BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-10-2007, 06:20 PM   #1
LinoD
New Member
 
Drives: E46M3->E60M5->135i->E92M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 28
iTrader: (1)

Photoshop'd E90 M3... Cleaner & Agresive...

hey all... I've attached a couple of pics...

I've adjusted, what i think are some of the problem area's of the E90 M3 Concept car... I was going for a Cleaner yet aggressive look.

some Before & Afters... what do you guys think ?
-thanks
Attached Images
    
LinoD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2007, 06:22 PM   #2
imolazhp_ci
Major
 
Drives: Z4 M Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: orange county

Posts: 1,002
iTrader: (0)

BMW's looks better. your rear looks dumb. your front looks whatever.
imolazhp_ci is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2007, 06:27 PM   #3
CSL-Fanatik
First Lieutenant
 
CSL-Fanatik's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 M3 DCT
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Boulder

Posts: 383
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
I agree, tha actual car looks just better. Thank you for doing that, it also showed me that I am actually starting to like the rear
CSL-Fanatik is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2007, 07:17 PM   #4
esquire
Colonel
 
esquire's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 Dakar Yellow M3 Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orange County, California

Posts: 2,800
iTrader: (0)

i like yours better. nicely done. you saw the same problems with it that i did

1) in the front, i felt like i wanted the bottom to be even with the ground.
2) i didn't like the indentations in the back.
__________________

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
esquire is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2007, 07:24 PM   #5
oneshare325
Brigadier General
 
oneshare325's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 325i, E82 135i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Arlington, VA

Posts: 4,174
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
That is called an e92, haha, Maybe it was just a typo, But not bad on the Photoshops!

E90=sedans
E91=Wagon
E92=coupes
E93=convertable
oneshare325 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2007, 03:17 AM   #6
jtown
Lieutenant
 
jtown's Avatar
 
Drives: TBD
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Norcal

Posts: 596
iTrader: (0)

Naaaaaaaaaah.
jtown is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2007, 06:42 AM   #7
hks786
Major General
 
Drives: *
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK

Posts: 5,350
iTrader: (0)

Hmmm, I dont really like the front cuz it doesnt really fit in with the design of the M5/M6. I think the rear looks good though ! The rear looks overly-complicated and I think it needs to be more like yours, BMW should go for the "solid" look of the E46 design. Check the edit I made below, I made the centre vent wider...

__________________
hks786 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2007, 05:56 PM   #8
mdriver
Rookie
 
Drives: Grey E46 M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada

Posts: 20
iTrader: (0)

Good photoshop! You are seeing what I want to see.
I think your front will look better with the round driving lights in the vent holes as the E46.
Your rear will look better if the mesh grill widens a liitle.
Lastly, if the struts holding the mirrors can be a little closer, then the look will be very pleasing.
Just suggestions.........
mdriver is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2007, 08:48 PM   #9
Last E92 M3
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: BMW M3
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia

Posts: 1,507
iTrader: (0)

i like the original pictures better
nice try though
Last E92 M3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2007, 10:52 PM   #10
chetvd
New Member
 
chetvd's Avatar
 
Drives: '97 M3/4
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)

If you want to tone down the car, get a 335i.
chetvd is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2007, 10:54 PM   #11
uhaulball
Brigadier General
 
Drives: e90 330xi
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island, NY

Posts: 4,164
iTrader: (11)

Send a message via AIM to uhaulball
e92... please. dont get my hopes up
__________________
'06 bsm e90 330xi : 18" VMR CSL : KW V3 : GruppeM Rep Intake : UUC/Corsa Catback : Hartge Lip : ACS Roof Spoiler
OEM CF Trunk Spoiler : CF Emblems. Pillars. Mirror. Grille : LUXER12 led plate : V1 Hardwired : OG.longtran e90post sticker! circa 2005
uhaulball is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-13-2007, 02:23 AM   #12
v1p3r
Private First Class
 
Drives: E46 330i
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cape Town, South Africa

Posts: 187
iTrader: (0)

Thanks for making the effort...I do still prefer the BMW design though.

At first glance i thought the hood bulge might be a bit too big, but if you look at the pics from the side like the ones in the "modsearch" pics someone posted, it doesn't look too big anymore.

All you have to do is look at the pics of the RS4 http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/audi_rs4.asp

and then the ///M3, and there's not much of an argument...
v1p3r is offline   South Africa
0
Reply With Quote
      03-13-2007, 03:18 AM   #13
hks786
Major General
 
Drives: *
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK

Posts: 5,350
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Thanks for making the effort...I do still prefer the BMW design though.

At first glance i thought the hood bulge might be a bit too big, but if you look at the pics from the side like the ones in the "modsearch" pics someone posted, it doesn't look too big anymore.

All you have to do is look at the pics of the RS4 http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/audi_rs4.asp

and then the ///M3, and there's not much of an argument...

The RS4 looks stunnin' when you see it on the road. Anyway it's not fair to compare a sedan to a coupe. When the RS5 comes out, it'l be a direct competitor to the ///M3. Imagine an A5 with RS styling and a 420bhp V8...sounds good to me !
__________________
hks786 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-13-2007, 03:26 AM   #14
v1p3r
Private First Class
 
Drives: E46 330i
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cape Town, South Africa

Posts: 187
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
The RS4 looks stunnin' when you see it on the road. Anyway it's not fair to compare a sedan to a coupe. When the RS5 comes out, it'l be a direct competitor to the ///M3. Imagine an A5 with RS styling and a 420bhp V8...sounds good to me !
true RE coupe/sedan

and i'd like to see the audi sports coupe too
v1p3r is offline   South Africa
0
Reply With Quote
      03-13-2007, 01:36 PM   #15
hks786
Major General
 
Drives: *
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK

Posts: 5,350
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
true RE coupe/sedan

and i'd like to see the audi sports coupe too
me too, should be good....///M3 vs. RS5
__________________
hks786 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-13-2007, 02:20 PM   #16
termigni
Lieutenant
 
termigni's Avatar
 
Drives: S2000, X5, 528xi, E92
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NJ

Posts: 575
iTrader: (0)

I like the BMW design better also. but thanks for trying.
__________________
termigni is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-13-2007, 04:43 PM   #17
oldkingdom
Producer
 
oldkingdom's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 F82 M4 (YAS/Silverstone)
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 296
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW Z4 35is  [0.00]
2007 e92 335i  [0.00]
I don't know... I can't speak as far as everyone else is concerned... but I strongly prefer your photoshop to the actual car. The rear anyway... I hate, HATE, HATE the little unnecessary indentations in the rear bumper and as an e92 335 owner, I find the rear lighting arrays to be the weakest part of an otherwise beautiful car. I'd very much like to see something like your tail lights make it into production. I suppose I could get a custom decklid, but I'm not going to that extreme.

Anyway... thanks for the effort. I very much hope they simplify it a bit, (which I think they will). I'm not saying less aggressive as people are seeming to assume. There seems to be an overwhelming misconception about design in the community where people like to compare simplicity to aggressivness. I don't think they have to be opposites. I don't see any reason they can't coincide, (as they always have). Of course, functionality first... but it's never been Bimmer's style (Especially under the M marque) to add something for cosmetic aggressiveness just "because."

So... why start now?
__________________
J Ryan
RETIRED: '86 e30 325e, '89 e30 M3, '02 330ci, '05 330ci ZHP, '07 e92 335i, '07 e92 335i, '12 e89 Z4 35is
CURRENT: '15 M4, '14 X1, '82 DeLorean time machine
www.OFFTO55.com
oldkingdom is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-13-2007, 04:56 PM   #18
hks786
Major General
 
Drives: *
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK

Posts: 5,350
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkingdom View Post
I don't know... I can't speak as far as everyone else is concerned... but I strongly prefer your photoshop to the actual car. The rear anyway... I hate, HATE, HATE the little unnecessary indentations in the rear bumper and as an e92 335 owner, I find the rear lighting arrays to be the weakest part of an otherwise beautiful car. I'd very much like to see something like your tail lights make it into production. I suppose I could get a custom decklid, but I'm not going to that extreme.

Anyway... thanks for the effort. I very much hope they simplify it a bit, (which I think they will). I'm not saying less aggressive as people are seeming to assume. There seems to be an overwhelming misconception about design in the community where people like to compare simplicity to aggressivness. I don't think they have to be opposites. I don't see any reason they can't coincide, (as they always have). Of course, functionality first... but it's never been Bimmer's style (Especially under the M marque) to add something for cosmetic aggressiveness just "because."

So... why start now?

Hmm, I see what you mean about the rear lights, I like the front end of the new 3 coupe, but the rear is so weak. I was kinda hopin for something like the pic below. It looks so much more aggressive !
Attached Images
 
__________________
hks786 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-13-2007, 05:22 PM   #19
monsta
Brigadier General
 
monsta's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bergen County, NJ/Y.O, NY

Posts: 3,591
iTrader: (2)

I like bmw's front & your rear pc
__________________

'08 E92 M3 6MT | IB | FR | RAC RG63's | VRS Ti Exhaust | Fabspeed HFC & Xpipe
'09 X5 35d SG/SB
'11 X3 28i AW/CN/FW (wife's car
monsta is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-14-2007, 10:06 PM   #20
d3l0n
I love the ///M3, but I want 550hp ///M5
 
d3l0n's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW330iE90
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NYC

Posts: 3,279
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhaulball View Post
e92... please. dont get my hopes up
+1!!!!
d3l0n is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-14-2007, 10:08 PM   #21
d3l0n
I love the ///M3, but I want 550hp ///M5
 
d3l0n's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW330iE90
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NYC

Posts: 3,279
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
The first e92 M3 concept pic i ever saw!

ur pics are cool. I don't like the rear.. it looks boring. The front is nice, but... what do you guys think about this pic. I have always liked this concept it looks like it was based of the e90 look. Not sooo soo bad.

Very aggressive. Maybe a bit too much.
Attached Images
 
d3l0n is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:04 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST