the car in stick with only a minimal amount of depreciation.

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
esquire is offline   United_States
      03-16-2007, 11:32 AM   #27
REP1KRR
My other car is a Scooter'ia

Drives: M3 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
anyone here thinking of picking up the car in stick and then turning around to sell it when the DSG tranny becomse available?

given how few M3's will be on the road initially, you could probably get away with selling the car in stick with only a minimal amount of depreciation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REP1KRR View Post
Exercise my #1 spot with the 6-speed. Following year, sell the 08 manual and buy the 09 DSG. I'll suffer for a year.
Yeah, I think so, maybe, I don't know, ugg, BLOODY HELL!! Damn you BMW.
<insert: smile of the guy beating his head against the brick wall>
      03-16-2007, 01:57 PM   #28
Mii
First Lieutenant

Drives: BMW

I got a feeling if people stop taking order for the first batch of manual tranny M3, then DSG tranny M3 may be launched sooner.
      03-16-2007, 04:13 PM   #29
esquire
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mii View Post
I got a feeling if people stop taking order for the first batch of manual tranny M3, then DSG tranny M3 may be launched sooner.
i'm pretty sure you're wrong. even if everyone abandons their order to wait for the DSG, you can bet your bottom dollar that those spots will immediately get refilled, and bmw will be working overtime to fill those orders. bmw will never feel the impact, and as a consequence, they won't see a reason to bump production of DSG.

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
      03-17-2007, 05:46 PM   #30
audisp0rta4

Drives: 05 Mazda Rx8

Send a message via AIM to audisp0rta4 Send a message via Yahoo to audisp0rta4
I dont even care about SMG or DSG. I think theyre cool, but theres no clutch to launch with (for good reason.....most people would fry the clutch!). I have no idea what BMW's DSG will be like, but Audi's DSG is absolutely boring to me.......feels just like an auto tranny! At least SMG had the herky jerky feel of a racecars sequential box!!

These are purely my own opinion, but Ill take the 6 speed for sure and have full control over my car and match my own revs etc!
89 Nissan 240sx (sr20det) -sold
03 Ninja ZX6R 636
      03-17-2007, 08:27 PM   #31
Trpltrbl
Enlisted Member

Drives: Fast

I remember not to long ago everybody here telling the ones that weren't getting the manual, they were not real M3 drivers. Look at y'all now.
But there is a reason there is this saying " the more they talk, the less they know"
      03-31-2007, 01:55 PM   #32
esquire
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trpltrbl View Post
I remember not to long ago everybody here telling the ones that weren't getting the manual, they were not real M3 drivers. Look at y'all now.
But there is a reason there is this saying " the more they talk, the less they know"

for me, at the end of the day, it's about which transmission launches me quickest.

04-01-2007, 12:08 AM   #33
The Chad
Private

Drives: Honda S2000

What surprises me about this thread is the number of people who want BMW to rush production of the DSG. After all the misgivings and complaints about SMG, you wouldn't think you would want BMW to "rush" something to completion.
      04-01-2007, 01:54 AM   #34
SCOTT26
Brigadier General

Drives: Frozen Dark Silver 30 Jahre

BMW want a simultanious introduction for both The M3 Cabrio and ZSG and Manual Transmission for the North American/Canadian market.
That is why The M3 goes on sale in Spring 2008 so both variants and gearbox choices are available.

This will be followed by a similar pattern of the BMW 1er Coupe and Cabrio making it's introduction to the North American/Canadian market.
      04-01-2007, 02:36 PM   #35
swamp2
Lieutenant General

Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
BMW want a simultanious introduction for both The M3 Cabrio and ZSG and Manual Transmission for the North American/Canadian market.
That is why The M3 goes on sale in Spring 2008 so both variants and gearbox choices are available.

This will be followed by a similar pattern of the BMW 1er Coupe and Cabrio making it's introduction to the North American/Canadian market.

FINALLY - The best news I have heard in ages, ZSG for sure and BMW shooting for simultaneous 6Mt and ZSG launch in North America. Man, Im dancing in my chair. Thanks for the update Scott, I hope BMW can pull it off.
swamp2 is offline   United_States
      04-01-2007, 03:33 PM   #36
southlight
Moderator / European Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post

FINALLY - The best news I have heard in ages, ZSG for sure and BMW shooting for simultaneous 6Mt and ZSG launch in North America. Man, Im dancing in my chair. Thanks for the update Scott, I hope BMW can pull it off.
I knew your reaction from the moment I read Scott's post!
Finally everything will be fine..

Best regards, south
      04-01-2007, 03:35 PM   #37
monsta
Brigadier General

Drives: E92 M3

Quote:

Great news, just when I thought BMW made my choice for me, now I have debate w/ myself on stick or ZSG...:rocks: great problem to have...

'08 E92 M3 6MT | IB | FR | RAC RG63's | VRS Ti Exhaust | Fabspeed HFC & Xpipe
'09 X5 35d SG/SB
'11 X3 28i AW/CN/FW (wife's car
monsta is offline   United_States
      04-01-2007, 09:30 PM   #38
Milehigh E90
Private First Class

Drives: 2006 330xi

Since I already have a 330xi WITH the 6 speed manual, I'm kind of thinking of sticking (no pun) with the manual. I doubt that I'll drive the M3 anymore then the 330XI, in fact a LOT LESS, and I'm a "purist" and kind of like rowing my own gears!!

04-01-2007, 11:49 PM   #39
Mii
First Lieutenant

Quote:

Great News!!! Thanks for the confirmation of release schedule.