BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

PYSPEED

06-29-2010, 01:51 PM   #23
Roaders
Private

Drives: E92 M3 DCT

Thanks for the post. Seems like very useful information.

I suppose I'll have to bite the bullet and go for it.

This kit here:

http://www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk/t...3-brakes.shtml

gives me the pads and does the hoses and fluids so I might go for that but change the pads round for track / road. I change the wheels round anyway so doing the pads as well might not add too much extra work.
      06-29-2010, 04:43 PM   #24
VictorH
Captain

Drives: '09 M3

Looks like a nice kit, though I can confirm they'll squeal. I wonder if you need to spend all that coin on a brake kit.
If you're tight on funds I would suggest just going for the brake pads and brake fluid. The brake lines will provide no performance advantage whatsoever (your car is still new right?) It's too bad your cost in Pounds is about what we pay in dollars for the same thing (we don't have VAT yet), maybe if you ever travel to the US you could spring for a set of pads from here and carry on the plane back home (the box of pads is small).
      06-29-2010, 07:47 PM   #25
ShadeD1
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2011 X5 xDrive 35i

I'm pretty happy with the performance friction "z" rated pads from Bimmerworld. Have them swap out your brake fluid with a high performance one like Motul which will help a lot as well. I have 4 track weekends on these pads and am quite happy with rotor wear and noise/dust levels. They work great and don't fade near as much.
ShadeD1 is offline   United_States
      07-05-2010, 12:27 PM   #26
Seadog
Enlisted Member

Drives: 911 GTS

Just back from Nurburgring and Zolder and thought I’d post my feedback on the brakes…
Two days before I left the UK for Nurburgring my car was with the dealer to replace the gear lever selector assembly for the second time, long story, but as the car was with the dealer I got them to fit the BMW Sports pads and can only say I’m very happy with their performance. The Ring isn’t very hard on brakes being as there’s plenty of opportunities to cool everything down on this 19 Km circuit however Zolder was brutal and it didn’t help that the air temperature was 37 deg C. That said the brakes worked perfectly and never once gave me any reason to complain. As seen from earlier post they’re very expensive but based on 4 laps at Nurburgring + 1 day at Zolder with lots of high speed Autobahns in between I feel they’re worth the high outlay. I will change back to the stock OEM pads shortly as the Sports pads are way too noisy for daily driving.
Seadog is offline   Scotland