BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

INDustry distribution

07-18-2010, 11:45 PM   #23
FStop7
I like cars

Drives: M6

Things are tightened up, it takes more than a high score these days. BMW FS is pretty good to work with once you're in, though. They take prior history into consideration and all.
FStop7 is offline   Vatican City State
      07-19-2010, 08:45 PM   #24
Money2536
Major

Drives: ' 15 M3 | '14 911 C2S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by trendy26 View Post
LOL.... Goin to Vegas a couple times this year. As you can imagine, need to conserve as much cash as I can.... No telling how much is gonna be blown out there!

On a more serious note, just prefer to borrow more $$$$ at 1.9%, cuz I could earn more than that by investing my money.... At the end of the day, just confused as to why BMW is so strict, and if this was a norm for them to ask....
If you are using "cuz" in a sentence, you are not earning more than 1.9%. Just put the 10% down. You'll be happy you did later.
Money2536 is online now   United_States
      07-19-2010, 10:17 PM   #25
trendy26
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money2536 View Post
If you are using "cuz" in a sentence, you are not earning more than 1.9%. Just put the 10% down. You'll be happy you did later.
WOW!!!!! This has to be the most naive, yet amusing reply to a threaded discussion. I apologize for not using proper english in this informal setting. What could I have been thinking???? I couldn't possibly have my MBA by using words like that, correct?

I used the word "Cuz." That definitely means I have no idea how to properly invest my money, and have no financial sense at all whatsoever. Good judge of character buddy!
      07-22-2010, 07:12 PM   #26
dardeca
Lieutenant

Drives: 2011 M3 E92

What is a BMW select loan and how does that differ from a standard car loan?
dardeca is offline   United_States
      07-22-2010, 09:00 PM   #27
WillC310
Lieutenant

Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dardeca View Post
What is a BMW select loan and how does that differ from a standard car loan?
It's been discussed before, but basically you finance only a portion of the car (66% IIRC) and the remainder of the balance is due at the end as a balloon payment. Ex: your price is $70k for the car with tax, etc, but only finance ~46k (66%). At the end of the term, you owe 24k + interest in 1 lump sum, or you can re-fi that again. It basically lowers your monthly and leaves you holding the bag at the end of the term.. For some people it might make sense, but I think a traditional loan is better.